** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea)

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Early bet here for me! 1st Leg Semi-Final Liverpool to win -1 HCP (waiting for odds i'll post when bokies have them) Simply put Liverpool will punch allsorts of holes through Chelsea's fragile wet paper bag midfield here! Chelsea without Essien to do his usual spoiling role, have no bite in the middle and Mascherano will simply control the middle battles allowing Gerrard to saunter up and supply Torres with the ammo to score and probably getting on the score sheet himself. Another occassion here that Chelsea for all their roubles! simply fall short when it comes to the Champions League pinnacle of a last 2 position. This Chelsea team will be stripped bare next season with the likes of Drogba, SWP, Fat Frank etc... all off to pastures new. Likely that Avin a Laugh their manager :lol will not be there also! a fruitless season beckons after both legs of matches here. Liverpool have coped well recently with all the turmoil of ownership and the fans will be well and truely behind them 100% urging them on to get the result which will effectively seal a likely final place v Man Utd. RESULT: THE BIG CLUB OVERCOMING THE PUFFED UP WANNA BE BIG CLUB! :ok

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Just joined the fun on here. Hopefully i will have quite a few winners, sooner rather then latter!!. My bets will range from on anything upto 2 poins max, to make it easy when working out the returns 1 point will be the same value as £1. Hopefully we can make some nice profits from them. First post on here so here goes, looking at the match the stand out bet to me is liverpool to quailfy @ evens with betdirect/stan james. Liverpool should be looking to win this 1-0 or maybe 2-0, but it will be very tense so bets to a min a think. My bets for the tie are 1 points on liverpool @ 13/8 with v.c to win the first leg. 2 points on liverpool to quailfy @ evens with betdirect. 1/4 on both liverpool to win 1-0 and 2-0 in the first leg. Lets hope i can start with a winning selection.:unsure

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea)

livvchel.gif Liverpool v Chelsea

For the second successive year, three Premiership teams have reached the semi-final stage of the Champions League, bringing the possibility of an all Premiership final tantalisingly close. However, the might of Barcelona stand in the way of that dream for English football fans, facing Manchester United over two legs in late April. It was at this stage last year that the Red Devils were beaten by AC Milan, who went on to beat Liverpool in the final. The Reds once again line up in the final four of Europe’s premier domestic competition, having eliminated Arsenal in a dramatic all or nothing game at Anfield. Liverpool face Chelsea at the semi-final stage of the Champions League for the third time in four years, with the Blues looking to avenge defeat on both previous occasions. The Londoners have had a miserable time in the latter stages of this competition also missing out on the final in 2004, beaten by Monaco. John Terry, Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard - all survivors of that trio of heart-breaking defeats - will be desperate to break the Hoodoo. It should be to their advantage playing the second leg in London, though the atmosphere at Stamford Brdige can never rival the Anfield amphitheatre. Despite Liverpool making the final in both 2007 and 2005. Any team has an advantage by playing in their own stadium but Anfield and Liverpool have a special symbiosis in European competition. It may tire supporters of other clubs to read about the noise, the swaying scarves, and songs and banners of this Scouse coliseum but its part in Liverpool’s success is impossible to avoid. the sheer number of raucously dramatic matches Anfield has hosted cannot be beaten. “It is the nearest thing football has to a cathedral,” said the former Liverpool player Michael Robinson. Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is optimistic Steven Gerrard will be fit to play against Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday. Gerrard was forced to miss Saturday's 2-0 win at Fulham after injuring his neck in training - and Benitez admitted after the game at Craven Cottage that the midfielder was a doubt for the first leg at Anfield. Losing Gerrard would be a massive blow at this crucial stage. Meanwhile in the blue camp Frank Lampard has declared himself available, the news comes as a timely boost for Avram Grant, the Chelsea manager, who feared he could be without the England international. Lampard has missed the club's past two matches on compassionate leave since his mother, Pat, fell ill with pneumonia. She remains in intensive care and although her condition has stabilised she remains "very ill". Chelsea could also have Michael Ballack fit after he missed Thursday’s win away to Everton with a hamstring problem. Didier Drogba may yet miss out as he struggles to overcome a knee injury. Both will attempt to prove their fitness by training at Anfield this afternoon, with Shaun Wright-Phillips and Nicolas Anelka ready. When last year’s semi-final came down to a penalty shoot-out, amid the Anfield cacophony, Chelsea’s minds scrambled once again. By now they know what to expect. They also hope the different ordering of the legs will temper the venue’s influence. “Always it’s a tough game at Anfield but, you know, it’s only the first leg and the second one is at Stamford Bridge. That can be crucial for us,” said Ricardo Carvalho. “Everyone speaks about the atmosphere and the last two times it was difficult going there for the second leg. I hope not doing that this time can make the difference.” Rafael Benitez agrees the draw is less favourable this time. “It could be different to last year" but Liverpool are becoming a hard European club again after the success in the 70's and by sheer experience they must have a slight advantage over Chelsea who seem to self-destruct just as they look like going all the way. [url=http://www.farbets.co.uk/link.php?p=pinnacle]

