** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

100% Madness

madnesstiger

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 (01): HOFFENHEIM VS AUGSBURG, LAY 0-0 @ 15.5 :) BANK1 (02): TRANMERE ROVERS VS SWINDON, LAY 0-0 @ 14.5, LIABILITY £214.17 :hope BANK2 (01): ERZGEBIRGE VS MAINZ 05, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5 :) BANK2 (02): AMIENS VS LE HAVRE, LAY 0-0 @ 9.6, LIABILITY £214.17 :hope Maybe something to note, maybe not.. just thought of this really simple method of elimination for picking 1+ goals selections: Look for the number of draws the teams have had in their recent matches - the less the better, as a win or a loss obviously means there was at least 1 goal! Used this method to select the French match above - only 1 draw from either team in their past 6 matches. Theoretically then, there's an 8.3% chance of a draw, even less chance of a 0-0, as the draw could well be 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc. Just a thought to go along with checking recent clean sheets & goals scored in recent games. :ok

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 (01): HOFFENHEIM VS AUGSBURG, LAY 0-0 @ 15.5 :) BANK1 (02): TRANMERE ROVERS VS SWINDON, LAY 0-0 @ 14.5 :) BANK2 (01): ERZGEBIRGE VS MAINZ 05, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5 :) BANK2 (02): AMIENS VS LE HAVRE, LAY 0-0 @ 9.6 :) TOTAL BANK: £867.10 2xBANKS: £233.55 SAFE: £400.00

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 (01): HOFFENHEIM VS AUGSBURG, LAY 0-0 @ 15.5 :) BANK1 (02): TRANMERE ROVERS VS SWINDON, LAY 0-0 @ 14.5 :) BANK1 (03A): D NALBANDIAN to beat X MALISSE @ 1.37 :hope (2-attempt bet) BANK2 (01): ERZGEBIRGE VS MAINZ 05, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5 :) BANK2 (02): AMIENS VS LE HAVRE, LAY 0-0 @ 9.6 :)

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 (01): HOFFENHEIM VS AUGSBURG, LAY 0-0 @ 15.5 :) BANK1 (02): TRANMERE ROVERS VS SWINDON, LAY 0-0 @ 14.5 :) BANK1 (03A): D NALBANDIAN to beat X MALISSE @ 1.37 :eyes BANK1 (03B): (NHL) COLORADO VS EDMONTON, LAY TIE @ 4.5 :hope BANK2 (01): ERZGEBIRGE VS MAINZ 05, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5 :) BANK2 (02): AMIENS VS LE HAVRE, LAY 0-0 @ 9.6 :)

Re: 100% Madness Was railing this one for you buddy... Unfortunately Colorado scored with 6 seconds left to tie it at 4-4 :( Seems that when it doesn't go your way, it does it in the worst way. Hopefully you bounce back and continue with the other bank! after all, what you've already done with the original starting bank is crazy enough!

Re: 100% Madness Gosh, nightmare mate, when your lucks out, its out i suppose. :puke One thing though, just noticed, the bets you seem to lose on are the non football bets. Do you have a good knowledge of these other sports? It's just i think for these sort of threads where bets can run into the 100's, i think it's a good idea to stick to your 'forte'. For example, I only stick to football and horse racing, my two specialities (i use that term very loosely!). Of course, you can get a hefty dose of bad luck with any bet, which is what this loss may have been, but I think you can minimise bad luck by stickign to your fortes. :ok

Re: 100% Madness UNBELIEVABLE!! First, the World No.7 David Nalbandian was defeated in straight sets against Xavier Malisse whi has just come back from a fairly lengthy injury spell, and as was mentioned above, Colorado equalised with 6 seconds remaining in the NHL! :@ And what made it even worse was that, with a bit of finger trouble, more money was staked in the NHL game than intended. The bank now stands at just £565.22, which is still a fair whack I suppose, given what I started with, but has been reduced by almost £800 in no time at all! I think this part of the thread is what they call 'On Tilt'!! ***

One thing though, just noticed, the bets you seem to lose on are the non football bets. Do you have a good knowledge of these other sports? It's just i think for these sort of threads where bets can run into the 100's, i think it's a good idea to stick to your 'forte'.
As much as I like to think I know enough about the other sports to be able to place a wager or two on them, maybe I should stick to my strengths afterall, unless I'm absolutely certain about my selection on the 'secondary' events. Thanks mate for pointing it out - it's the sort of thing that doesn't get spotted easily by the one placing the bets! Where to from here then?!... Well, after having a nosey around pages and pages of GH threads whilst watching the NHL match clock tick down in Colorado, I found a few threads which I might want to have a go at, including one entitled 'Evil's Quest For Glory' in which I may use £100 of the bank to see where it gets me - at the worst, I lose £100 (which seems like nothing after the past few days' evnts!), but looks to have the ability to create a fairly substantial payout. As for the remaining money, why not carry on using my own system which got me to over £1.2k in the first place! Summary:
  • £565.22 remaining form recent failures
  • £100.00 to fund attempt at new system based on Evil's Quest For Glory' - SEE NEW THREAD - COMING SOON!!!
  • £400.00 to be split as usual and to continue this thread
  • £65.22 for a rainy day!

