Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge

GaF

Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge  

1. 1.

• No, I have now received the Password
    • No
    • No, added to August list
    • No, added to September list
    • No, added to October list
    • Yes, please add me for November - I have posted my alias

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge

In the situation we were in with 3 in the last four obviously the best strategy would have been first into the pot to shove to whittle the Blonde guy down as most of the time he isn't going to have a hand and the Ple'rs can fold. But I guarantee if either Pler had a big hand that Pler would have called.
I disagree with that analysis - especially where the blond guy is the short stack..... I think the optimal strategy is: If Blondie is out of the hand, then the shortest of the 3 PLrs should be allowed to win the blinds and antes - this significantly reduces the time pressure on all 3 players. If Blondie is still in (and, for arguments sake, last to act), then you should play your cards, based on position to keep the pressure on him (with SB probably open raising blondie all in if everyone else folds). No PL raise should be bigger than Blondies stack as if 2 PLrs remain in against him, then it should be checked down.....

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Yeah no hard feelings mate. When I was on the button I was min raisning Gaf so I cd fold to a rearaise and I felt that anfuk wd shove on Gaf otherwise. Obviously Gaf wasnt to know this and thought I was on the attack, but what can u do.

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge I was happy to see you raising my blind for the very reason you say, but had no thoughts of coming over the top. I was looking to tread water from Ubers blind - he was big, I was short and I was hoping he'd look at it from the team perspective and just keep me alive till blondie was gone ;) I really wasnt looking to accumulate - my sole goal was to outlast blondie (it was an easy choice - I was a long way behind uber)

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge I think it shows how straight the players here are. Some of these above posts show that players were instigating team tactics...but the lack of any collusion meant that the other players were not aware of what was being attempted. The eventual winner last night was extremely lucky to stay in the game...he went through a stage where every hand he played hit. OK...it's unfortunate that a 9 pt win dropped to a 3 point win during the final stages...but at least we stemmed the tide and with three games left we can still claw back the defecit...it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge It's interesting reading the blonde thread - I think they're as confused as we are about whats allowed, whats not allowed, whats ethical and whats not, what's borderline and whats over the line....... At the risk of sounding like slapdash, it's a big problem for this kind of single MTT team event - fundamentally it's a team event ..... but the rules probably/maybe require you to try and pretend it's an individual event, which the individual prize money re-enforces.......

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge I read the forum too Gaf and it was interesting to read that someone said it's best to let the puntersloungers take each other on early doors. I've only played in one other event (other than last nights) so don't know what has really gone on before. On last nights evidence I thought the standard being played was jsut about even with some crazy plays coming from each forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Registration open for this months $1500 Added challenge game Registration is now open for this month's game. The tournament can be found under the private tag. It gets underway at 730pm on the 25th. If you have not yet played in this series, you need to know the winning team after December's game win a $5000 Freeroll just for their team. Those who have not deposited, can get a $100 Instant Bonus* and entry to a $500 New Depositors Freeroll on the 30th. Those who are regulars can get a 200% deposit bonus is they reload with code 'OCT1000' Although the Blonde team have a decent lead, with 3 events still to run, it is still very catchable for the PL team. Good luck to you all. Col * The $100 Instant Deposit bonus is for 1st time depositors only using code NOW100. The bonus shall be 50% of the 1st deposit to a maximum of $100. Withdrawal restrictions apply until 20 Player Points are generated for each $1 of bonus that is received.

Re: Registration open for this months $1500 Added challenge game Hmm... not sure if I want to play it. I have bad experience with this one, I always get knocked out by a fellow Punter in this one :( Anyone wanna stake me? Maybe then you'll let me live :tongue2

Anyone wishing to play in this may be able to get staked here: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f89/staking-offer-pl-v-blonde-25th-october-74698/#post1210775 :ok
Nice one Gaz :ok Come on PL'rs Lets be having you :loon No excuses at all - loads of added money, can be a freeroll if you like - what reason could anyone possibly have for not taking part? We crushed Blonde 11-4 last time it was a Weekend - they're just a bunch of piss heads really :tongue2 We can do it again :ok

There is a good chance I may be about tomorrow night to play. :hope Password please. My alias is Galronix1 on PT.
Sorry, missed you off my list somehow - PM'd. :ok (I have your alias down as PL_Galronix by the way.) Edit: I see what happened, you've not voted, and someone else sent you the password last month, so you weren't on my PM list. Phew, I thought I'd made a mistake. :loon:lol Also PM'd to Mr Intensity from the thread in GC. :ok I have reopened the poll so anyone who hasn't voted can do so in the November option and you shouldn't get missed for the remaining legs. :ok

my username kristik passwords please
no see passwords???
:welcome to PL kristik. You are welcome to join the PL team for this tournament and we hope you will stay around and contribute to the forum in future. I have sent the password to your Private Messages. Just a word of warning. 4 posts requesting a password on the day you join the forum would have normally got you a ban if it were any other tournament.

Sorry, missed you off my list somehow - PM'd. :ok (I have your alias down as PL_Galronix by the way.) Edit: I see what happened, you've not voted, and someone else sent you the password last month, so you weren't on my PM list. Phew, I thought I'd made a mistake. :loon:lol Also PM'd to Mr Intensity from the thread in GC. :ok I have reopened the poll so anyone who hasn't voted can do so in the November option and you shouldn't get missed for the remaining legs. :ok
:$:$ You are correct AG....Galronix1 is my username. Nick is PL_Galronix