** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup

Saturday 10 May 2008 Home Away
St Helens v Warrington (15:00BST) -14 +14 Details »
Hide « St Helens v Warrington
Sunday 11 May 2008 Home Away
Hull KR v Huddersfield (13:15BST) -6 +6 Details »
Hide « Hull KR v Huddersfield
Barrow Raiders v Wakefield (15:00BST) +30 -30 Details »
Hide « Barrow Raiders v Wakefield
Bradford v Catalans (15:00BST) -12 +12 Details »
Hide « Bradford v Catalans
Dewsbury Rams v Oldham (15:00BST) -12 +12 Details »
Hide « Dewsbury Rams v Oldham
Harlequins v Leeds Rhinos (15:00BST) +12 -12 Details »
Hide « Harlequins v Leeds Rhinos
Widnes v Hull FC (15:00BST) +20 -20 Details »

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup I like Bradford -12, Catalans are punching above their weight and Bradford seem to be coming back into form, played well when I have been to watch them recently. Hull put a weakend side out last time, check team news, widnes +20 could be a good bet. Saints could also do a lot of damamge to warrington in the mood they are in, I would do high winning margins on this one. Also I agree Oldham +12, a banana skin there, may even back them outright to win game for real value.

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup

I like Bradford -12, Catalans are punching above their weight and Bradford seem to be coming back into form, played well when I have been to watch them recently. Hull put a weakend side out last time, check team news, widnes +20 could be a good bet. Saints could also do a lot of damamge to warrington in the mood they are in, I would do high winning margins on this one. Also I agree Oldham +12, a banana skin there, may even back them outright to win game for real value.
:welcome karel Tend to agree about Catalans. There isn't much difference between the bottom end of NL1 and the top of NL2 so Oldham look a good bet to me.

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup :nanaHi there Punto:nana I have been looking for a good punting forum for a while and one with a rugby league section, my two biggest passions. I do get to a hell of a lot of games so I will be hanging around here a lot!

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup Gonna try getting more into the Rugby League now the Footy's finished. One for me this weekend: Hull KR vs. Huddersfield Fancy KR to turn over Huddersfield this weekend. Justin Murphy's men have impressed me this season and come into this game after a narrow-margin win over local rivals Hull FC. Huddersfield on the other hand threw away a 22-6 half-time lead to Warrington last week to register another loss and find themselves languishing in 11th place in the table. Looking at various stats on Super League's website, I think the game will be a close run thing with points at a premium (for one, neither side has particularly got many points on the board in recent weeks, on average scoring 21pts each in their last 4 games respectively). With KR's better recent form, league position and home advantage, I'll take them to advance to the next round on Sunday. Haven't got an account with anybody offering the -4 that's freely available, but have had a point on bet365's 5-way winning margin instead, covering 1-12pts at a decent enough 2/1. 1pt Hull KR to win by 1-12pts vs. Huddersfield @ 2/1 (bet365) GL all... :ok :hope

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup I think Warrington have a good chance of staying within the hcp this weekend against Saints. Saints had their best game of the season so far against a Wigan team that seem to be in all sorts of troubles, and Huddersfield ran Warrington close at the Milleninum stadium last weekend. Saints went to The Halliwell Jones Stadium two weeks ago and came out on top 30-22 in a very good, close hard fought game, and thats what i'm expecting today in the cup, both teams are very good in defence and with the heat we've had the pitch is sure to be hard and fast which suits both teams. Neither team has much to report in the way of injuries, Saints have Fa'asavalu back which will be a boost for Saints against Warrington's big pack. And Grix is back for Warrington. Warrington +16 10/11 @ Paddy Power Going to back Matt King to score at anytime, he's playing well at the moment without scoring many tries, hoping that the change in weather will be a boost and see him cross the line today. Matt King to score anytime 5/2 @ Skybet

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup Not much time today but i fancy Huddersfield to beat Hull KR, i tipped KR last week but think that the Giants attacking play is far better than Hull's was, summer rugby has popped it's head up and the Giants love to get the ball out to the backs. Huddersfield +6 10/11 @ Corals I fancy Bradford to turn things round today and see off Catalan, they were hurt after last weeks defeat to Leeds and will be looking to see off the Dragons and have a good cup run. Bradford -10 10/11 @ William Hills Not too in depth im afraid, sorry.

Re: Rugby League: Carnegie Challenge Cup

Gonna try getting more into the Rugby League now the Footy's finished. One for me this weekend: Hull KR vs. Huddersfield Fancy KR to turn over Huddersfield this weekend. Justin Murphy's men have impressed me this season and come into this game after a narrow-margin win over local rivals Hull FC. Huddersfield on the other hand threw away a 22-6 half-time lead to Warrington last week to register another loss and find themselves languishing in 11th place in the table. Looking at various stats on Super League's website, I think the game will be a close run thing with points at a premium (for one, neither side has particularly got many points on the board in recent weeks, on average scoring 21pts each in their last 4 games respectively). With KR's better recent form, league position and home advantage, I'll take them to advance to the next round on Sunday. Haven't got an account with anybody offering the -4 that's freely available, but have had a point on bet365's 5-way winning margin instead, covering 1-12pts at a decent enough 2/1. 1pt Hull KR to win by 1-12pts vs. Huddersfield @ 2/1 (bet365) GL all... :ok :hope
Hull KR 42-22 Huddersfield. Should have taken the -6 I could have got (unlucky Ronnie). That'll be karma for me getting the KR coach's name wrong :$. Incidentally, does anyone know any decent stats sites for Super League? I've got 4 I use at the moment but I'm having trouble finding anymore. Ones I've got at the minute (the usual suspects probably): engage Super League http://www.slstats.org/ Statistics Sky Sports | Rugby League I've had a look through the past threads ang google but it seems a lot of people use their own so does anybody have any other freely-available recommendations? Cheers :ok