** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLyon - Stuttgart
SelectionLyon
Strength10/10
Date07/11/2007
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningLyon all the way here.They won this fixture two weeks ago 2:0 and giving the fact that Stuttgart is realy poor when playing away this season this should be good bet.Home advantage should do the trick here and Lyon realy needs this win to keep their promotion chances alive.

is this true? if so' date=' why has the manager hinted he may rest Kanoute/Kone? 1 point here and they would be in fine shape i believe...but may be wrong so hence the question. GL[/quote'] Well they have more or less everything in their own hands. If they win tonight, they are through if Slavia loose to Arsenal. And even if Slavia manged a point, they would still have a big advatage, and still have to play them away in the last round. A draw might make things a bit trickier for them should Slavia get a point...or three. But a draw would be a decent result if Arsenal win tonight, cause that would leave them 4 points clear in 2nd place.

Champions League Soccer - Fenerbahce/PSV Eindhoven - total Over 2½ (+126) for the regulation time held on Nov 7 at 2:45pm [pending] I have a number of reasons for playing this one: 1. It represents the highest odds on offer for a O 2.5 in today's games. Everyone expects this to go under. 2. The two teams have many missing players...Fenerbahce missing its top striker, both teams missing crucial defenders. But the replacements should be highly motivated, and I think people overestimate what missing players does to a team. 3. Both teams are under pressure, but especially PSV. They are in third in their group, while Fenerbahce is the surprise team, having won once at home and drawn twice on the road. PSV has an interim coach (usually a good indicator since players fight to secure a place) who has announced his intention to use four forwards in this game and go for the needed 3 points. Now, what I'm reading is that two of these forwards are essentially attacking midfielders, but whatever...they're not going to use a defensive game plan. 4. The previous match between the two ended 0-0. People are overreacting to the previous result. 5. Fenerbahce is the type of team that needs space to operate on offense. The other team attacking plays right into their hands...assuming their various replacements can make PSV pay. I really believe that with PSV in attack mode, there will be space for Fener to create, and that whichever team finds itself behind in the game will fight hard to draw even, and these things have a way of getting out of control. It's probably a risky bet, but to my eyes a 2-1 final has a good chance.
i think this game will be end with 3 or 4 goals i play also correct score 2-2;)

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov my pics for tonight are MAN UN +3.5 GOALS ARSENAL + 1.5 GOALS ROMA +1.5 GOALS for this game i will say only the portugal teams start play attacking football not like past years and ROMA have same stile of play in home and away so i will bet on this good luck to all

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Here comes a new makin day money for the real punters>>>>>first of all i want to begin with the most resonable and realistic bets which seems to be tonight.... :ok my first bet in Dinamo K not to score on OLD TRAFORD ,....i like the odds very much ,1.8 seems to be enough for me to bet on MU clear sheet..I like a lot this kind of bet and almost when i bet on this i take it...First GL... :Dsecond bet bet is a realistic one ...CSKA not to score on SAN SIRO...whe must see INTER'S defence and then we can probably think than CSKA won;t have many opportunities to score.....1,78 lookin' very well :rollinGlasgow made me a good surprize in the first macth and the didn't score ,i have taken it the in 2.25:tongue2....maybe i can think in the same way for tonisht match ..Barca dosn't take many goals home and i think Glasgow doesn't have a scary attacl line ,,or miedfielders who can make the difference there until to Barca's Spot I'm also takin FENER for a good revenge because Psv took my money in the first match because the weren't able to score :::::LYON-STTUTGART ALSO CAN GO IN AN SHAPING UNDER 2.5 >>>>WHAT CAN I SAY IS ONLY GOOD LUCKY DAY :cheers

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Not enough value in the teams I fancy tonight for the small stakes I wager, so went for the following teams to score at least 4 goals :- Man Utd Arsenal Barcelona £5 Treble pays £559 :cheers Early goals please! :ok It's more likely to be 3 x 0-0 now! :lol Good luck all. :hope TQM

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Hi all, few small picks for tonight, but since Valencia done me out of big bucks last night I think Ill be more carefull this evening. I think Sporting Vs Roma will be a draw! Reasons for this are similar to the ones provided by other members in previous posts. Roma will be happy for a draw tonight as it prettymuch gaurantees them a place in the last 16. They are also without "top boy" Totti Im led to believe. Think Sporting will be up for the game however will they have enough class to break down Roma defence? Only time will tell I guess Prediction 0-0, 1-1 good luck with all bets :beer

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov I'm on the Man United/Arsenal double @ 1.88. Strongly think both teams will wiin and Wenger seems keen;

