** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov

Wednesday 7 November 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Barcelona v Rangers (19:45 GMT)1.256.8020.00100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap2nd Half PenaltyBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreFirst Yellow Card TeamHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreNumber of Times Crossbar Will Be HitOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Player To Score 3+Red CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Fenerbahçe v PSV (19:45 GMT)2.103.504.30100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesTeam Goals in MatchTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Inter v CSKA Moscow (19:45 GMT)1.325.6015.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerTotal Goals(Spreads)Anytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreFirst Yellow Card TeamHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Player To Score 3+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesTeam Goals in MatchTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Lyon v Stuttgart (19:45 GMT)1.474.4010.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Manchester Utd v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45 GMT)1.207.8025.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerTotal Goals(Spreads)Anytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap2nd Half PenaltyBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreNumber of Times Crossbar Will Be HitOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Player To Score 3+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeam With Most CornersTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either HalfSS2.gif offer.gif
Slavia Praha v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)8.504.301.54100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/Under2nd Half PenaltyAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreFirst Yellow Card TeamHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreNumber of Times Crossbar Will Be HitOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either HalfSKY.gif
Sporting v Roma (19:45 GMT)3.003.352.68101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreFirst Yellow Card TeamHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Steaua v Sevilla (19:45 GMT)5.803.801.79100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/UnderAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfHome Team To ScoreKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesTeam Goals in MatchTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Why are Arsenal so highly priced? 1.5 for a team that trashed Slavia 7-0? I agree, it won't be the same score in Czech but Arsenal can't drop points here. Also Sevilla @ 1.65 is gold, Steaua lost today against Poli Timisoara and their morale isn't very good. The winning combo for me would be MU + Sevilla + Arsenal, odds ~ 2.7.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov

Barcelona v Rangers (19:45 GMT)1.276.6018.00100%
Sporting v Roma (19:45 GMT)3.003.402.61102%
:ok:beer

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov If theres any justice in football, surely a Barca win must be a stick on. To be fair to say the price is poor would be an understatement, its a game barca should win but Rangers in Europe this season have been solid, conceding only 1 goal in 7 games home and away makes this an even more formidable prospect for Barca. The game at Ibrox was one which Barca controlled wothout creating much in the final third, McGregor was the quietest man on the park that night. However surely wednesday night will be a different story, a Barca win will seem them qualify and they have the quality in the squad to win by a couple. Prediction - Home win

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Like the look of Fenerbahce here at 2.10. They are unbeaten thus far in Group G beating Inter at home on Matchday1 and earning valuable draws in Moscow and Eindhoven. After the 0-0 in Eindhoven I think they have a good chance of following this up with a win, which would open up a 4 point gap between themselves and PSV. Turkey is a hard place to visit and I fancy a home win here setting Fener up nicely for the last 16. Any views of those with a better knowledge of Turkish and Dutch football is much appreciated :ok

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Fenerbahce is not a good European performer and $2 is very short-priced. Definately, Istanbul isn't an easy place to play for foreign teams however, it can be done - just have a look in the books. The draw against Moskow was a last minute strike and the win against Milan was a fluke - nothing that will make me say they have an edge over PSV. Dutch teams have a fantastic record against Fenerbahce and with the added motivation of needing to win the game I'll take PSV +0.5 @ 2.20.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Have you see any european game this season from Fenerbahçe ? This year play Fenerbahçe very different in CL,because they have more trial.We have see that in last game with PSV,CSKA and İNTER they played very clever.They find many chance to score and have given too small goal position to all this teams.

Fenerbahce is not a good European performer and $2 is very short-priced. Definately' date=' Istanbul isn't an easy place to play for foreign teams [u']however, it can be done - just have a look in the books. The draw against Moskow was a last minute strike and the win against Milan was a fluke - nothing that will make me say they have an edge over PSV. Dutch teams have a fantastic record against Fenerbahce and with the added motivation of needing to win the game I'll take PSV +0.5 @ 2.20.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov First post so here goes.... i was in Kiev for the away game and have to say that Dynamo were easily the worst team i've seen united play at that level for many a year and fully expect united to win by three or more at home. Also the 1.95 Bet365 are offering on Arsenal at -1 looks very tempting. i will plumping for a United (-2) and Arsenal (-1) double with bet365 at 3.99. Good luck all

