** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup

Re: Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup

If Monets was ever going to beat Kauto it was earlier in the season, good ground, shorter trip and getting lots of weight. Hard to see it reverse that today and connections moaning about them watering the ground to favour Kauto and to get the punters in. I just hope nothing goes wrong with Kauto because Kauto V Denman will be a classic. I expected KS to be about 1-4.
With it being so close to Cheltenham I had a horrible feeling something might go wrong. Conspiracy theorists may say this is just an excuse to keep the horses apart and avoid running against each other. I can't imagine people laying it at big prices without knowing something was wrong.

Re: Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup if its sprained a fetlock like the RP is saying, not sure what that means for the GC but with it only 4 weeks away, doesnt look good. Feel for connections but thats the game I'm afraid. As you know, my old man knows the owner so i will get a fairly decent update on this from the horses mouth so to speak.

Fcuk the betting' date=' I don't care if prices drift or shorten. I just wanna watch the battle coming 14th March. Otherwise the Gold Cup will be just another race on the Cheltenham card and Denman will destroy them.[/quote'] :clap well said my friend. :hope they both go to post 14th March. The race looks a match unless ED can be considered fit enough.

Fcuk the betting' date=' I don't care if prices drift or shorten. I just wanna watch the battle coming 14th March. Otherwise the Gold Cup will be just another race on the Cheltenham card and Denman will destroy them.[/quote'] totally agree with you here mate not a big enough punter myself to make any money with these two so short in the betting,i was just looking forward to the race and hoping the best horse would win hope KS is ok because it should be a thriller :hope:hope:hope

Fcuk the betting' date=' I don't care if prices drift or shorten. I just wanna watch the battle coming 14th March. Otherwise the Gold Cup will be just another race on the Cheltenham card and Denman will destroy them.[/quote'] :okTop post, i agree 110% we need KAuto there and waiting in anticipation for the news

Re: Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup A HUGELY relieved Paul Nicholls this morning said that the scare over Kauto Star's fitness was all but over. Back home at Ditcheat after impressively winning the Grade 1 Ascot Chaseyesterday Nicholls and head lad Clifford Baker took the shoe off the hind leg to relieve any pressure and poulticed the foot over night. It was at this point they were confident the problem was not serious." Nicholls said this morning: "I've had a very sleepless night but fortunately this morning puss came out of the foot when we took the poultice off and when we trotted him up he was virtually sound. "There will be no setback with his training." Phew!!!

Re: Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup so now the scare is over.....who else was too tempted by the odds that became available?? Has a nibble @4.3 which could be huge. Cracking news for racing on the whole, and we are now set for perhaps what should be cetainly the math of the decade. I havent been as excited about the prospect since the champion chase duels between Moscow Flyer, Azertyuiop and lattelry Well Chief.

Re: Kauto Star doubt for Gold Cup What a surprise! I bet those connected to Nicholls yard including Denmans owner Harry Findlay have a nice book now on the race. Apparently he was very confident last night the injury was only minor. After watching Neptune Collonges yesterday they must have every chance of a 1-2-3. Just pleased we are going to see the clash, cant help thinking if Kauto gets beat and i think he might, they now have a ready installed excuse in print.