** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11

Friday 11 April 2008 Home Away
Castleford v Hull FC (19:30BST) +4 -4 Details »
Hide « Castleford v Hull FC
St Helens v Harlequins (19:30BST) -12 +12 Details »
Hide « St Helens v Harlequins
Leeds Rhinos v Warrington (20:00BST) -10 +10 Details »
Hide « Leeds Rhinos v Warrington
Wigan Warriors v Catalans (20:00BST) -8 +8 Details »
Hide « Wigan Warriors v Catalans
Saturday 12 April 2008 Home Away
Huddersfield v Wakefield (18:00BST) -6 +6 Details »
Hide « Huddersfield v Wakefield
Huddersfield v Warrington (18:00BST) +10.5 -10.5 Details »
Hide « Huddersfield v Warrington
Sunday 13 April 2008 Home Away
Hull KR v Bradford (15:00BST) +4 -4 Details »
Plenty of games on friday night, Castleford look good against a very poor Hull, but the +4 is 4/5 now, can get +2 10/11 @ various bookies.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Can't see Cas getting beat by Hull on Sky tonight, Hull have far too many injuries including half-backs Horne and Dykes, missing both is a big loss. Cas have been very good at home so far this season, i realise they have only won two games but the other games have been very close with only a try difference, hopefully they will snowball on from that win against Saints and start to move up the league. Castleford 6/5 @ BetFred

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 I'm not even bothering with the handicap tonight. I think the Cas match is priced up wrongly. 10pts Castleford to beat Hull FC 6/5 Betfred Castleford come into this match full of confidence having beaten St Helens last weekend while Hull were losing to Bradford. Admittedly Hull have had 2 days extra to rest up but with the injuries they've got I still don't think they'll go to the Jungle and win. Cas on the other hand are starting to get their injured players back. Stuart Donlan, Michael Shenton and Scott Moore all return tonight while Matt Cook could make his debut having joined on loan from Bradford. Hull have had to name 5 teenagers in their squad as their injury list continues to hamper them and with that in mind I'm confident Cas will take the 2pts here.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Leeds may fail to cover the hcp against Warrington tonight, they are missing Lauitiiti who has been finding his form again this season and Maguire and Jones-Buchanan are still out, Warrington welcome back a few players mainly Gleeson and Briers, who will no doubt bring that organisation to the team that thay have been missing while he's been out. Leeds will want to bounce back strongly after their first defeat, but i think Warrington are not the kind of team to roll over and let the Rhino's dictate the game, They are missing Westwood which is a big blow, but still have a pack which can cope with whatever Rhino's throw at them. And with Hicks and King in the backs they will be a threat to the Leeds line. Warrington +10.5 10/11 @ Totesport

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 10pts Catalans +12 to beat Wigan 8/11 Paddy Power Catalans Dragons are absolutely buzzing at the minute and they'll go to the JJB in good spirits after beating Huddersfield away last week. Wigan had a real morale boosting win at Leeds in an epic contest and could well bring their star man Trent Barrett back into the mix tonight too which would be a further boost. However the days when the French side were a soft touch on the road appear to be long gone. Lest we forget that in this country last year the Dragons caused one of the biggest Challenge Cup upsets of all time when they beat the Warriors in the semi final of that competition. With the likes of Thomas Bosc and Adam Mogg in such good form this Catalans side have everything they need to stay close to Wigan tonight. Casey Maguire returns for Catalans too and he's every bit as important to them as Barrett is to Wigan. Catalans forwards have been superb in recent weeks and Wigan could just suffer a bit of a hangover after last weeks bruising encounter. Catalans in contrast ran out comfortable winners against Huddersfield and had the extra day to rest and I'm confident they'll stay within 2 scores of Wigan.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Cheers Punto, nowt like a bit of pressure :ok Going to have a go on Matt Cook scoring on his debut for Castleford, he's scored once this season for Bradford and i'm sure will be very keen to get stuck and impress his coach. Hills more than double all other books on this. Matt Cook anytime scorer 6/1 William Hills

