** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wed 12th Dec

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec

I don't understand why people continue to think UEFA want this or that therefore the referee will try and help them achieve it. These referee's are professionals just like UEFA are. It is a European competition which is impossible to fix etc....And why would UEFA want Lyon more than Rangers anyway..? Rangers bring bigger crowds than Lyon which will generate more money. I dont see what difference it would make to UEFA if Lyon qualified instead of Rangers...and if anyone believes this then could you please enlighten us as to why this would be..? I wish everyone would stop with this ... 'referee's will push for this team to go through because UEFA want them to qualify' it is simply nonesense.
:clap :clap

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Fenerbahçe Volkan Gökhan Edu Lugano R.Carlos Deivid Selçuk Aurelio Vederson (Uğur) Alex Semih CSKA MOSKOVA Akinfeev İgnashevich Odiah A.Berezutski Semberas Ramon Aldonin Zhirkov Caner Ramon Janczyk STAT:ŞÃ¼krü Saracoğlu YAYIN:Star TV SAAT: 21.45 HAKEMLER: M. Simeno Trefoloni Sandro Rossomando Luca Maggiani fenerbahçe will play full squad.. the motivation is high.. last match fener beat galatasaray after very impressivve football.. fener plays very good football for european cups this season.. cska will miss their stars.. they came to istanbul without seven players.. there is no motivation, and thay play for nothing.. their league has finished.. and they are not form.. fener HT/FT 1,66 fener - 1 handicap 1.75 bet365

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Theres some real amatures on this site sometimes. Never read such Bollox in my entire life.. What is this: Don't you think that UEFA wants to have a French team in the next round. Marseille is already out. Celtic is already in the next round. UEFA surely wanted Werder in the next round but Olympiakos played clever and won the gameicon_wink.gif Whats this: Bet on Barcelona to win - They have way way too much quality for Stutgart, simple as! 1.40 Barcelona Win Of course not good odds on it's own but put it into a double and it comes out at 1.71. If you trust the big boys to deliver then that is some easy money. [if there is such a thing!] To throw another spanner in the works. Strange stuff to read. The people who wrote it must be even stranger.

I just posted my picks. You have the right to disagree. But I don't see YOUR picks anywhere...
I don't need to post any picks of my own in order to correct the nonsense you have in yours. If you have something constructive to add, please do, otherwise we are just wasting space. People are not here to read about your opinion of what I have right to do and not to do. So keep it to yourself, OK? :ok

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec BARCA, MAN U, ROMA and INTER have nothing to play for.. Won their groups already or outcome of group cant change. Arsenal, Seville BAttle For Top spot position against weak opposition Fener, PSV, Rangers and Lyon all fight for qualification Arsenal, Fener, and Seville look like the only bets tonight in my opinion. DOnt like betting on games with no meaning, or friendlies, and Rangers Lyon could go either way. PSV could be worth looking at possibly against Inter Milan...

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Teams needing something tonight are Fenerbache and Seville. Plus Barca should be too strong for a Stuttgart side that cannot even qualify for the UEFA cup. Barca/Fenerbache plus Seville double chance pays 1.11 (what you get back for each £1 you put on!) so I will be having a nibble on that from last nights winnings. GL everyone :hope

Theres some real amatures on this site sometimes. Never read such Bollox in my entire life.. Whats this: Bet on Barcelona to win - They have way way too much quality for Stutgart, simple as! 1.40 Barcelona Win Of course not good odds on it's own but put it into a double and it comes out at 1.71. If you trust the big boys to deliver then that is some easy money. [if there is such a thing!] To throw another spanner in the works. Strange stuff to read. The people who wrote it must be even stranger.
What you getting at Alcoholic? How is it strange? I just stated what I'm betting on - Arsenal, Seville and Barca - stating the single odds and then the double/treble odds.

I don't need to post any picks of my own in order to correct the nonsense you have in yours. If you have something constructive to add' date=' please do, otherwise we are just wasting space. People are not here to read about your opinion of what I have right to do and not to do. So keep it to yourself, OK? :ok[/quote'] You see- this is a game- anything can happen! Example:no one really believed that Pool could lose at home to OM but they did. And we're talking about Sevilla here- the team that has only one victory as a guest for the last six weeks. The team that lost to ALMERIA:lol... Besides they are already qualified... Even if they end up on the first place in the group there are quite good teams (like Pool) that finished second in their respective groups so the difference between first and second place is not that big. The stakes for away win are kinda high too- about 1.8... Just like Chelsea last night... And if this sounds like s nonsense to you- be my guest- bet all your property on Sevilla tonight! GL:ok!

