Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :|

Wasn't sure where to post this to be honest, but another fixed match which followed a very similar pattern to the well publiscised Davydenko Vs Arguello match last year - which was alledged to be fixed and betfair voided - took place last night. Hernandez Vs Brzezicki in the US Mens Clay Court Championships In Houston, Texas. Starting prices were roughly evens the pair. At 5-2 up in the first set Brzezicki was still at around evens despite his lead A set and 2-0 up in the second Brzezicki was 3.0 --- he started off at evens and showed no obvious signs of injury. A set and *2-1 down Hernandez was backed at 1.2...... Hernandez went on to take control of the set but before even levelling the match he was backed at 1.01 - before the second set was even over........... truelly inexplicable....... and making it more obvious that people knew he was going to win. Hernandez went on to take the victory 3-6 6-3 6-2. Betfair took about 2 minutes to settle the market - despite the hugely suspicisious betting patterns - and will not void. As well as exposing the lack of integrity in tennis it also exposes betfair, once again, as massive hypocrites - as purely concerned with profit over principles despite the public image they promote. Tennis is a hugely profitable sport for them commission wise, and the voiding of 'minor' matches such as this would perhaps cause them to have to withdraw betting on such markets and thus result in a significant decrease in commission payments. Furthermore, after the publicity of last year I think it is very possible that the ATP have been in contact with betfair and made their presence felt. This match involved two 'nobody's' and live pictures wern't available in the UK......... despite the betting patterns being just as suspicious as the voided Davydenko vs Vassallo match in Sopot last year, betfair have not even seen it fit to hold payouts and investigate the match. Betfair have a 15 man integrity team whose job is to identify and investigate suspicious betting patterns :lol A look on the betfair tennis forum is worth it for anyone interested. Another disgraceful day for tennis, and another example of betfair's utter hypocrisy and complete lack of integrity.

Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :|

Wasn't sure where to post this to be honest, but another fixed match which followed a very similar pattern to the well publiscised Davydenko Vs Arguello match last year - which was alledged to be fixed and betfair voided - took place last night. Hernandez Vs Brzezicki in the US Mens Clay Court Championships In Houston, Texas. Starting prices were roughly evens the pair. At 5-2 up in the first set Brzezicki was still at around evens despite his lead A set and 2-0 up in the second Brzezicki was 3.0 --- he started off at evens and showed no obvious signs of injury. A set and *2-1 down Hernandez was backed at 1.2...... Hernandez went on to take control of the set but before even levelling the match he was backed at 1.01 - before the second set was even over........... truelly inexplicable....... and making it more obvious that people knew he was going to win. Hernandez went on to take the victory 3-6 6-3 6-2. Betfair took about 2 minutes to settle the market - despite the hugely suspicisious betting patterns - and will not void. As well as exposing the lack of integrity in tennis it also exposes betfair, once again, as massive hypocrites - as purely concerned with profit over principles despite the public image they promote. Tennis is a hugely profitable sport for them commission wise, and the voiding of 'minor' matches such as this would perhaps cause them to have to withdraw betting on such markets and thus result in a significant decrease in commission payments. Furthermore, after the publicity of last year I think it is very possible that the ATP have been in contact with betfair and made their presence felt. This match involved two 'nobody's' and live pictures wern't available in the UK......... despite the betting patterns being just as suspicious as the voided Davydenko vs Vassallo match in Sopot last year, betfair have not even seen it fit to hold payouts and investigate the match. Betfair have a 15 man integrity team whose job is to identify and investigate suspicious betting patterns :lol A look on the betfair tennis forum is worth it for anyone interested. Another disgraceful day for tennis, and another example of >betfair's utter hypocrisy and complete lack of integrity.
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :|

Another disgraceful day for tennis, and another example of betfair's utter hypocrisy and complete lack of integrity.
TBH that is absolute bullshit, betfair took a MASSIVE step forward in the betting world when they voided that davydenko match. As for the example, looks very fishy i agree. It is a reason i personally wont bet on tennis anymore... As for betfair and their profits, im pretty sure the commission on one market wouldnt make up for the bad publicity gained from allowing match fixing to go on. Im guessing you lost money on it else you wouldnt be posting it ;)

