** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Jumps Season 07/08 - Notebook & Ante Post Bets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Jumps Season 07/08 - Notebook & Ante Post Bets

Grand National weights came out today and there were a few that caught the eye down the weights. Character Building at 10-05 especially if it it was not too quick, Philson Run at 10-05 who ran a fine race last year when fourth, Longshanks at 10-03 did not quite get home last year but looks lowly weighted although looks doubtful I would have thought to get in. One that I think could get in at 10-06 is Comply or Die who is 40/1 but on the exhanges has been going on some big prices 370+, I settled for 150 for 5 pts and 20 to place 5 pts. Now whilst some other former RSAC seconds are more fancied for this race such as Snowy Morning and Idle Talk even, this one definitely boasts top form from his 2005 RSAC second when just beaten by Trabolgan. Earlier that season it was Grade 2 winner over fences. Over its hurdle days it was fourth behind Fundamentalist and Inglis Drever at the festival. After its RSAC second it was described as a horse who gallops forever so a race like the GN would seem a logical target in the future. At this stage it was 147 and showed good ground was seemingly ideal. After that it must be said it had disappointed generally, it produced the odd good run in a Hennessy but was pulled up in SGN and WGN. However it returned this season after a two year break and did take some going but lto it produced a brave front running performance on testing ground when just denied by Cloudy Lane who is much shorter for the GN, with the aid of first time blinkers. Now there is a four pounds swing with Cloudy lane so that is fair enough and it is rated offically now 139 which compares well to its old mark. It remains only 9 and reasonably lightly raced and that fact that it has been kept in training by David Johnson and Pipe suggests they think something of it. I see it is entered at a traditional GN trial at Haydock next week and certainly the prices on the exchanges seem big to me.
Put a few in this thread but to get a winner and a Grand National winner with this one is amazing, I think its the biggest winner Ive ever had, not much on it but at those huge prices you dont need much:nana:nana:nana

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Jumps Season 07/08 - Notebook & Ante Post Bets ORION D’OUDAIRES

The form of this ones last race is looking good. 3 of the first 4 home have won since, with Orion D'Oudaires sandwiched in between them. Fell when going well previously. He should go well next time so i'll most likely be backing him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Jumps Season 07/08 - Notebook & Ante Post Bets

There is a horse running at Exeter tomorrow called Master Minded. You wont know the horse as its a french import into Nicholls stable & owned by the now legendary Clive Smith (Kauto Star). The race only has 4 runners & i am sure it will start very short. They think this one could go to the very top & at 4yo could even enter the QM chase at Cheltenham (i took 80.0 last night). This is good information from the people that own the horse, however to win a race of that magnitude would take some doing for a horse not seen on a British racecourse yet. :hope for a sound debut tomorrow, but this could be worth following for a few seasons to come especially after the owners success with Kauto star.
That was an absolute fantastic spot mate and just to think must of been a few on here who thought you were crazy when it went and unseated rider on his british debut,then it goes and wins the above race,was probably one of the most impressive winners of such an high profile race.Hope he as a good season this time round to :hope:hope will be watching this thread with anticipation mate :ok