** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 E/W BET Wetherby 7.25 Wizard Dust 1 pt E/W @5/1 with SportingBet The favourite Fourty Acres looks the obvious pick in this novice hurdle But with him being odds-0n there appears to be some value with ourselection. Been running consistently in class 4 hurdle races which have been marginally better class the the 2nd favs efforts in Class 5 races. The favourite beat very little LTO and may be a little too short.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 Exchange+ Bet Wetherby 6.55 Norman Beckett 1 pt @7/2 with BetFred:hope + 1 pt place only @2.18 with Betfair:hope The favourite is actually consider inferior on official ratings. Petra Stars may be a soft ground winter horse and Terenzium is well held on collateral formlines. The ditance of the race may be a problem for our selection but got good form over 2 miles 2 furlongs on the very sharp Fontwell track. Wetherby is considered to be on the sharp side. So IMO Norman Beckett is a litttle overpriced at 7/2 and a fairer assessment would be 11/4 IMO. Only a small stake however.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 E/W BETS Newcastle 7.35 Gulchs Rose 2 pt E/W @ 7/2 with BetDirect(BOG):hope Maha Duba 1 pt E/W @6/1 with Bet365(BOG):hope Josephine Malines 1/2 pt E/W @11/1 with BetFred:hope In a race which looks to contain a favourite that could be overrated a standard bet on the 2nd,3rd and 4th favourites. All of which have reasonable relatives and some hopeful form.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 E/W Bet Sandown 7.15 Allegretto 2 pts E/W @4/1 with Coral:hope A course winer a Group 1 winner acts on going. Must be backed notwithstanding first outing of season

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008

E/W BET Wetherby 7.25 Wizard Dust 1 pt E/W @5/1 with SportingBet The favourite Fourty Acres looks the obvious pick in this novice hurdle But with him being odds-0n there appears to be some value with ourselection. Been running consistently in class 4 hurdle races which have been marginally better class the the 2nd favs efforts in Class 5 races. The favourite beat very little LTO and may be a little too short.
Fell would have at least placed:sad Loss on Bet = -2 pts

Exchange+ Bet Wetherby 6.55 Norman Beckett 1 pt @7/2 with BetFred:hope + 1 pt place only @2.18 with Betfair:hope The favourite is actually consider inferior on official ratings. Petra Stars may be a soft ground winter horse and Terenzium is well held on collateral formlines. The ditance of the race may be a problem for our selection but got good form over 2 miles 2 furlongs on the very sharp Fontwell track. Wetherby is considered to be on the sharp side. So IMO Norman Beckett is a litttle overpriced at 7/2 and a fairer assessment would be 11/4 IMO. Only a small stake however.
Unplaced Loss on Bet = -2 pts

E/W BETS Newcastle 7.35 Gulchs Rose 2 pt E/W @ 7/2 with BetDirect(BOG):hope Maha Duba 1 pt E/W @6/1 with Bet365(BOG):hope Josephine Malines 1/2 pt E/W @11/1 with BetFred:hope In a race which looks to contain a favourite that could be overrated a standard bet on the 2nd,3rd and 4th favourites. All of which have reasonable relatives and some hopeful form.
Only one placed (a 66/1 getting placed:wall) Loss on Bet 5.6 pts:sad

E/W Bet Sandown 7.15 Allegretto 2 pts E/W @4/1 with Coral:hope A course winer a Group 1 winner acts on going. Must be backed notwithstanding first outing of season
Last:sad Lost on Bet = -4 pts Loss on Day = - 12.6 pts:$:sad Right back Saturday or Sunday(new month)

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 E/W Bets Outlay to Date = 181 pts Return to Date = 209.08 pts Profit to Date = + 28.08 pts Exchange + Other Bets Outlay to Date = 39 pts Return to Date = 58.43 pts Profit to Date = +19.43 pts Combined Profit to Date = +47.51 pts yield again in excess of 20% Very poor night marked out for me with Wizard Dust(5/1 to 5/2) falling when staying on and looking (to me at least) the likely winner and a 66/1 shot getting in the place money at Newcastle. Actually for me the worse days betting for the month:sad Still can't moan too much with over £450 profit to £10 per point. Plus for my soccer followers winning somewhat more. For my combined followers they are yet to have a losing month this year. Still I did make some major mistakes tonight and below are my mistskes: 1. Allegretto first run of season in a very difficult to win race. Should have know this at my age. Don't guess:spankabout fitness in competitive races. 2. Backing 3 horse in the Newcatle race when clearly from my form analysis only the 2nd and 3rd favs could be considered viable winners. Don't try to cover every angle with a belt and braces job it will cost you profit in the long run:spank However can't find fault with my other selections.:\ Therefore in future will now limit E/W selection to just 2 imax in any given race unless a 16+ handicap (rarely bet in these). This should increase yield in the long run. O.K. Sorry about tonight:cry Hope nobody lost too much.:hope I will be back this weekend seeking value bets in many non-handicaps on the flat on Saturday and over the jumps on Sunday. We are shortly coming into the period of the season when races are dominated by the first three in the betting especially in maiden and novce races so I expect to be putting up some E/W doubles shortly. These can often give us some nice touches in the summer months.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 Unlucky tonight Cavelloman :cry Still as you say been a fantastic month for any followers :ok Nice to see your thoughts on tonights selections and looking forward to next month. :hope

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 Well it is a very sad day if the best tipster on PL is no longer going to post because of some moron in general chat. I hope you will continue posting if not here but on another forum.

Well it is a very sad day if the best tipster on PL is no longer going to post because of some moron in general chat. I hope you will continue posting if not here but on another forum.
AGREED! 110% :ok

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 A great loss to Punters Lounge:sadwithout a doubt the best tipster on here.:sad I hope you do continue your great threads if not on here somewhere else, all the best Cavelloman :ok

Well it is a very sad day if the best tipster on PL is no longer going to post because of some moron in general chat. I hope you will continue posting if not here but on another forum.
I think you're missing the pont, lads. He should just ignore everything said and continue doing what he's good at. I won't say "either I am going or he is going" even if someone says my mom is a whore. I'll just ignore him and continue with my stuff.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 On a personal level I really liked Cavellomans power ranking soccer thread. Great tipster without a doubt, best on the PL ? Nowhere near close in consistant results terms, but great never the less. I hope he reconsiders and stays, if GC doesn't work for him, then he should aviod it. However, no one is bigger than the PL and we simply can't have people going about demanding bannings for others, saying it's him or me. Precendent would be dreadful, it'd kill the PL.

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 Gotta agree with Steward14 here. No matter how good a tipster Cavelloman was, his reaction has been totally out of order.........throwing his dummy out of the pram!!! Freedom of speech....what my grandad fought for. P.S. My mother was actually a bit of a whore mileni4uk, but don't worry I won't hold it against you!!!!!! :rollin

Re: Cavelloman's E/W Non-Handicap Value + Exchange Bets Summer 2008 I am not disputing the fact that losing Cavello will be a bit of a loss to the forum, but you CANT give PL an ultimatum just because you disagree with what someone said. :ok

I am not disputing the fact that losing Cavello will be a bit of a loss to the forum, but you CANT give PL an ultimatum just because you disagree with what someone said. :ok
Especially Cass :lol