** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - April 9th ** Man U v Roma Live Feed**

Re: Champions League - April 9th TO QUALIFY FOR SEMI-FINAL:

Wednesday 9 April 2008Team 1 Team 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
FC Barcelona v FC Schalke 04 (19:45BST)1.0813.00100%Details »
Hide « FC Barcelona v FC Schalke 04
Manchester United v AS Roma (19:45BST)1.0425.00100%Details »

Re: Champions League - April 9th It will be very interesting to see whether Rio is fit for Man Utd. They looked awful at the back without Vidic on Sunday, and if they were to lose Rio as well, then a home win becomes much less of a certainty (as I feel it would be with a full strength team...). Certainly one to keep an eye on.

Re: Champions League - April 9th 25.0 for roma to qualify is a total joke. United have serious injuries at the back, and if they lose a early goal could be in trouble. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's certainly a value bet

Re: Champions League - April 9th Agree completely with above statement... they will be lacking a few attacking options (Mainly totti) whom I thought would be back for this match but If Ferdinand does not play and Manchester underestimate them an interesting situation may evolve at Old Trafford... My bets all low stake speculative: 3 units Over 3.5 @ 3.9 3 units Roma (To win Any half) @ 2.60 1 unit Roma (To score 3 or more) @ 11 1 unit Roma (To qualify) @ 21 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ...I know it all looks silly however after Liverpool yesterday I think I am just in a speculative mood...:ok

Re: Champions League - April 9th Barcelona-Schalke, Schalke AH +1.0 & +1.5 1.85 (betfair) Barcelona is having problems lately, in and out of the field. A very poor Valencia left them out of the Cup final and they've lost all their chances in Liga in the last games. They are now low on confidence and I don't expect an open game from their side. Deco, Messi and Ronaldinho still out. Schalke is a solid team, I don't think they will rush to score. They will wait for a chance and won't be unhappy with a halftime 0-0. BARCELONA: Valdés; Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Márquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Bojan, Eto'o and Henry. SCHALKE 04: Neuer; Rafinha, Bordon, Krstajic, Westermann; Jones, Ernst; Asamoah, Pander; Hamil Altintop and Kuranyi.

Re: Champions League - April 9th the worry with schalke at the moment is they are struggling to score goals, kuranyi is off form at the moment and they don't have much a goal threat around the rest of the team, not one I'd rush to get involved in.

Re: Champions League - April 9th I can't see anything bar a Utd win tonight and a clean sheet. They made 2 mistakes at Boro and got punished for it but Im sure Sir Alex will have them up for this despite looking like an easy 2nd leg. Handicap Manchester United -1goal @ 6/4 with JAXX Barca however I just have a feeling they might fook up tonight but go through 2-1. I think Schalke could spring a surprise, they have nothing to lose and could cause problems with Barca missing a couple of key players and in their current form of 1 league win in 6 matches dont warrant odds on. Draw 10/3 BlueSq

Re: Champions League - April 9th I'm thinking I might go with time of first goal after 32 minutes @ 1.83 in the Barca Shalke game tonight. Barca will surely look to start the game solidly without flying forward in the early stages and should hopefully be a tight affair for the first half hour or so.

Re: Champions League - April 9th

I'm thinking I might go with time of first goal after 32 minutes @ 1.83 in the Barca Shalke game tonight. Barca will surely look to start the game solidly without flying forward in the early stages and should hopefully be a tight affair for the first half hour or so.
Just lettin u know PPower are 10/11 for 1st goal after 27th minute...dunno bout the rest of the bookies but just lettin u know.....gettin better odds for shorter time...

I can't see anything bar a Utd win tonight and a clean sheet. They made 2 mistakes at Boro and got punished for it but Im sure Sir Alex will have them up for this despite looking like an easy 2nd leg. Handicap Manchester United -1goal @ 6/4 with JAXX
2 Mistakes? I'm not sure I watched the same game as you, Man Utd's defence was an absolute shambles at the weekend. The absence of Vidic at the back had them at 6's and 7's for long periods, basic mistakes leading to people drifting out of position to cover each other and so on. I've no idea if Roma have the players to trouble them with the high ball like Boro did, but it was a lot more than just 2 mistakes at Boro!

