** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3

Friday 22 February 2008 Home Away
Bradford v St Helens (19:30GMT) -4+4Details »
Hide « Bradford v St Helens
Hull v Wigan Warriors (20:00GMT)+6 -6Details »
Hide « Hull v Wigan Warriors
Leeds Rhinos v Catalans (20:00GMT) -24+24Details »
Hide « Leeds Rhinos v Catalans
Saturday 23 February 2008 Home Away
Harlequins v Wakefield (18:00GMT) -6+6Details »
Hide « Harlequins v Wakefield
Sunday 24 February 2008 Home Away
Huddersfield v Castleford (15:00GMT) -10+10Details »
Hide « Huddersfield v Castleford
Hull KR v Warrington (15:00GMT) 0 0Details »
Leeds seem to be giving a lot to Catalan, and Wigan -6 looks decent, depending on Hulls team news, more later....

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3

Leeds seem to be giving a lot to Catalan, and Wigan -6 looks decent, depending on Hulls team news, more later....
I'm always weary of the big handicaps, regardless of the teams but Leeds are looking like a quality side this year and appear to be peaking for the World Club Challenge. Is this Leeds last game before that? I think it is. If so they are well worth opposing on that handicap as they may well be only giving some of the key players a run out rather than a full on game. I think for this reason alone catalans +24 are well worth a shout. I agree on Wigan, they look good this year whereas Hull are probably the most inconsistent of the big sides. Actually I think I'd take Wigan -6 all day long in this game. Hull KR V Warrington off scratch. Bit of a surprise as I expected Warrington to be giving a few points away. -4 maybe. Not as sure as the other two but it's well worth a look.

Hull KR V Warrington off scratch. Bit of a surprise as I expected Warrington to be giving a few points away. -4 maybe. Not as sure as the other two but it's well worth a look.
Yeah this game really intrigues me, been expecting big things from Warrington, last season and this and Hull KR are playing to the their full potential, maybe beyond. It's a game i might be tempted with the overs, depending on the spread of course, would loved to have seen this one on the telly, think it's gonna be a try fest.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3 Not going to bother with trying to figure out the Bradford/Saints hcp, too close to call for me. Instead i'm going for a 40/20 to be kicked in the match 9/4 @ Skybet, Bradford have a wealth of kickers that can make the kick, Deacon, Harris and even Newton i belive could make one if he wanted. Saints of course have Sean Long who repeatedly kicked them last season. Also backing Morrison to score anytime 3/1 @ Skybet, scored 11 times for Bradford last season and crossed the whitewash last time out v Huddersfield and i think 3/1 is a huge price for someone who so often puts himself in scoring positions.

Not going to bother with trying to figure out the Bradford/Saints hcp, too close to call for me. Instead i'm going for a 40/20 to be kicked in the match 9/4 @ Skybet, Bradford have a wealth of kickers that can make the kick, Deacon, Harris and even Newton i belive could make one if he wanted. Saints of course have Sean Long who repeatedly kicked them last season. Also backing Morrison to score anytime 3/1 @ Skybet, scored 11 times for Bradford last season and crossed the whitewash last time out v Huddersfield and i think 3/1 is a huge price for someone who so often puts himself in scoring positions.
Well got 1 out of 2, With Deacon kicking that 40/20 in the second half :nana

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3 Harlequins v Wakefield seems to be a very even matchup, i'm leaning more towards Quins who i feel have a more balanced team with Danny Orr hopefully back playing his best rugby, and McLinden running things from the back and Matt Gafa running the tries in (4 in 2 games), the loss of Scott Hill will hit them though at half back. Their defence seems to have improved this season and hopefully they will keep the 3 Wakefield playmakers (Rooney, Brough and Drew) in check. Wakefield don't seem to have settled yet, even though they beat Bradford on the opening day and in the other game they were stunned in the first half against Leeds. Rooney should start instead of Obst to partner Brough who had a storming game v Bradford and will need another star performance tonight. Harlequins -4 10/11 @ Skybet M Gafa anytime scorer 5/4 @ Corals

