** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tue 11th

Tuesday 11 December 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Chelsea v Valencia (19:45 GMT)1.853.705.30100%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderBookings PointsClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeam With Most CornersTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either HalfWoodwork To Be Hit
FC Porto v Besiktas (19:45 GMT)1.454.709.40101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Marseille v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)4.903.701.89101%Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half HandicapBookings PointsClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeam With Most CornersTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either HalfWoodwork To Be HitITV1.gif offer.gif
Olympiakos v Werder Bremen (19:45 GMT)2.943.452.64101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Real Madrid v Lazio (19:45 GMT)1.405.1012.00100%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Schalke 04 v Rosenborg (19:45 GMT)1.375.5011.00101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreGoal Time QuadpickHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Real - Lazio Over 2,5 goals at 1,80 with 10/10. Real will probably start with very strong attacking line-up vs Lazio who won't be hiding as it won't matter. With Marco Ballota between the posts any scoreline is possible but the Over certainly more probable. Hope the new guy in Lazio Kolarov is given the rare opportunity to play and impress. Will have a safety bet CS 2-0 and follow this on in-play as my main bet midweek, just in case things don't go well in first half. Olympiakos - Werder Over 2,5 goals with 8/10. My hopes for a good pick are surely with Werder, who will play to win. I am not sure it will happen, the Greeks have gone Under with Real and Lazio at home, but in the Real game great chances were missed. No need to discuss the German's attitude in every game, at home to Real and missing Diego, Borowski and Frings they scored 3. A safety bet on 1-1 CS and in-play as well, Greek goalkeeper impressed me few times. Odds for Over 1,80 Have both game in a double with 4/10, bet365. Good luck

Re: Champions League Tue 11th INteresting week in Europe this week. The final group games always contains a mixture of teams attitudes towards their games, some already through wishing to rest players, others need to field a strong team to win to gurantee qualification. The double I think looks quiet promising is Porto and Real Madrid. Neither of these teams are guranteed quification yet and therefore must get a result in their respected games in order to keep qualifaction in their own hands. They both should field full stregnth teams and in my opinion this should be enough to humble Besiktas and Lazio respectivly.... Good luck all :ok

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Like the look of Werder. They're in top shape and what I could read will Piräus put focus again on defence and counter attacks, not surprising as the 1 point would be enough to overcome group stage. Defence of Piräus is quite "new" what I could read, so they could struggle against the Werder offence at least theoretically. Fancy also Chelsea even though i don't know how serious they will take this. But Valencia seems hardly a threat these days as far I'm wright with that.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th

Marseille v Liverpool 1609360776.jpg
Marseille need to win here in order to progress in the Champions League and they will be aiming to do the double over Liverpool. Mathieu Valbuena's super-strike beat a sluggish Liverpool side at Anfield back in October, but I think they should brace themselves for a tougher challenge this time. The French side are in 13th place in their league championship and recorded just their 5th domestic win at the weekend when they beat Monaco 2-0. Liverpool can still qualify if they draw here, assuming Porto don't beat or draw with Besiktas, but a victory will be their aim and they will not want to rely on other teams to aid them through to the knockout rounds. A defeat would send them crashing out, as would a draw (should Porto take something) due to the fact that Marseille beat them at Anfield. It's a complicated scenario and it'll be a tough challenge for them overall. The Reds are normally fantastic in Europe and it's the league they usually have bother with. But this season they've collected just seven points from five games and defeats to Besiktas and Marseille have hurt them badly. They got revenge by thrashing the Turks 8-0 and that was followed up by a resounding 4-1 win against Porto. Forgetting the Reading defeat (which was understandable considering this tie was looming) Rafael Benitez's side have been good domestically and are looking solid in defence.
  • Away win @ 4/5
  • Steven Gerrard scores @ 2/1