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Think Arsenal -1.5 at 2.07 is decent odds on Betfair. Arsene Wenger has stated the importance of winning this game as it could see them leapfrog Sevilla into top-spot should they be held in Prague. Wenger believes his side still have a more than 50-50 chance of topping the group and they will want to bounce back from a draw at Newcastle last week and defeat to Boro at the weekend and boost confidence ahead of the weekends crunch game against Chelsea. Steaua are in somewhat of a crisis and are 11 points adrift in the Romanian league and owner Gigi Begali has been humiliated by recent performances and has indicated cuts in wages and bonuses .The players must borrow money from the banks if they want to spend some for Christmas,” said the billionaire. ( http://www.racingpost.co.uk/news/master.sd?psection=racingpost.co.uk&page=Champions%20League&category=Matchday%206&story_id=947417) Wouldn't imagine Arsenal will have a full strength side out but Van Persie returns from injury and could lead the line beside Eduardo or Bendtner, both class acts. Their youngsters have shown capable in the Carling Cup in recent seasons and Steaua have only picked up a point in this group, four less than Slavia who Arsenal hammered 7-0 at the Emirates. :ok

What you getting at Alcoholic? How is it strange? I just stated what I'm betting on - Arsenal, Seville and Barca - stating the single odds and then the double/treble odds.
Ok mate, Have BArca got the Big Boys out tonight then. Havent they won their group already. I agree wiht Arsenal, had a few bad results, this is just what they need to click again before they entertain Chelsea on Sunday. Seville in Prague is no banker for any double or treble in my opinion. probably -10C down there and snow. GOod luck though

You see- this is a game- anything can happen! Example:no one really believed that Pool could lose at home to OM but they did. And we're talking about Sevilla here- the team that has only one victory as a guest for the last six weeks. The team that lost to ALMERIA:lol... Besides they are already qualified... Even if they end up on the first place in the group there are quite good teams (like Pool) that finished second in their respective groups so the difference between first and second place is not that big. The stakes for away win are kinda high too- about 1.8... Just like Chelsea last night... And if this sounds like s nonsense to you- be my guest- bet all your property on Sevilla tonight! GL:ok!
You know that you are not right and I suppose, you are writing this just for the sake of opposing me. All right, here it goes. Of course Sevilla may not win. I am not saying that the odds are that great either. I just said that one of the facts you mentioned is not true - that Sevilla do not need 3 points to be first in the group. This is NOT true. If you want to argue about that, be my guest, but please, provide some arguments. And now I see another thing that you just wrote and is not true. "there are quite good teams (like Pool) that finished second in their respective groups" There maybe some quite good teams finishing second and Liverpool is not one of them, they are VERY good team. But ALL of the teams that finished first are EXTREMELY good and THE BEST IN THE WORLD teams. Just post the names here and let us make a comparsion :)

Kickoff : 3.45am League : Champions League Early Preview from Soccernet :

