** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4

Arsenal v Liverpool The first of three meetings in a week for these two sides but significant that the odds posted for the two games at the Emirates have Arsenal as a shorter favourite in the Premiership match than in this CL fixture. I'm in agreement with the compilers here, Liverpool's expertise in Europe under Benitez is well proven with two Final appearances including the famous win in Istanbul under his tenure. While Rafa struggles with the long haul of the league, there will never be any question of team rotation in Europe's premier cup competition. There are several important pointers here which suggest that Liverpool are worth siding with for this fixture. First looking at recent form, Arsenal are clearly in the doldrums, the great escape against Bolton merely hides the fact that they have suffered a major slump recently with that last minute win their first in eight matches including poor efforts against Boro, Wigan and Birmingham. Liverpool meanwhile are on a run of 8/9 wins the solitary negative a dismal loss to Man U when comedy from Reina and idiocy from Mascherano cost them their chances. Then let's look at the key positions. It's baffling that someone with Wenger's eye for quality has still not addressed the key position of goalkeeper. Since Seaman retired this has proved their achilles heel - while the stats may show that they don't concede many, this is normal for a top level club. It is only in the key matches that this will really be highlighted and both Alumunia and Lehmann have been found wanting in these situations. Of course many will argue that Reina is exactly the same (and i'd have to agree) however in a toss up I would certainly take Pepe over Arsenal's pair anytime. Furthermore upfront Adebayor has lost form so much that he was dropped against Bolton while one of the revelations of the season, Sagna is injured. This means that Arsenal will have to rejig their defence and are more reliant on Van Persie who is still regaining match sharpness for goals. Liverpool have no such worries - their key men Gerrard and Torres in particular are on sparkling form. This will be a tight match but it's hard not to see Liverpool getting at least a draw here. Small value on the AH with +0.25 @2.0 the pick with Canbet.

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 My bets for today in the Champions League: Arsenal-Liverpool Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool has really not much to gain in the EPL this season so they'll be turning their focus into the Champions League. Recent form also seems to suggest that Liverpool is doing better at the moment: Arsenal has a 3-5-2 overall record in their last 10 games while Liverpool has a 8-2-0 overall record in their last 10 games. Rafa Benitez is good at this type of competition and IMO he'll be happy with a draw and look at deciding the game in the return leg. Arsenal has home advantage and a great team but the better form of Liverpool and the fact that the squad is fully fit make me think of a tight game and a likely draw. My pick: draw; Fenerbahce-Chelsea It is hard to play in Turkey and it is tough to play away to Fenerbahce. They're doing great in the CL this season (3 home wins in 3 games in the Group stage) and also have a 11-2-1 home record in the Turkish league. They have many quality and experienced players and are be hard to beat. Still, Chelsea surely has more quality and are the favorites to advance into the next round but I don't expect them to take many risks tomorrow as a draw would be a good result for them. My pick: draw; Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 Arsenal v Liverpool - 1st Leg Champions League Quarter-Finals The important factor here for me is discipline! Player and disciplinary info Gael Clichy, Denilson, Emmanuel Adebayor, Aleksandr Hleb and Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal) and Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool) will miss the second leg of this tie if shown a yellow card. (Taken from BBC Sport Website) Different kettle of fish european referees although Pieter Vink (Ned) has only officiated 2 games so far and handed out just 4 yellow cards and he will be taking on this first leg. I truely hope we don't see the referee spoiling this game for either side and handing out harsh yellow cards meaning players will miss the vital 2nd leg. Right down to the business of my prediction for this game! Arsenal will be bouyed by a tremendous fightback to win with 10 men v Bolton last saturday. That was a game they dearly needed to win to keep up any remote chance they have in the premier league. Liverpool will also take to the field with confidence restored after their 1 nil win v Everton on sunday. The game is going to be quite cagey as Arsene Wenger has stated that he wants to win this tie and go to Anfield with an advantage. This could ultimately play into Liverpools' hands though as Liverpool have proven time and again over 2 legs in europe that they have the game plan to beat anybody in this format. Key areas where the game is going to be won or lost is midfield and Arsenal have the upper hand in creativity, however Liverpool have the upper hand in steel and tackling. I feel Liverpool will win this battle and nulify Arsenal's creative abilities on the pitch. I don't see many or if any goals at a push maybe one for either side but this I am sure will come from a set piece if there is to be one! Now to make some money in this game it's best to air on the side of caution and my predictions: Draw @3.10 Paddypower No Goalscorer @7.00 Paddypower (also gives us for an own goal if that is how the first goal is scored and a 0 v 0 scoreline) Number of Goals 0 - 1 @2.63 Paddypower Specultaive chance - J Reina to save a penalty @21.00 Paddypower Draw 9 or less corners Card Index:Up to and Including 35 points @15.00 Paddypower Card Index up to and including 35 points @2.20 Paddypower :hope