Marseille v Liverpool 1609360776.jpg
Marseille need to win here in order to progress in the Champions League and they will be aiming to do the double over Liverpool. Mathieu Valbuena's super-strike beat a sluggish Liverpool side at Anfield back in October, but I think they should brace themselves for a tougher challenge this time. The French side are in 13th place in their league championship and recorded just their 5th domestic win at the weekend when they beat Monaco 2-0. Liverpool can still qualify if they draw here, assuming Porto don't beat or draw with Besiktas, but a victory will be their aim and they will not want to rely on other teams to aid them through to the knockout rounds. A defeat would send them crashing out, as would a draw (should Porto take something) due to the fact that Marseille beat them at Anfield. It's a complicated scenario and it'll be a tough challenge for them overall. The Reds are normally fantastic in Europe and it's the league they usually have bother with. But this season they've collected just seven points from five games and defeats to Besiktas and Marseille have hurt them badly. They got revenge by thrashing the Turks 8-0 and that was followed up by a resounding 4-1 win against Porto. Forgetting the Reading defeat (which was understandable considering this tie was looming) Rafael Benitez's side have been good domestically and are looking solid in defence.
  • Away win @ 4/5
  • Steven Gerrard scores @ 2/1

Are you sure that Liverpool qualify by draw ??

Are you sure that Liverpool qualify by draw ??
From BBC website:- Put simply, if Liverpool beat Marseille in their final group game then they will definitely go through. If they lose they will definitely go out. Complications arise should Liverpool and Marseille draw. Marseille beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the campaign, meaning they would edge the Reds out on the basis of that result, assuming Porto beat or draw with Besiktas in the group's other match. But if Liverpool and Marseille draw and Besiktas pull off a shock by beating Porto, the Reds would go through. In this scenario, Liverpool, Marseille and Porto would all be on eight points. Liverpool would go through with the best goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the three teams.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Group A FC Porto v Besiktas (19:45 GMT) Porto only need a draw to progress. Besiktas have to win. Porto have beaten besiktas away already, so they know how to beat them. Porto are top of the group for a reason, they have only lost once. Besiktas on the other hand have lost all their away matches without scoring. The odds reflect this and the home win value is not really appealing. My selection would be the Porto Home win but I am only using this info for my main bet on the other match in this group. Marseille v Liverpool (19:45 GMT) The team under pressure is Liverpool, who have to win as Porto should win their own game at home. Liverpool have had 2 good home results recently in this group but they are now away. They can score away from home but have not won any of their other 2 away games. Their recent EPL away game was a resounding loss to Reading with some curious decisions by the manager. Marseille had a good win at home against Monaco last weekend so their confidence should be high. As Liverpool have to win, they will make more risks going forward as the game goes on. Because of this I am going for the over 2.5 goals (2.36 BF) If Liverpool take a 1-0 lead they cannot rest on that as an equaliser puts them out, so they will go for the 2nd goal to give them a cushion. Marseille will need to take the risks then and will open up the game for the third match goal. If Marseille take a 1-0 lead then Liverpool have to go all out and take the risks. They have to score twice to ensure qualification. My gut instict says 1-1 draw so I am covering my bet with a Correct Score on BF 7.4 I know it could easily end in a 0-0 boring draw, but then I wouldn't be a punter. :D

Re: Champions League Tue 11th My picks for tomorrow: Chelsea-Valencia Chelsea already qualified and will be without Drogba. Valencia has plenty of quality in the team but are not getting good results this season. They're in a must win situation tomorrow in order to qualify to the UEFA Cup. My pick: away +0.5AH/+1AH (Asian Handicap); Olympiakos-W. Bremen Olympiakos coach says they're ready to "fight like madmen" in order for them to qualify to the knockout stage for the first time since 1998/99. Bremen needs to win in order to have a chance of qualifying to the knockout stage of the Champions League. Also, all Bremen's 6 CL games this season have gone "over". I expect many goals tomorrow here. My pick: >2.5; Real Madrid-Lazio I've said it a few times, Real is great upfront and scores many goals but they don't impress me at the back and conceed goals very often. Both CL games at home were "overs" this season. Lazio is in a must win situation in order to qualify to the UEFA Cup. In all of their 6 games in the CL this season both teams have scored (both Lazio and the opponent). I also see this game with many goals tomorrow. My pick: >2.5; Good luck!

Real - Lazio Over 2,5 goals at 1,80 with 10/10. Real will probably start with very strong attacking line-up vs Lazio who won't be hiding as it won't matter. With Marco Ballota between the posts any scoreline is possible but the Over certainly more probable. Hope the new guy in Lazio Kolarov is given the rare opportunity to play and impress. Will have a safety bet CS 2-0 and follow this on in-play as my main bet midweek, just in case things don't go well in first half. Olympiakos - Werder Over 2,5 goals with 8/10. My hopes for a good pick are surely with Werder, who will play to win. I am not sure it will happen, the Greeks have gone Under with Real and Lazio at home, but in the Real game great chances were missed. No need to discuss the German's attitude in every game, at home to Real and missing Diego, Borowski and Frings they scored 3. A safety bet on 1-1 CS and in-play as well, Greek goalkeeper impressed me few times. Odds for Over 1,80 Have both game in a double with 4/10, bet365. Good luck
nicko, I'm with you on both games (picking the "Over") :ok! Let's hope it goes well. :cheers

