** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup 21 February

shef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Bayer Leverkusen over 2.5 @ 1.90 Match is pretty even after the 0-0 first leg. Leverkusen have some good players and will be glad to be playing at home in more comfortable surroundings. Look to them to show a big improvement on their first leg performance. At home in the bundesliga they are quite capable of scoring a couple of goals, with 19 goals in 9 home games. Galatasaray have gone over in 6 of their last 8 away games in european cup competition. In the first leg they had quite a few chances to score and should be able to continue making more chances here, and hopefully leading to goals this time. Bordeaux over 2.5 @ 2.15 Bordeaux have gone over in their last 5 UEFA caup games this season as they have shown in the French league that they play an attacking brand of football that saw them thump Monaco 6-0 on the weekend. Anderlecht have scored and conceded in their last 4 UEFA Cup games and with them leading 2-1 form the first leg, look to this tie to be an open affair, especially if Bordeaux score first Tottenham -1.5 @ 2.00 Spurs are leading only 201 after the away leg but now back at home they should finish them off. They should have been up by 4 or more goals away to Slavia Prague who only scored due to a very poor goalkeeping error. Now at White Hart Lane, Spurs have a very good record and should win comfortably Everton -1.5 @ 1.98 Everton lead 2-0 after the first leg and this should be a formality. They have a very good home record in the EPL and Brann haven't really showd much so far, except to see that they are out of their depth in this match up. Everton will want to win this game with goals for their fans so expect them to win by at least a couple of goals

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Hi mates, two bets for me in tonight games: Bordeaux vs Anderlecht @ AWAY (AH +1) 2.10 Ladbrokes I think that the price and/or the handicap are wrong settle here. I agree that Bordeaux is better team than their tonight opponent, also they have striker Fernando Cavenaghi (14 goals 21 matches in all competitions), who is full in confidence right now. They are placed in 2nd position in the table just 1 point behind Lyon and that's just what make me confident in this bet, because their priority is to win the league. They have a great chance to become the first team to dethrone Lyon from the first place, during last six seasons. That doesn't mean that they don't want to progress to next stage in UEFA Cup, but it's not their priority at the moment. Also we must consider that we will lose this bet, only if Bordeaux win by two goals in tonight clash, but here is appear Anderlecht's away records. This season they played 15 games in all competitions (CL qualification, UEFA Cup, domestic League&Cup) and lost only two games with two or more goals difference. Here are their records: 15 4/6/5 20-17. Since the beginning of 2008 they didn't lose any game, made 5 clean sheets, won 5 of them. So they have a decent form, even that they had played against weaker opponents that Bordeaux. I don't know what are their lines for tonight, whether Bordeaux will rest some players or not, but I decided to take this bet without any teams news, because when this info release bookies will recalculate their price (in case of Bordeaux decide to rest players) and there are will not be much value in this bet. Villarreal vs Zenit @ AWAY (AH +1.25) 1.92 Ladbrokes When I selected this bet I used the same reasons as in the first one. The differences are: Positives 1. we have a bigger handicap for away team 2. Villarreal has worse current form than Bordeaux 3. Primera Division must be main goal for Villarreal, as they don't want to lose CL place for next season (Athletico and Espanyol are just 2 and 4 points behind them respectively) 4. in last 17 games Villarreal won only one game with goal difference bigger than 1 goal 5. there are no new injured players for Zenith and Advokaat has a full group to choose Negatives 1. Villarreal have Senna, G. Franco and Capdevila back to the squad and it's will boost them for sure 2. Zenit didn't played a competitive game since December 2007 (if we exclude first leg between them) In both games, I can see an extra time, as a worst scenarios for my bets. So I have an acceptable confidence and I like the prices in these bets. GL tonight :hope

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Hi today im goin for another trble: PANATHINAIKOS GALATASARY AEK ATHENS PAO Pao will be too strong at the back and too clincal at the front for Rangers infront of a hopefully full and hostile Leoforos crowd. Galatasray This game cud go anyway but im hoping that Galatasray will find ther killer touch which escaped them last week and capitalise on Leverkusens recent inconsistancy and have enuf to just snatch it. AEK As Getafe do not have the strongest defence and have not been on the best run of form i think AEK will be able to get 1 or 2 goals from the likes of Rivaldo and Liberopoulos which shud be enuf to see them thorugh to next the round and at 4/1 you cant ingnore them.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February