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| Nope, have lost money in similar circumstances before, but actually decided to have an early night and left the last few matches of the day....... Woke up this morning and the forum gives a running commentary of odds movement in relation to the prices and makes it clear how wrong it its. Nobody can prove that this match was fixed, and after the Davydenko incident - where an obvious fix too place but there is nothing to prove it and recently Davydenko has threatened legal action - means that the media are reluctant to touch this subject at the moment. Furthemore this match was contested between two relative nobody's and wasn't televised, thus the likely publicity is going to be much less. As for commission, if betfair did the right thing they might have to stop in play betting on small tournament matches similar to this one, and so could lose significant money in this regard.

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| The day after the Davydenko match last year a match - involving the 'victor' over Davy - Vassallo-Arguello - took place that followed similar dodgy patterns of scoring and betting.... But it wasn't televised and the world number 5 wasn't involved :| BF realised the implications of their previous days decision and knew that if they followed up in the 'right way' by voiding an equally suspicious match the very next day they would have to review the overall IP betting on tennis and could end up losing alot in commission. Anyway they had made their public stance against corruption, been on the news, been in the papers, they had preserved their integrity.......... why practise what they were preaching.... :| What did betfair do......? Absolutely nothing.

The day after the Davydenko match last year a match - involving the 'victor' over Davy - Vassallo-Arguello - took place that followed similar dodgy patterns of scoring and betting.... But it wasn't televised and the world number 5 wasn't involved :| BF realised the implications of their previous days decision and knew that if they followed up in the 'right way' by voiding an equally suspicious match the very next day they would have to review the overall IP betting on tennis and could end up losing alot in commission. Anyway they had made their public stance against corruption, been on the news, been in the papers, they had preserved their integrity.......... why practise what they were preaching.... :| What did betfair do......? Absolutely nothing.
surely the real villan is the ATP who seem to just 'allow' it to happen. Is it up to betfair to govern tennis, NO, does tennis need to sort itself out, YES. My ultimate view is that betfair might resort to removing tennis from its markets soon, that wouldnt affect me one iota so it doesnt really bother me. Surely you can understand that betfair (as any company would) is gonna deal with 'very public' issues in a different way to ones that pass the public by.

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| and yeh actually, the thread title is completely rediculous Another fixed tennis match...betfairs integrity, why exactly arent you even thinking of questioning the integrity of the ATP or other tennis bodys. IS it betfairs fault that tennis is fixed? Greyhounds are matched at 1.01 every week accidently some times, should betfair immediately cancel any market that looks AT ALL suspicious? I remember seeing a horse that was backed down to 1.01 at 11 in the morning, normal business resumed and the horse won at 25/1 at 4 o clock, is this betfairs fault or the fault of racing bodies that cant get rid of corruption.

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| I don't like or watch footie but I do read the footie forum on Betfair now and again to read the rantings of the clinically insane :lol Pointless me trying to remember what teams as I had no financial interest. Would you consider backing at 1.03 as cheating in a footie match. I'd ask what mug would back at 1.02 as goals only take a second, and the 1-0 win becomes a draw. Unless, like in the case I read about, the players were on their way into the tunnel and the screen was still not suspended. Or the non-Premier division game early last year (or very late 2006) when somebody on the Betfair soccer forum openly posted ' This team will not win. Lay them with your bank. This is serious, not a joke.' There was piss taking galore when they went 1-0 up after about 15 minutes. The poster came back on and said 'It's not over yet' More piss taking ensued 'When are they gonna lose? 'How are they going to lose? 'They won't lose now.' Mug!! Muppett etc etc etc The poster came on again with ' I didn't say they were going to lose, I said they wouldn't win.' When the other side scored the piss taking stopped for a while, and the thread never got a derisory comment after the home team missed a penalty about 10 minutes from time. All posts were roughly the same Lucky bastard Guesser Did your budgie pick it. Not one poster would admit, or dare to think, that he was right and the game was bent. Wherever people can talk, and money is involved, somebody, somewhere, is at it.

