** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Wednesday 30 April 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Chelsea v Liverpool (19:45BST) 2.383.253.70100%
imo liverpool will win this one both teams played well on tuesday last week but I think liverpoool played More Attacking game than <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 />Chelsea if the Chelsea sit back and defend I can see Liverpool getting at least one goal 1-0 to Liverpool come on lads :clap

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Cant see anything other than a Chelsea win on Wednesday. Riise has put us in a great position by bagging us a crucial away goal and after yesterdays win morale is going to be high in the dressing room going into the game. Our Home record is second to none and under Benitez Liverpool have failed to score at Stamford Bridge in his reign as Manager. Chelsea have struggled to keep a clean sheet at home of late though so that statistic can soon change if Torres is on his game. Im gonna have 3 bets for this game all with Stan James. Chelsea 2.0 £10- 9/1 Chelsea 3.1 £5- 18/1 Michael Essien 1st Goal Scorer £5 12/1

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 IMO Chelsea looked better in the middle in the first leg. Two weak points for Chelsea atm are Fereira and Kalou, if he's to give way to Anelka or Shevchenko I can't see Liverpool going through - a bit more pressure from hosts on the flanks will make 'Pool really struggling. I simply don't rate Arbeloa and Aurelio very high, Skrtel and Carragher will be too busy to compensate, so will be players from the middle. No matter how Liverpool start this game they have to score and this makes hosts' task a bit easier. They have too much quality in attack compared to Liverpool who rely on Torres. Unless Babel makes his top game vs shaky Fereira... My choice will be 2-3 goals, after all it is a Semi and no matter how tempting the HW looks, it covers 1-1 as well. Morale was mentioned above, but I don't think that's a strong point, as Liverpool showed a lot of it in the past 3 years in the CL. Rating Chelsea higher atm is only based on individuals, on the other hand Benitez is certainly higher than Grant atm. 2-3 goals is good to me as it gives a good chance to cover the bet on the in-play, and I do see goals here as Liverpool need to score... Good luck

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 In my opinion there wont be many goals because chelsea will be able to deffend and use the counter-attack. Playing at Stamford Bridge makes it easier for chelsea and more difficult for liverpool player to concentrate. For me the most probable scores are 0-0 , 1-1 or 1-0. This is the third time these teams face each other in semis and I think this is time for chelsea to go into final even though they may lose it in Russia.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Chelsea - Liverpool (29 April 2008) Pick: Chelsea Win @ 2.30 (Bet365) 10/10 I think Chelsea is priced at good odds here. I believe the difference in Premier points between the two teams should not be forgotten. Chelsea is, man for man, a better team. Furthermore, Chelsea's win over Man U. on Saturday has made the Premier title possible and should be an important confidence boost for the Blues. The game should be tight so look for a 1-0 score.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Chelsea - Liverpool (29 April 2008) Pick: Chelsea Win @ 2.30 (Bet365) 10/10 I think Chelsea is priced at good odds here. I believe the difference in Premier points between the two teams should not be forgotten. Chelsea is, man for man, a better team. Furthermore, Chelsea's win over Man U. on Saturday has made the Premier title possible and should be an important confidence boost for the Blues. The game should be tight so look for a 1-0 score.
Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing with you all over the threads, simply looking for a better pick through comments :ok I am also leaning towards Chelsea, for many reasons, please see post above. On the other hand everyone who underestimated Liverpool and Benitez in CL recently must have got ''burnt''. So my choice is above too. If you see a tight game though then a safer bet would be Either Team Not to Score, as it cover 0-0 too?

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing with you all over the threads, simply looking for a better pick through comments :ok I am also leaning towards Chelsea, for many reasons, please see post above. On the other hand everyone who underestimated Liverpool and Benitez in CL recently must have got ''burnt''. So my choice is above too. If you see a tight game though then a safer bet would be Either Team Not to Score, as it cover 0-0 too?
I see your point nicko...there could be goals here since Liverpool need to win or tie at 2-2, 3-3 etc in order to qualify... However, I believe that Benitez will be cautious knowing too well that if his team opens up too much Chelsea has the offensive power to punish Liverpool. I don't think Liverpool nor Chelsea will come out firing. In spite of this, I do like your bet on 2-3 goals in the game and then a play at the live betting. Good strategy. My thoght, however, is that whoever scores will actually make the under a very good bet. My belief is that whichever team scores we will then see that team park the bus in front of the goal and try to keep the result. Again good luck with your bets.:ok