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 You just fancy that 1 or even both of these games could end in a draw. On that basis might have 2 single draw bets. At least if 1 comes in you would make a nice little profit. To be honest both games are to close to call IMO. Goodluck everyone.

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 156994.jpg i think we can get a result at the Emirates tonight, an away goal would be huge. The one area we look vunerable is crosses from out wide in and around the six yard box where Pepe has looked dodgy at best, Arsenal dont tend to throw cross after cross into the mixer, they'll try and thread little passes through our down the sides of Liverpool, this is where Mascherano and young Lucas must be on top of there game. With the pace of Torres on the counter attack, there's always a chance, expect Rafa to play the same side that won in the San Siro against Inter. Liverpool +0.5

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 Liverpool Arsenal were the best team in the EPL for the first half of the season but have slipped in the second half. Even recently they have allowed points to be dropped and coming into this CL game, they don't have the best current form even if they managed to beat a poor Bolton side with 10 men on the weekend. They now meet a team who is well prepared when it comes ot playing these cup games. Liverpool will be boosted by the return of Mascherano in the midfield and with the very good form of Gerrard and Torres, they will be extremely hard to beat. Liverpool are good value to edge this and set up the return fixture at Anfield with a slim lead Chelsea Fenerbahce are a tough team to beat at home but they face a Chelsea side that has only conceded 2 goals in 8 games so far in the CL this season. With Drogba up front they have a proven match winner and look for him to cause plenty of problems for the Fener defence. At the back, Terry and Carvalho have the experience to nullify Kezman (who was a flop at Chelsea) and co. Chelsea to take a lead back to London as nerves take over some of the Fener players

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4

Does anybody know any bookies that offer prices on how first goal is scored in a match? eg' date='... from open play or set piece?[/quote'] Ladbrokes has following options: How will the first goal be scored? Right Leg - 1.66 Left Leg - 4.50 Header and any other body part - 4.50 No Goal - 6.00 I hope this could be useful for you. GL tonight :hope

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 over 2 in Fener and Chelsea game for me odds near evens, Chelsea hopefully with atomic midfield with Ballack and Lampard..ok if these two play, Kalou who uses both his legs only for climbing a bus, can also play and score an empty netter...and yeah...Roberto Carlos is back for Fener..so Chelsea to score should be a banker...ok..another side of the coin..sure Chelski great at back, but..Fener with Zico on bench, 30 Brazilians in 1st eleven..heck..two goals...yeah, they can be achieved...

My bets for today in the Champions League: Arsenal-Liverpool Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool has really not much to gain in the EPL this season so they'll be turning their focus into the Champions League. Recent form also seems to suggest that Liverpool is doing better at the moment: Arsenal has a 3-5-2 overall record in their last 10 games while Liverpool has a 8-2-0 overall record in their last 10 games. Rafa Benitez is good at this type of competition and IMO he'll be happy with a draw and look at deciding the game in the return leg. Arsenal has home advantage and a great team but the better form of Liverpool and the fact that the squad is fully fit make me think of a tight game and a likely draw. My pick: draw; Fenerbahce-Chelsea It is hard to play in Turkey and it is tough to play away to Fenerbahce. They're doing great in the CL this season (3 home wins in 3 games in the Group stage) and also have a 11-2-1 home record in the Turkish league. They have many quality and experienced players and are be hard to beat. Still, Chelsea surely has more quality and are the favorites to advance into the next round but I don't expect them to take many risks tomorrow as a draw would be a good result for them. My pick: draw; Good luck! JC
Good luck,I bet like you ;)

