** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Try, Try again!!

turnlux

Not having much luck at the mo but i won't let that stop me!! Right here we go again then. Picks are taken from pro soccer website using their top rated selections on ice hockey, tennis, basketball and football. This should give me a max of 5 bets a day with odds ranging from 1.05 up to 4. Haven't decided on a proper staking plan for this just yet, so to start will be lumping the lot on short priced selections and then either doing fixed stakes on the riskier ones or a percentage of the bank. This is a glory hunt after all, so it would make sense to put the bank on all selections to start with and then maybe review if we build up a significant size. Any suggestions on the staking plan or otherwise would be very much appreciated. All bets are taken with betfair and p/l will be without commission.:ok Starting Bank for this is £100. Right then, the first 5 for today are as follows:- Bet 1:- Spanish Basketball Leon v Real Madrid Back Real Madrid @ 1.17 Stake £50 Bet 2:- Ukraninan Football Dnipro v Zorya Luhansk Back Dnipro @ 1.24 Stake £30 Bet 3:- Austrian Ice Hockey Playoffs Olimpia Ljubljana v Red Bulls Salzburg Back Olimpia @ 2.4 (Regular match odds/ no o/t) Stake £15 Bet 4:- Pacific Life Open (Mens) A.Murray v J.Melzer Back A.Murray @ 1.16 Stake £40 Bet 5:- Pacific Life Open(Women) M.Sharapova v E.Danilidou Back M.Sharapova @ 1.16 Stake £50 I know at first look stakes add up to £185 from a £100 bank but these will be the bets for today and the stakes are from the new bank for each bet. Will update results later. I could die on my arse by bet 3 or come bet 5 i might have a decent profit for today. If prices on selections change from what is placed here then will update those too in the results section. We will see. Wish me luck:hope Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.:ok

Re: Try, Try again!! Hi mate, Nice to see you're not giving up in a hurry! Could you not have placed a small accumulator in there along the way somewhere? The odds on all 5 selections work out to be 4.69. Just a thought as it would get you up and running in your 'Glory Hunt' should all 5 become winnners :) Good Luck in this one, just try and work out a set of rules for the staking side of things is all I can maybe suggest.

Re: Try, Try again!! Thanks for the interest madness:ok I'm starting to wish i had put this in an acca as the first 2 have come in and i know i'm probably going to end up kicking myself. I'm pretty undecided how to take this further with regards to a staking plan but you are right i need to set something out. Be back later with the full results update and any picks for tomorrow

Re: Try, Try again!! Right then, the first 5 for today are as follows:- Bet 1:- Spanish Basketball Leon v Real Madrid Back Real Madrid @ 1.17:nana:nana Stake £50 Bet 2:- Ukraninan Football Dnipro v Zorya Luhansk Back Dnipro @ 1.24:nana:nana Stake £30 Bet 3:- Austrian Ice Hockey Playoffs Olimpia Ljubljana v Red Bulls Salzburg Back Olimpia @ 2.4 (Regular match odds/ no o/t):wall:wall Stake £15 Bet 4:- Pacific Life Open (Mens) A.Murray v J.Melzer Back A.Murray @ 1.16:nana:nana Stake £40 Bet 5:- Pacific Life Open(Women) M.Sharapova v E.Danilidou Back M.Sharapova @ 1.16:nana:nana Stake £50 4/5 to start with so i'll take that:cheers Starting Bank:£100 Current Bank:£111.08 Bets:5 Won:4 Lost:1 S/R:80% Yield: 2.77% Have decided from now to take madness advice and place a £10 acca on all selections. Probably with bet365 as i'm not sure i can get this type of mixed acca on betfair.

