** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7

Thursday 20 March 2008 Home Away
Leeds Rhinos v Bradford (20:00GMT) -10+10Details »
Hide « Leeds Rhinos v Bradford
Friday 21 March 2008 Home Away
Hull KR v Hull FC (12:15GMT) -2+2Details »
Hide « Hull KR v Hull FC
St Helens v Wigan Warriors (14:30GMT) -6+6Details »
Hide « St Helens v Wigan Warriors
Harlequins v Catalans (15:00GMT) -6+6Details »
Hide « Harlequins v Catalans
Warrington v Huddersfield (15:00GMT) -10+10Details »
Hide « Warrington v Huddersfield
Wakefield v Castleford (20:00GMT) -6+6Details »
Some tough one's to call again.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Bradford Bulls have got loads of players out with injury for this game but these games are often close affairs. I fully expect a Leeds win and think they may have enough to cover the handicap. Bulls have been exposed as one dimensional a fair few times already, trying to steamroller everyone rather than keeping the ball moving. I ain't no rugby expert so would be interested to see what everyone else thinks. :ok EDIT: I can get details from local paper of injuries that have probably not been reported in national papers yet. Down to the bare bones apparently for this match.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Nice one Ronnie :ok. An early thought is that -10 on Leeds looks too many initially. It's a derby and it's usually tight and Bradford are still pissed off with Millenium Magic last season aren't they? Also in the Hull derby, I'm pretty certain this game is where Cookie returns. What a game for him to return in :lol.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Yeah mowgli Ryan Bailey is out along with a few others, can't really split them on the Hcp, would love to see Leeds hammer them but Bradford are a team that can really score well and the half back battle is going to be crucial, this is the game when Jeffries/Deacon could really excel and give the Bulls backs some decent ball. Truth be told i fancy Leeds but am going to have a small bet on the Hcp draw and will pick a player to score anytime later on. One to watch with not much money on i think.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7

Nice one Ronnie :ok. Also in the Hull derby, I'm pretty certain this game is where Cookie returns. What a game for him to return in :lol.
Yeah, I think they mentioned in the commentary during the HKR vs Cas game that he was back this weekend :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Fair enough the Wire have a 100% home record this season and the Giants have yet to win away from home....I still cant help to think that Huddersfield +12pts is too big...& the 4.33 for the away win can't be sniffed at. more to follow on this... :ok

Fair enough the Wire have a 100% home record this season and the Giants have yet to win away from home....I still cant help to think that Huddersfield +12pts is too big...& the 4.33 for the away win can't be sniffed at. more to follow on this... :ok
Not sure on Huddersfield myself, they couldn't score vs Harlequins who Leeds put 48 past, but they stuck 64 past Cas who in turn beat Leeds. Hmm, would fancy Warrington myself, the only thing putting me off really committing myself is Briers kicking, he's missing far too many and when chasing a Hcp that's crucial.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Taking the +10 tonight. 10pts Bradford (+10) to beat Leeds Evs Bet365 Both these sides come into this match with a few injuries and Bradford are probably worse hit than Leeds really but they've still got enough for a decent side. Let's not forget this is a derby so most of this match will be played on momentum and as long as Bradford compete in the forwards which even though Morrison, Vagana and Langley will be missing from the pack, Lynch, Burgess and Feather with Finnigan backing them should be competitive. Leeds will be without Clinton Toopi and Danny Maguire which can be crucial as we saw at Castleford recently. I'm not sure if this handicap is so big because of what Leeds did to Quins last week but if that is the case then we must remember Quins did a no show that night and Bradford beat a better Warrington side last weekend too. Leeds have had 36hrs more recovery time which isn't ideal but derbies are rarely one sided affairs and this 10pts looks a bit too big to me. Bradford with the start.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Just a weather report, it's blowing a gale here so expect some missed kicks. Due to the strong winds im going for a 40/20 in the match 2/1 @ Skybet Both teams have got players that can make this play count, Deacon is one of the best about and Sinfield has yet to hit one despite a few attemps so is maybe due one.

Have Bradford lined up with 10 men :unsure. I've not seen such a shocking defence in a long time :eek.
Think that there in for a rollocking and will come out much stronger in the second half, they must score first or it's game over.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Couldn't believe that try when he ran nearly full length of the field, it was like they were playing touch tackle rugby. Absolute shambles, defence is worse than some Sunday league games. Leeds are exploiting every fault and credit to them, this could get worse. I thought they'd cover the handicap, wish I'd had a bet on it now.