Jens Lehmann will make his return to the Arsenal side for the first time in almost four months against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League on Wednesday night, but manager Arsene Wenger can offer the veteran German goalkeeper no guarantee over his future. The 38-year-old has not featured for the Gunners since August 19 at Blackburn when he made a second high-profile error of the then fledgling season. After suffering an elbow injury while on international duty, the German subsequently saw Manuel Almunia stake his claim for the Arsenal number one jersey. Lehmann was less than impressed by being left warming the bench on his return to full fitness, declaring the whole saga to be a 'humiliation' as speculation continued he was set to leave Emirates Stadium when the transfer window opens in January. While Wenger has praised the veteran as a 'super professional' and maintains the decision to play Lehmann against the Romanians tomorrow was made last month 'independent of everything else', the Arsenal boss stopped short of indicating the German was a firm part of his long-term plans. Wenger revealed: 'Lehmann will start in goal tomorrow (Wednesday). 'His attitude has been fantastic and when you look at this man the one thing you cannot fault is he is a super professional. Jens is an example for everybody. 'For every goalkeeper it is good to practice, but at some stage you need to play at a competitive level. 'It is not a present. It is to keep him fit and competitive. 'If Jens plays well it does not create a problem. 'Why should it be a problem if a player plays well? It is a problem if he doesn't play well.' Wenger maintained: 'For all of us the only target is to do well for the club - and we can only do that if we perform well. 'Jens' long-term future depends on, when you are 38, what you call a long-term future. We haven't spoken about that. 'At the moment I expect him to play well tomorrow.' However, when asked if he expected Lehmann to remain at Arsenal for the second half of the season, Wenger said: 'I cannot guarantee [that], like for anybody else.' Arsenal have several players still on the treatment table, including key midfielders Cesc Fabregas, Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini. However, striker Robin van Persie is set to make a welcome return after being out with a knee problem since October 7, and midfielder Abou Diaby has recovered from a back injury. 'Robin looks okay and will be in the squad,' said Wenger. 'I have not made a decision yet whether I will start him or not. But he should play some part.' With a Barclays Premier League showdown against Chelsea on Sunday, Wenger is in something of a selection quandary ahead of Arsenal's final Champions League Group H game, which will decide their seeding for the knockout stages. Following the shock defeat at Middlesbrough which ended their unbeaten domestic run, Wenger indicated he will make some changes with young Dane Nicklas Bendtner set to lead the attack. He said: 'I will rest some players, but I will play a team who is part of my squad. 'However, there is no Carling Cup side. I had one before, but now I feel they are a bit older and all these players have moved upwards now to the first-team squad. 'We have another game on Sunday and there are some players who have played four games on the trot away from home, including Sevilla. Some of them need a little breather.' Wenger knows his men must put on a performance on Wednesday following their below-par display at the Riverside. 'We have lost a game and know we have not been good, so now of course we want to respond,' he said. 'However, our quality is what we have done in the last six months, not in just one game. 'We know only our own performance is important and not what people say, even more so in the bigger games. 'My squad is very determined and very strong. 'If you had listened to what people said before the season, we would be 10th or 12th in the league and be out of everything. At the moment we are in everything. 'It is not a coincidence - it is down to the mental strength of my team.' Wenger, meanwhile, must serve a one-match touchline ban following his sending off in the last game against Sevilla at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium. However, the Arsenal manager will take it in his stride. Wenger said: 'I will make my normal preparations with the team as always in our hotel. 'I will, of course, be separated during the game - but I believe it is not a big handicap.' ____________________________ FREAKTIPS PREVIEW ______ Arsenal Emirates, need I say more, the stronghold of the Gunners, with vocal fans behind their backs, eagerly awaiting for the Gunners to once again display their attacking prowness and prove to the world that the defeat to Boro last Sunday was just a minor hiccup. A convincing victory is needed here at the Emirates to boast confidence and secure top spot in the their Champions League group. Even with a big game coming up this weekend against Chelsea, Arsenal would definitely go for victory today against an already eliminated Steau Bucuresti. Top spot would prevent Arsenal from meeting strongs teams such as Barcelona or Chelsea in the 2nd round. Convincing win tonite would help boast Arsenal's players confidence ahead of the big league game against Chelsea. Jens Lehman have been promised a start for this match and I am sure he is eager to prove his worth and hopefully regain the number 1 jersey again from Almunia. Van Persie is in the squad and most probably would come on in the 2nd half of the game to give him some match pratice ahead of Chelsea's game. A goal or two perhaps from him. Although Wenger did mention that he would be resting a couple of players, their back four is still a solid one with Gallas marshalling the defence, Gilberto providing the defensive midfield while Walcott giving the midfield an extra edge. Youngster Nicklas Bendtner would start as lone striker tonite and no doubt he will be eager as ever to score goals and eventually try to break into the first 11 lineup. Tonite would be the chance for young Bendtner to return Wenger's trust. _____________ Steau Bucuresti Steau Bucuresti have nothing to gain from this game apart from pride. I doubt they would be going all out for this match and might try to go for a draw in this match. Looking at the starting lineup, it looks like Bucuresti would not be starting with 2 defensive players which feature in the first round game against Arsenal at Romania. In fact a couple of players from the bench in the 1st game are being fielded tonite against Arsenal. The squad which held Arsenal to only a 1-0 victory at Romania have been reshuffled, showing that Bucuresti is not intending to give much of a fight tonite. In fact, Bucuresti would most probably concentrate on their upcoming game in the Romania league against Farul Constanta this Saturday. Securing valuable points in their league would be Bucuresti main agenda now. _______ Summary Long story aside, I am heavily favoring Arsenal tonite. The reasons are:

1. Arsenal playing at home(need I say more??), Bucuresti would be entering the lion's den tonite.

2. Arsenal have not tasted victory from their last 2 premiership game, victory tonite is a must to regain top spot in the group and ensuring a less risky passage in the Champions League.

3. Convincing win required to boast players confidence ahead of the match against Chelsea.

4. Persie is back, Walcott and Bendtner starting the match. There is more then enough firepower to destroy Bucuresti twice over.