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 2 doubles here Arse/Liver draw + Fener/Chelsea draw 9.3 Arse/Liver draw + Chelsea 6.45 Benitez is the master at getting results in an away tie in the CL. They come into this on good form while the Gunners are struggling although their comeback against Bolton will have boosted morale. Liverpool will have two banks of four and be very difficult to break down. Wenger said a 0-0 in the 1st leg isn't always the worst result and if the match is stalemate after an hour then both sides will probably settle for this. Fenerbahce have won all their home games in Europe this season and will make life difficult in front of their hostile crowd for Chelsea. However, Chelsea will be well organized with Terry, Carvalho and Makele sitting in front of them and in Drogba have a matchwinner and goalscoring machine. Fener should not be underestimated by any means and with their great home record thats why ill cover the draw which wouldn't be a bad result for Chelsea but it has been profitable to back English sides on their travels in Europe this season and id be surprised if Chelsea lost this with the players and experience they have so have covered both the draw and away win. Here's hoping for better luck than last night, good luck all :ok

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 First post on here and wishing you all gl with your bets!! Ars v Liv: Think Liv will try and keep it very tight early on and will gradually open up in an attempt to get that all important away goal. Not sure 0-0 suits either but may slightly be in Ars favour so not convinced they will be too open either. Can see Liv nicking a goal with a late equaliser from Ars. My bets are as follows: Ht/Ft: Liv - Draw 14/1 £10 Ft: Draw 21/10 £50 Torres first goal e/w (saver Gerrard e/w) 6/1 & 9/1 £20e.w & £10e.w 1-1 5/1 £20 Total outlay: £140

First post on here and wishing you all gl with your bets!! Ars v Liv: Think Liv will try and keep it very tight early on and will gradually open up in an attempt to get that all important away goal. Not sure 0-0 suits either but may slightly be in Ars favour so not convinced they will be too open either. Can see Liv nicking a goal with a late equaliser from Ars. My bets are as follows: Ht/Ft: Liv - Draw 14/1 £10 Ft: Draw 21/10 £50 Torres first goal e/w (saver Gerrard e/w) 6/1 & 9/1 £20e.w & £10e.w 1-1 5/1 £20 Total outlay: £140
:welcome Sursbett! Hi all, Couple of bets for myself tonight. Firstly, as has been mentioned before with regards to the Arsenal V Liverpool match, this should be a tight affair with both side presumably in the mindset that a draw would not be the worst result, I persoanlly cannot pick a winner between them therefore I have decided to back the draw. Secondly, I have doubled this first bet up with a draw in the Fener V Chelsea game, reported this week Avram Grant suggesting that they will not be going full out in Turkey and would probably again be satisfied with a draw in the hostile environment. Two draw doubled up reads for some nice odds and I hope they come through. Good luck with all your bets tho, SB

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 :okCheers Pmacca and as i haven't already done it :welcometo PL. Another couple of bets here i am having a go at simply because the prices is very good: Arsenal v Liverpool First Goal Method Direct from free kick or corner @15.00 Blue Square Own goal @21.00 Blue Square :hope

Blue Square have this bet. http://www.bluesq.com Shot from outside the box @ 4-1 perhaps?....

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 The Arse v Liv game is a very tough one to call. I think Liv would be happy with a 0-0 or even a 1-0 loss and I reckon Arse in turn would be very happy to take a 1-0 to Anfield. Therefore I'm going for either 0 or 1 goals at odds of 6/4 with paddyp. Good luck!

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 :hope

:okCheers Pmacca and as i haven't already done it :welcometo PL. Another couple of bets here i am having a go at simply because the prices is very good: Arsenal v Liverpool First Goal Method Direct from free kick or corner @15.00 Blue Square Own goal @21.00 Blue Square
No problem & thanks for the welcome :D Since I can't make my mind up who will win these games I'm going for: Lampard to score anytime 12/5 BSQ Gerrard to score anytime 3/1 BSQ Double. GL All :hope

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 maybe I'm crazy but I'm going for over 2.5 goals Arsenal-Liverpool :unsure Arsenal's 75% of homegames went to over and liverpool's 50%. and odd 2.5 is good for me to put some money.

