Bad Beat or Bad Play???

Beejayville

Table was mainly full of calling stations who folded to most raises. I had built up my chips by seeing cheap flops and outplaying after the flop when I hit the best hand. I had AQ suited here and elected to call and see what the flop contained. Didn't hit on the flop but tried to steal the pot after the flop as it had been working previously as people gave me respect for a good hand as I wasn't playing too many pots, and when I did go all the way I had fairly good hands. After the turn I had a flush draw and got free look at the river where I hit my A high spades flush. Put him on trip 6's but didn't realise when the 4 of spades made my flush, it also made his full house and in the process gave him all my chips. Should I have raised pre flop to most likely win $0-75, or was the way I played the hand ok and just unlucky? Some feedback would be greatly appreciated... PokerStars Game #12733339102: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/10/20 - 02:26:58 (ET) Table 'Tarvos V' 9-max Seat #9 is the button Seat 1: TangledBlue ($49.50 in chips) Seat 2: Püppi79 ($9.50 in chips) Seat 3: diebitter ($61.60 in chips) Seat 5: pedro41 ($43 in chips) Seat 6: Beejayville ($42.60 in chips) Seat 7: 666DAA ($59.30 in chips) Seat 8: JToney ($31 in chips) Seat 9: jowie53 ($28.95 in chips) TangledBlue: posts small blind $0.25 Püppi79: posts big blind $0.50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Beejayville [As Qs] diebitter: folds pedro41: folds Beejayville: calls $0.50 666DAA: calls $0.50 JToney: folds jowie53: calls $0.50 TangledBlue: folds Püppi79: checks *** FLOP *** [6c 6h Ts] Püppi79: checks Beejayville: bets $1.50 666DAA: calls $1.50 jowie53: folds Püppi79: folds *** TURN *** [6c 6h Ts] [Js] Beejayville: checks 666DAA: checks *** RIVER *** [6c 6h Ts Js] [4s] Beejayville: bets $3 666DAA: raises $15.50 to $18.50 Beejayville: raises $22.10 to $40.60 and is all-in 666DAA: calls $22.10 *** SHOW DOWN *** Beejayville: shows [As Qs] (a flush, Ace high) 666DAA: shows [6d 4h] (a full house, Sixes full of Fours) 666DAA collected $83.45 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $86.45 | Rake $3 Board [6c 6h Ts Js 4s] Seat 1: TangledBlue (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 2: Püppi79 (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 3: diebitter folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: pedro41 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: Beejayville showed [As Qs] and lost with a flush, Ace high Seat 7: 666DAA showed [6d 4h] and won ($83.45) with a full house, Sixes full of Fours Seat 8: JToney folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: jowie53 (button) folded on the Flop

Re: Bad Beat or Bad Play??? Id call that a bad beat if it was me playing. Would be hard to put him on a 4 aswell. It would be likely that he had trip sixes by the way he was playing, but because he didnt raise after the Turn you wouldnt expect he'd have a T or J either. Very hard to put him on a 4

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.