** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9

Friday 28 March 2008 Home Away
St Helens v Leeds Rhinos (19:30GMT)+2 -2Details »
Hide « St Helens v Leeds Rhinos
Wigan Warriors v Wakefield (20:00GMT) -10+10Details »
Hide « Wigan Warriors v Wakefield
Saturday 29 March 2008 Home Away
Warrington v Harlequins (18:00GMT) -14+14Details »
Hide « Warrington v Harlequins
Catalans v Hull FC (18:30GMT) -8+8Details »
Hide « Catalans v Hull FC
Sunday 30 March 2008 Home Away
Bradford v Castleford (15:00BST) -16+16Details »
Hide « Bradford v Castleford
Hull KR v Huddersfield (15:00BST) -4+4Details »
Well looks like the bookies have dropped one by only giving Saints 2, or am i getting carried away on the Rhino's wave........?

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 Argh bugger it, I'm having a bet to give me a bit of interest in the game. Featherstone Rovers vs Sheffield Eagles 7.35pm live on Sky Sports (?) Sheffield were promoted the season before last and acquited themselves well raising a few eyebrows by sneaking into the play offs. They have two key men Woodcock, a points machine at Full Back and the impressive Lindsay at Stand off. I rate him as one of the best half backs outside Super League. If he's on form he could win the game for Sheffield. Featherstone have a good record at home, having only lost 2 games in past 2 years (Swinton in the play offs - the same series as Sheffield won to get promoted) and Celtic last year which was also live on sky. Sheffield seem to have a hoodoo over Featherstone. Not sure what it is, I think it's the speed at the way they play the game - we just can't seem to handle it. They have beaten us 4 times out of the last 6. This will be both teams 3rd game in 6 days and fatigue will surely be playing a part now. Featherstone took a comprehensive beating at promotion favourites Salford whilst Sheffield recorded a somewhat surprise victory at home against Celtic. Sheffield at +8 has tempted me. Even if Featherstone win, I can see it being a close battle. Normally plenty of points in these game :ok For those that tune in, enjoy :nana

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9

Also tonight Featherstone Rovers vs Sheffield Eagles live on Sky ... Sheffield +8 and would be my bet (I'd probably back them on the outright too) but I'm not betting tonight :)
Nice call Punto :ok

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 Cheers Rugbylad :ok Crap performance from Featherstone, embarrasing really but no surprise. Anyone with any thoughts on tonights game on Sky? Any reasons not to back Leeds at least on the outright market?

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 St Helens - Leeds, over 38 points, @ will hill = 2.00 Bet strength 8/10 Bet of the day for me by a mile, leeds will score no matter who or what is put in front of them but in order for st helens to have any chance of victory they must go attack attack attack from the first whistle, i honestly expect this to be covered resonably comfortably! lump on folks!

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 I'm starting to think this 6/4 on Saints could be value but there's only 1 way to play this match tonight. 10pts Under 37.5pts 5/6 Boylesports Immediately this line looks too high. It looks way too high in fact. Leeds' defence is unbelievable really and Saints can mix it too and are usually pretty tight when the big teams come to town. The reason the unders is a great bet tonight though is the conditions. I don't know what it's doing at Knowsley Rd at the minute but the forecast is for rain and winds of up to 35mph. Should that lot hit anytime then I can't see where 38 points are coming from. Leeds will be without Lee Smith which helps the unders too as he scores tries but more importantly he's not the safest under the high ball which Long would've been sure to test him with. Both packs are solid and both back lines are strong too. This should be a great match but like the final eliminator last year, I see it being tight and low scoring. Unders for me.

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 I think it'll be a close one tonight. Leeds are playing great at the minute but Saints away are one of the toughest fixtures they've had in recent history (lost 3 out of the last 4 at Knowsley Road). Plus, call it a natural scepticism being a leeds fan, but I'm struggling to get my head around us playing this well :$. I'm going to have a small interest in a Drop Goal tonight. There have been 2 in the last 5 meetings between these two and in Burrow, Long, Sinfield and Matty Smith, there's plenty of players who could come up with the goods if - as I'm expecting - it's a tight one. 0.33pt Will there be a Drop Goal in the St. Helens vs. Leeds match - Yes @ 7/4 (bet365)

Re: Rugby League - Super League XIII Round 9 Rhino's go into this game stronger than ever following the recent victory over Hull, Lee smith isn't that big a blow as Ryan Hall is more than capable of crossing the whitewash from anywhere on the pitch. Saint's have a few missing from the pack mainly Sculthorpe and Cunningham with Cayless set to play his first game in a long time. Saints have lost to Huddersfield, Catalans and Hull kr, all games they would expect to win if playing up to normal standard, they however are very inconsistent and i realise they will be up for this game, i just think the bookies have seen them hammer Wigan and said Saints are back, i can't see them getting much out of this game and fully expect the Rhino's to come away with 2 points. Leeds -4 10/11 @ Skybet

I think it'll be a close one tonight. Leeds are playing great at the minute but Saints away are one of the toughest fixtures they've had in recent history (lost 3 out of the last 4 at Knowsley Road). Plus, call it a natural scepticism being a leeds fan, but I'm struggling to get my head around us playing this well :$. I'm going to have a small interest in a Drop Goal tonight. There have been 2 in the last 5 meetings between these two and in Burrow, Long, Sinfield and Matty Smith, there's plenty of players who could come up with the goods if - as I'm expecting - it's a tight one. 0.33pt Will there be a Drop Goal in the St. Helens vs. Leeds match - Yes @ 7/4 (bet365)
Rhino's go into this game stronger than ever following the recent victory over Hull, Lee smith isn't that big a blow as Ryan Hall is more than capable of crossing the whitewash from anywhere on the pitch. Saint's have a few missing from the pack mainly Sculthorpe and Cunningham with Cayless set to play his first game in a long time. Saints have lost to Huddersfield, Catalans and Hull kr, all games they would expect to win if playing up to normal standard, they however are very inconsistent and i realise they will be up for this game, i just think the bookies have seen them hammer Wigan and said Saints are back, i can't see them getting much out of this game and fully expect the Rhino's to come away with 2 points. Leeds -4 10/11 @ Skybet
10-14 at the minute with 8 mins left. Got my fingers crossed for a DG for the rhinos for both our sakes Ronnie mate :hope

Never like seeing Warrington asking to cover double figure starts' date=' especially against a side they tend to struggle against.[/quote'] You've no need to worry this time mate. We're completely shot of injuries, especially in the forwards. 10pts Warrington -12 to beat Harlequins 10/11 Stan James Warrington are backing up all their early season hype. They sit 2nd in the table and are unbeaten at the Halliwell Jones this season. Quins bolted out of the traps this season but have started to wobble recently. That's no surprise though given their depletion due to injury. Quins are missing Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Daniel Heckenberg, Danny Ward and possibly worst of all Scott Hill for this match. That's a lot of talent missing for the Quins. Strength in depth isn't their strength either. Warrington will be without their playmaker Lee Briers but the return of Michael Monaghan negates that a touch. The Wolves are really strong up the middle though and their forwards could well exploit Quins' lack of strength in their forward line and set up the likes of Hicks, Gleeson, King and Penny to go over. Warrington look good so far this season and I think they'll cover 12 here.

Unlucky Ronnie (another H'Cap Draw Punto ;)). Good call on the unders aswell Kev' date=' never looked in doubt :ok.[/quote'] haha, there is something in it mate ;) Well done Kev, you were certain about this.... glad it came in for you.