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We want to qualify as quickly as possible and we can achieve that at Slavia Prague. "By qualifying as early as possible we can rest players later on and it will help us in the Premier League. "At the moment I have not rotated too much because, after we had started well, I did not want to take that chance. I wanted to give consistency and belief to the side.
Really think Man United will do the business too so a VERY strong bet for me.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Taken from the Skysports website on the arsenal game; Arsene Wenger's men blew the Czech side away last time round; however after two draining clashes against Liverpool and Manchester United, the Frenchman has opted to shuffle his pack. A quartet of stars have been left behind in North London, with Wenger wary that a draw will be enough to see them through to the knock-out stages. Alexander Hleb and Cesc Fabregas are both rested after making 29 starts between them so far this season, while Kolo Toure (calf) and Tomas Rosicky (groin) are carrying minor knocks. Im still not sure what bet to do on this game

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Ok here goes, not too much value on outright wins in the CL tonight and so again i will dip into different markets - Corners! Barca vs Rangers Fully expect the gers to be on the back foot from the start of this game, barca dominating and creating most if not all of the chances, you know with barca tho that rangers will get a bit of freedom and will get chances on the counter attack because ronaldinho and messi dont make 'extra effort' to track back! Anyways back to my point, barca will have the ball in rangers' half most of the time and i expect them to be peppering the goal with shots, and so on the AH Corners i will take: Barca -3.5 corners @ 1.80 bet365 10/10 Man Utd vs Kiev Just like the Barca Rangers game, i and everyone expects Utd to dominate from start to finish, and with an expected strong line up from the home team, the Kiev keeper will be worked hard. Lets hope he can pull off a few saves, tipping them round the post instead of them going straight in!! Man Utd -4/-4.5 corners @ 1.85 bet365 10/10 Steaua vs Sevilla Sevilla will surely not rest players for this match as some have suggested, they are only in 2nd by 3 points. A win tonight would hold them in good stead to qualify and if they do so they would then be able to rest key players (depending on arsenal result). Anyways to my handicap corner punt, sevilla will not lack attacking threat, they have come back to some good form after a bad start to the season, two good wins against Real and Valencia, sandwiched by a 4-3 defeat against the other madrid. I cant really comment on Steaua, however i do believe Sevilla will provide more attacking threat on the night despite being away from home and so i will take them on the AH corner bet. Sevilla (0) corners @ 1.90 bet365 5/10 GL tonight! Treble if anyone is interested (like me ;)) pays @ 6.35 :ok

Taken from the Skysports website on the arsenal game; Arsene Wenger's men blew the Czech side away last time round; however after two draining clashes against Liverpool and Manchester United, the Frenchman has opted to shuffle his pack. A quartet of stars have been left behind in North London, with Wenger wary that a draw will be enough to see them through to the knock-out stages. Alexander Hleb and Cesc Fabregas are both rested after making 29 starts between them so far this season, while Kolo Toure (calf) and Tomas Rosicky (groin) are carrying minor knocks. Im still not sure what bet to do on this game
Well i think Arsene Wenger would have seen enough last time the teams played to have confidence in his side winning even without Fabregas and Hleb being rested. Arsenal have enough quality players in their squad to replace these with the likes of Gilberto, Denilson and Walcott. After what Wenger would have seen from last time i don't think him or any of his players will have any fears, if there is going to be any fear it will surely be the Czechs fearing Arsenal. I remember Wenger saying after the last Champions League game that he wants to make sure they win the group to avoid a second round game against the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan. With this in mind a win tonight for Arsenal, and with Arsenal surely going to win their last group game at home to Steaua, a win would give Arsenal the security of being to lose at Sevilla by two goals to still top the group on head to head records. My pick is Arsenal to win as Wenger will want to win the group as soon as possible.

Well i think Arsene Wenger would have seen enough last time the teams played to have confidence in his side winning even without Fabregas and Hleb being rested. Arsenal have enough quality players in their squad to replace these with the likes of Gilberto, Denilson and Walcott. After what Wenger would have seen from last time i don't think him or any of his players will have any fears, if there is going to be any fear it will surely be the Czechs fearing Arsenal. I remember Wenger saying after the last Champions League game that he wants to make sure they win the group to avoid a second round game against the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan. With this in mind a win tonight for Arsenal, and with Arsenal surely going to win their last group game at home to Steaua, a win would give Arsenal the security of being to lose at Sevilla by two goals to still top the group on head to head records. My pick is Arsenal to win as Wenger will want to win the group as soon as possible.
My sentiments exactly - how many times has Wenger fielded 'under strength' teams in domestic cups and theyve played out of their skins. I think it is a strong chance asenal will win and subsequently a strong bet.