Re: Try, Try again!! Day 2 and another set of bets to get stuck into. Bet6: Swedish eliteserian Ice Hockey Faejestads v Frolunda Indians Back Faejestads @ 1.97 Stake £15 Bet 7: Swiss Super League Football Bellinzona v Winterthur Back Bellinzona @ 1.59 Stake £15 Bet 8 Indian Wells Tennis R.Nadal v D.Young Back Nadal @ 1.14 Stake £25 Bet 9: NBA Basketball Orlando Magic v Cleveland Cavaliers Back Orlando @ 1.3 Stake £20 Bet 10 Pacific Life Open L.Davenport v Y.J.Chan Back Davenport @ 1.11 Stake £25 Also i have placed a £10 acca with bet 365 to cover the above selections, i managed to get 4.10:loon so i'm pleased with that. Have decided on the staking front to split the £100 bank up over the 5 selections each day with more money weighted towards the shorter odd selections. Then hopefully once we've built up a bit of profit we could raise stakes and bank some profit along the way.:ok

Re: Try, Try again!! Bet6: Swedish eliteserian Ice Hockey Faejestads v Frolunda Indians Back Faejestads @ 1.97:loon:loon WON 4-2 £13.10 Stake £15 Bet 7: Swiss Super League Football Bellinzona v Winterthur:wall:wall 3-3(bellinzona were 3-0 down!!) Back Bellinzona @ 1.59 Stake £15 Bet 8 Indian Wells Tennis R.Nadal v D.Young:loon:loon WON 2-0 £3.22 Back Nadal @ 1.14 Stake £25 Bet 9: NBA Basketball Orlando Magic v Cleveland Cavaliers Back Orlando @ 1.3:loon:loon WON 104-90 £5.70 Stake £20 Bet 10 Pacific Life Open L.Davenport v Y.J.Chan :loon WON 2-1 £2.61 Back Davenport @ 1.11 Stake £25 P/L Today = £9.63 Start Bank:-£100 Current Bank:£120.71 Bets:-10 Won:-8 Lost:-2 S/R:-80% Yield:-2.588% :nana:nanaAnother profitable day and yet again just missed out on the acca.Pleased with the overall stats of this but still not quite satisfied with the staking plan. Obviously the acca lost and i will now set up a separate bank for this to protect the p/l of the winning singles. Onto day 3, and hopefully more winners. Bet 11 ULEB Cup Besiktas v Red Star Back Besiktas @ 1.25 Stake £20 Bet12 Pacific Life Open A.Radwanska v A.Harkleroad Back Radwanska @ 1.43 Stake £20 Bet13 German Ice Hockey Sinupret Ice Hockey v DEG Metro Stars Back Sinupret @ 1.56 Stake £20 Bet 14 Italian Serie B Albinoleffe v Avellino Back Albinoleffe @ 1.53 Stake £20 Bet15 Indian Wells Masters Tennis A.Murray v I.Karlovic Back Murray @ 1.38 Stake £20 £10 Placed on the acca with bet365 at odds of 3.72 Fingers crossed for today, odds are higher than they've been so far but hopefully that will mean better returns rather than less winners.:hope

Re: Try, Try again!! quick update. Radwanska won, Sinupret Ice tigers won and so did besiktas in the basketball. Unfortunately albinoleffe let me down in the football. So if murray wins in the tennis it will be 4 from 5 for the 3rd day running!! Maybe i should switch the acca to a four fold. lol

