** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - April 8th

Re: Champions League - April 8th Chelsea Line up Cudicini Essien Terry Carvalho A.Cole Makelele J.Cole Lampard Ballack Kalou Drogba Now that is a strong line up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Attacking line up from chelsea, I expect them to win 2-0 or 3-0... Kezmen on the bench, no R.Carlos and thats good news for chelsea... Take chelsea to qualify 4/11.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - April 8th Liverpool v arsenal Lay 9 or less corners 2.24 @BETFAIR Although there was only 9 and 8 corners in the last two encounters i can see this game being end to end with arsenal needing to score and the danger of liverpool on the break. The longer the game goes on the more it will open up imo. If Arsenal score first then Liverpool need to come out. As long as it is not 1-1 at a fairly early stage which would probably result in a very cagy ending to the match ,i think this is a good bet. sorry for such a late post. gl

Re: Champions League - April 8th i cant beleive people actually thought liverpool should be favourites, how many times can you get outplayed? still knowing my luck, and liverpools luck in this competition, arsenal will get a player sent off, will concede a dubious penalty and end up losing this game.

Re: Champions League - April 8th

Just a small point here' date= Sevilla did keep a clean sheet on Sunday at home to Villareal, which failed me and few more guys in the Spanish thread, and this is not the only clean sheet the had in the last 6 months. As of your pick - looks good at these odds, some will probably follow, I hope then Chelsea score 3 as the Over in another post above looks better to me. Good luck
It was a bit tongue in cheek mate , i didnt have time to research tbh , its just Seville always seem to be involved in 3-2 and 4-1 games . Just scanned the league results for this season and theyve managed 6 clean sheets in 31 games . They also just said on ITV (bit late i know) that Fener have won just 1 of their last 15 away in europe and scored just 4 goals in those away games . latest 1-0 70 mins

Tonight's bets Arsenal win - £15 @ 13/5 Pinnacle Liv v Ars Over 2.5 goals - £25 @ 7/5 Expekt Che v Fen CS 2-0 - £12 @ 11/2 Ladbrokes Che v Fen CS 3-0 - £8 @ 8/1 Stan James Good luck all
£60 on, £138 back :ok Well done all winners. Except lucky Liverpool :@

Hi all, Gone for two seperate bets this evening, both purely for interests sake, firstly Liverpool to win ( reasoning I gave myself was simply home advantage with the Kop adding a bit of passion to the team ) and Secondly, Stevie Gerrad to score anytime, hes always a danger with long range efforts. GL ALL SB
:nana:nana:nana:nana what a cracking game :nana:nana:nana:nana

Re: Champions League - April 8th 5 minutes to time it looked like my bets were correct...:tongue2

liverpool-arsenal are two teams that are really impossible to say which one is better atm and who will dominate the match...both of them have talented players of the highest class...still here i stick to home win by 1 goal @3,6 as liverpool´s squad seems more compact to me atm. chelsea-fenerbahce turks keep on dreamin their big european dream and are just few steps of the semis...they are showing good team play with solid midfield (alex, aurelio)...chelsea will have to push hard to get to the semis...i don´t know who will go further but here i predict home win by 1 goal @3,6 as well...i think it is highly possible we will see an extra time here and maybe penalty kick-out!

Re: Champions League - April 8th :moon:nana:nana:nana:loonLucky? :moon time and again we always do it!!! Arsenal contributed to a great game but Liverpool worthy winners! pity your such a sore LOSER! :cow:clap:cow:clap:loon:cow

£60 on, £138 back :ok Well done all winners. Except lucky Liverpool :@

:moon:nana:nana:nana:loonLucky? :moon time and again we always do it!!! Arsenal contributed to a great game but Liverpool worthy winners! pity your such a sore LOSER! :cow:clap:cow:clap:loon:cow
I am neither an Arsenal nor a Liverpool fan, just an impartial observer. Not bothered about the losing Arsenal bet either as made a v nice profit anyway. The fact is though - Kuyt on Hleb last week was more of a penalty than Toure on Babel tonight. Somehow Liverpool manage to scrape through time and again - late late winners, 'non-goals' [Chelsea], surviveblatant penalty appeals, winning soft penalties.... Was a cracker of a game tonight, but over the 180 minutes, Arsenal deserve the SF place. IMO :unsure

