** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tue 11th

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tue 11th

10/10 Liverpool +0.5 @ 1.35 Liverpool have always preformed well under pressure in the Champions league. And i think the very worst case senario here would be a draw for the reds.
:welcome to PL! From my point of view, if you believe that the Reds will perform well, the value is in the away win , not in +0.5. Because the draw is probably no good for Liverpool and they will push for a win at the end, opening space for French counters. Not saying that a draw is not possible but I can't see value in +0.5 for Liverpool.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Porto -1 (EH) While a draw would be enought for Porto to go through, a win here would ensure top spot in the group. They are unbeaten at home for the last two years of the CL. Besiktas have little to play for as they can't progress as at all. They come to Portugal with a number of injuries and a poor away record in the CL. Liverpool -1 (EH) Must win game for Liverpool, and with the claibre of players they have, they should win this well. Last time at home to Besiktas they demonstrated how good they can be when they had to, and this time they will not underestimate Marseille like they did at Anfield. Alot is riding on this game and look to Gerrard, as he normally does, to drive his team to victory in such an important game Olympiakos over 2.5 In each of their 5 games, Bremen have gone over as they know how to score but concede also. Olympiakos has seen 3 of its 5 games go over but it too needs to win this game to progress, like Bremen, so look for goals to be scored as both teams like to play an attackking style Real Madrid over 2.5 Of their 5 games, 4 of Real's games have gone over, especially their 2 home games. The same with Lazio in that 4 of their 5 games have gone over while one of the away games went over while the other had both teams scoring for it to go under. Both teams need to win if they want ot progress, so look to an attacking game form both sides

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Shalke to me seem the banker. They almost beat a full out Chelsea at home, they beat Rosenborg 0-2 in Trondheim. A win here wil send em through for the 1st time and Rosenborg into the Uefa Cup. Porto look good too. Dont think they wil be looking for a draw.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Liverpool is deffinately a high risk bet, but I do think they have the power to win in MArseille. The weekend defeat against Reading, shows they have their minds on this game, and the pressure is on. Medium/Low stakes on liverpool for me. Not risking the bank

Porto -1 (EH) While a draw would be enought for Porto to go through, a win here would ensure top spot in the group. They are unbeaten at home for the last two years of the CL. Besiktas have little to play for as they can't progress as at all. They come to Portugal with a number of injuries and a poor away record in the CL. Liverpool -1 (EH) Must win game for Liverpool, and with the claibre of players they have, they should win this well. Last time at home to Besiktas they demonstrated how good they can be when they had to, and this time they will not underestimate Marseille like they did at Anfield. Alot is riding on this game and look to Gerrard, as he normally does, to drive his team to victory in such an important game Olympiakos over 2.5 In each of their 5 games, Bremen have gone over as they know how to score but concede also. Olympiakos has seen 3 of its 5 games go over but it too needs to win this game to progress, like Bremen, so look for goals to be scored as both teams like to play an attackking style Real Madrid over 2.5 Of their 5 games, 4 of Real's games have gone over, especially their 2 home games. The same with Lazio in that 4 of their 5 games have gone over while one of the away games went over while the other had both teams scoring for it to go under. Both teams need to win if they want ot progress, so look to an attacking game form both sides
Certainly agree with you here mate on your two overs!, Real and Werder are two teams whom know how to score and I would fancy them both over 2.5 normally, but given the cirumstances that all 4 teams need to win to qualify, and also the Olympiakos and Lazio also know where the net is, I think there is strong pissibility this will come through :ok All the best ;)

:welcome to PL! From my point of view' date=' if you believe that the Reds will perform well, the value is in the away win , not in +0.5. Because the draw is probably no good for Liverpool and they will push for a win at the end, opening space for French counters. Not saying that a draw is not possible but I can't see value in +0.5 for Liverpool.[/quote'] Thankyou for your warm welcome :) Thankyou for your input, however my bet is already on and with a max stake at risk +0.5 is all i'm willing to risk at the moment :hope Also i must add to my other bets. 2/10 units halftime correct score (chelsea game) 0-0 @2.90 2/10 units OVER 3.5 goals (real madrid game) @2.88 2/10 units haltime correct score (real madrid game) 2-0 @7.80 2/10 untis halftime correct score (real madrid game) 2-1 @17.50 2/10 units STEVEN GERRARD to score at anytime @3.70 These are just some little teasers i have put on.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Any views on Schalke Vs Rosenborg? Obviously the home team needs a victory to progress, and even though their domestic from has been poor - surely they can blow away Rosenborg here. Schalke won fairly comfortably away in Trondheim 2-0, and have a squad that is far superior to that of their rivals. Rosenborg are now 6 weeks into their post season, and while it could be argued that they are well rested, they also lack match practive which was emphasised by their demolition at the hands of Chelski. Schalke do have some players missing; Jermaine Jones (suspended), Gustavo Varela (muscle strain), Mathias Abel (cruciate ligament tear) Markus Heppke (shoulder injury) and Christian Pandler (muscle tear) - but they welcome back Levan Kobiashvili after a long lay off. The home team have a solid squad, and I expect them to wholly blow away a team lacking match fitness with far less quality. PICK: 1X2: 1 @ 1.39 BETFAIR - 7/10

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Marseille v Liverpool I remember when England team play with Croatia.All world bet England win and I took Croatia x2.People looks at me if Im fool:) Today situacion is too.Why Marseille can lost?Last matches they played good.Victory at Lyon 2-1,last game win 2-0 with Monaco at home.Return Nasri.Marseille dont play in higher stage in CL?Funny. My bet today:Marseille 1x :hope