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11

Cheers Punto, nowt like a bit of pressure :ok Going to have a go on Matt Cook scoring on his debut for Castleford, he's scored once this season for Bradford and i'm sure will be very keen to get stuck and impress his coach. Hills more than double all other books on this. Matt Cook anytime scorer 6/1 William Hills
Great call mate - and boy did we need it :ok

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Didn't get to watch much of the Cas game as I've received a bit of bad news but good win for hull. No criticism of Kevshat and Ronnie as i came to the same conclusion but I think we might have got carried away with last weeks scorelines. Looking at Hull's side out tonight its still better than Cas IMO. If Saints had beaten Cas last week, I think everyone would have thought differently. (obviously though the line would have been more in Hulls favour). I honestly can't get my head round it, how can Cas beat Leeds, Saints and then lose at home against a Hull side that is struggling? Good call though with Matt Cook and Cats! Super league is getting very hard to judge IMO. Even on outright markets! We might get to the point soon where a lot of games are going off scratch ;) Anyone else losing confidence?

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Just in case anyone doesn't know Wakefield have a horrendous injury list (11 at the last count I think) and have had to bring in a few academy lads for the trip to hudds. We are SEVERELY depleted, we've had injury crises before but this is the worst I can ever remember it being. Hudds -4 is 1.53 with Laddies, a shoo-in IMO. I'm tempted to have a piece of the Hudds -20 at 4s with willhill.

Just in case anyone doesn't know Wakefield have a horrendous injury list (11 at the last count I think) and have had to bring in a few academy lads for the trip to hudds. We are SEVERELY depleted, we've had injury crises before but this is the worst I can ever remember it being. Hudds -4 is 1.53 with Laddies, a shoo-in IMO. I'm tempted to have a piece of the Hudds -20 at 4s with willhill.
Yes mate, also Wakefield's record over the years against Huddersfield has been very poor to say the least. Last season Huddesfield beat Wakefield for their first win of the season and then went 8 games unbeaten if I recall correctly.

Yes mate' date=' also Wakefield's record over the years against Huddersfield has been very poor to say the least. Last season Huddesfield beat Wakefield for their first win of the season and then went 8 games unbeaten if I recall correctly.[/quote'] Yeah, we're jinxed against hudds. I think we've had a couple of games lately where we've been 20 pts up and still lost. Consensus on the wakey forum is that the young lads will probably have a better chance as they don't have the hoodoo hanging over them. I'm not convinced, although John kear IS the master of pulling off the big one-off performance. Still Hudds by a big margin for me though, I think.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Not having a bet on the outcome in tonights Huddersfield/Wakefield match, Wakey always seem to do me one way or another and i'm sure with all the players missing they will struggle, but the wildcats with their backs against the wall could well throw up yet another Super league shock. Going to Back Luke Robinson to score, he's quick to spot a gap and doesn't mind going on his own from the play the ball on the opponents line. he's the clubs leading scorer but hasn't scored in four games so is due one tonight. Again Hills offer the biggest price by a long way with Totesport going a tight 5/4. Luke Robinson anytime scorer 9/4 @ William Hills

Not having a bet on the outcome in tonights Huddersfield/Wakefield match, Wakey always seem to do me one way or another and i'm sure with all the players missing they will struggle, but the wildcats with their backs against the wall could well throw up yet another Super league shock. Going to Back Luke Robinson to score, he's quick to spot a gap and doesn't mind going on his own from the play the ball on the opponents line. he's the clubs leading scorer but hasn't scored in four games so is due one tonight. Again Hills offer the biggest price by a long way with Totesport going a tight 5/4. Luke Robinson anytime scorer 9/4 @ William Hills
:ok Good call yet again Ronnie, I backed Huddersfield on the outright. Been a poor weekend for me! :sad

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 11 Cheers :ok Not been too bad a weekend so far, going for the hat trick with try scorers by backing Shontayne Hape to score for the Bulls against a Hull KR side that are missing both 1st team centres. Hape hasn't really started to score yet, a season lost through injury last year may have lost him his sharpness, but i think that that big centre will relish the chance to take on a weakened Robins back line. Shontayne Hape anytime scorer 7/4 @ Skybet