** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gingers Jumpers

Re: Gingers Jumpers 2:45 Goodwood £50 @ 5/1 Shy (20% 4/1) £25 @ 2.2/1 Star Rocker (36% 7/4) Looks a poor contest. Shy is consistent and runs as though could improve as a stayer. Star Rocker probably failed to cope with soft conditions last time and is the obvious one if staying the trip.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gingers Jumpers

3:55 Goodwood £60 @ 5.4/1 Storyland (22% 7/2) £40 @ 13/2 (Corals) Miss Rochester (16.5% 5/1) In contrast to the 4:30 this looks a bunch of in form fillies. Storyland beat quite a few of these last time and although less well off at the weights now, is improving and won well. Miss Rochester is another capable of improvement and did not get the run of the race last time. My main concern is pace. The rank outsider might dictate a low pace with my two stuck out the back. Starfala, Montbretia and Shimoni are other concerns:lol. Ginge
Good work on Storyland, Ginge. I backed that on its last run but bottled it today as Montbretia was a little better off at the weights. Anyway, nice one. :clap

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gingers Jumpers

J, Has gone through my mind that Sizing Europe looks over priced at around 14/1. But I have asked quite a few bookies for a price and they tell me they won't offer one because of the injury. A pulled muscle does not sound too bad, if that is what it is. I wonder if it could be something a little more problematical. Anyway found another couple of bets for the Champion. £20 @ 50/1 (Stan James) Crack Away Jack If this horse was trained by a so called top trainer he would be less than half those odds. You might have to ask them for the price as it is yet to be "quoted". £10 @ 29/1 (Betfair) Ashkazaar Better than result of Fred Winter, did best of those to race prominently. Just a slight doubt in my mind whether his temperament will hold. Both horses are good looking individuals who should continue to improve. Will probably save on Sizing Europe once more is known.
Go Emma Go.:hope Ginge

• 3 weeks later...