** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4

Saturday 1 March 2008 Home Away
Wigan Warriors v Bradford (18:00GMT) -4+4Details »
Hide « Wigan Warriors v Bradford
Sunday 2 March 2008 Home Away
Huddersfield v Hull FC (15:00GMT) -4.5+4.5Details »
Hide « Huddersfield v Hull FC
St Helens v Wakefield (15:00GMT) -24+24Details »
Hide « St Helens v Wakefield
Warrington v Catalans (15:00GMT) -16.5+16.5Details »
Hide « Warrington v Catalans
Castleford v Harlequins (15:30GMT)+6 -6Details »

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4 Wigan look quite good value -4 , Bradford struggled to beat a St Helens team last weekend that were missing quite a few regulars and Wigan let a big lead slip against Hull , so I fully expect them to bounce back with a victory here and cover the -4pts. St Helens -24pts looks a bit too much , however they certainly played well against Bradford last weekend and this is St Helens so it could well be possible but not for me, the value here seems to lie in the Anytime Try Scorer Market. If the Handicap is that much then there will no doubt be some Trys scored in this match and you can't go far wrong with St Helens Right Winger A. Gardner who is priced up at 1.66 to score at anytime @ Skybet.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4

St Helens -24pts looks a bit too much , however they certainly played well against Bradford last weekend and this is St Helens so it could well be possible but not for me, the value here seems to lie in the Anytime Try Scorer Market.
Saints have got a very depleted pack, but Wakefields pack isn't that impressive, Saints may play Cunningham at prop and with him and Roby on the park that means a lot of options for an attack minded team, Sculthorpe seems to be getting some way back to his best and the kids they have coming through are very good, especially Steven Tyrer who i expect to have a very big season for the Saints. As for the anytime scorer market i tend to look for a bit of value ie not odds on, but have been known to tip them before, i'm looking at Lee Gilmour @ evens as about the best for Saints. As for the handicap, Wakefield have shown me nothing to suggest that they can keep Saints at bay, and i feel that they will cover the handicap with ease.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4 I think Catalans are at Warrington aswell fellas. -24 is a lot for Saints to cover IMO, Wakey are always capable of a shock but they are depleted so it's touch and go. Wakey are not a bad side and when at full strength they are good bets for the play offs. Nothing really takes my fancy to be honest

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4 I sit next to some Wigan fans at Luton matches and they went to the last 2 Wigan matches and they told me Tuesday night that Wigan looked a little slow and struggled to convert chances. That's enough for me to take Bradford tonight. 10pts Bradford to beat Wigan 5/4 Boylesports Steve McNamara's team talk tonight will probably centre around one word. Revenge. An hour into the last time these sides met, Bradford were planning a trip to the next round of the playoffs with a commanding lead over the Warriors. 20 mins later they were out after one of the most amazing comebacks of all time. However McNamara has recruited very well in the off season and this Bradford side look better than quite a few before them even though their results haven't been great yet. They've lost 2 out of 3 but Wakefield can beat anyone on a good day and they just walked into a rampant Saints spell of 20 mins last week but even then nearly clawed them back. Wigan have gone along ok but suffered a setback at Hull last week. This will always be a big game for Wigan with their coach and a couple of players being ex Bradford. Wigan welcome one of those players back tonight in Stuart Fielden. Mark Calderwood also returns but Phil Bailey is out. Bradford could have ex-Wakefield duo Ben Jeffries - who seems to always play well at the JJB - and Semi Tadulala back tonight which should strengthen them again. This is likely to be a tough, tight battle but I think Bradford just about have enough strength and power to sneak this one.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 4

St Helens -24pts looks a bit too much , however they certainly played well against Bradford last weekend and this is St Helens so it could well be possible but not for me, the value here seems to lie in the Anytime Try Scorer Market. If the Handicap is that much then there will no doubt be some Trys scored in this match and you can't go far wrong with St Helens Right Winger A. Gardner who is priced up at 1.66 to score at anytime @ Skybet.
Gardner makes two tries as St Helens scrape home by 4pts :ok