Liverpool last 6 Home: WWWWWW
Chelsea last 6 Away: LWDLWW
H2H's

10 Feb 08 Premiership Chelsea 0 - 0 Liverpool 19 Dec 07 League Cup Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool 19 Aug 07 Premiership Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea 1 May 07 UEFA Champions League Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea 25 Apr 07 UEFA Champions League Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool 20 Jan 07 Premiership Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea 17 Sep 06 Premiership Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool 13 Aug 06 Super Cup Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool 22 Apr 06 FA Cup Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool 5 Feb 06 Premiership Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool 6 Dec 05 UEFA Champions League Chelsea 0 - 0 Liverpool 2 Oct 05 Premiership Liverpool 1 - 4 Chelsea 28 Sep 05 UEFA Champions League Liverpool 0 - 0 Chelsea 3 May 05 UEFA Champions League Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea 27 Apr 05 UEFA Champions League Chelsea 0 - 0 Liverpool 27 Feb 05 League Cup Liverpool 2 - 3 Chelsea 1 Jan 05 Premiership Liverpool 0 - 1 Chelsea

Liverpool have scored an amazing 17 goals in their last 6 home games conceding just 4 compared to Chelsea's 10 away goals but conceding 7. 2-1 to Liverpool.

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) LIVERPOOL V CHELSEA These two giants meet in the Champions League semi-finals for the third time in four seasons and it is a tough one to call. However, Liverpool will know that if they are to go through, all the goals will have to be scored at Anfield so will have to be positive and go for it. If Liverpool are leading late on, I believe Chelsea will be happy with that and wont want to push forward, leaving Liverpool to break away and score a second. The roar of the Kop will spur Liverpool on and 13/8 is a fantastic price, get on!

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) i think before betting on this game we should be %100 sure that Gerrard is playing.Otherwise it will be really hard for Liverpool considering their lack of creativity in the middle of the pitch... on the other hand Drogba is a crucial factor on Chelsea side.if he wont play or play like he did against Fenerbahce things will be really hard on attacking end for Chelsea... at the end i am pretty sure that it will be a hard-fight game with not too many goals.as you can see h2h's its really difficult for these two to break over 2.5 limit.the only chance looks like it will be 2-1 to lpool...so my bet is under 2.5 and also to cover a bit 2-1 lpool

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Liverpool v Chelsea EPL Matches

Sunday 19 August__________Sunday 10 February

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1________Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 Torres 16 Lampard pen62 4 Bookings a piece __________3 Bookings 2 Bookings Both manager's have had 2 games to outwit each other but have failed, will this be the deciding series of matches barring penalties? Both EPL matches ended in draws. The question is can we treat this as a similar type match? IMO - these 2 matches will be somewhat like the last 2. Low scoring draws. "Chelsea's Michael Essien is suspended for this match; Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Fabio Aurelio will be suspended for the second leg if shown a yellow card." - BBC.co.uk From what I can gather about the Ref (Konrad Plautz) - he is inconsistent and can be a bit petty with bookings. - worldreferee.com 13 bookings from the 2 previous matches coupled with the Ref points to a high card count. One factor that might be an influence is the bookings hanging over Carragher & Gerrard. With Liverpool under slightly more pressure to get a home result this might lose them their services in the second leg, either that or it will subdue them somewhat. Chelsea would be more than happy with a draw. Selections: Draw 2/1 (2pts - PP) Card Index 4.5 - 5 Bookings 1pt (9/2 - PP) & 5.5+ Bookings 2pts (5/4 - PP) Interest & Cover Bet: Correct Score 2-1 Liverpool 1pt (8/1 - PP)