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Hi, Everybody! :) I'm kind of new in the PL scene. :\ Anyway... On the games tonight... The first thing i will definately try is Olympiakos' home win. They showed good play against Werder in Germany and Real in Spain and Greece and surely will try to qualify for the next round in CL. So for them tonight's game is like the final before the final. AFAIK, their captain is missing, but... well... my opinion. Olympiakos @ 2,3 @ local bookie. Can't afford betting online ;( p.s. Sorry for my bad English, not native... :eek Good luck, mates ;) :ok

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Liverpool odds are way too low for such an important match. they be under pressure to score and this might open some space for Marselle and if Marselle scores first then it will be more open game and more chances for Marselle to score so i am going with X2 and overs 2.5

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Hello Roma - Man.United News from MU web site Unable to beat Coventry City in the Carling Cup earlier this season, United's youngsters will now be handed the task of toppling Italian giants AS Roma. A number of first-team regulars are expected to be left behind when the Reds fly to Rome on Tuesday morning for the following night's Champions League group match, leaving room for some of Sir Alex's younger troops. "There's no doubt we'll take some young kids," the manager told Manchester United Radio. "We've won the group and Roma are guaranteed second place, so there's no issue with us potentially affecting the outcome of the group. "We wanted to give the young boys experience playing in the Carling Cup but they let themselves down against Coventry. Now there's a chance for the likes of Jonny Evans, Gerard Pique, Danny Simpson and Chris Eagles to elevate themselves. We know all about their ability but this is an opportunity for them to prove themselves. "They won't be on their own, though. They'll have back-up from players like John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick, Louis Saha, Nani and Anderson. Cristiano Ronaldo might possibly be involved as well. "We're not in the habit of sending teams out to lose. We'll be sending out a time that we think is good enough to win." Becose of this news i dont thonk they can win over Roma so my tip is Roma win 8/10

Re: Champions League Tue 11th All these 'Liverpool need to win' rubbish. They always need to win. They need to win these easy Premiership away games that they rarely do. They can win away from home in Europe but by being solid and nicking goals. Not when they have to attack. All the value is with Marseille at 4.8. Same goes for Olympiakos at 2.8. Bremen can't defend and are rubbish away in the Champions League. Each of two? Yer avin a laugh. Chelsea are worth a back as well at close to evens against a horrible Valencia side.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Hi there first post in any football tipping forum :) Anyway I will have a few doubles on tonight mainly in match results. Porto V Besiktas + Chelsea V Valencia Schalke V Rosenborg + Real Madrid V Lazio Werder V olympiacos + Real Madrid vLazio Staying away from the Liverpool game, great game but too close to call and more money can be made elsewhere!

there are some rumors det rakitic and krstajic are out of squad. ave u heard of this?
Yes, both kicked out because of a night party last saturday, they were caught on tape drinking and smoking. While Rakitić is certainly a big miss, Krstajić is not much so, as he hasn't been able to set in the first team lately.

Yes, both kicked out because of a night party last saturday, they were caught on tape drinking and smoking. While Rakitić is certainly a big miss, Krstajić is not much so, as he hasn't been able to set in the first team lately.
Dont want to sound ignorant, but who do these players play for.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Marseille vs Liverpool 2 units in Liverpool at 1,94 at Betfair First thing to know: Liverpool needs to win to qualify to the next stage of Champions League! There's 2 ways to look at this stat, the positive one saying that they will be more motivated than ever, and the negative that says they will be under pressure. But isnt Liverpool always under pressure? With a squad like that, any game they dont win is considered as a bad result... And Liverpool have shown before they love pressure and they love the european competitions. The english team is a regular coustomer of higher stages of Champions and they even won it. They are a team that prefers "do or die games" as cups than regularity competitions. Marseille started the season with very bad results, but in the last games they started to get some good games. They won 1-0 against Liverpool in Anfield Road, and probably they want to do it again. But if you watched that game, they didnt deserved that win and is time for payback. Marseille (from): Mandanda, Mate, Zubar, Givet, Rodriguez, Faty, Taiwo, Bonnart, M'Bami, Cheyrou, Cana, Nasri, Valbuena, Ziani, Zenden, Oruma, Gragnic, Cisse, Niang, Ayew. Liverpool (from): Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Hobbs, Riise, Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Lucas, Sissoko, Kewell, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch, Torres, Itandje. Looking at the players called for this game you can see the huge difference in quality. Players like Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Babel are great and would all be stars in Marseille. A good news for french team is that Nasri is back. Liverpool rested some players in last game, and because of that they even lost it, so you can see what is the real objectif of the reds. Liverpool have to win, and will win! Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/

My picks for champions league are Porto -1 1.69 sbobet Schalke FC -1.5 2.13 Ibcbet Real Madrid over 2.5 1.65 sbobet
Looks good, got some money left, might have a similar choice. Somehow my original pick for an Over in Greece is not looking as good to me as yesterday, just hope it will be another high-scoring day in CL. Far too many games being deciders for the outcome in the groups, will have an extra stake on number of cards in some games.

we have the class to take the best teams out' date=' when it matters, [b']who's the only British team to win in the Nou Camp? Experiences, such as that will make the Reds stronger tonight.
Who's the only British team to win at the Nou Camp? Ummmmm I think a certain team from Manchester may have won a certain game in camp nou in '99? Remember? :spank

Re: Champions League Tue 11th @ JC Tips. With what's left in my budget for today will follow you on your pick at Stamford Bridge tonight, that on top of my bets by now ( both teams to score with6/10 and Over 2,5 goals with 5/10 ) either is going to blow me or will bring a nice bonus. Surely a 2-0 Chelsea win will be a disaster and will eat up everything I made yesterday and Sunday, probably more now. :hope Good luck everyone