Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

UEFA Cup 21 February

Thursday 21 February 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bayer Leverkusen v Galatasaray (16:00GMT) 1.833.705.00102% Details »
Hide « Bayer Leverkusen v Galatasaray
Hamburger SV v Zürich (16:00GMT) 1.365.1010.00103% Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Zürich
Spartak Moscow v Marseille (16:30GMT) 2.323.403.25103% Details »
Hide « Spartak Moscow v Marseille
Panathinaikos v Rangers (17:00GMT) 1.993.554.33101% Details »
Hide « Panathinaikos v Rangers
Bayern München v Aberdeen (17:45GMT) 1.167.2020.00105% Details »
Hide « Bayern München v Aberdeen
Atlético v Bolton (19:45GMT) 1.524.007.80104% Details »
Hide « Atlético v Bolton
Bordeaux v Anderlecht (19:45GMT) 1.613.756.60104% Details »
Hide « Bordeaux v Anderlecht
Fiorentina v Rosenborg (19:45GMT) 1.395.0010.00102% Details »
Hide « Fiorentina v Rosenborg
Getafe v AEK Athens (19:45GMT) 1.693.806.00102% Details »
Hide « Getafe v AEK Athens
Helsingborgs IF v PSV (19:45GMT) 3.603.452.11104% Details »
Hide « Helsingborgs IF v PSV
Tottenham v Slavia Praha (19:45GMT) 1.365.8012.0099% Details »
Hide « Tottenham v Slavia Praha
Villarreal v Zenit (19:45GMT) 1.504.207.60104% Details »
Hide « Villarreal v Zenit
Basel v Sporting (20:00GMT) 2.503.352.80106% Details »
Hide « Basel v Sporting
Everton v Brann (20:00GMT) 1.285.9015.50101% Details »
Hide « Everton v Brann
Nürnberg v Benfica (20:00GMT) 2.503.302.84106% Details »
Hide « Nürnberg v Benfica
Braga v Werder Bremen (21:30GMT) 3.503.652.10104% Details »
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February leverkusen-galatasaray match will be played in germany.. there are lots of turkish supporters will be there and gala wont fell that it is away.. first in turkey, gala played very impressive and got lots of goal pisitions.. but our striker ümit karan,hakan şÃ¼kür and nonda are so unlucky.. and leverkusen goalkeeper rene adler was so lucky.. and gala could win 3-0 or something like that.. gala will play same squad and all our injured players are ready.. i watched last match of leverkusen in bundesliga and there is no chance for leverkusen.. these odds are value for me.. gala not to lose; 2.1 sportingbet

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February SPARTAK MOSCOW v Marseille This looks a fantastic bet seeing as Moscow are chasing a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Marseille are a decent home side but I think seeing as they are 3 goals up they will think the tie is won and they are probably right but I am willing to take the chance on Spartak at odds of 2.32 that they at least win the game.

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Bordeaux Over 2,5 goals. As mentioned here before by other guys French teams are good on the Over market in the Euro Cups. I am not happy with 1,57 for the home win, it surely reflects the current class difference, but it doesn't reflect the fact that Anderlecht are a team with great traditions in the Cups, a team that managed to turn the reverse game in the injury time, a team which is slowly recovering from a poor start of the season. Bordeaux need to win by 2 to qualify, Anderlecht need to score to keep some chances. A defensive approach vs a team which scored 6 in 45 mins in Monaco yesterday will be a suicide. My pick is Over 2 at 1,64 with 10 points and another 10 points on Over 2,5 at the amazing odds of 2,21 :loon as all I had to do is follow Bordeaux results all season, both in UEFA and Ligue 1. Hate the word ''banker'', but I seriously think 2,21 is a mistake by the bookies and these odds will go down. Good luck

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February

leverkusen-galatasaray match will be played in germany.. there are lots of turkish supporters will be there and gala wont fell that it is away.. first in turkey, gala played very impressive and got lots of goal pisitions.. but our striker ümit karan,hakan şÃ¼kür and nonda are so unlucky.. and leverkusen goalkeeper rene adler was so lucky.. and gala could win 3-0 or something like that.. gala will play same squad and all our injured players are ready.. i watched last match of leverkusen in bundesliga and there is no chance for leverkusen.. these odds are value for me.. gala not to lose; 2.1 sportingbet
It will be interesting to see how Gala will do now on the postponed match at Konyaspor, players rested, injuries etc. Going for Gala vs a well rested and football-hungry top 5 German team with great home record, hummm... I am following Gala on the in-play atm, we'll see...