Re: Try, Try again!! Yesterdays results updated. Bet 11 ULEB Cup Besiktas v Red Star Back Besiktas @ 1.25:loon WON 81-69 £4.75 Stake £20 Bet12 Pacific Life Open A.Radwanska v A.Harkleroad Back Radwanska @ 1.43:loon WON 2-1 £8.18 Stake £20 Bet13 German Ice Hockey Sinupret Ice Hockey v DEG Metro Stars Back Sinupret @ 1.56:loon WON 3-2 £10.60 Stake £20 Bet 14 Italian Serie B Albinoleffe v Avellino:wall LOST 3-3 £-20 Back Albinoleffe @ 1.53 Stake £20 Bet15 Indian Wells Masters Tennis A.Murray v I.Karlovic Back Murray @ 1.38 :loon WON 2-1 £7.22 Stake £20 £10 Placed on the acca with bet365 at odds of 3.72:unsure Yet again 4/5 on the singles which costs me a nice win on the acca!! But the stats are still holding up Start Bank:£100 Current Bank: £130.83 Bets:15 Won:12 Lost:3 S/R:80% Profit: £30.83 Acca's:2 Won:0 Lost:2 P/L:-£20 Bets for Thursday 19th March, Only 4 today as missed the womens tennis due to it being played early hours. Bet16 Russian Ice Hockey Metallurgs MG v Dynamo Moscow Back Metallurgs @1.89 Stake £15 Bet 17 Swiss Challenge League Football Delemont v Lausanne Back Delemont@ 2.14 Stake £15 Bet 18 German Cup Basketball Alba Berlin v Ratiopharm Ulm Back Alba @ 1.11 Stake £50 Bet 19 Indian Wells Masters Tennis Novak Djokovic v Guillermo Canas Back Djokovic @ 1.22 Stake £20 £10 placed with bet 365 on the four fold at odds of 4.18. Only 4 bets today but as aldric posted earlier, we'll probably end up with 3 wins today. Anyway we shall see:hope

Re: Try, Try again!! Results from yesterday and again so close, 3/4!! Bet16 Russian Ice Hockey Metallurgs MG v Dynamo Moscow:loon WON 5-0 £16.91 Back Metallurgs @1.89 Stake £15 Bet 17 Swiss Challenge League Football Delemont v Lausanne:wall LOST 1-2 -£15 Back Delemont@ 2.14 Stake £15 Bet 18 German Cup Basketball Alba Berlin v Ratiopharm Ulm:loon WON 102-91 £5.22 Back Alba @ 1.11 Stake £50 Bet 19 Indian Wells Masters Tennis Novak Djokovic v Guillermo Canas:loon WON 6-2 6-3 £4.18 Back Djokovic @ 1.22 Stake £20 £10 placed with bet 365 on the four fold at odds of 4.18:cry Total p/l for today £11.31 Stats:- Start Bank: £100 Current Bank: £142.14 Profit: £42.14 Bets: 19 Won: 15 Lost: 4 S/R: 78.94% Acca's Stats: Bets: 3 Won:0 Lost: 3 P/L: -£30 The stats are looking solid all though the german basketball went to the wire and nearly changed the complexion of it all. Thats 3 losers from 4 on the football. the selections on those don't look to be as solid as the others and it is costing me. May see the week out and then look at that again. Onto todays, only 2 for today as i missed both tennis selections because of not looking further ahead than the current day and the baskeball picks were not uodated in time and it turned out to be an NBA pick from last night. Will make sure that doesn't happen again.;) Day 4: Bet 20: Bulgarian Football Slavia Sofia v Marek Back Slavia Sofia @ 1.28 Stake: £30 Bet 21: Austrian Ice Hockey Olimpia Ljubljana v Red Bull Salzburg Back Olimpia @ 2.06 Stake: £20 £10 double placed with bet365 @ odds of 2.40 Couple of tentative selections today because of the poor results with football so far and also i have already backed olimpia in this thread once before and they let me down. But those are the bets, so as always..:hope

Re: Try, Try again!! Good strikerate. A little worried that the acca is costing you profit. When you are betting at such short odds the profit for each bet is minimal anyway. One loser wipes out most of the profit from 4 winners, the acca just does even more damage. Setting up a separate bank for the acca might keep the numbers for each seperate but its still costing money whether its down as 1 bank or 2. So far, the accas takes you from a 42% yield to a 9.3% yield. Still a nice yield but a big difference. Just my two pence worth and I guess this is GH. Good luck with whatever route you take.