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 NEVER write off Liverpool in Europe. They are drawing with Chelsea and have 90 mins to score. In 2005 they put 3 past AC Milan in 45 when they had to. Chelsea had a hard game against Utd on saturday while all of Liverpools players had their feet up resting. If this is still 0-0 after the hour mark (which I think it will be as this fixture is notoriously tight), you may see Chelsea start to tire leaving Liverpool to nick one. Hope this helps but too tight for me at the minute, will see what the team news is tomorrow. GL all

I see your point nicko...there could be goals here since Liverpool need to win or tie at 2-2' date=' 3-3 etc in order to qualify... However, I believe that Benitez will be cautious knowing too well that if his team opens up too much Chelsea has the offensive power to punish Liverpool. I don't think Liverpool nor Chelsea will come out firing. In spite of this, I do like your bet on 2-3 goals in the game and then a play at the live betting. Good strategy. My thoght, however, is that whoever scores will actually make the under a very good bet. My belief is that whichever team scores we will then see that team park the bus in front of the goal and try to keep the result. Again good luck with your bets.:ok[/quote'] Good luck to you too mate, glad you didn't take both posts as an insult :ok

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Considering Liverpool's history of playing out dramatic games in the Champions League, I don't think anyone can avoid taking at least a small bet on this finishing 1-1 FT and going to penalties. I just think that after the equaliser in the final seconds of the first leg, we were in store for a tie that was going to be full of twists and turns. Liverpool to go through on penalties @ 19.0 Betfair You'd be stupid not to put at least a ten'r on it.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Liverpool Liverpool showed in the first leg that they are more than a match for Chelsea and i see Torres being the man to break their drought at Chelsea and score to take them into the final of the Champions League. Defensively, Liverpool didn't allow Chelsea much room to play their game and i expect Benitez to do the same again. Chelsea still have problems in their defence, and Cech has been the main reason why they have managed to get some good results lately. He will need more support to protect their goals. Liverpool have done well in the CL in the last few years and with that experience, and the form of Torres and Gerrard, look to them to go to Moscow to meet their arch rivals

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 My bet for today: Chelsea-Liverpool Chelsea is is a better position (a 0-0 draw would be enought for them to qualify) and play at home but Liverpool has done very well in the Champions League both lately and in recent years, they are more experienced at this level and seem tailored for this type of competition. Also, this is really the only (BIG) thing they have left this season and I think they that at this price (2.81) it is worth a shot on them to qualify. My pick: Liverpool to qualify for the final; Good luck! JC

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 I like the look of Liverpool tonight. I felt they carried much of the first leg creating several great scoring opportunities, while Chelsea didn't create any despite lucking in with a goal. The pressure is squarly on Chelsea to finally make it to a final and tbh their players don't deal well with pressure. I expect Chelsea to play passive tonight and that will play into the hands of the Reds. Liverpool to Qualify @2.62 Liverpool -1 @8.62 Cover CS 0-0.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Chelsea ht/ft 4.00@ Ladbrokes Chelsea were superb on Saturday and won deservedly against Man Utd, I believe this was due to there energetic start trying to get an early goal. my hope is they will take the same attitude into this match, if they sit they will be leaving themselves open for Liverpool to produce a goal themselves. If Chelsea go up early I think they could canter a to a 2-0/3-0 victory.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 Hi guys, been following your posts for a while and thought i'd chip in. Fancy Chelsea tonight, they looked good against Man U and are extremely solid at home. Liverpool have to find a goal and this should open up space for the blues to get forward. Ballack has been very impressive over the last month and Lampard might also figure. I think that at home Chelsea are confident enough and good enough to get the result they need. Its a massive game but with a Champions League final spot up for grabs its time for some of the Chelsea boys to show their worth and step up. Pick - Chelsea Win - 2.22 GL Everyone www.the-wise-guys.com

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 No matter how I see this game it doesn't make me certain, so I will stick to my original choice - 2-3 goals in the game. Still leaning towards Chelsea a bit but as someone said above writting Liverpool off is far too risky. Somehow the Dutch play offs look easier to me ( if anything is easy at all) Good luck everyone

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool, (agg 1-1)UEFA Champions League Wednesday, 30 April 2008 First match finished 1:1! OK, I consider, that today will see over 1,5 goals! Bet365 offers us very good price about this market - 1,51! So, let's do it! GL!!! WON!!! :cow:cow:cow

My bet for today: Chelsea-Liverpool Chelsea is is a better position (a 0-0 draw would be enought for them to qualify) and play at home but Liverpool has done very well in the Champions League both lately and in recent years, they are more experienced at this level and seem tailored for this type of competition. Also, this is really the only (BIG) thing they have left this season and I think they that at this price (2.81) it is worth a shot on them to qualify. My pick: Liverpool to qualify for the final; Lost Good luck! JC
Liverpool could and should have taken it... :cheers JC