It will be interesting to see how Gala will do now on the postponed match at Konyaspor, players rested, injuries etc. Going for Gala vs a well rested and football-hungry top 5 German team with great home record, hummm... I am following Gala on the in-play atm, we'll see...
gala players is not rested infact they r more tired cause they beat konya today at 1pm noon so they r extremly tired...They will travel from Konya TO İstanbul Then To Germany...So think twice if u gonna bet this game...

nicko, could you please explain the difference between over 2 and over 2.5? bordeaux only have to win by 1 goal not 2, as long as they dont concede...
With Over 2 you get far more safety, as if only a total of 2 goals is scored in the game you get your money back, for instance the FT score is 1-1 and you have staked 100 Euro, you win nothing no matter what the odds are , but you get your 100 Euro stake back. You are only winning if there are 3 or more goals. With Over 2,5 you need a minimum of 3 goals in the game to win and you lose your stake if only 2 or less goals are scored. The same logic applies with Over 3 and Over 3,5. In the case of Bordeaux I have staked altogether 20 points. If Bordeaux win by 2-0, I only get my 10 points back and lose the other 10. If Bordeaux win by 2-1, or draw 2-2, or win 3-1 ( or lose 1-2 ), both my bets are winning.. In fact this bet wasn't very clever :) but it is already with the bookie. I still reccomend Over 2 in this game as the odds are good and the probability is high enough. Hope that makes sense, and good luck

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Totenham - Slavia Praha Last week, Tottenham won 2:1 and had some luck in the second half, where Slavia hit the crossbar and could made it 2:2. But to tell the truth Spurs were some class above Slavia. In the first half, Spurs could be 4:0 up, but they missed some good chances. Slavia played on sunday night with budejovice. I was high on them, but they were bad. Just scored a goal in the 84.minute, but were the whole game without ideas, without assignment. U can see the thing, they played just two matches after winter break. First with spurs last week and than the league game with Budejovice. On the other hand Spurs are playing during the whole winter... To tell the truth, i expected something about 1,2 on Spurs and everything about 1,35 is a gift for me:nana

SPARTAK MOSCOW v Marseille This looks a fantastic bet seeing as Moscow are chasing a 3 goal lead from the first leg. Marseille are a decent home side but I think seeing as they are 3 goals up they will think the tie is won and they are probably right but I am willing to take the chance on Spartak at odds of 2.32 that they at least win the game.
I have the same feeling that OM will not do their best in 2nd leg having 3-0 from first game. I see a narrow SPARTAK WIN here and the odds are great (2.30)! Coach Eric Gerets (OM) travel with strong squad but I wouldn't be suprised to see some of the key players being rested: GK: Mandanda, Carrasso DEF: Faty, Givet, Taiwo, Krupoviesa, Bonnart, Sabo MID: Cana, Kaboré, Nasri, Valbuena, Zenden, Oruma, Ziani, M'Bami FOR: Cissé, Niang, Ayew Unavailable: Grandin, Akalé, Rodriguez, Zubar, Cheyrou, L. N'Diaye, Barrillon, M'Bow, Hamel, Maté, Krstic. Unfortunately, I have no news from Moscow for now on...

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February I am going to look heavily at the odds of the HT/FT market with Spurs/Spurs v Slavia Prague. The away leg Spurs were in comfortable control and has been said ought to have been a few goals clear at half time. In the second half they didn't play so well but the Slavia keeper still made some telling saves including a top corner save from a Berbatov freekick. On Thursday I'm sure Spurs will want to kill the game off before half time. Naturally they will want to ensure progression to the next round but more than that on this occassion. Spurs are playing Chelsea on Sunday and so it is important to get the game done with so that key players may be rested and taken off. Other players will just play at a slower pace for the second half. In short I would not be suprised to see Spurs 3-0 or more up before half time and then in the second half, Slavia to score but Spurs to still end with a comfortable win.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventEverton - Brann
SelectionBrann +1,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date21/02/2008
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningEverton have a comfortable lead after the match in Bergen. Everton were clearly the better team (more so in the second half), but both goals could have been disallowed (tackle giving Everton the ball on 1-0 would often have resulted in a free kick, and 2-0 was an offside goal). Now Everton can play without pressure, knowing that they’re almost certainly through to the next round. David Moyes can rest some players if he wants (read conflicting news), even though he’ll know after the previous match that playing Brann isn’t a walk-over. Brann are a weaker team than Everton, but for Norwegians playing an English Premier League team is very big (most Norwegian football supporters have an English favourite team in addition to their local team. There will also be Norwegians supporting Everton). The players will be top motivated for this match, which we saw in the first half of the first match as well. Brann are not going to Liverpool expecting to knock Everton out of the cup, but they will be motivated to give Everton a good match. Brann don’t have any major injury concerns, even though a few players might have late fitness tests. Everton will not loose this match, but I don’t see why they would win this match by at least 2 goals considering they’ve already got a 2-0 lead from the first match.

