** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U)

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Not sure about shy, it's a very difficult betting proprosition. I couldn't begin to pick a winner here. The only thing that looks value to me is 2.34 on teh over 2.5 goals. I'm leaving this alone and kicking back and hoping to be entertained

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) after yesterday´s joyful header from riise many people left speechless it even rhymes :) well tonite i´m definitely on over 2,5 goals...hopefully we will see more interesting match none of two baricades as yesterday...many offensive power in both teams i think 3 goals is a must (at minimum) for the line ups: barcelona: valdez,zambrotta,marquez,milito,abidal,toure,xavi,iniesta,messi,henry/deco,etoo man_utd: van der saar,brown,ferdinad,vidic,evra,ronaldo,carrick,hargreaves,scholes,giggs/nani,rooney with tevez on the bench 100%-ly joining the match later on so electryfying atmosphere at camp nou super skills of ronaldo and messi this will be one wonderfull match i think... good luck!!!

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) My bet for today: Barcelona-M. United Barcelona has great players and they can surely beat any team in the world but we all know they haven't been playing like a team all season long and it's obvious there's several "groups" inside the locker-room and the team lacks leadership. MU is having a great season but they know that in order to really achieve top glory they have to win the Champions League and I think they have what it takes to get the job done this season. Also, for Cristiano Ronaldo to finally be considered the best player of the World he knows that he needs to win something big with his team. My pick: away PK (2.17 is good value for me); Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Barcelona - Man Utd over 2.5 This should be an open game as both teams are attack minded. Barcelona haven't been in the best of form lately but i think they have been saving themselves for this game and they know that they have to score to take a lead going into the second leg in Manchester. As for United, they will look to kill off the tie like they did to Roma as they have a big game with Chelsea on the weekend. They have been in very good form lately and will take Barca on at their own game.

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Barca far too big a price, they haven't been at their fluent best in La Liga at Camp Nou, however in Europe they've still been very solid, scoring plenty of goals and safe at the back. Man U won in 99' against Bayern Munich at this venue but haven't a great record against Spanish sides in there own back yard. Home Win.

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Barcelona v Man Utd Manchester United are chasing a European and domestic double which would emulate (in part) the club’s achievements in 1999, when they landed a historic treble. Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs are survivors from that memorable night at the Nou Camp when United scored twice in injury time to defeat Bayern Munich. Wes Brown watched from the bench, while Paul Scholes was suspended, giving him a huge motivation at the age of 33 to appear in a Champions League final. Inevitably Cristiano Ronaldo will grab most of the pre-match headlines, having already scored over 30 goals this season, and on course for World Player of the Year. If Lionel Messi recovers fitness in time, the two best players in the world should share the limelight. Barcelona may be struggling in La Liga, but they have looked confident in the Champions League, looking to emulate their success in 2006. Ronaldinho won’t be playing, ruled out for the season, but there will be enough talent on show to make this an exquisite encounter, though captain Carles Puyol is suspended for the first leg.

Barca last 6 Home: WLWDWD
Utd last 6 Away: WWWWDD
Draw 1-1. Utd will be happy with the away goal to take back to Old Trafford. 3.10 Skybet for the Draw

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Barca and MUTD have met seven times in a European club competition. Both clubs have won twice and three matches were drawn. The goal difference is 15-13 in favour of Barca. Henry has recovered from illness, and on the other side we have Nemanja doubtful after a stomach complaint late on Tuesday. I see Barca winning this one but I also see Manchester scoring. Barca to win. Total to go Over. Both teams to score. 2-1.

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) Ive backed Barca at 2.66, I just feel these odds are too big for a team of their quality at the Nou Camp, despite their indifferent form this season. With La Liga now gone for them as they trail Real Madrid by 11 points, this is their last chance of silverware. Man Utd are rightly favourites to qualify and come into this game the form team but with Messi returning for Barcelona and the firepower they have I think they can give themselves a lead going to Old Trafford. 2-1 Barca. So home win, at small stakes.

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) This one is very hard to call. I'm not sure about the over 2.5 that a lot of people seem to be confident about for a couple of reasons: True Barca have got a great attacking force but Man U have an excellent defence and Barca have a weak defence (Puyol suspended tonight although not sure if thats a bad thing for Barca), but Sir Ferg has always been cautious in away fixtures in Europe. Would not be surprised if he played Rooney up front on his own, which will lead to inevitable frustration from Rooney. I can see this one being a draw. Would like to think the Barca players will put in a good performance though, they definitely owe the fans a big one.

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) I picked draw yesterday and I did it today again. Guys those matches are great clashes and it's not simple to end in a win for any team. Every fan wants suspence from the first to the 90th minute of the game and thats what they offer us by drawing. This is a cliche so based on that I got right both the results of the semis. And I think one of the upcoming semis will end in draw and then extra time. GL!

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U)

My bet for today: Barcelona-M. United Barcelona has great players and they can surely beat any team in the world but we all know they haven't been playing like a team all season long and it's obvious there's several "groups" inside the locker-room and the team lacks leadership. MU is having a great season but they know that in order to really achieve top glory they have to win the Champions League and I think they have what it takes to get the job done this season. Also, for Cristiano Ronaldo to finally be considered the best player of the World he knows that he needs to win something big with his team. My pick: away PK (2.17 is good value for me); Push Good luck! JC
It's a shame that "home boy" CR missed that penalty shot but it happens to the best :)... ...I also think the ref was "home biased" big time but that's just my opinion. Still, credit is due to Barcelona as they played a good game. :cheers JC

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) I think was a mistake Scholes to play instead of Anderson, Man utd were unbelievable defensive in this match, most of the time Rooney played like difender. Also i thing Giggs had to play instead of Tevez, but Alex Ferguson know what to do and i'm wainting the semi to be realy intersting icon_wink.gif

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U)

I think was a mistake Scholes to play instead of Anderson' date=' Man utd were unbelievable defensive in this match, most of the time Rooney played like difender. Also i thing Giggs had to play instead of Tevez, but Alex Ferguson know what to do and i'm wainting the semi to be realy intersting [img']http://forum.bungeebets.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
If you can remember any away games @ such a high stage of CL in several past years, ManU always dug very deep with very little intention to play forward. I was surprised yesterday, but only a little, especially after some tale-telling gestures by Alex Ferguson - then I recalled the past games. Painful to watch, though:(

Re: Champions League 23rd of April (Barcelona v Man U) yes this is true, was a very tough game, but i think Alex Ferguson saw last season that with open and attacking football was impossible to overcome Milan and against Barca the main aim was do not receive a goal, unfortunately Ronaldo missed the penalty :unsure