Re: Champions League - April 8th 2 legged tie! Liverpool did what they had to do at The Emirates! Then tonight at Anfield WORTHY WINNERS! Any person who knows about Football especailly in this format Champions League at this stage should know the all important tie is the 2nd leg! Tue Apr 8 2008 UEFA Champions League

Liverpool Hyypia 30 Torres 69 Gerrard 86 (pen) Babel 90 4-2 (1-1)Arsenal Diaby 13 Adebayor 84
Bookings: Senderos 17ycard.gif Toure 85ycard.gif

cccccc.gifLIVERPOOLb40000.gifARSENAL Possession
52%48%

Shots on target

Shots off target
Corners
Fouls
STATS DON'T LIE where is the luck in them tonight? You've done your money accept it! :nana:nana:nana

Chelsea -1 looks good to me 5/6 Fener are ok at home but expect Chelsea to brush them aside at the bridge, its dangerous backing chelsea -1 as they'll probably settle for 1-0 as it suits their 'cautious' or 'boring' style of play. On the other hand the turks might lose their dicipline of they go down a goal and could get opened up as they push forward for a goal.
:beer:beer:beer Lucky Liverpool??:lol sour grapes me thinks.:tongue2

Re: Champions League - April 8th methinks not sour grapes... a week ago should have been a penalty tonight should not have been a penalty simple facts Arsenal was much better team throughout both games, some "Liverpool CL magic" and the above mentioned stole the semis from Arsenal still, I don't think Chelsea will let the red b****** do it again and justice will be done :sad

My bets for today: Liverpool-Arsenal Liverpool is aiming only at this trophy while Arsenal has more on their plate. Liverpool rested many players over the weekend clearly indicating that they're focus is on this competition in order to achieve something good this season. After losing the 1st CL game at home to Marseille 0-1, Liverpool won the other three CL home games: 8-0 against Besiktas, 4-1 against Porto and 2-0 against Inter Milan. Arsenal has a 2-1-1 away record in the CL which is quite good in this competition but I expect Liverpool's striking power to get the best at the end. My pick: home win; won Chelsea-Fenerbahce Chelsea surely has an impressive home record even in the CL but this is the opportunity of a lifetime for the Turkish side, their coach and most of their players and they will surely fight for it. In 4 away games and 9 overall games so far this season in the CL Fenerbahce has only lost one (3-0 away to Inter Milan). This is quite an impressive record in the CL. The price is just too tempting for me at this stage of the CL. My picks: away +1.5AH (Asian Handicap) and Fenerbahce to qualify; lost&lost Good luck! JC
Watched the Chelsea game and IMO they were extremely lucky (and might as well thank 3rd choice keeper Hilário for his great saves in the 2nd half). They didn't play well and got an important early goal...everything went their way without them justifying it. Luck will not always be on their side and, playing like they did tonight, I doubt it they'll make it to the finals for the 1st time in their history. Cheers. JC

Re: Champions League - April 8th Chelsea could consider themselves fortunate tonight. Whist getting an early goal they once again did not finish the tie off and made it a nervy end of the game. My bet of Ballack 1st Goal and Fener not to score won me a nice £123.50! Bring on the Liverpool it is our time now surely ?!?!?

Re: Champions League - April 8th Liverpool ''lucky'', Chelsea ''lucky'' - Fener ''unlucky'', Arsenal ''unlucky'' ???? :loon JC, with all respect I can't see Chelsea being lucky. Facts are clear - scored an early goal, exactly what they needed, finished the first half in top gear. On another day just Drogba would have had a hattrick. True, Fener had great chances in the second half, missed them, got punished again. The fact that they are at 1/4 finals is good enough to expect them to create, attack, play well, which they did, hats off to Fenerbahce :clap. Still, if Jose M was still in charge, Chelsea's performance instead of ''lucky'' would have been probably branded as ''typical'', ''clinical'', ''calculating'', etc. Overall in both legs Chelsea was the better team, got what they deserve, well done!!! As of Liverpool I admit I expected Arsenal to go through, but anyone calling L'pool lucky, well...It is not the score only that speaks, it is the stats and all we need to do is remember last 2 seasons in CL. If they were lucky tonight, then in Istanbul they were what??? Soft penalties, weird goals, opponents mistakes, etc - it is all part of the game. And like they say '' The God of Luck and Fortune are strange c@nts, but in the end they help those who are better prepared''..... Well done to all winners :clap, I messed it up with my Over in London. NOW, that's unlucky, with all the chances both teams missed

