** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge

GaF

Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge  

1. 1.

• No, I have now received the Password
    • No
    • No, added to August list
    • No, added to September list
    • No, added to October list
    • Yes, please add me for November - I have posted my alias

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Well played Gaz, couldn't have you stealing my blinds but I did have the cards to raise with. When there was A-3-4-5 on board I had the 2, hit the straight on the river and thought I was in front, other cnut had 6-2 and hit the straight 2 to 6. :wall I lost about 25k in chips in that hand. Enjoyed that, knocked 4 out in a row at one point and was tourny chip leader for a long time. I had noticed what people had said about Blonde's aggressive play, gave them some of their own medicine and it must have worked cos I just cashed in 3rd :loon. Can't wait for the next one. :ok

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge

Well played Gaz, couldn't have you stealing my blinds but I did have the cards to raise with.
thanks m8..... thing is.... if I had crap cards on my sb then I was folding to you..... but if i had decent cards I was raisin..... i wasn't stealing!! There was a few times 2nte when I thought WTF..... PLers going agfainst each other all the time.... it is really stupid.... it's a team challenge, we should be trying to get the other team out first before taking each other out! :wall We really need to learn how to play these games properly..... you could tell that the blonde members were trying to stay outa each others way!! Anyways, enough moaning.... shame I couldn't take it down but still happy with 2nd! thanks to everyone who railed.... it really does help! Now come on, lets get them next time!!!

We really need to learn how to play these games properly..... you could tell that the blonde members were trying to stay outa each others way!!
That was the one thing that came through loud and clear. Whilst we were justifiably raising and defending with good hands, you sensed that the blonde members had some central code of limiting the damage when more than 1 member was involved in a hand. I rarely saw them attempt to even raise one of their fellow members BB (and it was almost never defended on the few occasions that I saw), yet would change tack when PL were in the blinds. I know you mentioned "team tactics" earlier on Helen, but it might be an idea to get a few of the PL tourney brains together to come up with a few guidelines before the next one, if the primary purpose is to win the challenge. Well done to all who cashed tonight.

thanks m8..... thing is.... if I had crap cards on my sb then I was folding to you..... but if i had decent cards I was raisin..... i wasn't stealing!! There was a few times 2nte when I thought WTF..... PLers going agfainst each other all the time.... it is really stupid.... it's a team challenge, we should be trying to get the other team out first before taking each other out! :wall We really need to learn how to play these games properly..... you could tell that the blonde members were trying to stay outa each others way!! Anyways, enough moaning.... shame I couldn't take it down but still happy with 2nd! thanks to everyone who railed.... it really does help! Now come on, lets get them next time!!!
Only joking about the blind stealing mate, it seemed like every time you raised me and I was BB I had decent cards, I kept getting AK, AQ, KJ etc or pocket pairs and couldn't just fold them. I did try take the other guy out with the straight but wasn't to be. I don't know many of the PL players usernames on there but I knocked a few blondes out as far as I know. How does the actual challenge work then? I thought you got team points for top 5 and for winner? I certainly wasn't trying to knock any PL player out on purpose despite raises etc, apologies Gaz if that's how it seemed. :ok

I certainly wasn't trying to knock any PL player out on purpose despite raises etc, apologies Gaz if that's how it seemed. :ok
It didn't seem like you were trying to take the PLers out.... just me!! :lol Only kidding.... my timing must hav just been a bit off if you kept getting good hands when I was raisin! :( Anyways, we done well to get 7 points between us.... in fact we started dominating the game 4 handed.... just unfortunate that the winner had the high straight against ya! :sad

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Well done Gaz and Mowgli - saved some pride for us tonight!! :clap :clap :clap Interesting points about the team v individual nature of this event - I'm actually not a fan of this kind of MTT team event because there's way too much ambiguity about what is "legally" acceptable, let alone what is ethically acceptable.... I certainly have no arguments with PL'rs playing hard against PL'rs - the individual prizes are too great to sacrifice hundreds of dollars in ev for potentially extra team points. Equally I find it hard to argue too hard against a certain amount of team playing - after all it is a team event isnt it? (and yes I do think Blonde are playing better as a team - and that's probably the main difference between the sides - but I wouldnt be too critical of them for doing that.....) Maybe next month we could get "block exchanges" of equity in PL'rs (again - dont know where that falls ethically :unsure Under normal circumstances, it would be outragous - not trying to suggest anything underhand - this is in the public domain and I'm sure will be read by Blonde members) - if we had 40 players and each had 2.5% equity in all PL'rs, then it brings the team and individual goals into parity. Or maybe a different format could be found that has less divergent goals ;)

