** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April

Re: Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April 2+ goals @ 11/10 with WillHill Barca come to Old Trafford knowing that scoring once may be enough to see them through, if they can keep the game tight in defence and concede at most once themselves. If Barca score the first though and try to shut up shop then it's offering Mancheser United the chance to throw everything at their defence, which is arguably the weakest part of their team. Barcelona are known for their attacking players in Messi, Eto'o, Henry etc, not their defenders. Manchester United are missing Rooney but Tevez, Park and Ronaldo all have the ability to cause nuisance. I can see Manchester United scoring first, Barca equalising so trying to defend but caught out to a 2nd goal, Barca push forward and concede a 3rd and the game is all over.

Re: Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April Man Utd v Barcelona, (agg 0-0), SF, L2, 19:45 The 0-0 stalemate at the Nou Camp can be extremely deceptive: Rijkaard will be delighted his team did not concede the all important away goal. Ferguson on the other hand will be content with his position given a disappointing all round display by his side. United have a perfect home record in this competition, winning 11 on the trot. Barcelona away form has been just as impressive currently undefeated and more importantly in the context of this game have scored in all but one of this seasons Champions League away fixtures.

Fergusons record when united have failed to score in the away leg is poor. They were invariably knocked out by Galatasary (93/94), Dortmund (96/97), Monaco (99/00), Real Madrid (00/01), Bayern Munich (06/07) and AC Milan (06/07). There certainly is a pattern appearing here.

Prior to the first leg at the Nou Camp, I recommended a back of Barcelona to qualify @ 13/8. United will be sure to pay the price of failing to score a away goal, they will not be able to employ the same defensive tactics as the first leg – allowing more space for Messi, Deco, Eto’o et al. This coupled with the injury doubts over Rooney and Vidic in particular and Fergusons poor semi-final record: Barcelona to Qualify @ 5/4 represents tremendous value. http://bettingstar.blogspot.com/

Re: Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April Difficult tie here now Vidic and Rooney are not playing! It will give Barcelona a bit more confidence knowing the defensive lynchpin and the talent of Rooney won't be against them. I am leaning towards a nervy opening half which will see 2 teams scared to venture too far forward in case of being counter attacked and conceding a goal! My certainty for this game is draw at half-time! 10/11 Paddypower. The value bet I'm going to go for mainly because of what is up for grabs here a final place in The Champions League in Moscow: Man Utd to win on penalties 25/1 Paddypower Barcelona to win on penalties 25/1 Paddypower :ok P.S. I hope Man Utd win it as it would be brilliant to have 2 premiership teams contesting the final and the hope that all fans who turn up at Moscow have a party atmosphere and enjoy the occassion and not what most people fear of running battles and shaming the English game! :hope

Re: Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April ManU v Barca A sub to score in 90 mins play PP 11 - 4 Potential bench scorers Barca - Gudjohnsen, Henry, Bojan ManU - Giggs, O'Shea, Fletcher If tactics are cagey, I can see subs being a factor near the end of this match.

Re: Man U v Barcelona 2nd leg (0-0) 29 April

tough tough game to call, could really go either way, I believe more than ever that the first goal will be the key. as its so tight i'm going to take a chance on barca, odds are overpriced imo. I'm also going to LAY Ronaldo to score at anytime, he very rarely shows up in the big matches and i'm hoping that will be the case tonight! Selections 3 pts Barca :@ 3 pts lay Ronaldo to score at anytime
:nana

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsportsbetting viewpost.gif tough tough game to call, could really go either way, I believe more than ever that the first goal will be the key. as its so tight i'm going to take a chance on barca, odds are overpriced imo. I'm also going to LAY Ronaldo to score at anytime, he very rarely shows up in the big matches and i'm hoping that will be the case tonight! Selections 3 pts Barca :@ 3 pts lay Ronaldo to score at anytime
:nana
So you lost on Barca, but won on the lay of the Ronaldo. At best that's breakeven, in practice you've lost money tonight because you'll pay comission on the winning lay. Not a big loss to be sure, but a loss. And that justifies a dancing Banna why ??

So you lost on Barca, but won on the lay of the Ronaldo. At best that's breakeven, in practice you've lost money tonight because you'll pay comission on the winning lay. Not a big loss to be sure, but a loss. And that justifies a dancing Banna why ??
I was wondering the same thing:unsure I dindn't do a bet, I broke even :nana:nana:nana

My bets for tomorrow's game: Manchester United-Barcelona A lot could be said about this game and both teams but I'll keep it short and simple. MU has 11 straight wins in their last 11 homes games in the Champions League and "home boy" Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking at taking his team to win the CL this season in order to finally get the "Best Player of the World" award that he deserves. After missig a penalty in the Barcelona game, he'll be looking at making a positive contribution tomorrow and I see him as very likley to also score. My bets: home win and Cristiano Ronaldo to score anytime. won&lost Good luck! JC
Had a very small profit but still better than having a very small loss :)... JC

well ' date=' u all think i,m crazy but, here is the way things goes: if u can remember the final between brazil vs arg ( south - america cup last year) the whole betting world but 99% on arg. the coach of arg. never move 1 inch from his chair at that game . ( u know why ???) is all about the money. now we have the same thing with man utd vs barca. every body is on man utd.by the end of the game 2 day , the money goes 2 barca. that,s the way it works( hope that i,m wrong)[/quote'] Hi dj purry. What happened was that Argentina had an awsome tournament until the final playing good football and getting good results while Brazil was inconsistent during the tournament and had some horrible games when we consider their reputation. So, when it came to the final everybody and their mother was betting on Argentina as if they knew the score before the game started... I still remember that I couldn't believe the odd I got for Brazil +0.5 AH at 2.10...I'm glad I took it and won that bet... For tonight's game MU had to be favorites as they won their last 11 home games in the CL and Barcelona has great talent but not a team and their away record is far from impressive. I also thought the odd on MU to win was a nice one in terms of value (I got it at 2.02) . :cheers JC

simply hit the wrong key, meant to select the smiley just next to it --->:)

I've gone for a buy on the spreads on the bookings at 49 on the hope that the last 30 mins will be fraught with tension and someone will lose thier head..... & Scholes should guarantee at least one booking with his tackling
Well at H/T this looked well dodgy but the ref eventually found his cards & the M/U was 50, so a profit of one!!!! & Scholes never got booked.....