My picks for tomorrow: Chelsea-Valencia Chelsea already qualified and will be without Drogba. Valencia has plenty of quality in the team but are not getting good results this season. They're in a must win situation tomorrow in order to qualify to the UEFA Cup. My pick: away +0.5AH/+1AH (Asian Handicap); Olympiakos-W. Bremen Olympiakos coach says they're ready to "fight like madmen" in order for them to qualify to the knockout stage for the first time since 1998/99. Bremen needs to win in order to have a chance of qualifying to the knockout stage of the Champions League. Also, all Bremen's 6 CL games this season have gone "over". I expect many goals tomorrow here. My pick: >2.5; Real Madrid-Lazio I've said it a few times, Real is great upfront and scores many goals but they don't impress me at the back and conceed goals very often. Both CL games at home were "overs" this season. Lazio is in a must win situation in order to qualify to the UEFA Cup. In all of their 6 games in the CL this season both teams have scored (both Lazio and the opponent). I also see this game with many goals tomorrow. My pick: >2.5; Good luck!
Honestly i think Valencia is such a sucker bet. When was the last time Chelsea lost at Stamford Bridge? It doesn't matter that Drogba is out, Valencia are in shambles and to bet on them against the most dominant home team in Europe is really really risky especially considering the odds are dropping. You are just hopeful CHelsea play for the draw rather than Valencia trying to go for a win. GL but this game smells trouble. Chelsea have a big match vs Arsenal on the weekend but why would any team want to lose momentum ahead of a big match?

Re: Champions League Tue 11th iM FACT 1,83 ID

nicko, I'm with you on both games (picking the "Over") :ok! Let's hope it goes well. :cheers
Good luck, JC, just coming in, thinking the Chelsea game might be a surprise though my reasoning is different. It is all about the games Chelsea vs Arsenal and Valencia vs Barcelona. Some regulars might get rested or just get 45-60 mins of play. On the other hand this is CHELSEA, and even non-regulars would be out to impress at home in a game that makes no difference. AND HERE COMES my main point - I am not sure Valencia needs the UEFA Cup at all. The guests are in such a mess in Primera that all their efforts should be to get back on track there first of all, at least 5 teams look far better atm, incl Espanyol, it might be no Europe for them at all next year !?!? I was thinking if I am managing this club what would my priorities be ? I am clearly an outsider, I am not in Koeman's shoes, but Primera looks more important.... Koeman didn't bring success, the club is still struggling and he is making experiments - tried 4-4-2, then 4-3-3, it is the same great players but they do not gel. I think the guy will have a very attacking approach towards this game in order to score first, somehow his team will be experimental, not in terms of names but attitude in view of the great game vs Barca coming soon. What has Valencia to lose against a relaxed and therefore dangerous Chelsea ? A place in UEFA ? Yeah, but they already lost a far more lucrative place in CL, so it is not going to get worse than that...Out of UEFA, where pride, prestige and money is a lot less than in CL is going to be somehow just another blow, which, though will give Koeman the time to sort out the domestic league. I am sure a win vs the hated Catalans will be far more important to both team and fans than a possitive result vs Chelsea which is very questionable. Koeman would rather test options in attack where Valencia is weak atm and I am leaning toward another Over in, what I hope should be the best game tomorrow, open and fair with some names from both teams who don't get often in the starting 11,willing to show their best. Or both teams to score? I might be totally wrong, first about the club's priorities and second, about the chances of Valencia to deliver a good performance after so many bad games. Saw a full replay of their game at home to Schalke, with a man down for 60 mins they created a lot, I see them giving Chelsea a great game. Won't place any bets till late as I need to see who will be out for the hosts, still an Over would be my first pick if pushed........ As of the other two games your reasoning is same as mine - I see no point going for another choice with teams like Werder and Real until they prove else in more than just one game , so :hope P.S. Just checked the odds for these games, the Overs for Werder and Real gone down to 1,66 and 1,70. I was either lucky yesterday at 1,80 or made a wrong pick again :lol. Still Chelsea to go Over is slightly above 2,00, not bad at all, both teams to score 1,83 is also better than a home win, considering these two scored in each of their last 3 games.....In fact 1,83-pick is very good, Chelsea at home ( except vs Blacburn ) always score and dominate almost every side on the pitch, but their defence this time plays vs David Silva, Morientes, Zigic, Joaquin, Arizmendi and David Villa of course, on a good day any of them could score...