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Well, United, Barca, Inter, Sevilla and the Gunners seem to be all a good choice today. But the stakes for the first two teams are kinda lousy. So I will stay away from Barcelona and will try over 3.5 instead of home win for Manchester (2.1- sounds good, considering the last result-2:4) GL

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov You Know why nobody talks about INTER? Because like any other italian team at this stage of competition, whether it be CL or UEFA, they do not care about their mid week matches and rather focuse on the scudetto. Tonighnt, let's say it, statistically, there should be a surprise result, and for me, I sense that this will come from the Inter match. I'll play an X2 to cover but, no way I see Inter winning this one.

You Know why nobody talks about INTER? Because like any other italian team at this stage of competition' date=' whether it be CL or UEFA, they do not care about their mid week matches and rather focuse on the scudetto. Tonighnt, let's say it, statistically, there should be a surprise result, and for me, I sense that this will come from the Inter match. I'll play an X2 to cover but, no way I see Inter winning this one.[/quote'] Lazio and Milan both beat stronger teams than CSKA Moscow last night and Inter's home record speaks for itself. I see them winning by at least 2.

Fenerbahce is not a good European performer and $2 is very short-priced. Definately' date=' Istanbul isn't an easy place to play for foreign teams [u']however, it can be done - just have a look in the books. The draw against Moskow was a last minute strike and the win against Milan was a fluke - nothing that will make me say they have an edge over PSV. Dutch teams have a fantastic record against Fenerbahce and with the added motivation of needing to win the game I'll take PSV +0.5 @ 2.20.
Don't want to put you off your choice, but re Fenerbahce game with Inter you are wrong. A friend was at the game, said Fener controlled 3/4 of the game with power and skill. I saw the highlights myself nad the Turks missed almost a dozen good chances yet I saw nothing from the Italians. Sure it was only highlights, but my mate was far from biased, it was Fener all the way. I'd rather see PSV through to the next stage but unless it is a surprize-low-scoring draw I can only see a home win here Good luck

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Internazionale - CSKA Moskva || 1 @ 1.30 Barcelona - Rangers || 1 @ 1.22 Slavia Praha - Arsenal || 2 @ 1.50 Manchester United - Dynamo Kiev || 1 @ 1.15 Lyon - VfB Stuttgart || 1 @ 1.45 Fenerbahce - PSV || 1X @ 1.20 Steaua Bucuresti - Sevilla || X2 @ 1.13 Sporting CP - Roma || X2 @ 1.42 tot @ 7.64 [expekt] Barcelona - Rangers || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.63 Manchester United - Dynamo Kiev || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.68 Sporting CP - Roma || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.36 Fenerbahce - PSV || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.34 Steaua Bucuresti - Sevilla || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.49 tot @ 7.44 [expekt]

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Noticed in the racing post Guillem Balague tipped Barca to win to nil against Rangers at a tasty evens. None of the firms i use offer this so the closest I could find was Barca to keep a clean sheet at 1.72 on Betfair. Rangers will set up 4-5-1, Barcelona will dominate possession and Rangers will have a tough time winning and retaining the ball and I don't see them creating much in the way of clear-cut chances. Therefore I think the price on offer is decent value as opposed to the low odds on a Barca straight win.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov ok peeps, here it is, Treble for Man Utd, Inter and Fenerbahce. £250 returns £695. Man Utd game is more than a banker, shame the odds are way shit! Inter are not the best in Europe but are at home and should win comfortably considering they play to their potential, and that David Suazo is it?? Get him off the starting eleven, he is piss! lol, Finally with odds of 10/11 i think it was, its a good value bet to add in Fenerbahce, they are at home and hardly any teams go to Turkey and win, let alone PSV who are without a manager and will be low on confidence along with the extreme taunts from the Turksih crowd, I mean we all saw how Liverpool were humiliated, yeh I call it humiliation if they can go away and get beat and yet win the same game 8-0 at home! PS. Word of advice, do not play Arsenal for the win tonight, far too risky, No Van Persie, Toure, Fabregas, or Rosicky. Arsenal will be happy with a draw as they only need a point to secure qualification! Good luck everyone!