Spartak/Marseille DRAW
Everton (Banker) Wader Bremen Arsenal (Champ League) 17.29 / 1 Im A newbee on this forum & just throwing my twopence out there, Normally for accumulator I go for 2 or 3 teams max, However watch as my banker EVE Lets me down. Spartak Will Come Out fighting against Marseille looking to break through early, However Marseille will sit tight & I feel they have more than enough to deal with what Spartak Can Throw at them. Bremen Have more than enough to get past a Braga side that has'nt won in 8 outtings Home & Away, Conseding 16 to boot, with confidence high In Bremen After 2 straight wins & a Crediable draw away to Munic I can only see a Confident Sturdy Victory for the Germans. Everton will be out to make sure of safe passage through to next round against the Norweigiens who are still in Pre-Season and who posse as little a threat to the Toffee's who under David Moyles will accept nothin less than a win in front of his own fans. Arsenal and quite possibly the trickiest of the bunch, I dont expect this to be easy by any means, very Far from it but im willing to take a punt at this as after looking deeply at this fixture I truely believe Arsenal have what it takes to beat A.C. They know nothing other than a victory will be good enough to leave them with any chance of progression, They took a hiding at the weekend from my beloved Man Utd but at home they are a diferent team, Full Of swagger, Pace, Youth and The Ability to break open the top teams. Arsene Rested some key players at the weekend by giving them bit part tasks in the F.A Cup defeat but he has had his eye on this game for some time, So with Aresenal Coming Hard, Fast & Showing Controlled aggression they should have the killer instinct that will breach the Not As Consistant & Leaky Defence of Milan, Coming with Injury Woes and trouble in the ranks I cant see milan being able to quell the attacks that will just keep coming at them. HERES HOPING ANYWAY :nana

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Can someone from Portugal tell if Braga's latest league loss was due to their minds being in the UEFA game or due to their poor ability playing football? I don't think Werder will field their best players with an important game coming up in the German league just 2 days afterwards. Besides i don't know about Braga too much, but to me according to their results it looks like the team is a bit unfortunate getting them, so if someone could shed some light here...

gala players is not rested infact they r more tired cause they beat konya today at 1pm noon so they r extremly tired...They will travel from Konya TO İstanbul Then To Germany...So think twice if u gonna bet this game...
They travelled from Konya to Ankara, from Ankara to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Germany.. I dont think that GS'll stand and wait Leverkusen for this match.. So a good news for GS that "man of first match because of his incredible saves" R. Adler is out for this match and also Rolfes,too.. I think both offensive teams'll try to qualify.. Both teams to score and Over 2.5 GOALS are the best bet options IMO.. GL ;)

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Luca Toni to score anytime for Bayern Munich against Aberdeen must be worth a little punt..he scored a nice hat-trick on Sunday and against a not to rock solid Aberdeen defence he must be in with a shout. Luca Toni @1.90 to score anytime and a smaller bet on Luca Toni @ 3.75 to score first :hope