Re: Champions League Tue 11th hey guys. only one match for me tonight. its my beloved liverpool. after they ****ing failed me against a inspired Reading last week, blasting a big hole thru my pockets. im going to back them for wat i tink is the biggest match so far. expect torres and gerrard, who is in lethal form to score. im also going for a over 2.0 here with liverpool -0.50. final score line: marseille 1 - 2 liverpool. call me betting with my heart, but im going ahead with it. good luck guys.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Porto Helton Bosingwa B.Alves Pedro E. Fucile Assunçao L.Gonzales R.Meireles Tarık Sektuoi L.Lopez Quaresma Beşiktaş Rüştü Ali İ.Toraman Baki İ.Ãœzülmez S.Özkan Cisse Tello Delgado Burak Bobo Stat: Dragao Yayın: Star TV Saat: 21.45 Hakem: Peter Fröjdfeldt (İsveç) beşiktaş doesnt play good football.. last week beşiktaş didnt have any goal position but they scored 1 and got 3 points to bursa.. belşiktaş has lots of injuries..gökhan Zan, Mehmet Yozgatlı, Nobre, Diatta and Ricardinho arenot in the squad.. gökhan (defence), ricardinho(midfield), nobre(striker) are very important for beşiktaş..liverpool destereyod beşiktaş et home.. i dont wait something like that but porto will win this match comfartable.. porto -1 handicap : 2.20 bet365

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Well torres09 normally I would go against Liverpool (saying faily I don't like this club), but this time think I'll be neutral. Marseille is in good shape, at least at home they are very strong. So, I'll not bet with my heart, cause if I would it would be a home win, instead I'll try with DRAW.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Hello to everybody, I just cannot stay away and not comment this HUGE clash between these two great sides - Marseille and Liverpool. Two teams with great history are going to decide who is going to play in CL Finals. I just got touched by one video, which I want to show you -

(if it's allowed). Djibril Cisse is a former Liverpool player and it will be nice to watch him how is going to perform against the Merseysides. Nasri is included in their squad for this match, but there is still no guarantee that he will be fit to play. There are no any major problems in Liverpool's squad. The thing that is going to make me support Marseille in this match will be the confidence in the teams. Liverpool lost against Reading last match and Marseille won against Monaco. F.Torres just said that whatever the result is the squad should BACK Benitez. Ok, no problem.. One squad should always back its boss, but I will be still happy with Marseille's win. Home win!!!

Honestly i think Valencia is such a sucker bet. When was the last time Chelsea lost at Stamford Bridge? It doesn't matter that Drogba is out' date=' Valencia are in shambles and to bet on them against the most dominant home team in Europe is really really risky especially considering the odds are dropping. You are just hopeful CHelsea play for the draw rather than Valencia trying to go for a win. GL but this game smells trouble. Chelsea have a big match vs Arsenal on the weekend but why would any team want to lose momentum ahead of a big match?[/quote'] Toronto_Mike, No worries mate, I like to invest my money this way many times "buying on bad news and selling on good news". I know the "public" doesn't like to bet on "dogs" or bad teams...but I do when I see value. In a football match there are two teams not only one no matter how good they are. Chelsea is only one of them in this match and they have no particular motivation for this game, while as Valencia needs to win. With so many games in the season and the next one being an important one, Chelsea will probably rest some players (if they're smart they'll do it). Remember what happened last year between these two teams at S. Bridge? By the way, I got Rosenborg right when they played at Chelsea and Rosenborg doesn't have nearly the same quality as Valencia who have enough quality to beat any team on the planet on a good day. :cheers JC

