** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rating Lays

Re: Rating Lays Hi, Just wanted to say that after lurking around (after finding this forum and thread by total mistake) for a few weeks, that i've found your posts very interesting and have been following your RR especially. I actually took the step of registering today to offer these few crumbs of encouragement and say that there are probably a bunch of people like me who read your posts without actually stating it. Keep up the great work. I've also noticed Tulenos's point about rising prices also, although i also have no records to show Cheers Smoothboo

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rating Lays

Hi, Just wanted to say that after lurking around (after finding this forum and thread by total mistake) for a few weeks, that i've found your posts very interesting and have been following your RR especially. I actually took the step of registering today to offer these few crumbs of encouragement and say that there are probably a bunch of people like me who read your posts without actually stating it. Keep up the great work. I've also noticed Tulenos's point about rising prices also, although i also have no records to show Cheers Smoothboo
Thank you for the kind comments Smoothboo and welcome aboard the forum. It's a good place with lots of people offering sound approaches. I won't be at Wembley tomorrow but I'll be screaming at a TV set somewhere willing Leeds up a division. :ok Family day out today so I'll be placing bets on the fly (you gotta love laptops and mobile broadband) and won't be monitoring prices I'm afraid. Rooster

Re: Rating Lays I'm not a huge fan of staking plans but for the R.R selections I'm going to run a 100 unit bank and lay each selection for 10% of that bank. When the bank grows by 10% or more that becomes the new 100 units. This is very high risk for me but the I'm willing to risk 100 quid to see what happens. Worst losing run to date is 3 which would have wiped 45% off the bank but since posting started a 100 unit bank would now stand at 1,344.53 after commission etc in the space of a month so what the hell it's only a ton :loon Famous last words. I would appreciate any thoughts on other staking plans that people use for laying horses. Come on I know you're out there! Rooster

Re: Rating Lays Results for Saturday 24 May 2008 The 630 Cartmel is a good example of what I said earlier about 2 non-runners in a race. 6 runners down to 4 and the horse wins. Worth noting if you do follow these. 255 BEVERLEY 2/1*Utmost Respect, L 9/4F:) 315 CATTERICK 5/2*Phluke L 5/2F:) 350 CATTERICK 3/1*Expensive Art L 10/3:) 425 BEVERLEY 3/1*Mr Crystal 2ND 13/8F:) 545 NEWMARKET 3/1*Irish Quest, L 2/1F:) 630 CARTMEL 6/4*Orpen Wide, W 3/1:cry Rooster Recommends 425 BEVERLEY 3/1 Mr Crystal 2ND 13/8F:) 630 CARTMEL 6/4 Orpen Wide, W 3/1:cry

Re: Rating Lays Hi All My first post but I registered just to say thanks to Rooster. I've been watching your thread & thrown the odd lay on now & then but not really followed things fully. But it does look good. Thanks for the posts Rooster

Hi All My first post but I registered just to say thanks to Rooster. I've been watching your thread & thrown the odd lay on now & then but not really followed things fully. But it does look good. Thanks for the posts Rooster
Thanks for that mate. I hope you enjoy the forum. There's lots of good stuff here :ok Rooster

well Wembley was a disaster!! :wall looking forward to winning some money to improve my mood!! might have to wait until tomorrow though!:gimme
It didn't make pleasant TV viewing either. Another year of slumming it then but given the deduction we did very bloody well to get where we got.

Re: Rating Lays Results for Monday 26 May 2008 215 CARLISLE 9/4*Effort W 2/1F:cry 315 REDCAR 7/2*St Jean Cap Ferrat 2ND 7/1:) 420 LEICESTER 5/2*Crewezando 2ND 4/1 :) I have noticed a pattern with some of these and think there may be a section of these worth backing to win. The selections aren't very regular but the returns could be good. I'll start posting them tomorrow. Rooster

Re: Rating Lays Wednesday 28 May 2008 OK a couple of these fall into the category that suggest backing them might be the way to go so I'll start a new thread called Rating Backs. I'll keep posting up all the lays as I have done but do be aware that I ONLY do the R.R lays and for now I'm doing a small bank on the back selections too. 210 YARMOUTH 11/4*Secret Society (LAY) 230 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Lord Of The Reins (LAY) 240 YARMOUTH 7/4*Missy Que (LAY) 325 CARTMEL 7/4*Commanche Topgun (LAY) 455 YARMOUTH 5/2*Lough Beg (LAY) 805 BEVERLEY 4/5*Corrybrough, (LAY) 820 SOUTHWELL 3/1*Boss Imperia (LAY) Rooster Recommends 230 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4 Lord Of The Reins (LAY) 325 CARTMEL 7/4 Commanche Topgun (LAY) 805 BEVERLEY 4/5 Corrybrough, (LAY)