Re: Champions League - April 8th crying_baby.jpg

methinks not sour grapes... a week ago should have been a penalty tonight should not have been a penalty simple facts Arsenal was much better team throughout both games, some "Liverpool CL magic" and the above mentioned stole the semis from Arsenal still, I don't think Chelsea will let the red b****** do it again and justice will be done :sad

Liverpool ''lucky'', Chelsea ''lucky'' - Fener ''unlucky'', Arsenal ''unlucky'' ???? :loon JC, with all respect I can't see Chelsea being lucky. Facts are clear - scored an early goal, exactly what they needed, finished the first half in top gear. On another day just Drogba would have had a hattrick. True, Fener had great chances in the second half, missed them, got punished again. The fact that they are at 1/4 finals is good enough to expect them to create, attack, play well, which they did, hats off to Fenerbahce :clap. Still, if Jose M was still in charge, Chelsea's performance instead of ''lucky'' would have been probably branded as ''typical'', ''clinical'', ''calculating'', etc. Overall in both legs Chelsea was the better team, got what they deserve, well done!!! As of Liverpool I admit I expected Arsenal to go through, but anyone calling L'pool lucky, well...It is not the score only that speaks, it is the stats and all we need to do is remember last 2 seasons in CL. If they were lucky tonight, then in Istanbul they were what??? Soft penalties, weird goals, opponents mistakes, etc - it is all part of the game. And like they say '' The God of Luck and Fortune are strange c@nts, but in the end they help those who are better prepared''..... Well done to all winners :clap, I messed it up with my Over in London. NOW, that's unlucky, with all the chances both teams missed
Well said! Couldn't agree more. Arsenal imo can count themselves unlucky to be out. They were an absolute joy to watch, especially early on, but the fact that Liverpool were behind at the emirates, behind tonight early on, and going out with five minutes left but came back every time to go through says it all about the passion, spirit and belief in that team so for anyone to say they were lucky is being unfair imo. Liverpool deserve to take their place in the semi's But well done to both teams on classic game of football.

Re: Champions League - April 8th the tie was def was decided on the 2 penalty incidents, of which Arsenal can count themselves unfortunate in the 1st leg but I think last night was a penalty also albeit not the stick-on variety that the one at the Emirates was - one thing that seems to be forgotten here : What the hell was Toure doing getting himself tangled in the box with Babel ??? 5 minutes to go - surely he knows the risks in getting himself tangled with him after getting caught on the wrong side, Hypia was outdone by Walcotts speed for Adebayor's leveller yet takes a concious decision not to take him out. If Toure defended with 1 iota of common-sense Arsenal would likely be in the semis and this wouldnt be a talking point.

STATS DON'T LIE where is the luck in them tonight?
Actually that's not always the case. I mean there are games like last night, one team wins the stats. But IMHO neither keeper had much to do really, the shots that was good were goals. What is luck if not escaping a clear penalty in 1st leg and winning a very suspect penalty in the 2nd. Teams have luck, you cannot deny that and Liverpool had lot of it. Arsenal were completely dominant in the 1st leg and first 30min of the 2nd. Liverpool got the result they wanted from the 1st. The 1-1 in 2nd leg was vital to Liverpool as the game became much closer and they dominated at spells, especially after their 2-1. Then Walcott makes that fantastic run only to be denied a crucial goal by a very suspect penalty. It should have been a freekick as Fabregas is the one pulling Babel (just outside the area) and Touré runs behind him harldly coming in contact. Overall Arsenal were worthy to go through in a tight 2-leg game, but Liverpool were the team to have most of the luck (and Arsenal have Senderos :eek;))...sometimes that is what is needed to win games. What's done is done I guess...well done to all that won last night, no games I wanted to get involved in. :ok

Re: Champions League - April 8th Arsenal without a shadow of doubt deserved to advance to the semis however football and gambling its not always about whats deserved, its about what happened and in this case Liverpool scrapped through. I'm not particularly happy about the way it happened but moving on as a football fan i believe that Chelsea will be far too strong for Liverpool especially with the second leg at the bridge in the semis therefore as a gambler i`m extremely excited about my potential to make some money!

