** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Madness vs Maria (GH Edition)

madnesstiger

MADNESS vs MARIA GLORY HUNT EDITION Reference: Maria Laying System Background: The original system, as the name suggests, is for laying horses. The staking system was of 3-tier type, dependant on the odds taken about each horse. The selection process was kept a secret by the author, but the results were outstanding and easily the best profit margin made by any betting strategy I've seen to date. For more details about the strategy and staking system, please see the original thread by Maria herself form the above link. Madness Adjustments: The original thread was spread out over a full calendar year and the risk was minimal with the most risky bets exposing around just 4% of the total bank. As this is a Glory Hunt, I've doubled the exposure so that 8% of the total bank can be at risk from just one bet. Also, I have included a 'backing' option to the system enabling me to select 'winners' at opposite odds to the 'lay' limits in the original strategy. My selections will cover more sports, including football, horse racing and tennis. In Summary: LAYS:

• Odds 2.54 - 3.50 : Lay 2% of total bank
  • Odds 3.55 - 7.40 : Lay 1.2% of total bank
  • Odds 7.50 - 11.0 : Lay 0.8% of total bank
BACK:
  • Odds 1.10 - 1.15 : Back 8.0% of total bank
  • Odds 1.16 - 1.38 : Back 7.7% of total bank
  • Odds 1.39+ - NO BETS PLACED ON THESE SELECTIONS

OTHER INFO:

• % OF BANK RECALCULATED DAILY IF 'NEW HIGH' IS REACHED.
  • % OF BANK RECALCULATED IF BANKROLL IS REDUCED BY 35% OF ORIGINAL BANKROLL.
  • MY OWN RESEARCH WILL BE CARRIED OUT FOR EACH BET - NO 'BLIND BETS' WILL BE PLACED.

Comments: I feel this system will be a little safer than some of my previous efforts mainly due to the fact that there are no recovery bets involved. In the end, if I can pick more winners than the odds suggest, this system should show profit! How long I can keep it going is unknown, and only time will tell :) The selections will commence this weekend! MT :ok *** If anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet used by myself throughout this thread, follow the link below: Madness vs Maria Spreadsheet v1.0

Re: Madness vs Maria (GH Edition) Firstly, looks like I've hit a nerve somewhere along the lines with the link, so my apologies - I wasn't to know (oops!). Thanks for the initial support already guys, and I hope to make it worth your while in popping in to catch the latest updates. In the past, I HAVE read almost all the entries of the 190 pages of the original and made a very good read I thought, especially seeing as I have paid money for books which have been of lower standard! I haven't quite decided how many selections I will be placing at once, but I hope to be able to post most (if not all) daily selections in one post, as per the original thread. And on a similar note, will be updating the stats just once per day, so as not to make it more confusing than it is already! Thanks again guys for the support, hope to get it off to a winning start at some point tomorrow. :ok

Re: Madness vs Maria (GH Edition)

Hi Madness, I deleted the link, but I wish you good luck on this. Maria was banned from PL for various ego reasons.
May I ask if her achievement was ever in question? I often ask advice of her even now in my attempt to make laying horses profitable. And touch wood, she has always seemed amiable.

Jesus christ!! Don't let her know you're using her idea. She'll be after a donation to the charity of her choice next.;)
:rollin
May I ask if her achievement was ever in question? I often ask advice of her even now in my attempt to make laying horses profitable. And touch wood' date=' she has always seemed amiable.[/quote'] Fair question HG, but from what I remember, she got on her high horse and took exception to the fact that a number of guys on here were using Mr Massey's ratings for systems and not donating. There is a little more to it but she made a bit of a nuisance of herself and ended up getting banned.

:rollin Fair question HG, but from what I remember, she got on her high horse and took exception to the fact that a number of guys on here were using Mr Massey's ratings for systems and not donating. There is a little more to it but she made a bit of a nuisance of herself and ended up getting banned.
Oh I see...so the actuality of what she did with her laying thread was never in question by those in the know?! I know that she was roundly accused of being a scamster by some but these all appeared less than 100% kosher themselves so I haven't taken any notice.

Re: Madness vs Maria (GH Edition) despite all the cross words/ill feeling in other threads. I wish you every success :ok, in what will no doubt be another succesful g/h. I started a daily lay system with the maria staking plan, not so long ago. but that has had to take a back seat, due to work commitments. but will definetly be doing a g/h with the maria staking plan, soley (bad spelling, i know) on Euro 2008. Also I think concentrating on tournaments, and having glory hunts just on big/decent tournaments and racing fixtures. anyway sorry for the rambling, just wanted to wish ya luck, and will look forward to following your g/h

Re: Madness vs Maria (GH Edition) Thanks again guys, and good to see a few faces I've not yet met on here before :) Looks like I missed all the fun concerning Miss Maria's antics, but no doubt someone somewhere will fill me in with details at some point! However, no matter what was said about her as a person, I like the idea of the system, and especially if it shows any form of profit! Anyway, enough rambling from myself, about time I got to work on making some selections... back soon! :ok

Re: Madness vs Maria (GH Edition) Madness, best of luck but i think you've missed something. The success of the year of betting by Maria was 99% due to the selection process and only 1% the staking plan. With the selection process producing the strike rate it did there are many other staking plans that would perform the same or even better. The problem is of course you don't know this when you start betting. People seem to think staking plans have some sort of active role in betting. They don't. A staking plan is as passive as it gets. The choice of staking plan depends entirely on the result of the selection process. What is the strike rate, average odds, size of risk you are up for. Until you actually know all those factors any staking plan is as good as any other. First get a consistent bet selection process with a strike rate above the implied average odds, ( i.e. make a profit ) THEN look for the most appropriate staking plan. Having said that, this staking plan IS as good as any other. The point is that it is not going to do anything towards profit as that comes first of all from the bet selections, and it's not neccesarily the optimal plan for YOUR betting. Good luck.

May I ask if her achievement was ever in question? I often ask advice of her even now in my attempt to make laying horses profitable. And touch wood' date=' she has always seemed amiable.[/quote'] I don't believe her achievement was ever in question, just her attitude to certain issues on PL and her own ego, but we won't go there again. ;)