Will Werder Bremen really try to score goals though? They already lead will they not rest players?
Bremen's top star player Brazilian International midfielder Diego didn't travel with the team but it looks like all others are playing.
Can someone from Portugal tell if Braga's latest league loss was due to their minds being in the UEFA game or due to their poor ability playing football? I don't think Werder will field their best players with an important game coming up in the German league just 2 days afterwards. Besides i don't know about Braga too much' date=' but to me according to their results it looks like the team is a bit unfortunate getting them, so if someone could shed some light here...[/quote'] Braga's recent form is awful and the coach is currently under a lot of pressure from the fans. Braga has an excellent group of players but after Christmas they seemed to just stop playing as a team and make far too many defensive mistakes. Rumors are that there's some tension in the locker room between the coach and some of the players... ..."at the moment I only trust Braga as far as I can throw them" :D... Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February The odds in the Getafe - AEK game are a bit weird to me, hope some Greek or Spanish guys would comment. The HW is only priced at 1,50, AEK + 0,75 is 2,175. The first leg at 1-1 gives massive advantage to the hosts, but 1,50 for a HW vs a top3 Greek team with far better experience in the Euro Cups is way too low... AEK have a massive game on Sunday vs Panathinaikos, while Getafe are relaxed ( more or less ) in the middle of the table, so achieving more in UEFA to a small club would be great. The point is do AEK need UEFA Cup games anymore? Standing 2 and 4 points less than their main rivals in Greece for a CL spot ??? Outside this question I am sure AEK could take this one at least in OT in 7 out of 10 games, so the AH line looks great.....

Braga's recent form is awful and the coach is currently under a lot of pressure from the fans. Braga has an excellent group of players but after Christmas they seemed to just stop playing as a team and make far too many defensive mistakes. Rumors are that there's some tension in the locker room between the coach and some of the players... ..."at the moment I only trust Braga as far as I can throw them" :D... Good luck! JC
Thanks JC! What do you personally think about the game? Can Braga at least not to lose this one?

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Hamburger will rest some of their first 11 for sure as of their Sunday game away to Bayern and the result in the first leg in Zurich. Wouldn't touch this one with the choice today, but if I have to, then Zurich +1,25 would be my choice. As posted above by zicko re the Everton game tonight...

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February For me tonight is has to be Bremen. Although the tie looks like it is over, Braga are on terrible form just now and I can see Bremen having too much for them. There is a risk that Bremen will field a weaker team as they are 3-0 up. But I am counting on them having learnt from last years Ajax game - where they were 3-0 up after the home leg, and lost the away leg 3-1. I expect a professional performance from them tonight and could well possibly sneak a win. Odds of about 1.8 on Betfair for the -0 AH are very tempting to play it a bit safer, as I can't see them getting beaten tonight. Steve.

The odds in the Getafe - AEK game are a bit weird to me, hope some Greek or Spanish guys would comment. The HW is only priced at 1,50, AEK + 0,75 is 2,175. The first leg at 1-1 gives massive advantage to the hosts, but 1,50 for a HW vs a top3 Greek team with far better experience in the Euro Cups is way too low... AEK have a massive game on Sunday vs Panathinaikos, while Getafe are relaxed ( more or less ) in the middle of the table, so achieving more in UEFA to a small club would be great. The point is do AEK need UEFA Cup games anymore? Standing 2 and 4 points less than their main rivals in Greece for a CL spot ??? Outside this question I am sure AEK could take this one at least in OT in 7 out of 10 games, so the AH line looks great.....
I agree here that the odds here are too low for HW. Getafe favorite here, they've been playing good lately after a bad start of the season, but at these odds I would rather take AEK AH +1 at 1.87 (betfair). All Getafe games in the UEFA Cup so far have been close (1-0, 1-2 and 2-1).

Re: UEFA Cup 21 February Nurenberg - Benfica

The stadium will be full for another game of Uefa and hopes to be a fantastic environment for the home team, are big. In the 1 st game at Lisbon, after Benfica scored first goal, team of Nurenberga dominated the game and the last half hour was all for German team. The coach of Nur. took the team 2 days before it came to Benfica and as such could not have his finger, then they go to Bremen, and with 10 players lost 2-0. But today is diferent, in there first game at Nurenberg stadium there coach will want to win this match, and show ahead of its public that they still have word to say in this cup. With Koller and Charisteas in front, there will be much ball in the air and much work waiting for Benfica defenders, that sometimes makes junior mistakes in this type of games in Uefa competitions. Benfica, already previewing an strong start of game from Nur. will start with some cautions from coach Camacho, and certainty that one of the two fowards in the team, will stay in the bench to strengthen the midfield with one more unit . More, if by chance someone like statistics, Benfica in Germany made 10 games never won none, the best that could do, was 2 draws, very little. So frankly in my view, will be very difficult to Benfica win, as the Germans like to run for the goalposts opponent in faster counter-attacks, soo Benfica was to score, if not the game will become very dificult for them. Pick: 4/10 Nurenberg ( 0) @1.84 Mansion88