Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April

Today's Betting Market News: 1045: The hype has begun ahead of Joe Calzaghe's fight with Bernard Hopkins - the pair started their tour of the US yesterday - but Ladbrokes are seeing money for only one man. Punters are "rushing in" to back Calzaghe, according to the Magic Sign, who make him a 2/5 shot to win April's light-heavyweight contest. The Welshman has attracted over 80 per cent of all bets to date with the firm. Spokesman Nick Weinberg said: "Despite it being the first time Calzaghe has fought stateside, and at light heavyweight, punters are still rushing to back him. "The even money about Calzaghe winning on points has also proved very popular." Calzaghe can be backed at 1/2 with totesport for victory in Las Vegas on April 19. Hopkins is 15/8 to win the fight with Ladbrokes, although 9/4 is available elsewhere.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April Got to say I'm finding it bloody hard to get excited about this fight. I just can't decide on Hopkins. His two recent wins have been fairly emphatic points decisions and we all know he's got one of the best defences going so he's not going to get battered a la Lacey. Problem is I just can't see him troubling Calzaghe coming forward, which will leave Calzaghe to just slip in and out all night and land scoring punches. No doubt he's not going to land as many as normal but unless Hopkins really ties him up (and Joe is as good at that as anyone too) I just can't see him winning. On the other hand this IS Bernard Hopkins. Hmmm.... Got to be Calzaghe on points hasn't it?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.