** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) ...strange, despite being (well, at least making me think they were) an Austrian company, Bwin aren't actually having the Kalsdorf game on their books for today, but not to worry, it IS available on Admiral, Begawin, Bet-At-Home and GWBet, best odds from Begawin/Bet-At-Home

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss)

Much better is available. You can get 1.44 with Betdirect' date=' Skybet or Stan James. This may be better value than the AH on this occasion.[/quote'] I'll always post the odds from bWin, bet365 or pinnacle though (unless for some odd reason...as with today - there is a game not covered by both). But when i've implemented my 'odds getter', i'll have the time to perhaps post the best odds. But as i've said in the past, posting the best odds available (and using up a majority of different bookies) is simply an unrealistic way to judge a system, since I myself wouldn't be bookie hopping - and with the games LSS brings up, there would be the 'need' to spread the betting bank so thin to cover all the bookies. I guess my main reason is that I would want LSS to follow as closely as possible to a punter starting up with 100pts and only having access to those three bookies. It's much harder to keep track of the collective bank if having to monitor so many different sites, especially if they aren't used too often...but perhaps I could get the thoughts of you (or anyone else) who DOES split their bank this way? :ok ....and in the end, it's much more straightforward (...well, a little easier anyway) to post from just the three. ;)

...strange' date= despite being (well, at least making me think they were) an Austrian company, Bwin aren't actually having the Kalsdorf game on their books for today, but not to worry, it IS available on Admiral, Begawin, Bet-At-Home and GWBet, best odds from Begawin/Bet-At-Home
seems they took my advice, Kalsdorf IS now on bWin, for 1.30 :tongue2

I'll always post the odds from bWin, bet365 or pinnacle though (unless for some odd reason...as with today - there is a game not covered by both). But when i've implemented my 'odds getter', i'll have the time to perhaps post the best odds. But as i've said in the past, posting the best odds available (and using up a majority of different bookies) is simply an unrealistic way to judge a system, since I myself wouldn't be bookie hopping - and with the games LSS brings up, there would be the 'need' to spread the betting bank so thin to cover all the bookies. I guess my main reason is that I would want LSS to follow as closely as possible to a punter starting up with 100pts and only having access to those three bookies. It's much harder to keep track of the collective bank if having to monitor so many different sites, especially if they aren't used too often...but perhaps I could get the thoughts of you (or anyone else) who DOES split their bank this way? :ok ....and in the end, it's much more straightforward (...well, a little easier anyway) to post from just the three. ;)
Fully understand my friend. Normally, when suggesting a bet, the poster suggests the best odds he has found. I totally appreciate why you do not wish to do that. But I felt it appropriate, just for the benefit of everyone else who might have assumed (based on other threads) that the 1.37 was the best odds available, and felt it was too low a price. I suspect that a lot of your readers do have accounts with at least one of the three bookies I quoted, so was just trying to be helpful to them :ok

Fully understand my friend. Normally, when suggesting a bet, the poster suggests the best odds he has found. I totally appreciate why you do not wish to do that. But I felt it appropriate, just for the benefit of everyone else who might have assumed (based on other threads) that the 1.37 was the best odds available, and felt it was too low a price. I suspect that a lot of your readers do have accounts with at least one of the three bookies I quoted, so was just trying to be helpful to them :ok
...i appreciate it and you should continue! I was just trying to shed a little light on why I don't appear to pay too much attention to the other bookies (in case people are thinking i'm sponsored by Pinnacle, Bet365 and bWin :)). When my i'm done with my odds getter, i'll add another column for best odds or something like that....and perhaps then add another column to the stats to let people know how the sysem would fare on best odds too.