iM FACT 1,83 ID Good luck, JC, just coming in, thinking the Chelsea game might be a surprise though my reasoning is different. It is all about the games Chelsea vs Arsenal and Valencia vs Barcelona. Some regulars might get rested or just get 45-60 mins of play. On the other hand this is CHELSEA, and even non-regulars would be out to impress at home in a game that makes no difference. AND HERE COMES my main point - I am not sure Valencia needs the UEFA Cup at all. The guests are in such a mess in Primera that all their efforts should be to get back on track there first of all, at least 5 teams look far better atm, incl Espanyol, it might be no Europe for them at all next year !?!? I was thinking if I am managing this club what would my priorities be ? I am clearly an outsider, I am not in Koeman's shoes, but Primera looks more important.... Koeman didn't bring success, the club is still struggling and he is making experiments - tried 4-4-2, then 4-3-3, it is the same great players but they do not gel. I think the guy will have a very attacking approach towards this game in order to score first, somehow his team will be experimental, not in terms of names but attitude in view of the great game vs Barca coming soon. What has Valencia to lose against a relaxed and therefore dangerous Chelsea ? A place in UEFA ? Yeah, but they already lost a far more lucrative place in CL, so it is not going to get worse than that...Out of UEFA, where pride, prestige and money is a lot less than in CL is going to be somehow just another blow, which, though will give Koeman the time to sort out the domestic league. I am sure a win vs the hated Catalans will be far more important to both team and fans than a possitive result vs Chelsea which is very questionable. Koeman would rather test options in attack where Valencia is weak atm and I am leaning toward another Over in, what I hope should be the best game tomorrow, open and fair with some names from both teams who don't get often in the starting 11,willing to show their best. Or both teams to score? I might be totally wrong, first about the club's priorities and second, about the chances of Valencia to deliver a good performance after so many bad games. Saw a full replay of their game at home to Schalke, with a man down for 60 mins they created a lot, I see them giving Chelsea a great game. Won't place any bets till late as I need to see who will be out for the hosts, still an Over would be my first pick if pushed........ As of the other two games your reasoning is same as mine - I see no point going for another choice with teams like Werder and Real until they prove else in more than just one game , so :hope P.S. Just checked the odds for these games, the Overs for Werder and Real gone down to 1,66 and 1,70. I was either lucky yesterday at 1,80 or made a wrong pick again :lol. Still Chelsea to go Over is slightly above 2,00, not bad at all, both teams to score 1,83 is also better than a home win, considering these two scored in each of their last 3 games.....In fact 1,83-pick is very good, Chelsea at home ( except vs Blacburn ) always score and dominate almost every side on the pitch, but their defence this time plays vs David Silva, Morientes, Zigic, Joaquin, Arizmendi and David Villa of course, on a good day any of them could score...
Good luck nicko. I'm with Valencia tonight... :cheers JC

Thanks for informtion from Turkey shef' date=what news from Portugal JC about Porto-Besiktas?
Hi modo. I think Porto will win (they'll be "full power" and rested some important players over the weekend) but IMO the odd is far too low for a CL game and Porto coach is known for not taking many risks... ...I'm staying away from this one. :cheers JC

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Hello punterslounge! :cheers This is my first post so i'm not quite sure what i should say. I have enjoyed making money from soccer over the last few years and i thought i might join this website and help everyone else win some money. I like low risk bets in the champion's league so here are my early Tuesday tips 10/10 Liverpool +0.5 @ 1.35 10/10 Chelsea +0.5 @ 1.35 6/10 Over 2.5 goals (real madrid) @1.70 Liverpool have always preformed well under pressure in the Champions league. And i think the very worst case senario here would be a draw for the reds. 3 words: CHELSEA AT HOME! I always like over 2.5 goals whenever Real Mardid play, they are like tottenham when they play at home(a high scoring team that always get a goal scored agaisnt them) so real madrid at home is enough to justify over 2.5 goals i think. Gl with all your tips!