Re: Try, Try again!! Thanks for the suggestions WFTE. ;) I am using the acca's in a separate bank but as you quite rightly say the profit lessens whether they are split over 1 bank or 2. I think as with the football selections i will continue the acca's till sunday and then perhaps maybe tweak the whole GH a bit to see if i can improve things. Forgot to put it in the stats but the acca's have a £100 bank, although it's disappearing sharpish:$

Re: Try, Try again!! Day 4: Results How ironic after what i posted above and we get a winner on the acca. Bet 20: Bulgarian Football Slavia Sofia v Marek:loon:loon WON 2-1(90TH MIN) £7.98 Back Slavia Sofia @ 1.28 Stake: £30 Bet 21: Austrian Ice Hockey Olimpia Ljubljana v Red Bull Salzburg:loon:loon WON 4-3 £19.57 Back Olimpia @ 2.06 Stake: £20 £10 double placed with bet365 @ odds of 2.40:nana:nana£14 An excellent result all round when you consider there was only 2 selections. Stats:- Start Bank: £100 Current Bank: £169.69 Profit: £69.69 Bets:21 Wins: 17 Losses: 4 S/R: 80.95% Acca's Stats: Bets: 4 Won:1 Lost:3 P/L: -£16 Start Bank: £100 Current Bank:£84 Well pleased with that and hopefully we can pull some out the hat tomorrow. Hopefully the winners will continue in the football. As mentioned before may decide to tweak certain bits after sunday's results but will give that some more thought. Still Considering doing away with the acca's, depends what happens over the next couple of days. Back later with the next selections.:cheers

Re: Quad Sports GH Right lets try and follow yesterday's success. Only 3 selections today due to the fact there were no selections in the womens tennis and basketball, and the 1 selection in ice hockey, which was a polish match and is not a market covered by betfair. Also there are joint rated matches for men's tennis so they will both be included. Day 5:- Bet 22 Eircom Premier League Football Cork City v Derry City Back Cork City@ 2.16 Stake: £20 Bet 23 Indian Wells Masters Quarter Finals D.Nalbandian v M.Fish Back Nalbandian @ 1.39 Stake £25 Bet 24 Indian Wells Masters Quarter Finals R.Federer v T.Haas Back Federer@ 1.1 Stake £50 £10 bet placed on the treble @ odds of 2.99 with bet365 Thats it for today, only the 3 but pretty hopeful we can have a profitable day. Would be nice to double the bank by the end of easter but we will see. Back later with updates.;)

Re: Quad Sports GH Well it had to happen sooner or later and yesterday was the day as all 3 bets blew out. A bit of damage to the overall bank so we can't afford too many of those!!:@ Day 5:- Bet 22 Eircom Premier League Football Cork City v Derry City:wall:wall LOST 1-1(90TH min equaliser too!!) -£20 Back Cork City@ 2.16 Stake: £20 Bet 23 Indian Wells Masters Quarter Finals D.Nalbandian v M.Fish Back Nalbandian @ 1.39:wall:wall LOST 1-2 -£25 Stake £25 Bet 24 Indian Wells Masters Quarter Finals R.Federer v T.Haas:@ VOID Haas retired before match Back Federer@ 1.1 Stake £50 £10 bet placed on the treble @ odds of 2.99 with bet365:wall:wall GH Stats Start Bank:£100 Current Bank:£124.69 P/L +£24.69 Bets:22 Won:15 Lost:6 Void:1 S/R: 68.2% Acca Stats:- Bets:4 Won:1 Lost:3 P/L:-£24 The overall stats look less impressive after yesterday's poor day but we go again today and look to repair the damage. I have decided how i'm going to re-implement this GH with a change to the rules and staking. This will be implemented after tomorrow's selections as i thought i might as well start fresh from next week. Only 2 bets for today as betfair don't cover the russian basketball league and semi finals day in tennis has not brought about any clear selections. Day 6: Bet23: Slovakian Football Slovan Bratislava v Spartak Trnava Back Bratislava @ 2.3 Stake £15 Bet24: NHL Ice Hockey Montreal Canadiens v Boston Bruins Back Montreal @ 1.5 (money line) Stake £25 £10 double placed with bet365 on both selections @ 3.54 Be back later with results and hopefully some damage repair:hope