Hopefully I'm at the bottom of a trough, and maybe, just maybe, my luck will change for the better and get me back on my way to riches... only time will tell!

Re: 100% Madness I'm with you on the old firm game mate. :hope After a slow start, the game is hotting and there's sure to be goals in it, from either team. *Just heard a stat - celtic haven't scored in the last 3 games, they have NEver gone 4 games without scoring!* (But i suppose records are there to be broken!). £565.22 is still a fantastic profit mate. It's all about readjusting your mindset and not looking for bets that will give you a quick return, just keep plodding on as you were before. :ok As i've written this there coudl have been 3 goals in the old firm game!

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET! TOTAL BANK: £478.58 Went out for a meal whilst the Charlton match was on, so it was a nice surprise to come back to see there had been 5 goals in the match! Still cannot believe how much bad luck I've had over the past few days. Hopefully I will be able to put it behind me and continue still in good spirit. It would be stupid of me to go silly and lose the lot, so have got to keep my head screwed on and remember that there's no rush and to only bet if I really think there is a good chance of it winning. PS: It is still planned that £100 from the TOTAL BANK will go towards funding my new system - a take on EvilChris's 'Quest For Glory'. Stay tuned! :ok

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK1 (03): SPARTA ROTTERDA VS WILLEM II, LAY 0-0 @ 16.0, LIABILITY £178.50 :hope BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET!

Re: 100% Madness BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK1 (03): SPARTA ROTTERDA VS WILLEM II, LAY 0-0 @ 16.0 :) BANK1 (04): LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON, LAY 0-0 @ 10.5, LIABILITY £189.90 :hope BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET!

Re: 100% Madness A goal after 7minutes at Anfield seals that one. Off to Denmark for the next installment. 1700GMT kick-off. BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK1 (03): SPARTA ROTTERDA VS WILLEM II, LAY 0-0 @ 16.0 :) BANK1 (04): LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON, LAY 0-0 @ 10.5 :) BANK1 (05): BRONDBY VS AAB, LAY 1-0 @ 11.5, LIABILITY £208.74 :hope BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET!

Re: 100% Madness Boy is it confusing having two systems working off one bankroll! Anyway, I've let all the bets settle and the bet statement to catch up, and I've worked out what's where! BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK1 (03): SPARTA ROTTERDA VS WILLEM II, LAY 0-0 @ 16.0 :) BANK1 (04): LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON, LAY 0-0 @ 10.5 :) BANK1 (05): BRONDBY VS AAB, LAY 1-0 @ 11.5 :) BANK1 (06): CLUB BRUGGE VS RACING GENK, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5, LIABILITY £227.75 :hope BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET!

Re: 100% Madness 5 goals in the first half in Brugge make this probably the easiest one yet! BANK1 BANK2 BANK1 (01): RANGERS VS CELTIC, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.2 (0-0, 27MINS) :) BANK1 (02): CHARLTON VS WOLVES, TOTAL GOALS 2+ @ 1.40 :) BANK1 (03): SPARTA ROTTERDA VS WILLEM II, LAY 0-0 @ 16.0 :) BANK1 (04): LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON, LAY 0-0 @ 10.5 :) BANK1 (05): BRONDBY VS AAB, LAY 1-0 @ 11.5 :) BANK1 (06): CLUB BRUGGE VS RACING GENK, LAY 0-0 @ 13.5 :) BANK2 (01): GILLINGHAM VS CARLISLE UTD, LAY 0-0 @ 12.5 :@ END OF BANK2, AFTER 1 BET!

Re: 100% Madness Financial Update:

• £96.10 is the current balance of the '8 Stages of Madness' system.
  • £200.00 has been kept to one side for safe keeping
  • £243.16 is the current bank for this sytem.
  • £539.26 is the current 'total bank'

System Theory: After carrying out a few sums, I have found the odds allowed so as to give this system 2-attempts at a win whilst still being able to go for a 1+ total goals bet. However, rather than aim for 5% profit per bet, I have to aim lower - for only a 1.5% profit per bet (as per GuyFawkes 'Pay Off Our Loan' system). Afterall, I would rather have two attempts at winning 1.5% than have just 1 attempt at winning 5%. As shown within this thread, the most likely-looking of bets can still go horribly wrong! So... I've taken the executive decision to employ this new tactic from now on in order to keep the bankroll ticking over, whilst continuing my failiong attempts in my other thread! Note: Based on 1 bet per day, each month we can expect the following:

• At 5% profit per bet = 310% monthly profit
  • At 1.5% profit per bet = 54% monthly profit
Both are much better than what you would get from the bank! Based on 2-attempts per win, here's the odds allowed (these DO NOT take commission into account):
  • 1.06 & 1.36
  • 1.07 & 1.30
  • 1.08 & 1.25
  • 1.09 & 1.22
  • 1.10 & 1.20
  • 1.11 & 1.18
  • 1.12 & 1.16
  • 1.13 & 1.15
  • 1.14 & 1.14

With the first odds being a realistic figure for a 1+ goals bet, and the second odds being a realistic figure for something like a 'banker' away win (1.36) or a LAY of an unlikely 'correct score' bet. Now I've explained all that, I will expect to lose my first attempt!