Bordeaux vs Anderlecht @ AWAY (AH +1) 2.10 Ladbrokes ... I don't know what are their lines for tonight, whether Bordeaux will rest some players or not, but I decided to take this bet without any teams news, because ....
I just see L'Equipe announce that the attack could be Chamakh - Obertan and Cavenaghi will be again on the bench. That is good news for this bet. :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February I fancy Spurs to beat Slavia, but can't back at that price so i'm going to back Robbie Keane to score at anytime 6/5 @ Bet365. He's scored 20 in 35 games, 4 of them in europe and i belive he's having his best season so far, if Spurs are going to win i expect Keane to be on the scoresheet.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Going to have a little go on Joleon Lescott to score anytime for Everton v Brann, he's scored 2 in europe and is a great target at corners and free kicks, always posing a threat and i belive that Brann will have difficulty coping with him at set plays, with Arteta back he'll get some quality ball and no doubt will get a few chances. 6/1 @ Willhills.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Everton are at full strength tonight at home to Brann, with Gardner inelligible due to playing for Spurs. So a strong squad to pick from, obviously didnt have a game at the weekend and dont play until Monday. Bet strong on the home win. I like blackcrow's bet of everton -1.5. thats a great bet.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Panathinaikos v Rangers Time of first goal, 29 mins or after @ 2.05 6/10 The first leg was 0-0 and Rangers will again set up 4-5-1 and be difficult to break downhoping to nick a goal from a set piece or on the break. Not many chances were created in the first leg and while Panathianikos will be more adventorous here they didn't impress me enough going forward in the first leg to back them even at 11/10 but may have a go at them in running depending on how the games going.

SPARTAK MOSCOW v Marseille This looks a fantastic bet seeing as Moscow are chasing a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Marseille are a decent home side but I think seeing as they are 3 goals up they will think the tie is won and they are probably right but I am willing to take the chance on Spartak at odds of 2.32 that they at least win the game.
Spartak Moscow 2-0 Marseille :nana Hope you were on ;)

I am going to look heavily at the odds of the HT/FT market with Spurs/Spurs v Slavia Prague. The away leg Spurs were in comfortable control and has been said ought to have been a few goals clear at half time. In the second half they didn't play so well but the Slavia keeper still made some telling saves including a top corner save from a Berbatov freekick. On Thursday I'm sure Spurs will want to kill the game off before half time. Naturally they will want to ensure progression to the next round but more than that on this occassion. Spurs are playing Chelsea on Sunday and so it is important to get the game done with so that key players may be rested and taken off. Other players will just play at a slower pace for the second half. In short I would not be suprised to see Spurs 3-0 or more up before half time and then in the second half, Slavia to score but Spurs to still end with a comfortable win.
I have decided that this bet does look good, especially with odds @ 1.95 with Betfair. I think that Spurs will win 3-1, going 2-0 up before half time and then resting players. In the second half, concentration will be less so will concede but will still end up with the win and next round against maybe PSV?

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Have to say that I'm also tempted by the Half time score of 'unquoted' - ie more than 2-0. Not saying that it's guaranteed but if Spurs do sparkle tonight and score goals early then 3-0 is possible and the odds of 10.5 for 'unquoted' provide some value.

with the HT FT bet. Does the score go back to 0 at start of 2nd half or is it for the overall score of the game? ie - Spurs win 1st half 4 -0 but lost 2nd half 1-0, do they still win the HT/FT bet?
The bet would still be a winner as even though Spurs lost the second half they were winning at half time and full time.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Unbelieveble!!! I was soooo big on Benfica to qualify and had no hope.:sad But I love this club:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana Gl everybody and believe in it even in last minutes:gimme :beer:beer:beer

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February :@:wall Sorry anyone that took up my HT/FT Spurs tip. :( Thought we didnt do enough first half and so sadly it was proved. Slavia looked like they had something to prove and played well, making it difficult but Spurs really still should have put the game to bed. I ended up losing £22 tonight on Spurs so a bit :@ but guess it happens sometimes.

Thanks JC! What do you personally think about the game? Can Braga at least not to lose this one?
Sorry atothek, But yesterday I logged out after replying to the other question and today I didn't have a chance of coming here all day. Like I said, at this point I don't trust Braga and decided to stay away. Good luck for your bet in case you placed it. :cheers JC

SPARTAK MOSCOW v Marseille This looks a fantastic bet seeing as Moscow are chasing a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Marseille are a decent home side but I think seeing as they are 3 goals up they will think the tie is won and they are probably right but I am willing to take the chance on Spartak at odds of 2.32 that they at least win the game.
Very nice call, not on myself :wall Nice one though :ok