5. Lehmen has to prove himself, or he can say goodbye to Arsenal come mid season.

6. Bucuresti has nothing to gain from this match, infact they might lose players to injuries if they were to go all out tonite.

7. My odds calculation says to take Arsenal tonite.

Verdict : Arsenal -1.5 FT (3 STAR BET)

Ok mate' date=' Have BArca got the Big Boys out tonight then. Havent they won their group already. I agree wiht Arsenal, had a few bad results, this is just what they need to click again before they entertain Chelsea on Sunday. Seville in Prague is no banker for any double or treble in my opinion. probably -10C down there and snow. GOod luck though[/quote'] Ok Arsenal and Sevilla both going for the win to get 1st place in their group. So they will both be going for the win and I believe they will both get the win. Barca - even their reserves could be stutgart. Yes I'm new to betting so I'm a part timer just learning the ins and outs etc, lots of good posts on here

You know that you are not right and I suppose' date=' you are writing this just for the sake of opposing me. All right, here it goes. Of course Sevilla may not win. I am not saying that the odds are that great either. I just said that one of the facts you mentioned is not true - that Sevilla do not need 3 points to be first in the group. This is NOT true. If you want to argue about that, be my guest, but please, provide some arguments. And now I see another thing that you just wrote and is not true. "there are quite good teams (like Pool) that finished second in their respective groups" There maybe some quite good teams finishing second and Liverpool is not one of them, they are VERY good team. But ALL of the teams that finished first are EXTREMELY good and THE BEST IN THE WORLD teams. Just post the names here and let us make a comparsion :)[/quote'] You're really amusing ! In a good way of course! Read my first post please! Did I mention anything about the first place in the group? No! You must have misunderstood my words but the fault is not mine. As for the differences between the first and second teams- I don't see why Chelsea, Real or Porto should be a greater threat to Sevilla than for example Pool or Roma. Besides in this game it's all about the current shape. With a bit of luck any team can be defeated. And there is a tough away match with Valladolid coming this Sunday.In my opinion Sevilla will save their strenght for that match. P.S. Arsenal will face Chelsea this weekend, so I'll pass the over tonight too.

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Only two bets for me today: Sporting-D. Kyiv IMO Sporting was a bit unlucky in the CL this season mainly in their last two games (at home to Roma, where they could and should have won and away to Man. United where they allowed that last minute goal by "home boy" Cristiano Ronaldo). Their season is not going very well, both the coach and the team are under pressure after the home draw against bottom of the Portuguese table Leiria. Also a boost for the team is the return after a one game absence (last weekend in the Cup game against Louletano) of striker Liedson. On the other hand, Dinamo is a poor team for this level with 5 defeats in 5 games. Sporting has some pride to play for and, being in finantial trouble, they can also sure use the money that comes from a win a CL game. My pick: home -1AH (Asian Handicap); Rangers-Lyon Both teams tied on 7 points, Rangers only needs to avoid defeat to advance to the next round of the CL, Lyon needs to win in order to achieve that. Rangers will be without Besley, JC Darcheville and Nacho Novo. Lyon will be out looking for a win and also for a "payback" from the 0-3 defeat against Rangers. I see several goals being scored tonight and see value in taking the over at 2.16. My pick: >2.5; Good luck!

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Fenerbahce - CSKA special bet players out/in: under [email protected] CSKA arrived with only 13 players, without: Dudu and Rahimic -suspended and Vagner Love, Jo, Krasic and Carvalho injured, and 2 goalkeepres among 13 players and i put money on two special bets: under [email protected] players out/in and Fenerbahce over CSKA players out/in :wink: GL

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec I don't usually bet on this kind of events, but this one looks quite likely to happen Bojan Krkic (FCBarcelona) to score anytime @ 2,64 Betfair If he scores he will be the youngest scorer in Champions League history. - He'll be in the lineup for sure (it's confirmed), with Eto'o and probably Dos Santos - Everyone (team, club, supporters) are really expecting him to score - Deco has told the press that they will help Bojan to score, and that if there's a penalty kick, Bojan will kick it, as they have no pressure and they really want to help the kid. - Bojan has already scored in Camp Nou and away, so i don't think he'll feel any pressure if he has to score - Stuttgart has no chances, so i dont think they will play at 100%