Re: Quad Sports GH Day 6: Results Bet23: Slovakian Football Slovan Bratislava v Spartak Trnava:wall:wall LOST 2-3 -£15 Back Bratislava @ 2.3 Stake £15 Bet24: NHL Ice Hockey Montreal Canadiens v Boston Bruins:loon:loon WON 3-2 £11.87 Back Montreal @ 1.5 (money line) Stake £25 £10 double placed with bet365 on both selections @ 3.54:$ Day's P/L:-£3.13 GH Stats:- Start Bank:£100 Current Bank:£121.56 P/L:£21.56 Bets:24 Won:16 Lost:7 Void:1 S/R:66.67% Acca Stats Acca's:5 Won:1 Lost:4 P/L:-£34 Mixed bag of results yesterday with the ice hockey winning on a shootout and the football narrowly losing after being 1-0 and 2-1 up. After todays bets i will post up a new revised process for this GH, with stakes based on a odds range and some other minor tweaks. Anyway thats for later on to today's bets: Day 7: Bet 25 Russian Football Dinamo Moscow v Khimki Back Moscow to win @ 1.71 with betfair Stake:£20 Bet 26 Greek A1 Basketball Olympiakos v Olimpiada Back Olympiakos to win @ 1.02 with betfair Stake:£80 Placed a £10 double with bet365 @ odds of 1.63 A low odds double which will hopefully come in to boost the coffers a bit and if we can get 2 winning singles in to then the bank would llok a lot better going in to next week. Be back later with results and the details of the minor tweaks.;)

Re: Quad Sports GH That was a bit more like it!! Day 7: Bet 25 Russian Football Dinamo Moscow v Khimki:loonWON 2-0 £13.49 Back Moscow to win @ 1.71 with betfair Stake:£20 Bet 26 Greek A1 Basketball Olympiakos v Olimpiada:loon WON 103-66 £1.52 Back Olympiakos to win @ 1.02 with betfair Stake:£80 Placed a £10 double with bet365 @ odds of 1.63:loon WON £6.30 GH Stats: Start Bank:£100 Current Bank:£136.58 P/L:£36.58 Bets:26 Won:18 Lost:7 Void:1 S/R:69.2% Acca Stats: Bets:6 Won:2 Lost:4 P/L:-£27.50 Pleased to get back to winning ways after a couple of days of mixed results. Both selections today looked pretty straight forward winners. Here is a breakdown of how each sport performed this week in regards to winners:- Football: Bets 7 Winners 3 Losers 4 Tennis: Bets 9 Winners 7 Losers 1 Void 1 BB: Bets 5 Winners 5 Losers 0 I Hockey Bets 6 Winners 5 Losers 1 Looking at the stats like that then it looks pretty impressive apart from the football which is under 50% s/r. With the accumulators also chipping away at the overall yield i have decided to make a few tweaks. So here they are, this will form the GH from now on. Rule 1: Selections will be top rated in the four sports from the pro soccer website. All sports will be win singles. No more acca's. Rule 2: For the purposes of this GH all bets will be placed with bet365 as i had trouble finding markets for certain sports at times on betfair. Rule 3: Staking will now depend on the range of odds with the stake being set out as below: Odds 1.01 - 1.2 = £50 stake Odds 1.21 - 1.3 = £40 stake Odds 1.31 - 1.5 = £30 stake Odds 1.51 - 1.99 = £25 stake Odds 2.0 and over = £20 stake And that is basically it, everything will stay as before. I'm hoping this will improve what i've done before without changing the basis too much. Any comments or further suggestions are welcome. Back later for the start of a new week and the next selections.:cheers

Re: Try, Try again!! Right then, down to business, picks for tonight/tomorrow;- Day 7 Bet27 French Ligue 2 Le Havre v Bologne Back Le Havre @ 1.4 with bet365 Stake £30 Bet28 NBA Detroit Pistons v Washingon Wizards Back Detroit Pistons @ 1.42 Stake £30 Bet29 NHL Philadelphia Flyers v NY Islanders Back Philadelphia @ 1.6 Stake £25 Thats it for now, will probably add some tennis bets for the full 5 tomorrow morning once the site is updated. Wish me luck:hope