Barcelona vs Schalke- Under 2.5 goals. Barcelona recently struggling to find the net are without messi' date=' ronaldinho.[/quote'] I'm not sure how you concluded that they are struggling to find the net. Before the 0-0 draw with Getafe and the 1-0 win at Schalke they had games that finished 2-3, 4-1, 2-2, 1-2, 2-4, 5-1, 2-1 before you reach their last under. In the 0-0 there was a total of 31 shots at goal! And Schalke had 20 (!) efforts against them in the first leg, somehow not scoring. Its true that they miss Messi, but to be honest I don't see the absence of Ronaldinho as a big deal for them considering how he has been playing in the last 18 months. However, I'm not sure I'd play on the overs myself, as if Barca go 1-0 up then this tie could easily fizzle out with Schalke chasing shadows on the huge Camp Nou pitch.

Re: Champions League - April 9th Man Utd - Roma over 3.5 Coming into the second leg, Man Utd hold a comfortable 2-0 lead however they are fortunate for this as Roma did have opportuniies to score in the first leg. Nw without Vidic in defence, and with Roma having nothing to lose, you would expect that Roma to this time take advantage of their chances and score, while Man Utd are always likely to score at home. Should be some goals in this game. Barcelona - Schalke under 2.5 Barcelona lead 1-0 after the first leg but go into this game without their main attacking players in Messi, Deco and Ronaldinho. Schalke too have several injuries to their side which makes it all the mroe difficult for them as they go to the Nou Camp. Barcelona have gone under in their last 2 CL games while Schalke too have gne under in 4 of their last 5 games including their last 2 away. Barca without their main players will look to protect their lead from the first leg while Schalke also lack creativity without some of their players

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBarcelona v Schalke
SelectionSchalke (+1.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningI think Schalke's chances are being underestimated here and it should be a closer match than the books suggest. Barcelona, despite being known for their attacking prowess arent firing at the moment - they have failed to score more than once in 8 of their last 10 home matches - the 2 exceptions to this were against relegation strugglers. Schalke were extremely unlucky in the 1st leg to come away with a defeat and they are capable of a good show tonight.

Re: Champions League - April 9th Barcelona @ 1.40 to beat schalke I believe is good value. A lot has been said about Barca struggling to score without Ron and messi but the champs league quarter finals is not an ordinary match, big players step up on nights like these and i have little doubt someone like Henry, Bojan or most probably Eto will do just that, I dont rate Schalke and I think 1 will be enough hence my believe 1.40 is a good bet! Also gonna have a very small dabble on Roma to qualify tonight, Bookies and general public clearly underestimate them, they obviously have not seen Roma week in week out this year and i'm sure must have missed the first leg when Roma could have scored 4 goals, Manchester were lucky to even score 1 let alone they 2 they did, both were not chances crafted via clever play they where just gifts from above- a poor ball in to the box which ronaldo had no right to smash in with his head and the second was just a fumble from Doni the Roma keeper. I'm not saying Roma will make it for sure its just obvious there is value there.

Re: Champions League - April 9th Man Utd team to play Roma: Van Der Sar Brown Ferdinand Pique Silvestre Park Hargreaves Carrick Anderson Giggs Tevez Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes all on the bench. Utd still have quality to win the game but without a full strength team it puts me off backing them.

Man Utd team to play Roma: Van Der Sar Brown Ferdinand Pique Silvestre Park Hargreaves Carrick Anderson Giggs Tevez Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes all on the bench. Utd still have quality to win the game but without a full strength team it puts me off backing them.
Would have to agree here, Pique at the back looks a weak link and definatly not very experienced at this level, however as you say Man Utd have quality to win the game and especially with Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes capable of coming off the bench.

Barcelona @ 1.40 to beat schalke I believe is good value. A lot has been said about Barca struggling to score without Ron and messi but the champs league quarter finals is not an ordinary match, big players step up on nights like these and i have little doubt someone like Henry, Bojan or most probably Eto will do just that, I dont rate Schalke and I think 1 will be enough hence my believe 1.40 is a good bet! :beer