Toronto_Mike, No worries mate, I like to invest my money this way many times "buying on bad news and selling on good news". I know the "public" doesn't like to bet on "dogs" or bad teams...but I do when I see value. In a football match there are two teams not only one no matter how good they are. Chelsea is only one of them in this match and they have no particular motivation for this game, while as Valencia needs to win. With so many games in the season and the next one being an important one, Chelsea will probably rest some players (if they're smart they'll do it). Remember what happened last year between these two teams at S. Bridge? By the way, I got Rosenborg right when they played at Chelsea and Rosenborg doesn't have nearly the same quality as Valencia who have enough quality to beat any team on the planet on a good day. :cheers JC
Mate, you cannot count on "Last Year" different squads, different coaches, different scenario. what i'm saying is, if you are going to play Valencia +0.75 you might as well just pound the draw because there is very very very little percentage that Chelsea will lose this game. Valencia winning will be a shock, they are just smashed right now. Of course Chelsea don't really see any reason to go all out. Its one thing for Valencia to "have to win" and "can win". valencia are desperate and backing them at any price is just dangerous when they have yet to win a game in their last 4. GL though, anything can happen. I just feel Schalke have a better opportunity to qualify than Valencia.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th hi every1 from izmir-turkey, this is my first message here. hope to contribute with my comments PORTO-BESIKTAS ISTANBUL when we look at the group A, the picture seems really very complicated 4 us. for porto, only a draw is enough to qualify. but on the other hand they will rather struggle for a home win. the first reason is that if they draw, they will probably qualify as the 2nd team and thus, match with one of the leaders of other groups, so to say tough teams like chelsea and barca, rather than team like fenerbahce and schalke. secondly, their rival besiktas had previously got their heavy 8-0 loss in their last away game against livapool. this will be a motivation for porto to win, regarding how vulnerable besiktas is in their away matches. so porto will definetely go for a straight home win. on the other hand, as a turk, what i observe here is that for besiktas, rather than an away win which will carry them to the next stage, they will be struggling for a good defence, as a probable 2nd heavy loss will never be tolerated by the board and the fans. 2 sum up, i) i'll eat my hat if besiktas wins ii) under 2,5 goals is very probable iii)dont think both temas will score (relying upon besiktas' unwillingness 2 score.)

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Olympiakos is very tough at home. Those games have always been low scoring ones and I wouldn't be surprised if tonight's game turns out to be as well. Werder is coming to Athens to win and have a little revenge for the 3-1 home defeat earlier this season. They'll probably be missing Pasanen but Diego is back after serving his one match suspension. Olympiakos will be without their captain Đorđević which is a serious blow for their offense. Since a draw is more than enough for the Greeks I don't think they'll be attacking like madman as their coach said in an interview. Olympiakos has a very patient style of play. Waiting for the opponent to get casual and relaxed and then turning up the pace, shocking the opponent every now and then. They defend for much of the game but are very deadly when attacking. Their main problem is the age of their players. It has cost them dearly against Real in Madrid. Around 75th minute they get tired and slow down merely covering their own half let alone attacking. Werder needs to win desperately. That will leave them very vulnerable at the back and with Pasanen out for this match Thomas Schaaf will have to think of a way to close the gap in his defense. Offensively they have no worries and it will be business as usual with one exception. The fanatical Olympiakos supporters will be making huge noise and of course it won't be pleasant coming to the stadium. Oly players will be under immense pressure as well, and that's why I think this will be a very ugly game with a lot of mistakes. Both teams will be very nervous and that's never good. Under 2.5 is a good bet with good odds. My opinion of course.

Mate, you cannot count on "Last Year" different squads, different coaches, different scenario. what i'm saying is, if you are going to play Valencia +0.75 you might as well just pound the draw because there is very very very little percentage that Chelsea will lose this game. Valencia winning will be a shock, they are just smashed right now. Of course Chelsea don't really see any reason to go all out. Its one thing for Valencia to "have to win" and "can win". valencia are desperate and backing them at any price is just dangerous when they have yet to win a game in their last 4. GL though, anything can happen. I just feel Schalke have a better opportunity to qualify than Valencia.
But he played on the AH, which means he wins if it ends in a draw and has more security should Chelsea win by a goal (half stake back). Don't think it's such a bad bet really. It doesn't seem to matter who is in charge of Chelsea, they never appears to do more than is needed. It's a very open game I think, I feel Chelsea may drop a couple of points here as they will likely be more focused on the weekend. But at the same time, I don't think they will want to loose at home, considering their record there. Without Drogba I don't think Chelsea is anything special really, they are still a world class team but without the cutting edge up front. Of course whoever get to play tonight may want to impress, especially if they aren't a regular in the side. My first thought is Chelsea win 1-0 or draw 0-0/1-1. Chelsea hardly ever completes a AH in my experience.

Re: Champions League Tue 11th Marseille - Liverpool I'm going to take the over 2.5 here on betfair @2.38 The odds seem great, also both teams are in this for the win, and I read in the news that rafa said they will be attacking and so did one of the marseille's players (cant remember which one exactly). Liverpool plays with a lot of goals lately, so I can't see this being an under 2.5 Just in case, I will wait till the start of the game to see the lineups and if it's an attacking kind of game place a 8/10 bet on an over.