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| That's absolutely outrageous. I used to love tennis betting around 2003/04 but got fed up with getting bets voided when a player got injured usually when mine was winning (happened 11 times in matches I bet on and 8 were times when the player I'd backed was in the better position.) It just got silly when it became obvious that certain players were throwing matches (I remember reading that Safin had a flight booked to go to the Olympics in Athens despite still being in an ATP tournament in Poland. He dult lost to no-hoper Marc Lopez and was able to get the flight and get himself ready for the Olympics.) Until the ATP are ready to crackdown on this sort of thing, then tennis will remain a tarnished sport.

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| Wasn't sure if I was going to post in this thread...but I guess I am. No idea if it was fixed....or indeed who the guilty party would be. All I know is I lost a big ******* wedge. I'd had a couple of drinks after playing poker, but I definately wasn't drunk. Layed Hernandez in the middle/end of the first set, thinking Brzezicki would take it and that Hernandez had been shit recently. Made an error typing and the stake was 10x what I'd wanted it to be. I didn't intend to let it run the whole match so it was pretty large in the first place:puke. Then noticed how strange the odds were compared to the score, thought it was the scoreboard being behind as it has been awful all day. When that happens I sometimes just watch the Betfair market instead of the scoreboard - feel stupid for doing that now. Waiting a little while to see if the scoreboard would "jump", there'd be an injury time out or something or if the market would go back to normal. Was really pissed off at my mistake so decided to put up a back of Hernandez @ 1.5 to make a small (big) loss and go to bed, as I had no idea what was happening in the match - I knew it wasn't the scoreboard being behind at this point, as it would have to be an hour behind. No idea why I thought that would be matched. As we all know now Hernandez won easily and that's that. Wiped out a large portion of my bank, ended up chasing today on some other crap. Was it fixed? No idea. If it wasn't then somebody did a bloody god job of moving the market and got ******* lucky:@. Seems like there was a lot of these types of matches last year after the Davy thing, when people were talking about "Market Manipulators" but then it went away and the markets seemed to be fine...until today. I'm not betting on anything now for a while, need to build some cash up again. Not sure if I'm still going to put my tennis stuff up...was really annoying today making a profit but not having anything on it:eyes. Some dirty bastards around....not sure what kind of dirty bastards but dirty bastards all the same:spank

• 1 month later...

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| Let's see if I got this right. Gabashvilli was a 1.4 favorite before the match. He wins set 1 6-4 and odds for him to win still 1.4? He loses 2nd set 4-6 that's where we are now and he is priced at 4.5? Very weird linemove indeed. :$

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| Kavcic was 1.5 when on serve in the second set (a set down). 1.18 when 0-30 on Gabas serve now 1.25 when we start the 3rd. Long delay between sets so assume Gaba has had the trainer? Would love it if Gabashvili won this one;)

not good for tennis' date=' everytime a player loses,it will be questionable...[/quote'] It's the money what makes a tennis match questionable, not a player losing. Look at the odds (like that 1.18 in the 2nd set) and that's when everything makes sense (or not).

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| From BF site

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Betfair Customer Services 21 May 12:05
spacer.gif We are aware of customer concerns in relation to the above market and are currently investigating. On completion of the match we will follow our normal procedure for these circumstances: the market will be settled and we will suspend the accounts and freeze funds of any accounts which we believe warrant further investigation. Additionally, we will liaise with the ATP In accordance with our Memorandum of Understanding with them.

From BF site
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Betfair Customer Services21 May 12:05
spacer.gifWe are aware of customer concerns in relation to the above market and are currently investigating. On completion of the match we will follow our normal procedure for these circumstances: the market will be settled and we will suspend the accounts and freeze funds of any accounts which we believe warrant further investigation. Additionally, we will liaise with the ATP In accordance with our Memorandum of Understanding with them.
Have Betfair removed this statement now? Can't see it:@:@:@
  • 2 months later...

Re: Another fixed tennis match - betfairs integrity :| More specific: Lodra up 4-1 first set, odds at betfair dropping quickly on Gasquet from 1.75 to 1.6 during the break. Odds offered at different bookies about 1.7-1.73 odds at betfair 1.6, something wrong? Llodra now took an injury break but that was two games later så no one could have known about that injury at 4-1.