** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12

Friday 25 April 2008 Home Away
Warrington v St Helens (19:30BST) +6 -6 Details »
Hide « Warrington v St Helens
Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos (20:00BST) +8 -8 Details »
Hide « Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos
Saturday 26 April 2008 Home Away
Wakefield v Harlequins (18:00BST) -4 +4 Details »
Hide « Wakefield v Harlequins
Catalans Dragons v Castleford Tigers (19:30BST) -14 +14 Details »
Hide « Catalans Dragons v Castleford Tigers
Sunday 27 April 2008 Home Away
Bradford v Wigan Warriors (15:15BST) -6 +6 Details »
Hide « Bradford v Wigan Warriors
Hull FC v Huddersfield (15:15BST) -6 +6 Details »
Super league is back this weekend, some low hcp's (apart from the Catalans/Castleford match). Going to wait for some team news before making any decisions though.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Hull KR vs Leeds is an interesting one. Hull KR beat Leeds last season at home so could run them close. I wasn't impressed at all with Catalans, infact Featherstone were very unlucky not to win last week after some of the evidence I've seen over the past week.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Leeds always seem to struggle when they go to Hull, and may struggle more than usual with having a few teenagers coming in for injured players, Hull KR have a very good home record, beating Saints and Bradford, their only defeat was to Warrington and that was only by a point. I can see Hull KR being very hard to break down as they seem to up their workrate when playing the big teams at home, so i'll be taking them +8. Hull KR +8 10/11 @ Skybet.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 The Saints/Warrington game looks it could be a cracker, two very attacking teams that are getting players back from injuries, so that both teams are almost at full strength. Not going to make a call on the hcp as i think this game could go either way, instead i'm going for a 40/20 to be kicked, both teams have very good kickers in Long and Briers, i belive that the game tonight is going to be very physical in the forwards and the 40/20 will be a massive shortcut down the field for both teams. A 40/20 to be kicked 3/1 @ Skybet. Also fancy Ben Westwood to cross the whitewash, he's scored 3 so far and has had a bit of rest due to suspension so will be rearing to get at the Saints. He's always a threat near the line and his support play could see him over tonight. Ben Westwood anytime scorer 4/1 @ Skybet.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Just the one for me tonight. 10pts Saints -4 to beat Warrington Evs Bet365 St Helens come into this match pretty much at full strength and that could spell problems for the Wolves. Warrington will have in the back of their mind their awful record against Saints and seeing Cunningham, Cayless and Sculthorpe coming at them won't help much. Sean Long and Leon Pryce are reunited in the halves and they'll look to cause havoc. Warrington are close to full strength themselves and just as the Wolves won't relish having Saints forwards coming at them, Saints won't enjoy having Morley, Westwood and Rauhihi coming at them. Lee Briers returns for Warrington which will help them and it looks all set up for a classic. Saints haven't been too good on the road this season but they do tend to turn it on a bit when the cameras are on them. Consistency isn't a word which goes with Warrington either though and I'm never one to write Saints off and with their record at the Halliwell Jones, I'm taking St Helens to come away with a fair sized win.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Good calls Ronnie and Kev, I missed them though unfortunately and only tuned in for the last 20 mins. Spotted a cracker on betfair though in live. 90 seconds to go and saints had the ball on the first or second tackle, the score obviously was 22-30. Looked on the St Helens -6.5pts market and they were 1.25! I took some of that ;)

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Cheers mate. Going with both matches for Saturday. I could have the Quins game all wrong but I don't see why we're getting 6pts. We're actually playing some decent rugby and hopefully as I'm aiming to get to Belle Vue tomorrow night we'll play some tomorrow :hope. 10pts Harlequins +6 to beat Wakefield 10/11 Totesport This looks a biggish handicap on what looks on paper a very even match. Quins are playing some decent rugby this season and it's only the big 3 of Leeds, Saints and Wigan who've done a job on us. The rest of the losses have been narrow ones. We've also played some decent stuff on the road this season too having won at Hull, Castleford and Warrington already this season. We've got Scott Hill coming back for this match too which could be key as he's a defence opener. Wakefield have been impressive recently too particularly when you take into account the injuries they've had. Damien Blanche could make his debut for Wakey on the wing in this match at long last which should boost them a bit. This match looks a close one to call though and whoever wins it I don't think it'll be by much so for that reason I'll go with the start Quins receive here. 10pts Catalans -14 to beat Castleford 10/11 Bet365 Catalans have been impressive in Super League recently. Very impressive in fact and they have a chance here to go 2nd in the table. It remains to be seen how the French side have taken the news that their coach is off to pastures new at the end of the season but hopefully it will spur them on to make the top 6 for him. In Thomas Bosc and Adam Mogg the French side have two quality players and Casey Maguire is another in the halves with quality. Castleford are a poor side really, especially on the road. That was perfectly evident last week when from a great position against Quins they just blew up! They're without Huby and Wainwright for this match too. Cats won at Cas earlier in the season and with them being a pretty strong outfit at home I take them to win this easily.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 12 Ganson cost Quins the match but luckily not my bet although Catalans didn't appear to ever look like covering that handicap so just a small loss on the day. Probably going to leave tomorrow's matches alone and just wait til next weekend which should be superb.