Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread - Doubled bank in 5 days

DJ

By now you know the score and let's hope there's been goals! I want to take £10 all the way to my holiday money within a few months. I'm going to be brave, stick my neck out and give it all or nothing. My principles being that I started with £10 and that if it all goes splat then I will have lost £10, that's it! This is the first since my evens bet thread that went :@ :wall with the first 2 bets. Kinda puts a guy off his betting if the first 2 are losers but I figure this one I have to stick with to try and get the holiday money. I started this new thread as hate stealing in on other people's and think I should have one of my own here. Anyhows, if you think I'm crazy with my lack of banking, as stated above, here is the clever part... if I take a bet at odds of over 1.06 then I will bank the difference. That way it will be a drip style bank and even if it's just pennies rolling in there at first, they will hopefully build up too. I had my first bet earlier tonight as has been posted elsewhere and :eek if it wasn't the scariest damn thing that I've done in these last few hours! :lol Beginners luck is just a made up thing for the losers who cant accept being beat by a 'newbie' I proved just that with the following: £10 on Nantes v Bastia 1+ goals @ 1.12 with Betfair 0-0 right to the death when Nantes scored 2 in the last minute! :loon So bet 1 was a winner... from here on out all the bets are going to be contained within here. So next bet, starts with £10.60 - the '1.06 factor' as outlined above and will be as follows: Bet 2 - Roma v Real Madrid - £10.60 @ 1.1 for 1+ goals

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread

Welcome to the darkside Djlion.
Thanks! Guess with tonight's game out the way, no other game can be quite as nail biting unless I hit a loser. Mate text me earlier when I told him my plan and said that 100 in a row can't be done. Well I'm not going quite that far, as I said I'm just going til I have enough for my holiday (a figure I haven't decided upon yet). But I'd love to prove him wrong and at least complete that part of the hunt.

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Cheers guys for the support! :nana for my bet actually coming off early tonight! Roma v Real, there was always going to be goals in this one! So bet 2 is a winner! :nana

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Cheers Staffy! The 2nd winner brings me to £11.23 with the third bet already planned. Think I will go for a goal in Lyon v Man U @ 1.12 I just think with the attacking players on show that it's very hard to see a 0-0 in the game. Man U boasting the likes of Giggs, Tevez, Ronaldo, Nani and Rooney whilst Lyon have Juninho, Keita, Govou, Ben Arfa and Benzema. So Bet 3 - £11.23 @ 1.06 I will set up the excess banking drip figures some time soon to show how that is going.

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread

Ive gone with the Man Utd game too. Lets hope for an early one to make it a stress free night.
Totally! :ok I had a nice easy one tonight so more of the same again! :hope

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Cheers Ali! :ok I'm stuck on tonight's games! There seems to be too little value and if anything I might need to try and push my luck with a bigger odds 1+ goals market for any real value. That means a change in the Glory Hunt but with all markets for one goal or more being at 1.06 or 1.07 with Betfair, there seems no reward for any kind of risk, even if 1.06 is my target figure for the bets. Potentially too thinking about taking Spurs/Spurs @ almost evens. I think that the side will be instructed to kill the game off early so as to rest players for the league cup final on Sunday. I think we will go and grab them by the horns and just push for a first goal as soon as possible. If last time out's showing was worth anything then it proves we have a team that can cause them a lot of problems defensively and yet there would have to be 4 goals or more to beat the odds of the HT/FT market. I can see Spurs winning the game 3-1 too, which would actually allow for the 4 goals or more @ 2.9 but never the less is a risk as there were only 3 goals last time out. Hmmm... where to go with tonight's bet! :unsure I will post up my bet when I have chosen but it's hard.

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Sod it, leaving it tonight and will make up for it with 2 games on Saturday or something. Just want to enjoy the Spurs game with few beers and have seperately, non-involved bet anyhow so will risk my arm there instead.

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Cheeky bet in-play and not really a goal bet as such but saw the odds and well to that extent it fitted within my criteria. So that's 4 bets won and counting, just hope that I can find a bet for tomorrow to keep going with the daily totals!

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Taking a risky approach with the above bet as I want to try and make a lot of bets over the weekend as the sum of £2.62 profit so far seems a little pathetic!! Tempted if this one wins to just keep all the profits on. Really £1 or so makes little difference in the scheme of things. Worked out roughly that I would make £2.32 profit at odds of 1.19 but with 1.06 I would make only 75p so £1.57 potential 'profit' to go back in to the bank. Talking all that, you watch this game be a loser!! But fingers crossed again!

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Getting tempted to back in-play at least one goal in Wigan v Derby. I really can't believe that 4 games in the Premiership are going to end 0-0. So at least 2 of the games will have goals scored in them and I can't see why when Wigan and Derby are fighting for their lives that one goal won't come. Odds of 1.44 make this a very nice looking bet too. Hmmm...

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread Going to go for a goal in Newcastle v Man U as really can't believe the game will end 0-0 seeing as Man U put 6 past them last time out and I'm not sure if Newcastle are any better yet. £14.90 @ 1.07 - which makes for my lowest bet but means all profit is carried through (allowing for Betfair's commission deduction).

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread The odds changed by 0.01 giving me potentially even better value should a goal go in! And Duff almost scored by the sounds of things! There's goals still to come in this game!

Re: Djlion - yes, it's the several and counting 1+ goal thread "and it's Manchester United 2 Newcastle 0 and it's as simple as that!" :nana Was one of those commentary moment when you just know a goal is going to happen. And it did! 2 winners inside 40 minutes! :loon