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Chelsea has supporters? :loon With Liverpool unfairly kicking Arsenal out of the competition I was willing to side with Chelsea... but with time I came to think they're not up to it. Now they hope to get a result in London, today I think they should lose by odd goal. No Essien, Lampard out of form, Drogba as well, no manager (a real one :lol) I'll go with "Anfield European night" theory. And 2-3 number of goals, 1-0 is the only realistic chance for the bet to burn, with 2-0, 2-1, 1-1 by far the most likely outcomes... Chelsea "supporters", prepare for :spank

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Just joined the site and btw YOU GUYS RULE! Love the info and quality input by many. Gonna try to contribute as much as I can. Now, gametime... I'm pretty confident - the Blues are gonna erase the bitter memory of two previous defeats at the same stage of the competition. And nobody's gonna quit Stamford Bridge in the summer if Grant remains in charge. Speculation that some of the squad were unhappy is nothing but a bunch of crap coming from oh so many Chelsea haters so - nobody's walking out the door. If there was any of that they would not be in second place and would not be in the semi-final of CL. So again - bunch of crap! The last two semi-finals were nothing but Jose and Rafa cancelling each other out. That will change today and in my opinion Chelsea will go into this first leg with an attacking style. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. That is how I see my Blues at Anfield today. Unlike some of you in here I have much respect for the opposite side in terms of fan-talk. Steven Gerrard is one class act player and with him being declared fit there's gonna be helluva fight. But Lampard is back as well and I'm pretty sure we'll see Drogba from the first minute too. However, Liverpool are very good defensively but Chelsea knows now that away goals they can possibly take back to the Bridge will help them to advance and - with great strength in depth in the squad shown throughout this whole season and one unique theater of togheterness - reach the final and lift the trophy. Chelsea to score. Game to stay under. Draw. 1-1. CMON YOU BLUES!!! :clap

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) My bets for today (trying to keep the analysis as simple as possible): Liverpool-Chelsea Always a great athmosphere at Anfield in European competitions and Liverpool is focusing on doing well in this competition while Chelsea has more on their minds. Chelsea will probably miss Drogba and IMO that also makes a big difference in this match and means they should have a hard time scoring. These teams met twice in the last 3 seasons for the Champions League final stages with Liverpool winning both. My picks: Liverpool to win and Fernando Torres (must start) to score anytime Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Liverpool Liverpool are in very good form heading into this first leg, and with it being at home, will want to ensure they have some sort of lead going into the return leg. The availability of Gerrard significabtly improves their chances as he and Torres have been instrumental in their good form. As for Chelsea, the loss of Essien is just as important to Liverpool's chances as he too has been in very good form lately. Also with the only other player to worry Liverpool in recent times, Drogba, also under a fitness cloud, the value is on Liverpool to take a lead to the return leg. The Kop will be in full voice for this clash, as Liverpool enjoy another memorable European night

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) For me personally I fancy a Liverpool win. I dont think anyone can explain it but the atmoshphere created inside Anfield on these type of nights seems to transform this liverpool side. I think the availability of Gerrard is a huge boost for the side, and I imagine he will be able to inspire his side to another memorable win. However, for the betting wise, I'm going to have to say under 2.5 goals. Not sure what odds are but for me extremely confident of this coming through. Semi-finals have a reputation of being tight, close affairs. First legs in any H&A tie usually follow in the same fashion. Games between the major sides in England are usually also tight affairs with both side looking not to lose rather than going out for the win. Couple this with the fact that there has not bn a game between these sides in any competition which has went over 2.5 goals since August of 06 convinces me that tonight will be no different Gd luck with all your bets

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) I found it interesting to read that Drogba hasn't scored since the Arsenal game in March. Regardless of whether he was unavailable for periods of that time, it has to play a major part in deciding the outcome. He is rated as doubtful, so may not play tonight. However, the only other striker to score in the last 6 games is Solomon Kalou. With Essien out, I don't see where the goals will come from and don't see Chelsea scoring more than one. Lampard hasn't played the last 2 games, so can't be considered a viable first goalscorer in my opinnion. Under 2.5 or 2-1 to Liverpool definitely looks a good shout to me. I'll probably take the under as I don't feel Chelsea currently possess a strong front line.

