** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss)

Think he said September
I think he did too :unsure Sorry folks! But now worries since i'm back now, right?! Perú was great, now i'm in Hungary....i've spent the last few weeks (and a bit longer), building up some conclusive team lists (promotions and relegations and all that nonsense needed to be accounted for) in order to get the system up and running again. Right now i'm working intensely on incorporating an odds scraper (to save me time....a feature is only good if it can be automated!!), but now that i've got the main part of the system back in working order...we're good to go. There are now more leagues in LSS, it has increased from 298 (last season) to 410!! This not only means that the system has the chance to truly prove its global capabilities (which i know it has), but also increases the 'summer' leagues options....meaning that this time (in theory) LSS can run all throughout the year. I'm still not going into the South American leagues, nor the MLS - but there is a possibilty of opening the doors to the MLS perhaps further down the line. As always, any helpful suggestions will be taken on board. I've two potential (betworthy) selections for the next few days, and i'll be keeping an eye on them....you could see the first selections from the "Return Of LSS" as soon as tomorrow ;) I'M GLAD TO BE 'BACK'

Welcome back mate :ok I should get out of Hungary before the economy collapses!
:\ You're telling me i should pass up the opportunity to visit Eger...where they have a valley of beautiful women?!! Can't do that - Christmas would be dull in comparison! Plus, things are so cheap over here (especially the cheap stuff) - great tasting wine? around 70p....small loaf of bread? around 6p! I've been keeping my head out of the news lately though, is there something big on the horizon?

Re: Lunatism’s Statistical Selections (lss) Welcome back, Loon..... and there I was thinking you had shacked-up with some beautiful Peruvian nymph, tending a herd of llamas :rollin Looking forward to your selections..... from even more obscure leagues than before (if I understand your "intro" correctly) :D

Welcome back, Loon..... and there I was thinking you had shacked-up with some beautiful Peruvian nymph, tending a herd of llamas :rollin Looking forward to your selections..... from even more obscure leagues than before (if I understand your "intro" correctly) :D
I was close buddy...so very close, i'm "welcome" to go back, i've been told, and since the simple life suits me so well, i've probably move out there for good one day (but obviously with reasonable speed internet access this time!) Yep, and you do get it correctly, there should (in theory) be some 'new' leagues making appearances - and hopefully bookies will see fit to offer odds on a handful of these newbies! :hope

Lunatism’s Statistical Adventures!! in what i could possibly call a semi-related matter to the 'obscure' leagues that i deal with, at 6pm (that would be 5pm UK time guys) i've a trial with one of the football teams in the Hungarian NBIII division, they're called Csepel FC, and should I get a place in the team, this will no doubt expand the knowledge I have of football at this level!!! :loon I don't think for one second that suddenly this team will appear on bet365/bWin/Pinnacle, due to being so low down in the Hungarian football league, but it will be interesting to actually be able to play in a team that my system could be making predictions for. Hopefully this (should i get the chance), will give me ideas for how to improve LSS in other ways.... I'll (of course) make sure everyone hears how I do - but wish me luck anyway, i got injured a few weeks back (twisted my knee :() and i'm only doing this trial now because this is the time they want me (i'm at best 80%...let's see if I can wow them with my hobbling!) ...i'm told i can be striker or defender (and from the looks of their league table, they could do with both right now)..decisions decisions :unsure

Yeah nice to have you back Loon :clap Best of luck with this season buddy :hope
Thanks, hopefully it can start off well and go into Friday (for there are at least two viable selections for Friday at present - in the German and French second divisions) on the back of a bit of profit!

Well I couldn't rightly ignore the lss after last season so luckily same odds available at betfair. Will just have to deal with the 5% comm. as too much tied up right now:ok Are you going to post the lss 'almosts' again? They weren't too shabby were they:tongue2
Oh ye, forgot about those (probably because there haven't been any yet!....). As soon as there are i'll post them onto that thread (should I be able to find it :)

Welcome back loon. I'll be following this threads progress very keenly. :hope Good luck in the trial as well!
Thanks, i just hope that staying up ridiculously late last night in order to work on error checking doesn't negatively affect my motor skills and have me charging around the pitch like a headless chicken :hope

Re: It's Back Then

oh ye - just in case you guys need reminding....MY recommendation for each selection (in terms of the bookie and whether to take AH or fixed odds) is always in the last column. The bookie name, followed by (F) for fixed, or (AH) for Asian Handicap. So as you can see for today's one bettable, i'm recommending the -1 1.85 AH for Napoli
For those who might prefer the fixed odds, 1.5 is available at Stan James, which could be said to be decent value in comparison.

You might have a long wait. According to this http://soccerway.mobi/index.php?action=Teams.Details&team_id=8155 all of Vobkent's recent matches have been cancelled! They must be getting a bit rusty now!
I would guess so - but isn't this great news?!!! Means there most definately should be a thrashing by the home side. Although I do wonder why they'd cancel all the games like that (maybe an error by soccerway)...they still maintain the league table, and so i'm guessing it will update soon enough :unsure