Think that there in for a rollocking and will come out much stronger in the second half' date=' they must score first or it's game over.[/quote'] This horse is down the hill and far far away mate. I'd be surprised if they stay within 30pts from here :sad.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Good performance by Leeds, particularly defensively. IMO, not as brilliant as the commentators were making out though. Don't get me wrong, very good but a few tries were long distance efforts and Bradford put in a decentish performance depsite what the scoreline suggests. Look at the tackles Leeds had to make and the possession during the game. I think comparing them to great sides of saints and Bradford was the usual sensational stuff we get from Sky ;)

Good performance by Leeds' date=' particularly defensively. IMO, not as brilliant as the commentators were making out though. Don't get me wrong, very good but a few tries were long distance efforts and Bradford put in a decentish performance depsite what the scoreline suggests. Look at the tackles Leeds had to make and the possession during the game. I think comparing them to great sides of saints and Bradford was the usual sensational stuff we get from Sky ;)[/quote'] Oh aye, I completely agree mate. On another day Bradford could easily have had 20+ pts. That's 2 home games on the trot they've not conceded a try though which is a superb effort whoever the opponents.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Going to take 2 tomorrow. 10pts Saints (-6) to beat Wigan Evs Bet365 Saints have covered this handicap for the last 3 years at Knowsley Rd and I think they'll do it again. Sean Long returns for St Helens and he can really pull the strings. In Ade Gardner, Saints have a livewire, in form try scorer and with Wigan missing the suspended Richie Mathers meaning Pat Richards will move to full back, Gardner could only have Liam Colbon to beat. Wigan are also without their forward Gareth Hock who gives Wigan a lot of go forward. Saints will be without Kieron Cunningham but James Roby's a fine replacement. Saints lost in France last week and will be eager to get back on track here. Wigan have been hanging in matches rather than being dominant though but Saints should have enough to see Wigan off here. 10pts Harlequins (-4) to beat Catalans 10/11 Stan James Quins have made a good start to the season. Barring last week's battering by Leeds, Quins have been going very well. They will be without prop Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook for this match which is a huge blow but the return of Scott Hill is a major positive for the London side. Henry Paul is fit too which is another boost for the Quins. Catalans generally don't travel well and Quins have covered this handicap on both matches between the two at The Stoop. Catalans aren't the side they were last season with Stacey Jones and the loss of go forward from Jerome Guisset who is injured for this could be key too. I think Quins will win this and win it well enough to cover the 4pts they have to give away.

Good performance by Leeds' date=' particularly defensively. IMO, not as brilliant as the commentators were making out though. Don't get me wrong, very good but a few tries were long distance efforts and Bradford put in a decentish performance depsite what the scoreline suggests. Look at the tackles Leeds had to make and the possession during the game. I think comparing them to great sides of saints and Bradford was the usual sensational stuff we get from Sky ;)[/quote'] Bradford weren't that bad, apart from some sloppy defence. If they put that much pressure on the line of any other team they would have been winning the match, but this season anyone can beat anyone and shocks will become the norm.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 I quite fancy Hull KR -2 in the early kick off. Hull KR impressed me last week in terrible conditions last weekend against Castleford and have Paul Cooke returning. Not sure on the weather on the East Coast but it's quite sunny here and breezy which I think will aid Hull KR. Just to be cautious though I'm backing Hull KR on the outright market at 1.73 with Skybet just incase it's a close one ;)

I quite fancy Hull KR -2 in the early kick off. Hull KR impressed me last week in terrible conditions last weekend against Castleford and have Paul Cooke returning. Not sure on the weather on the East Coast but it's quite sunny here and breezy which I think will aid Hull KR. Just to be cautious though I'm backing Hull KR on the outright market at 1.73 with Skybet just incase it's a close one ;)
Good job you took the outright one :lol. Nice work mate :ok

Good job you took the outright one :lol. Nice work mate :ok
I know, bit tense that one. Starting to learn to take the lowest handicaps possible (despite the price) or if it's close like that going on the outright market. For the sake of a few quid it#s best to have winner than nothing at all ;) Sorry I didn't reply to your text after the league cup final mate ( i don't think I did??!) but I'd been drinking from 7am and my phone had packed in!

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 7 Good call with the Saints/ Wigan match Kev. Cracking attacking performance from Saints, looking forward to next friday (?) when they play Leeds :ok Surprised about Harlequins so hardlines :sad Very small bet for me tonight Featherstone vs Whitehaven. Featherstone are -2 and I think the bookies are just being cautious because we are at home. Whitehaven had a cracking win last week against Halifax and are a decent team. On reflection I should have backed Whitehaven at +2 but I've backed them at 11/10 outright with Skybet. This will be a tough game for Featherstone, we are tipped to finish bottom along with Batley and Sheffield and Whitehaven are a solid mid table side. They are renowned for not travelling well but I think with it being on a bank holiday evening the travelling won't be as bad as it's a fair distance. Very small bet though to soften the blow if we do lose and pay for a few pints afterwards :ok