Re: Champions League, QF Leg 1, 2/4 Arsenal v Liverpool @ OVER2.0 1.86 Ladbrokes, 5/10 Here are lines up this evening: Arsenal: Van Persie Adebayor Hleb Fabregas Flamini Eboue Clichy Gallas Senderos Toure Almunia Liverpool: Torres Babel Gerrard Kuyt Alonso Mascherano Aurelio Skrtel Hyypia Carragher Reina Both teams are with their best eleven players and I can see plenty of opportunities for goals tonight. The goals that need it to win this bet, could come from both teams or solely from Liverpool according to my estimation. GL tonight:hope

Good luck' date='I bet like you ;)[/quote'] Thanks modo, it was a good day indeed :ok but it could have been better if it wasn't for that great Deivid (Fenerbahce) goal 10m from time... :cheers JC

My bets for today in the Champions League: Arsenal-Liverpool Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool has really not much to gain in the EPL this season so they'll be turning their focus into the Champions League. Recent form also seems to suggest that Liverpool is doing better at the moment: Arsenal has a 3-5-2 overall record in their last 10 games while Liverpool has a 8-2-0 overall record in their last 10 games. Rafa Benitez is good at this type of competition and IMO he'll be happy with a draw and look at deciding the game in the return leg. Arsenal has home advantage and a great team but the better form of Liverpool and the fact that the squad is fully fit make me think of a tight game and a likely draw. My pick: draw; won Fenerbahce-Chelsea It is hard to play in Turkey and it is tough to play away to Fenerbahce. They're doing great in the CL this season (3 home wins in 3 games in the Group stage) and also have a 11-2-1 home record in the Turkish league. They have many quality and experienced players and are be hard to beat. Still, Chelsea surely has more quality and are the favorites to advance into the next round but I don't expect them to take many risks tomorrow as a draw would be a good result for them. My pick: draw; lost Good luck! JC
:ok

Originally Posted by Sursbett viewpost.gif First post on here and wishing you all gl with your bets!! Ars v Liv: Think Liv will try and keep it very tight early on and will gradually open up in an attempt to get that all important away goal. Not sure 0-0 suits either but may slightly be in Ars favour so not convinced they will be too open either. Can see Liv nicking a goal with a late equaliser from Ars. My bets are as follows: Ht/Ft: Liv - Draw 14/1 £10 Ft: Draw 21/10 £50 Torres first goal e/w (saver Gerrard e/w) 6/1 & 9/1 £20e.w & £10e.w 1-1 5/1 £20 Total outlay: £140
Thanks for the welcome SB87 - was worried early on but turned out OK. £135 profit. Guess many had a good night with the draw so well done. Cheers Surs

156994.jpg i think we can get a result at the Emirates tonight, an away goal would be huge. The one area we look vunerable is crosses from out wide in and around the six yard box where Pepe has looked dodgy at best, Arsenal dont tend to throw cross after cross into the mixer, they'll try and thread little passes through our down the sides of Liverpool, this is where Mascherano and young Lucas must be on top of there game. With the pace of Torres on the counter attack, there's always a chance, expect Rafa to play the same side that won in the San Siro against Inter. Liverpool +0.5
will do nicely:ok:nana gonna be a cracker at Anfield, its far from over.

over 2 in Fener and Chelsea game for me odds near evens, Chelsea hopefully with atomic midfield with Ballack and Lampard..ok if these two play, Kalou who uses both his legs only for climbing a bus, can also play and score an empty netter...and yeah...Roberto Carlos is back for Fener..so Chelsea to score should be a banker...ok..another side of the coin..sure Chelski great at back, but..Fener with Zico on bench, 30 Brazilians in 1st eleven..heck..two goals...yeah, they can be achieved...
Great call, thanks, saved my day...