My picks for today in the Champions League: Lyon-Stuttgart Lyon still has a chance of advancing to the next stage while Stuttgart has little or no chance at all but they (Stuttgart) might still make it to 3rd place and make it to the next round of the UEFA Cup. Midfielder Jeremy Toulalan and striker Milan Baros have been left out of the Lyon squad for tonight. Stuttgart is struggling this season but they've won the last two Bundesliga games which gives them a little of a confidence boost. They will also be looking for revenge after the loss at home to Lyon in the previsou round. My pick: away +1AH/+1.5AH (Asian Handicap); lost (It's a shame Stuttgart missed a penalty kick with the result at 3-2...but can't win them all...) Sporting-Roma Roma will be without their star Totti tonight. Sporting's Keeper Stojkovic is not sure to play tonight. Sporting playing at home is in a must win situation (which doens't necessarly mean they will do it). Roma will be satisfied with the draw as it will almost guarantee their qualification to the next round. My pick: draw; won Fenerbahce-PSV PSV just lost their coach Ronald Koeman to Valencia so I expect that to affect them a bit tonight. Fenerbahce is having a good CL campaign, they have a decent team with several quality Brazilian Internationals and playing in Turkey is always tough for the away teams. I see good "value" in the odd for the home win tonight. My pick: home win; won I'm staying away from the other CL games tonight. Good luck! JC
Another GREAT day :ok! :cheers

Found that Barca to win to nil bet mate' date=' unfortunatly the price has went way down from what Guillem quoted in the racing post. Barca to win to nil at 1.61 currently with bet 365, although found it at 1.8 with gamebookers. I'm sure if you shop around you should be able to find it mate. For me Barca should win this game tonight although it wont be tough. If they score early it could be 3 or 4, if Rangers can get to half time then they will grow in confidence and may have enough to hold on for a 0-0 draw. Either way I just cant see Rangers scoring tonight, that indeed would be a massive shock, which is the main reason I shall be taking [b']Barcelona to win to nil @ 1.8 with Gamebookers. My main bet tonight shall consist of a double with Fenerbache and Lyon. Fenerbache are without question a strong side, especially at home. It has been well documented that Turkey is an extremely difficult place for any team to get a result, never mind one who have recently sacked their manager. For me with most firms pricing fenerbache close to evens I fancy a home win. Lyon should win tonight at home against a very poor stuttgart side. Stuttgart have failed to impress in any of their cl games this season, and it looks as if Lyon are starting to hit a bit of form, sitting top of ligue 1 by 4 points. A Lyon win would keep the pressure on Rangers and is a necessity if the French side are to have any prospect of qualifying from this group. Good luck to all tonight :ok
Great night tonight although that novo effort in the 92nd minute almost gave me a heart attack. Anyway a solid 3 figure profit, not bad for a nights work!! Roll on the weekend! :cheers :rollin

Hi all, few small picks for tonight, but since Valencia done me out of big bucks last night I think Ill be more carefull this evening. I think Sporting Vs Roma will be a draw! Reasons for this are similar to the ones provided by other members in previous posts. Roma will be happy for a draw tonight as it prettymuch gaurantees them a place in the last 16. They are also without "top boy" Totti Im led to believe. Think Sporting will be up for the game however will they have enough class to break down Roma defence? Only time will tell I guess Prediction 0-0, 1-1 good luck with all bets :beer
Got away with the Sporting goal that was over the line, but cant complain, a win is a win :cow:beer cheers!

Like the look of Fenerbahce here at 2.10. They are unbeaten thus far in Group G beating Inter at home on Matchday1 and earning valuable draws in Moscow and Eindhoven. After the 0-0 in Eindhoven I think they have a good chance of following this up with a win' date= which would open up a 4 point gap between themselves and PSV. Turkey is a hard place to visit and I fancy a home win here setting Fener up nicely for the last 16. Any views of those with a better knowledge of Turkish and Dutch football is much appreciated :ok
Great shout mate, thanks for making my payout that bit more !! :ok

i have taken a bet for..the following.. inter over 2.5 goals -i think inter will win this but the odds is too low, so im just tryng my luck here on this one. WIN roma over 2.5 goals -last 2 games for both roma and the home team are over, so why not this one. WIN barca over 2.5 goals LOST arsenal to win LOST well either a draw or a win. MU over 2.5 goals WIN -i think both the home and away side will score in this one , with the end result of manchester winning sevilla to win WIN - sevilla has to win this to proceed to the next round and they seem the better team to me. lyon to win WIN - lyon is the better team of the two and they playing at home adds to the advantage.
not too bad. arsenal should have won but 2nd half they sucked so so so bad, they really do. and its wenger's fault for not playing 1st team. (xcept for those that are injured) barca's match i have no comment. they were unlucky and lots of CHANCES. omg.. should have been over . and yes, rangers were playing defence to the max (a little exaggeration but u kno what i mean)

That is a great bet on the correct scores! dunno how u came up with that but nice one :ok
Luck involved obviously but i knew Rangers would offer very little upfront and just try and keep the score as respectible as possible, therefore 2-0 seemed a sensible bet. Then i fancied Utd to win to nil scoring at least 3 goals in the process. Nearly went for 3-0 in the end but them remembered just how poor Kiev were last game. :lol:lol Some games can be quite easy to predict if they are teams doing well against teams struggling for example.

• 3 weeks later...