Re: Rating Lays Results for Wednesday 28 May 2008 210 YARMOUTH 11/4*Secret Society (LAY) L 8/11F 230 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Lord Of The Reins (LAY) 3RD 7/2F 240 YARMOUTH 7/4*Missy Que (LAY) W 11/4 325 CARTMEL 7/4*Commanche Topgun (LAY) 3RD 6/4F 455 YARMOUTH 5/2*Lough Beg (LAY) L 5/2 805 BEVERLEY 4/5*Corrybrough, (LAY) W 1/2F 820 SOUTHWELL 3/1*Boss Imperia (LAY) 2ND 5/2JF Rooster Recommends 230 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4 Lord Of The Reins (LAY) 3RD 7/2F :) 325 CARTMEL 7/4 Commanche Topgun (LAY) 3RD 6/4F :) 805 BEVERLEY 4/5 Corrybrough, (LAY) W 1/2F :cry

Re: Rating Lays Thursday 29 May 2008 A couple of these also appear on the Ratings Back thread. The RR ones might be a bit brave for some - tiny fields and odds on :) 250 AYR 4/6*Peninsular War (LAY) 300 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Befortyfour (LAY) 310 YARMOUTH 7/2*Maj William Martin (LAY) 330 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Tamagin (LAY) 420 AYR 4/11*Alleviate (LAY) 655 WETHERBY 11/8*Chevy To The Levy (LAY) 735 NEWCASTLE 8/11*Crystal Capella (LAY) 820 SANDOWN 100/30*Virtual (LAY) 910 NEWCASTLE 7/4*Ninefineirishmen (LAY) Rooster Recommends 250 AYR 4/6 Peninsular War (LAY) 420 AYR 4/11 Alleviate (LAY) 910 NEWCASTLE 7/4 Ninefineirishmen (LAY)

Re: Rating Lays Additional selection Thursday 29 May 2008 I missed this one out last night when I was doing the ratings. Sorry if it turns out to be a success and you miss it. Phew, if it wins and you miss it :) 450 AYR 4/6*Fabreze (LAY) Rooster Recommends 450 AYR 4/6*Fabreze (LAY)

Re: Rating Lays Results for Thursday 29 May 2008 That was a satisfying day for the RR lays :ok 250 AYR 4/6*Peninsular War (LAY) L 1/4F 300 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Befortyfour (LAY) W 7/4F 310 YARMOUTH 7/2*Maj William Martin (LAY) L 9/2 330 GREAT LEIGHS 9/4*Tamagin (LAY) 2ND 2/1F 420 AYR 4/11*Alleviate (LAY) W 1/3F 450 AYR 4/6*Fabreze (LAY) L 8/11F 655 WETHERBY 11/8*Chevy To The Levy (LAY) W 11/10F 735 NEWCASTLE 8/11*Crystal Capella (LAY) W 4/7F 820 SANDOWN 100/30*Virtual (LAY) L 2/1JF 910 NEWCASTLE 7/4*Ninefineirishmen (LAY) 3RD 7/4 Rooster Recommends 250 AYR 4/6 Peninsular War (LAY) L 1/4F :loon 420 AYR 4/11 Alleviate (LAY) W 1/3F :cry 450 AYR 4/6 Fabreze (LAY) L 8/11F :) 910 NEWCASTLE 7/4 Ninefineirishmen (LAY) 3RD 7/4 :)

Re: Rating Lays Friday 30 May 2008 245 YORK 15/8*Viva Ronaldo (LAY) 455 BRIGHTON 2/1*Silver Blue (LAY) 720 MUSSELBURGH 11/8*Always A Rock (LAY) 820 MUSSELBURGH 11/8*Danzatrice (LAY) Rooster Recommends 720 MUSSELBURGH 11/8*Always A Rock

Chickened out on laying Ninefineirishmen :$ Must remember the Golden Rule of Systems. Always follow their selections to make the system work for you! :spank Well done rooster :clap
Thanks mate :ok I think it's OK to pick and choose from these as they are based on my ratings and not a system as such. Doing all the RR lays from when I first started the thread has given 28.7 points profit after 5% commish and giving 10% on SP. That's level stakes profit. My commish is 3.5% so I'm well happy with that month's work :lol Rooster