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Thanks to everyone who took part tonight. Fantastic turnout yet again. :notworthy And well done to our 4 in the money, Warbirds, Fonzie, mowgli and GeordieGaz. :clap I've reopened the poll again with a new option to tick if anyone else wants to join us next month. Please post your Trillion alias when voting. And a reminder to the following to post your alias too if you wish to be included when next month's password is sent. :ok

balo********
Beekeeper********
BillHicks********
codi********
dpPL********
hombre1********
IrishAcesPoker********
kappamania********
legendkiller********
Lillacarin********
Sm0k3rZ********
theboybroon********
TopGun********
WASP********

It didn't seem like you were trying to take the PLers out.... just me!! :lol Only kidding.... my timing must hav just been a bit off if you kept getting good hands when I was raisin! :( Anyways, we done well to get 7 points between us.... in fact we started dominating the game 4 handed.... just unfortunate that the winner had the high straight against ya! :sad
It was unfortunate that each time you raised me I had decent cards. I kept showing plenty of hands so you knew I wasn't just bluffing aggressively. Was the guy I took out in 4th from Blonde? I think he was. I was trying to get action against the other guy that won it but it wasn't happening. The one in 4th was chip leader for ages then his chips just whittled away from around 50k to about 15k. I also thought if Gaz took me out or vice versa we'd have a better stack to go heads up with the other fella as we couldn't seem top get rid of him between us. Lets hope we can get more to the final table next month. :ok

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Missed this last night due to Hills taking up to 5 days for a moneybookers transfer that pokerstars does in ten seconds. :wall I'll make sure I register early for the rest. :eyes We've really got to start kicking ass here.

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Hi Congrats to Gaz and Mowgli for their good showing Had a discussion with Myrie16 this morning about the hand that knocked him out yesterday in 13th. I made a truly awful call with should have seen me loose nearly all my chips but which resulted in Andrew being eliminated. :$ Our discussion was not only about this particularly bad play from my side... but also about the debate between team and personal tactics. I did not notice at least until the FT a specific willingness from the Blondes to protect each other, and I believe that playing only vs the opposite team hurts our chances to actually get people as far as possible. Might be wrong on this count but I would guess we should all play to our max. I agree with GaF that the format of the competition makes it hard to define the best strategy and the right balance between the team's interest and the player's interest. Maybe a more appropriate format would be to have two equally sized teams playing for points only, with a later split of the prize money? Anyway, after playing too often recently and after the bad moves ( :spank ) from yesterday I feel it is more than enough time for me to take a break from the game as I feel bored, tired and frustrated :( Probably will be only a few days though with withdrawal kicking soon :lol Fred

Hi Congrats to Gaz and Mowgli for their good showing Had a discussion with Myrie16 this morning about the hand that knocked him out yesterday in 13th. I made a truly awful call with should have seen me loose nearly all my chips but which resulted in Andrew being eliminated. :$ Our discussion was not only about this particularly bad play from my side... but also about the debate between team and personal tactics. I did not notice at least until the FT a specific willingness from the Blondes to protect each other, and I believe that playing only vs the opposite team hurts our chances to actually get people as far as possible. Might be wrong on this count but I would guess we should all play to our max. I agree with GaF that the format of the competition makes it hard to define the best strategy and the right balance between the team's interest and the player's interest. Maybe a more appropriate format would be to have two equally sized teams playing for points only, with a later split of the prize money?
BTW - we do manage to fit in some work outside of poker discussions :lol Just wanted to say I agree with Fred's comments it was a truly awful call :rollin ..... oh and the rest of it too :ok Whilst there is a slant towards individual achievement in these tourneys, playing a "team" game will always be difficult. I know how I personally approach it .... but we are all different and not sure trying to influence an individual's style of play in these games is morally right ...... I feel a bit rotten that we are getting a pasting from Blonde so far so here's some dancing bananas to lighten the mood :nana:nana:nana

• 2 weeks later...

I've reopened the poll again with a new option to tick if anyone else wants to join us next month. Please post your Trillion alias when voting. And a reminder to the following to post your alias too if you wish to be included when next month's password is sent. :ok
balo********
Beekeeper********
BillHicks********
codi********
dpPL********
hombre1********
IrishAcesPoker********
kappamania********
legendkiller********
Lillacarin********
Sm0k3rZ********
theboybroon********
TopGun********
WASP********
Yes, please add me for September harke, idontfeardeath, starshine
Registration for the next leg (Sept 25th) opens on Thursday so I will be sending out the password then to all voters, as long as I have your Poker Trillion alias. Idontfeardeath and starshine, I have yours thanks :ok Harke, you need to post yours please, and all those in the yellow table above still need to. Time for someone to start the thread in Strategy on how to win this one 15-0. :ok

Re: Blonde/Punters Lounge Poker Trillion Forum Challenge Password has been PM'd to everyone on this list who is eligible. If you've not received it you need to post your Poker Trillion alias here please. Poll reopened for any new names for next month. Good luck everyone on Thursday and here's to a PL 1-2-3-4-5. :hope