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) ...annoying, Pinnacle make it late and DO end up having Al Gharrafa, pity that I only just found out, since the game started 10 minutes ago. It was for [email protected]. Not sure if I would have suggested it, since the score prediction was only 2-0 (maybe in fact i would have gone against it), but it would have been nice to have the option available, instead of the tiny 1.17 :@

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) having a great deal of difficulty posting anything on here today (yesterdays results, the stats....eventually predictions for today)....dont know if it's all my three browsers (opera, internet explorer, firefox) or my internet connection. But whatever it is, means i haven't been able to run my data update yet, and whenever I try to post my results (and stats) it's not coming out right :s ...and so, in light of this - no selections for today. hopefully all sorted by tomorrow (or later in the day)

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) Hi man, GL with your system, pls tell me where can you bet on Romania league III??? I sow you post steaua II vs medgidia... I'm from Romania and I know sometimes a lot of "sure" picks in III league, a lot of fixed games in this country...

Hi man, GL with your system, pls tell me where can you bet on Romania league III??? I sow you post steaua II vs medgidia... I'm from Romania and I know sometimes a lot of "sure" picks in III league, a lot of fixed games in this country...
:welcome to Punter's Lounge Bastia! As i've said in my thread (and others) a few times, at present, no way to bet on every one of such low leagues, but I do believe that in the future this may change, although, if as you say, corruption is present, it might take a while. And then it would probably be at the "expense" of match-fixing (meaning you wont be able to bet on these games and know for *sure* who will win). After all, what bookie with two braincells would be offering odds on matches they knew were fixed?! :loon The main reason I post the "un-bettable" selections on here, is just to show that the system can bring up good selections from all over the world. And when these lower leagues are eventually initiated into the betting world fraternity, there'll be a system which will (hopefully) have a proven track record of being good at spotting winners. One of the key points of LSS (in my opinion), is that it saves the hassle of looking for *good* games (i mean, how long would it take to scan the betting sites, analyse league tables and decide on betting points in order to find today's selection of Atherstone Town FC? A LOT!), the ones that really should be winning, and leaves more time for other things (like living!).

Good luck with this' date=' keep the good work going. I'm really interested in this system and will be keeping a close eye on how you get on![/quote'] thanks for your interest, hopefully i can build on last season :hope

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) I did email them to ask for a few lines before, and this is what i got, maybe it'll help to answer some of your questions..

Dear Sir, For the 2008 - 2009 Soccer season, Pinnacle Sports made some significant changes to our soccer offerings. We are now concentrating our efforts on offering our clients even better value for their money and increasing the number of matches available for live wagering. Some of our clients may notice that leagues previously offered by Pinnacle Sports are no longer available. This change was made due to the lack of overall client interest in these leagues. Austrian Landesliga - Steiermark is one of the leagues no longer available for wagering at Pinnacle Sports. We hope you noticed that on 15 August, we released our new enhanced odds available from Friday and throughout the weekend. The enhanced odds are as follows: -102/-103 (1.97/1.98) style Asian Handicaps – that’s just 101.23% -104/-104 (1.96/1.96) style Total goals markets – only 101.96% Three-way Moneylines (1X2) priced to just 102% Please note these odds are available Fridays from 5am(PST), 8am(EST), 1pm(GMT), 2pm(CET), and 8pm(HKT) throughout the weekend on these European soccer leagues and cup competitions: English Premier League Italian Serie A Spanish La Liga German Bundesliga UEFA Champions League The enhanced pricing is also applied 8 hours before kick-off of midweek fixtures from the above leagues. Kind regards, Customer Service Department Pinnacle Sports

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) That's a pathetic excuse....not enough interest? More like losing too much from non-league betting. And how exactly do they think they increasing the number of live matches will provide better value for money?! by reducing the number of non-leagues (the value being that they couldn't be found anywhere else on the web and the prices were generally great)? :) More like increasing better profits for themselves Utter nonsense in my opinion - i hope an alternative springs up soon :unsure It's either that, or i'll have to sit down and completely rewrite LSS, to become more astute at not only the lower leagues, but the to ones too...sounds simple, i know, but damningly not so :( But this can't really continue any other way - 10 wins from 14 should be showing profit (current levels) yet it isn't due to lack of AH from pinnacle :wall (IMO bookies move forward by INCREASING number of leagues covered - not by reducing...also goes against my "soon all of these unbettable leagues will become bettable" theory :$) Thoughts, ideas welcome.....