Why are Arsenal so highly priced? 1.5 for a team that trashed Slavia 7-0? I agree' date=' it won't be the same score in Czech but Arsenal can't drop points here. Also Sevilla @ 1.65 is gold, Steaua lost today against Poli Timisoara and their morale isn't very good. The winning combo for me would be MU + Sevilla + Arsenal, odds ~ 2.7.[/quote'] Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and Toure aren't playing. Arsenal only need a point to qualify so a draw is a possibility, which would be unfortunate because I have them down to win with a clean sheet.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Hopefully both Man Utd and Sevilla field their best forward in today's match and expect to see lots of goals in both matches. No confirmed reports of Man Utd resting ronaldo / rooney but Saha might start. Same with Sevilla, their coach hinted Fabiano and Kanoute might be rested. If best possible forward starts, I'm predicting a scoreline of Man Utd - Kiev 3-1 , 4-1 Steaua - Sevilla 2-4, 1-3

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Why doesn't everybody have a lie-down and stop using the word banker already. Wasn't Valencia a banker yesterday? Or Chelsea, or Real Madrid? For every team like Milan or Liverpool that are favored and win 3-0 or 8-0, there are several that just don't play up to expectations... Banker...rhymes with...

Noticed in the racing post Guillem Balague tipped Barca to win to nil against Rangers at a tasty evens. None of the firms i use offer this so the closest I could find was Barca to keep a clean sheet at 1.72 on Betfair. Rangers will set up 4-5-1' date= Barcelona will dominate possession and Rangers will have a tough time winning and retaining the ball and I don't see them creating much in the way of clear-cut chances. Therefore I think the price on offer is decent value as opposed to the low odds on a Barca straight win.
Found that Barca to win to nil bet mate, unfortunatly the price has went way down from what Guillem quoted in the racing post. Barca to win to nil at 1.61 currently with bet 365, although found it at 1.8 with gamebookers. I'm sure if you shop around you should be able to find it mate. For me Barca should win this game tonight although it wont be tough. If they score early it could be 3 or 4, if Rangers can get to half time then they will grow in confidence and may have enough to hold on for a 0-0 draw. Either way I just cant see Rangers scoring tonight, that indeed would be a massive shock, which is the main reason I shall be taking Barcelona to win to nil @ 1.8 with Gamebookers. In tonights other games I agree no value in taking Man U, again its a game they should win but at that price not worth the gamble, Valencia showed last night there is no such thing as a banker in champions league football. I agree with other posters here in the sense that the arsenal game is a game that they dont need to win, a point all but guarantees qualification and with Arsenal as short as 1.5 with some firms in my opinion this is another match I shall be staying clear from. The same logic applies for the Sevilla match tonight. Again very short price and they are playing a team in Steau who put in a strong showing in the reverse fixture 2 weeks ago where Sevilla were holding on towards the end of their 2-1 win, Steau may take some confidence from that night and feel they are capable of taking something from the game. For me 1.66 isnt big enough to tempt me unfortunatly. My main bet tonight shall consist of a double with Fenerbache and Lyon. Fenerbache are without question a strong side, especially at home. It has been well documented that Turkey is an extremely difficult place for any team to get a result, never mind one who have recently sacked their manager. For me with most firms pricing fenerbache close to evens I fancy a home win. Lyon should win tonight at home against a very poor stuttgart side. Stuttgart have failed to impress in any of their cl games this season, and it looks as if Lyon are starting to hit a bit of form, sitting top of ligue 1 by 4 points. A Lyon win would keep the pressure on Rangers and is a necessity if the French side are to have any prospect of qualifying from this group. Good luck to all tonight :ok

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov i have taken a bet for..the following.. inter over 2.5 goals -i think inter will win this but the odds is too low, so im just tryng my luck here on this one. roma over 2.5 goals -last 2 games for both roma and the home team are over, so why not this one. barca over 2.5 goals arsenal to win well either a draw or a win. MU over 2.5 goals -i think both the home and away side will score in this one , with the end result of manchester winning sevilla to win - sevilla has to win this to proceed to the next round and they seem the better team to me. lyon to win - lyon is the better team of the two and they playing at home adds to the advantage.

