** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

bets for euro 2008

here is where u place all of your bets for euro 2008 from group beting to winner to top goal scorer i will get the ball rolling spain to euro 2008 11/2 germany to win euro 2008 4/1 portugal to win euro 2008 7/1 torres top goal scorer 9/1 good luck all :hope:hope:hope:ok:ok:ok

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: bets for euro 2008 I have been backing Portugal small stakes ante post for about a year. I have them at prices from mainly 14's and 12's. I have about £25 e/w on them. Along with Spain, Portugal have the best squad. The only difference between them and Spain is that they actually perform well in the big tournaments. Semi's of the world cup last and astonishally losing out to Greece in the last euro 04. They are certain to be there abouts again with the quality of their midfield and defence.

Re: bets for euro 2008

I have been backing Portugal small stakes ante post for about a year. I have them at prices from mainly 14's and 12's. I have about £25 e/w on them. Along with Spain, Portugal have the best squad. The only difference between them and Spain is that they actually perform well in the big tournaments. Semi's of the world cup last and astonishally losing out to Greece in the last euro 04. They are certain to be there abouts again with the quality of their midfield and defence.
:welcome

Re: bets for euro 2008 Going for the majority of the first group matches to end in a Draw Switzerland v Czech Republic Draw @ 2 - 1 Portugal v Turkey Draw @ 11 - 5 Austria v Croatia Croatia @ 5 - 6 Germany v Poland Draw @ 13 - 5 Romania v France Draw @ 11 - 5 Holland v Italy Draw @ 2 - 1 Spain v Russia Draw @ 11 - 5 Greece v Sweden Draw @ 2 - 1 Doubles & Trebles from 8

Re: bets for euro 2008 Croatia at 14/1 is a real serious bet for me. Much underrated side and I can see them going a long way in this. I am avoiding the supposed big guns, 'France, Italy, Germany' etc. I just don't see them winning it. Remember, Greece won this last time and I have a feeling it will be a similar unfancied team to do so again. Croatia 14/1 & Switzerland 25/1 interest me in particular.

Re: bets for euro 2008 my money is on italy to beat romania, its paying 1.66, which is good and it's the second game for both sides, so definitely all to play for. Italy aren't my favourite team, however they usually do well. I am staying away from what some people believe to be the bet of the tournament, croatia to beat austria, I just dont see this as a certainty. Croatia, have absoloutely no one to score goals for them, losing eduardo is a big blow, klasnic and olic are barely average and need alot of things to go right in order to score. The other bloke that scored the final goal against england is just coming back to form, and he isnt reliable when fully fit. So, i would stay away from the cro-austria game, can anyone recall when was croatias last win in a tournament, a long time ago! As for who will lift the trophy, I like portugal or germany.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Group A Straight Forecast--- Odds x Stakes = Return 1st = Portugal, 2nd = Turkey 9-1 x 1pt = 10pts 1st = Portugal, 2nd = Czech Republic 4-1 x 1.5pts = 7.5pts 1st = Portugal, 2nd = Switzerland 11-2 x 1.5pts = 9.75pts Group B Straight Forecast 1st = Germany, 2nd = Croatia 13-8 x 2pts = 5.25pts 1st = Germany, 2nd = Poland 9-2 x 1pt = 5.5pts 1st = Croatia, 2nd = Germany 4-1 x 1pt = 5pts Group C Straight Forecast 1st = Italy, 2nd = Holland 11-2 x 1pt = 6.5pts 1st = Holland, 2nd = Italy, 6-1 x 1pt = 7pts Could of had 3 more combinations but went for the results of my facebook predictions. Group D Straight Forecast 1st = Spain, 2nd = Sweden 4-1 x 1.5pts = 7.5pts 1st = Spain, 2nd = Russia 9-2 x 1.5pts = 8.25pts All odds PP

Re: bets for euro 2008 I have taken Austria to get 0-2 points at 11/10 at Coral. I just can't see them getting a win. I think they will definitely get beat by Germany and Croatia and get a draw is the best they can hope for against Poland.

Re: bets for euro 2008 With Coral i have found that you can have doubles, trebles and fourfolds with the number of group points total with the different groups (only one from each group maximum, e.g. you can't combine Germany and Austria). I am wanting to keep away from Group C as i feel it is difficult to predict, and feel that Austria are garbage, while Spain and Portugal should do well in their groups. Portugal should win their group in what is relatively easy, while Spain should qualify (not necessarily win the group IMO). I have come to the conclusion Portugal and Spain should both obtain at least 5 points each and bet on the following. 1. Austria 0-2 points Portugal 5-6 points Spain 5-6 points odds - 20.48/1 2. Austria 0-2 points Portugal 5-6 points Spain 7-9 points odds - 16.21/1 3. Austria 0-2 points Portugal 7-9 points Spain 5-6 points odds - 23.63/1 4. Austria 0-2 points Portugal 7-9 points Spain 7-9 points odds 18.70/1 Overall i think it may be better value than the single on Austria 0-2 points.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Cheeky little accum; Back Austria to finish bottom of group A @ 1.75 Back Portugual to win group B @ 2.3 Lay Netherlands to qualify from group C @ 1.94 Back Russia to qualify from group D @ 2.19 Odds = 18.16

Re: bets for euro 2008 Easily the bet of tourney is germany to reach final at the moment at 2.88. Who is going to stop them out of these teams? Turkey Austria Swizerland Portugal Poland Austria Croatia Portugal the only real worry but they imo are overated anyway. Croatia could do but i doubt it. So iv snaped this up with pretty large stakes.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Ive gone for a group forecast treble: Group A: 1st Portugal, 2nd Czech Rep Group B: 1st Germany, 2nd Croatia Group D: 1st Spain, 2nd Sweden Total odds are 78-1 with Bet365, £3.75 staked To say that group C was too tough to call is putting it mildly, the odds were ridiculous enough without factoring that group in!

Re: bets for euro 2008

Double on Russia to win tourno 28/1 Ronaldo top scorer 7/1
The same Russia that got tonked 3-0 by Romania recently? And by England lest we forget! And not long before that, 4-1 by Holland? I don't think they are that good, they just got very lucky that England had such a muppet in charge. Of their last 4 away competitive games, the only win was a 1-0 in Andorra.