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Rangers vs Lyon 1,25 units in Lyon at 2,4 at Betfair This game has exactly the same variables as Marseille vs Liverpool yesterday. Rangers only need to draw and Lyon needs to win to proceed to the next stage. Also here Lyon searches a payback from the 3-0 defeat in their stadium, they also rested many players in last weekend for this game, they also lost that game, they also have more quality in their squad and to finish they also will face a good home team. But Lyon, as Liverpool, have shown us throw the years they fail few times under pressure and they will make this game as the game of the season. Fenerbahce vs CSKA 1,5 units in Fener -1,75 at 2,04 at Betfair If Fener wins this game, they are qualified to next round. And they have all the conditions to do it. They will play at home, where they will have a stadium full of supporters, they come from a great win against Galatasaray, they have better squad than Fener. And we should not forget that CSKA ended their league for one month ago, so they are with no rhytim, and they have nothing to win in this game. Also CSKA traveled to Turkey with only 13 outfield players avaiable, and guys like Jô, Vagner Love, Daniel Carvalho, Berezutski, Rahimic and Dudu are out. CSKA manager said "We will field reserves and young players who have something to prove." Barcelona vs Stuttgart 1 unit in Barça clean sheet at 2,24 at Betfair Barcelona have kept 4 cleansheets out of their last 5 home games in the primera liga. In the Champions league, Barca have kept 4 cleansheets out of their 5 home and away games, and 2/2 for their home games. Also Stuttgart will miss Pardo, Cacau, Gomez and Hilbert so their power will be very reduced. And a defence with Thuram and Puyol will not concede easily. Sporting vs Dinamo 1 unit in Sporting HT/FT at 2,4 at Betfair Sporting are better team that Dinamo, are playing home, need this win to get back on track and make peace with their supporters and will face a team with 13 injured players. Yes, 13! Why the HT/FT? 5 of the 6 goals of Sporting in the Champions where in the first half and 11 of the 16 conceded by Dinamo where in first half. Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec ARSENAL-STEAUA Arsenal with a changed linup I'm sure. Think Wenger will want to win, but also rest several of his regular starters for the Chelsea game. Lehmann is a sure thing in goal, and I expect to see Bendtner, Walcott, Denilson, Traoré, Hoyte, Senderos and maybe a few more that doesn't get a lot of playing time. Diaby and Van Persie is expected to take some part of the game after recovery from injuries. Away team without anything to play for and have Croitoru, Nicolita and Golanski out. Arsenal need a win, and a little help from Slavia, to finish top of the group. Score prediction: 3-0 Pick 1: Arsenal -1 (EH) - 1,92 @ Unibet (3/10) Pick 2: Steaua NOT to score - 2,00 @ Betsafe (3/10)

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec well well well, looks like the treble/combination or parlay as we called it in asian. the bankers seems to be barca, arsenal, sevilla and ferna. well, juz my pick. im going for a barca, arsenal and ferna parlay. returns 1.275. :ok its not that i dun wana take sevilla. but my treble/parlays of 4 teams always die with the last one. so im taking extra care, putting juz 3 teams. cheers. might be going for a ferna home win too. :hope

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec If Arsenal top the group they can play:- Schalke, Olympiakos, Celtic, Rangers or Lyon If 2nd Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, AC or Porto. Sevilla obviously different due to clubs from the same country not being allowed to meet, but quite an incentive for Arsenal to win and hope for a Seville cock up I'd say. One bet for me this evening. A buy of corners Rangers v Lyon @ 10.25. Neither team can afford to sit back so hopefully end to end and a cornerfest.

Re: Champions League Wed 12th Dec Hello everyone, lets hope from more of the same from last night. Two bets for me tonight: I have taken Arsenal, Fenerbache and Barcelona treble, simply I feel these games have been discussed in earlier posts and have been good arguments made to back these teams. Secondly, I have taken an Arsenal, Fenerbache and Sporting Lisboa treble. I placed my stake with this one but the computer froze so I clicked bet again not realising I had already put it on so double stakes on this treble for me (toes crossed).:lol:eek I really believe Arsenal and Fenerbache will have to much at home for their opposition, also believe Barca and Sporting will win as again their opposition are not the best of quality and all 4 teams are at home. Good Luck everyone :ok:cow

Fenerbahce - CSKA special bet players out/in: under [email protected] CSKA arrived with only 13 players, without: Dudu and Rahimic -suspended and Vagner Love, Jo, Krasic and Carvalho injured, and 2 goalkeepres among 13 players and i put money on two special bets: under [email protected] players out/in and Fenerbahce over CSKA players out/in :wink: GL
Hmm, I read in a Russian forum that CSKA travelled with 16 players: Akinfeev, A. Berezutski, Ignashevich, Grigoriev, Raitinho, Shemberas, Aldonin, Djaner, Jirkov,Ramon, Ianchik plus Odia, Mamaev and Taranov as well two reserve goalies Pomazan and Mandrikin.