The PL Spirit

BAM

I've been playing PL games for two years now and their great attraction (apart from the value) is you get a proper game of poker played in the right spirit. Last night that was ruined (for me) by a member who was generally abusive after this particular hand. ***** Hand 942164955 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 05 February 2008 20:56:22 PL Festival (Real/Tournament) Seat 2: wallg1 (1591.00) Seat 3: morlspin (2087.00) Seat 4: MCFC81 (5514.00) Seat 5: Viva Hate (3858.00) Seat 6: PLgazza (4553.00) Seat 7: thecrocpl (2845.00) Seat 8: HectorMcG (5372.00) Seat 9: Scaramoosh (2505.00) Seat 10: Xtrmntr2 (2625.00) MCFC81 post SB 75.00 Viva Hate post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** wallg1 [N/A, N/A] morlspin [N/A, N/A] MCFC81 [7c, Ac] Viva Hate [N/A, N/A] PLgazza [N/A, N/A] thecrocpl [N/A, N/A] HectorMcG [N/A, N/A] Scaramoosh [N/A, N/A] Xtrmntr2 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** PLgazza Fold thecrocpl Fold HectorMcG Fold Scaramoosh Fold Xtrmntr2 Fold wallg1 Fold morlspin Fold MCFC81 Raise to 450.00 Viva Hate Call 450.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h] *** Bet Round 2 *** MCFC81 Bet 600.00 Viva Hate Raise to 1200.00 MCFC81 Call 1200.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h, 9s] *** Bet Round 3 *** MCFC81 Check Viva Hate Check *** River(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h, 9s, 7d] *** Bet Round 4 *** MCFC81 Check Viva Hate Bet 300.00 MCFC81 Call 300.00 *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 3900.00 wallg1 Fold Win: 0.00 morlspin Fold Win: 0.00 MCFC81 [7c, Ac] Three of a kind, sevens, ace kicker Win: 3900.00 Viva Hate [6s, 7s] Three of a kind, sevens Win: 0.00 PLgazza Fold Win: 0.00 thecrocpl Fold Win: 0.00 HectorMcG Fold Win: 0.00 Scaramoosh Fold Win: 0.00 Xtrmntr2 Fold Win: 0.00 My synopsis of the hand is - I had a legitimate raising hand HU he made a dubious call. After the flop I hit bottom pair bet to find out where I am, get a min raise getting 4.5/1 to call. Check the flop as I am now thinking I am behind and the straight is obvious, he checks. I check the river for the same reasons and then call a paltry bet giving me 13/1. I thought I played the hand well, he launched into a 'FFS' and 'luckbox ' tirade. I couldn't see what was lucky about the hand we had the same hand :lol he just played it badly. He continued his childish rant and ended up calling me a maggot :eek. (I hope this guy is 6'5" or has a black belt in biting ankles) I expect this off the normal Virgin poker player and I usually have no chat on Virgin but I turned it on last night for a 'friendly' PL game. I turned it off again, so I am not sure if it continued but it soured the moment for me and the atmosphere at the table was a little strained until he went out after another great play. I don't mind new members playing, the more the merrier, maybe when you give them the password they should be reminded that we try not to play our games in the spirit of a Boss Saturday night freeroll.

Re: The PL Spirit That was me. I called a raise when I thought you were stealing. You bet out and I reraised. When i eventually hit 3 of a kind I thought I was probably ahead. A reasonabe assumption I'm sure you'll agree. When I put FFS it's because I was frustrated. That was in no way having a go at you and i'm not sure how you think it could be. As for 'luckbox' once again your mistaken because it wasn't me who put that. Then you started abusing me for calling a raise with chit which annoyed me a bit because you had already won the hand. I put shh maggot to end the conversation. I apologise sincerely if I caused offence. It wasn't my intention.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.