i have taken a bet for..the following.. inter over 2.5 goals -i think inter will win this but the odds is too low, so im just tryng my luck here on this one. roma over 2.5 goals -last 2 games for both roma and the home team are over, so why not this one. barca over 2.5 goals arsenal to win well either a draw or a win. MU over 2.5 goals -i think both the home and away side will score in this one , with the end result of manchester winning sevilla to win - sevilla has to win this to proceed to the next round and they seem the better team to me. lyon to win - lyon is the better team of the two and they playing at home adds to the advantage.
is this true? if so, why has the manager hinted he may rest Kanoute/Kone? 1 point here and they would be in fine shape i believe...but may be wrong so hence the question. GL

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Champions League Soccer - Fenerbahce/PSV Eindhoven - total Over 2½ (+126) for the regulation time held on Nov 7 at 2:45pm [pending] I have a number of reasons for playing this one: 1. It represents the highest odds on offer for a O 2.5 in today's games. Everyone expects this to go under. 2. The two teams have many missing players...Fenerbahce missing its top striker, both teams missing crucial defenders. But the replacements should be highly motivated, and I think people overestimate what missing players does to a team. 3. Both teams are under pressure, but especially PSV. They are in third in their group, while Fenerbahce is the surprise team, having won once at home and drawn twice on the road. PSV has an interim coach (usually a good indicator since players fight to secure a place) who has announced his intention to use four forwards in this game and go for the needed 3 points. Now, what I'm reading is that two of these forwards are essentially attacking midfielders, but whatever...they're not going to use a defensive game plan. 4. The previous match between the two ended 0-0. People are overreacting to the previous result. 5. Fenerbahce is the type of team that needs space to operate on offense. The other team attacking plays right into their hands...assuming their various replacements can make PSV pay. I really believe that with PSV in attack mode, there will be space for Fener to create, and that whichever team finds itself behind in the game will fight hard to draw even, and these things have a way of getting out of control. It's probably a risky bet, but to my eyes a 2-1 final has a good chance.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Seeing as everyone is on Barca like Valencia last night I'm taking small stakes on Rangers +2 @11/10 with Boyles. Barca are no doubt strong at Camp Nou but Rangers are resiliant and this is the type of game their style of play is suited to. The score I feel will be alot closer than people are predicting. Rangers will be no different to the game 2 weeks ago so I can actually see this game being unders. I also like the look of Fener. They've been playing well this season in Europe and at home I think they will have an edge over PSV. To me the home win looks good value. And much like the first game I mentioned I think I'll take CSKA Moscow with the +2 handicap too @5/6 Paddy Power. They don't concede many goals and although I do expect Inter to win I think it will only be by one goal.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov Im going for a treble tonight on: Fenerbahce v PSV Eindhoven (1) -The Turkish side have never lost at home against Dutch opposition. Lyon v Stuttgart (1) Lyon have won their last four games against German opposition in CL (twice versus Werder Bremen, once versus Bayern Munich and Stuttgart). Inter v CSKA Moscow (1) - Inter have won their last two CL games, scoring two goals each time. This gives odds of 3.44 which i think is reasonable. gl all :ok

Re: Champions League Wednesday 07 Nov My picks for today in the Champions League: Lyon-Stuttgart Lyon still has a chance of advancing to the next stage while Stuttgart has little or no chance at all but they (Stuttgart) might still make it to 3rd place and make it to the next round of the UEFA Cup. Midfielder Jeremy Toulalan and striker Milan Baros have been left out of the Lyon squad for tonight. Stuttgart is struggling this season but they've won the last two Bundesliga games which gives them a little of a confidence boost. They will also be looking for revenge after the loss at home to Lyon in the previsou round. My pick: away +1AH/+1.5AH (Asian Handicap); Sporting-Roma Roma will be without their star Totti tonight. Sporting's Keeper Stojkovic is not sure to play tonight. Sporting playing at home is in a must win situation (which doens't necessarly mean they will do it). Roma will be satisfied with the draw as it will almost guarantee their qualification to the next round. My pick: draw; Fenerbahce-PSV PSV just lost their coach Ronald Koeman to Valencia so I expect that to affect them a bit tonight. Fenerbahce is having a good CL campaign, they have a decent team with several quality Brazilian Internationals and playing in Turkey is always tough for the away teams. I see good "value" in the odd for the home win tonight. My pick: home win; I'm staying away from the other CL games tonight. Good luck! JC