Re: Champions League - April 8th Obvious you ain't got a clue about football - ref was playing advantage in letting play continue as the ball was at Babels' feet and no matter which rose tinted spectacles you were wearing Toure pulled Babel back!!! The first leg incident was also a penalty but not given but no matter what if Arsenal had got the penalty in the 1st leg they still had to score it and even then if they did score it the scoreline brought to Anfield would have been 2 v 1 to Arsenal and on my calculations over the 2 legs LIVERPOOL would have won through 5 v 4 - Give it up!!! Liverpool won simple and plain! no matter how pretty Arsenal played...

Actually that's not always the case. I mean there are games like last night, one team wins the stats. But IMHO neither keeper had much to do really, the shots that was good were goals. What is luck if not escaping a clear penalty in 1st leg and winning a very suspect penalty in the 2nd. Teams have luck, you cannot deny that and Liverpool had lot of it. Arsenal were completely dominant in the 1st leg and first 30min of the 2nd. Liverpool got the result they wanted from the 1st. The 1-1 in 2nd leg was vital to Liverpool as the game became much closer and they dominated at spells, especially after their 2-1. Then Walcott makes that fantastic run only to be denied a crucial goal by a very suspect penalty. It should have been a freekick as Fabregas is the one pulling Babel (just outside the area) and Touré runs behind him harldly coming in contact. Overall Arsenal were worthy to go through in a tight 2-leg game, but Liverpool were the team to have most of the luck (and Arsenal have Senderos :eek;))...sometimes that is what is needed to win games. What's done is done I guess...well done to all that won last night, no games I wanted to get involved in. :ok

Re: Champions League - April 8th That's what everybody believed in 2007 & 2005! Yeah go ahead put your nuts on Chelsea winning hopefully there'll plenty more mugs like you and Liverpools' price will get pushed out further for me to win a packet!!!

Arsenal without a shadow of doubt deserved to advance to the semis however football and gambling its not always about whats deserved' date=' its about what happened and in this case Liverpool scrapped through. I'm not particularly happy about the way it happened but moving on as a football fan i believe that Chelsea will be far too strong for Liverpool especially with the second leg at the bridge in the semis therefore as a gambler i`m extremely excited about my potential to make some money![/quote']

That's what everybody believed in 2007 & 2005! Yeah go ahead put your nuts on Chelsea winning hopefully there'll plenty more mugs like you and Liverpools' price will get pushed out further for me to win a packet!!!
haha, mugs like me?? listen to yourself, bet your one of these follows your team blind "mugs". hopefully meet you on betfair and i'll be getting your cash in my pocket!! haha oh by the way, not the same as 05 and 07 as this time the second leg is at the bridge and the only reason liverpool made it through in those semis was because of home advantage in the second leg!

Re: Champions League - April 8th Yep mugs like you!!! ;) see you on betfair...

haha' date=' mugs like me?? listen to yourself, bet your one of these follows your team blind "mugs". hopefully meet you on betfair and i'll be getting your cash in my pocket!! haha oh by the way, not the same as 05 and 07 as this time the second leg is at the bridge and the only reason liverpool made it through in those semis was because of home advantage in the second leg![/quote']

methinks not sour grapes... a week ago should have been a penalty tonight should not have been a penalty simple facts Arsenal was much better team throughout both games, some "Liverpool CL magic" and the above mentioned stole the semis from Arsenal still, I don't think Chelsea will let the red b****** do it again and justice will be done :sad
here's a simple aggregate fact for you 5-3:ok;)

The first leg incident was also a penalty but not given but no matter what if Arsenal had got the penalty in the 1st leg they still had to score it and even then if they did score it the scoreline brought to Anfield would have been 2 v 1 to Arsenal and on my calculations over the 2 legs LIVERPOOL would have won through 5 v 4 - Give it up!!! Liverpool won simple and plain! no matter how pretty Arsenal played...
Thats nonsense though because Babels goal wouldnt have happened in that situation. Its all if's and but's anyway - its over and wont change. Try enjoying the fact your in the semi's again instead of getting stressed on here!