Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Washman

Aussie Millions - Runadrum out in 19th for AUD $65,000

Re: Aussie Millions Presume here is your best bet - http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/ Just seen - Lederer won the $100,000 buy in event :loon

Winner of Event 9 - $100,000 No Limit Holdem Howard Lederer mounted an impressive victory. He spent the majority of the day at the back of the pack and sat on a short stack. He patiently waited to make a move as dozens of runners busted out before him. He outlasted the young guns and several of the established Las Vegas veterans en route to his $1,250,000 first place victory.

Re: Aussie Millions Think the main event starts in 3 hours (01:30 GMT)

Event 12 - $10,500 Aussie Millions Main Event
Day 1aMon 14 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 1bTue 15 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 1cWed 16 Jan, 11:30 am/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 2Thu 17 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 3Fri 18 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 4Sat 19 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)
Day 5Sun 20 Jan, 12:30 pm/10,500 AUD (10,000 AUD+500 AUD)

Re: Aussie Millions G'day all! I have nipped back to the hotel with about 1 hour left to play on Day 1a. Starting stacks were 20000, blinds 50/100 and 90min levels. 215 runners. At 1st break both were up, Duncan on 24100 and Richard 34500. 2nd break, poor session for Duncan, down to 13450 and Richard up to 44000. 3rd break, Duncan 17100, Richard 40000. 4th break (dinner) Duncan 27800, Richard around 32000. By now 144 still in so average stack was 29800. Just before 5th break I decided to come back to the hotel and as I peered across to Richard's table to see his stack, I see about 2 chips in front of him, heading into the middle of the table, and next minute he's walking away. I'm sure he'll be on here to tell you details later. :sad So I've left Duncan with 24000 chips, heading into 300/600 blinds, final level for the night, average stack 35800 with 120 left in. :hope By the way, I spent most of the afternoon at the Australian Open tennis, complimentary main court tickets thanks to Mad Marty. :loon

Re: Aussie Millions Just to add, I'm not very good at spotting poker pro's, but Gus Hansen and Joe Hatchem were around at the opening 'ceremony' but I haven't noticed them playing today. Tony G is playing today (and was still in) and is sporting a T6 poker shirt, make of that what you want. :tongue2

Re: Aussie Millions Have survived day one with 18,200 so gonna be short stacked on Thursday. Apart from tens (which I folded post flop, but would have split against pairs of aces and eights because the board made an eight high straight) and AK in the SB (so I took the BB), I couldn't find another hand worth playing in the final level. Have to say though, just happy at the moment to still be in and I'll worry about gaining ground after two days relaxing (hopefully going racing on Wednesday). :ok

Re: Aussie Millions Nice One Duncan :clap :clap :clap :clap Sounds like you're having a horid time Helen :tongue2 If you see Mad Marty again, tell him I still haven't forgiven him for enforcing the string bet against me (He was the tournament director) :tongue2 (Has he told you the gag about spotting a dud Irish note yet? ;) )

Re: Aussie Millions

Well Done Duncan good luck with day2. Anyon know how washy ended up?
Post 60....... the gutter by the looks of it :tongue2 :sad

Re: Aussie Millions Well, what a disaster - started off well, getting up to $44k by the end of level 2, then it was all downhill from there :sad Early in level 3, Niki Jedlicka, a young Austrian who played in the $100k buy-in tourney on Saturday, got moved to my table. He sat down with $15k, and just ran over the table - he's sat as chip leader with $85k in an earlier post. He raised virtually every hand pre-flop, and hit cards with anything. I finally decided to take a stand late in level 5 (was down to about $17k by this stage), I was BB with QJ, he called from early position and everyone else folded. The flop came Q48, so I bet about the pot - he called. Turn was another 4. I bet 5k, he moved about 20k in - I called, and he turned over K4 :wall, so it was goodnight Vienna. Was seriously pi**ed off, and went straight to bed :@. Glad to see Duncan made it through the last level - will be keeping an eye on him on Thursday :hope

Re: Aussie Millions Don't really think I was unlucky - just played badly most of the day :wall After mondays poker, Duncan and Helen went off on a steamboat with Mad Marty and his girlfriend, plus another Blue Square qualifier and his mate. I decided to spend the day unwinding with a nice lunch and a few drinks. Got a call from Duncan later to say that Marty had found a pub taking part in the Australian Pub Poker League, so 5 of us ended up playing, with Helen finishing 4th, me 3rd and Duncan second - don't think he wanted to come back for the next round if he won!! It was good fun, helped by copious amounts of Long Island Iced Tea - until the barmaid refused to serve me anymore :lol:lol:lol

Re: Aussie Millions Just one small amendment to Richard's last post - I did actually win the pub game last night but sensibly gave up my seat in the regional final to the local player that was runner-up. Not really cost-effective to come back for the next round. That was my first win in a live game ........ wonder how long it will be until my next one ! ;) We went racing today - 40 minute train ride to Sandown Park. I found one winner and made all of $6.50 (3 quid) profit so I'm on a roll. :ok

Re: Aussie Millions Just had a text from OZ, Duncan's table draw for today includes:- Thomas Bihl Andy Black Joe Hatchem and eeerrmmm Phil Ivey!!!! Good luck Runa :ok