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Would be very surprised if we get a win against Liverpool at Anfield tonight, I think we'll get a 1-1 draw and think that Lampard to be last scorer like he was in the league is a decent shout. Also Paddy Power are refunding losing 1st/last scorer, correct score and scorecasts if it's 0-0. Frank Lampard Last Scorer 9/1 with paddy power

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) L'pool/Chelsea Draw @3.00, Under 2. Chelsea finally get to play Liverpool with the opening leg @Anfield. Should be a cagey match. Liverpool are on fire lately but Chelsea can finally play their game by playing a tight first leg away, to take an advantage back to Stamford Bridge. Either team can nick the 1-0 but I can also see either team responding, Liverpool always respond well @Anfield while Chelsea have been dangerous on set pieces all season. I still expect a 0-0 game.

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Some good posts in here, many predicting 2-1. In that case will look for best Over odds and give a good go, with enough insurance on 1-1 and 2-0. With 40 points to stake on this game the CS must break me even, the Over bringing up to 15-17 points profit. Good luck all and hope this game would be some change, got so bored every time I watched these 2 playing in CL

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) With 16 out of the last 18 meetings between the two sides finishing under 2.5 goals i think it is unlikely to change anytime soon. One of the two games that went over was a community shield game, and in this game there was a last minute goal so was again close to going under 2.5. Chelsea will be satisfied to take a draw back to Stamford Bridge to try to finish the job off there, if they can get a draw or nick a victory at Anfield. Rafa Benitez will also look to keep things tight to prevent an away goal being scored against his team and with the help of the crowd try and take a one or two goal lead into the second leg. I just can't see either team scoring three goals so the only way it can go over is a 2-1 victory either way, but i feel it would be unlikely for Chelsea to achieve this as Liverpool now have the know how to perform on European nights to get the job done. My bets are for under 2.5 goals at betfair plus 2-1 Liverpool to still get a profit with 2-1 to Chelsea as a cover bet to break even. Small stake bets on scorecast Torres 1-0, Torres 2-0 and Gerreard 1-0.

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) First to score Gerard Last to score Kuyt Correct Score 2-0 Maybe a red card for John Obi Mikel (if he plays) or Ricardo Carvalho I expect a 70-80 minute goal from Gerard then Grant will make a wrong substitute after that Liverpool will have more opportunities.Finally Kuyt will score inside or near the box in 85-90 min. That's my prediction :dude

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) TEAMS Liverpool: Reina, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Babel, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Crouch, Pennant, Lucas.. Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, J Cole, Drogba, Malouda. Subs: Hilario, Shevchenko, Obi, Kalou, Alex, Belletti, Anelka.

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Liverpool are the form team at the minute. Chelsea are not playing well at all despite the result against Everton and I think they will struggle tonight. Torres has scored in his last 7 games at Anfield so I think he's a good bet for a goal. I think the under 2.5 is a good bet, all the reasoning has already been said above. If Drogba fails to make the start, 2.4 on Betfair for Liverpool is a very good bet, even if he does start he hasn't been doing welllately so I still think this is a good bet. GL all

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) Have went for under 2.5 myself at 1.53 on Betfair, the only threat I see to this is 2-1 Liverpool but with the amount im putting on it hardly seems worth covering this and at least then ill have seen a good game with some goals. Pretty self explanatory bet with the history of unders between these two sides and the fact first legs are often cagey affairs. The fact Liverpool are at home tonight and will want to take a lead to the Bridge may see them push a little more for a goal, however Rafa will be determined to let in away goal. Looking at both line-ups it seems they will both go 4-5-1 so I think the unders is a sound bet. Gd luck all

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) For me it depends on which Drogba turns up tonight, if its the can't be bothered and fall over all the time we could be in trouble. (would love to get odds for drogba to receive treatment during the game, every week it happens!). But if he is up for this, like the 2nd half at home arsenal, we are well in this. My bet is gonna be draw maybe 1-1

Re: Champions League 22nd of April (Liverpool v Chelsea) cant see this being a high scoring game. with a second leg to come, I cant see liverpool looking to attack too much as a clean home sheet is worth a hell of a lot. Whilst we have the hold on Chelsea in europe, it is a new era with avram - and imo, it should be an easier era for the reds. Whilst avram is a good manager, he is not great and I think Rafa's experience and european tactics can edge it for us tonight. A 0-0 would be a decent result for us, and if we can get the 1-0, then all the better. 0-0 - 2pts @ 7.00 1-0 - 2pts @ 6.60 betfair

would love to get odds for drogba to receive treatment during the game
I'll offer you 1.00 mate!