Well done Ronnie ;) Halrquins vs Wakefield should be an interesting game tonight. I fancy it to be very close.
I agree mate. I'm off to it shortly too. I think Wakefield are a spot of value if I'm honest. They've a good record against us recently but neither have much in the way of a defence so I think the overs looks good. 10pts Over 44.5pts 5/6 Bet365 Generally speaking these two sides produce good, high scoring matches and I can't see tonight being much different. Neither have particularly good defences but both have clever players going forward who can unlock defences. Wakefield have the likes of Jamie Rooney, Danny Brough and Brad Drew who are really clever footballers while Quins have Danny Orr, Scott Hill and Henry Paul. Quins have scored 24 and 28 in their two matches so far this season while Wakefield put 26pts past a good Bradford side in week one. It all suggests we'll see a few points tonight so I'll take the overs here.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3 Good call kev. Quins not going as badly as I thought they would so far, although it's still really early days. I was going to say we've had a tough start to the season with Bradford, leeds and Quins away in the first 3 games but looking down the fixture list there's absolutely no easy games in SL anymore. It's going to be a long season, if we can break into the playoffs I'll be chuffed to bits.

Harlequins v Wakefield seems to be a very even matchup, i'm leaning more towards Quins who i feel have a more balanced team with Danny Orr hopefully back playing his best rugby, and McLinden running things from the back and Matt Gafa running the tries in (4 in 2 games), the loss of Scott Hill will hit them though at half back. Their defence seems to have improved this season and hopefully they will keep the 3 Wakefield playmakers (Rooney, Brough and Drew) in check. Wakefield don't seem to have settled yet, even though they beat Bradford on the opening day and in the other game they were stunned in the first half against Leeds. Rooney should start instead of Obst to partner Brough who had a storming game v Bradford and will need another star performance tonight. Harlequins -4 10/11 @ Skybet M Gafa anytime scorer 5/4 @ Corals
Nice couple of calls there mate :ok.
Good call Kev! I think Wakey having 3 men injured really caught up with them in the last 25 minutes. Was a good game
Good call kev. Quins not going as badly as I thought they would so far, although it's still really early days. I was going to say we've had a tough start to the season with Bradford, leeds and Quins away in the first 3 games but looking down the fixture list there's absolutely no easy games in SL anymore. It's going to be a long season, if we can break into the playoffs I'll be chuffed to bits.
Cheers guys. We were definitely assisted by Wakey's injuries tonight but I'll take it to be honest because I still think this will be a long season. We've been lucky in that we've had injury hit Hull and Wakefield with some injuries too in the 1st 3 weeks. Castleford away next week is a big game. If we can get a result there then maybe we can look upwards and have a go at the 6 rather than fighting to avoid the wooden spoon.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 3 Hull KR could be a spot of value this afternoon. 10pts Hull KR to beat Warrington 11/10 Stan James Hull KR have started the season really well and all the pre-season thoughts of the top 6 in the red side of Hull could just be realised if they continue to play like they are. KR narrowly lost to Leeds in their 1st game despite leading for the majority of the match but they've responded brilliantly by beating St Helens and then winning in France last week despite a few injuries. Those injuries look to be easing. They'll have Fisher and Murrell back this afternoon and they are key players although Chev Walker will still be out. Injuries are the key word with Warrington and they'll be without Aussie star Matt King and ful back Chris Bridge which will mean a reshuffle in the backs. Michael Monaghan has looked the business so far but defensively in their 2 matches so far Warrington have looked a bit shaky, particularly down their left and that could give Hull KR a slight edge and I'll take them to win here.

Hull KR could be a spot of value this afternoon. 10pts Hull KR to beat Warrington 11/10 Stan James Hull KR have started the season really well and all the pre-season thoughts of the top 6 in the red side of Hull could just be realised if they continue to play like they are. KR narrowly lost to Leeds in their 1st game despite leading for the majority of the match but they've responded brilliantly by beating St Helens and then winning in France last week despite a few injuries. Those injuries look to be easing. They'll have Fisher and Murrell back this afternoon and they are key players although Chev Walker will still be out. Injuries are the key word with Warrington and they'll be without Aussie star Matt King and ful back Chris Bridge which will mean a reshuffle in the backs. Michael Monaghan has looked the business so far but defensively in their 2 matches so far Warrington have looked a bit shaky, particularly down their left and that could give Hull KR a slight edge and I'll take them to win here.
Unlucky Kev, they came back well but Warrington managed to hold on.
Yeah this game really intrigues me, been expecting big things from Warrington, last season and this and Hull KR are playing to the their full potential, maybe beyond. It's a game i might be tempted with the overs, depending on the spread of course, would loved to have seen this one on the telly, think it's gonna be a try fest.
It was a try fest finishing 28-29 in favour of Warrington with 10 tries scored between them, didn't have a bet on this so missed out on the overs.