** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Font 3.40 Lodge Lane 15 pt win @ SP. Taking a bit of a gamble here with one that has no hurdles experience so playing a bit of a guessing game. However last year it won two bumpers before a very eye catching performance against the best at the festival bumper. It ended up down in midfield but it was incredibly wild and must have travelled so much more ground than anyone else so to come reasonably close indicates at a lot of talent and enough talent to make sure I am interested in its hurdling debut.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 A few today, not particular original but hopefully a few winners: Taunt 1.50 Colisay 6/4 15 pts win Pretty good type on the flat and a lot to like about the win lto. Trainer seemed reasonably confident before that win but also warned that it will improve on anything that day bearing that in mind today you would think it would have every chance. Mexican Bob an obvious danger but this one possibly a bit more unexposed. 2.20 Acambo 5/6 15 pts win In terms of chasing ability I do not know much only an easy win in a small field at Ascot for this one who Arkles are mentioned but clearly a very good sort over hurdles, will like it getting quicker and through a form line with an also ran on its first win it may have Pepporoni Pete covered who's win has not really been backed up. 2.50 Rody de Cimbre 3/1 15 pts win Tipped this up e.w lto when I was playing a bit of a guessing game as to whether it could step up on glimpses of potential and it did to stay on well enough to get second. Should go close again today for a trainer who remains in top form. 3.50 Not Left Yet 3/1 15 pts win This has been quite a dark horse all in its career and is sent back over hurdles on a more favourable mark today and despite being the top weight in this race today, it is top in the betting which suggests a bold run is expected as a 'warm up' possibly ahead of the Welsh National. If it was weak in the betting I would be very anti but it appears it is not. Hunt 3.00 Thievery SP 15 pts win Recently started to find some decent form with a victory lto and a narrow second just before that. On its last win lto, it travelled quite well before pouncing through to win and has a claimer on today to take even more vital pounds off right at the bottom. Ludl 1.40 Im a Legend 11/4 15 pts win First few starts it had absolutely nothing but the bird flew last week when having been backed at huge prices it looked like it was giving a red hot favourite real problems when clear of the rest before the saddle slipped and it took the pair out. Can make up for that today. 2.40 Never so Blue 11/8 15 pts win Bolted in again lto for another easy win as it again took advantage of its mark over chases. Alternative engagements shunted today in favour of this one and can go close again, the quicker ground is perhaps of a slight concern. 3.10 Brousse En Feux 9/4 15 pts win Comfortable win lto when it travelled very well in the blinkers before making its decisive move at the crunch of the race and won easily enough. Looked that day that it was capable of going in again.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Chelt 12.45 Imperial Commander 11/10 These small fields can always be slightly muddling affairs but for me this one comes into this with the stand out form, boasting good wins over fences after a decent hurdle career. The Nicholls horse was as possibly flattered lto as they went far too fast and the other horse from that horse maybe more of a threat. 1.20 Blue Splash 15/2 e.w Put it up when it went in over hurdles lto and that should set it up well for this one, seemingly a very progressive sort who relishes the longer trip and is also a very determined and brave sort who I believe can take to the demands of Cheltenham and place claims at least, Parsons Legacy 8/1 e.w in some ways a frustrating sort who can run in snatches but also of some talent as the odd win has showed and good performances at the festival when frustratingly making huge late progress to second and in the Scottish National. 1.55 Heads on the ground 4/1 e.w seems strange taking both here but an decent e.w terms they maybe bets to nothing, mind you on this course you just do not know, this one won this race at the festival and it should benefit from the run lto when second and has the obvious strong connections for the race, Freneys Well 5/1 e.w also has those strong conncetions and the second in Ireland to the back end of last year to the legend was a fine run and puts it bang in this. Taking them both here. 2.30 Roman Villa 8/1 e.w Ring the Boss could well go in again and Jack the Giant has to be feared on this mark over hurdles but I am not ruling out this one for the GN winning trainer who has done well in his raids over here. This one put up a fine effort at Cheltenham only to be done by McCoy as much as anything before winning easily lto and it still might not be too badly treated. 3.05 Leading Contender 4/1 e.w Have put this up numerous occasions and it has not really let me down this year with continually solid placed efforts and here as well, against some good types, possibly has a decent chance today with perhaps the field opposing with not so many ahead of the handicapper. 3.40 Snap Tie 6/4 Another Hobbs one who I have put up before. Started its hurdle career with possibly a fortunate win but ran very well again lto on the course when it just got caught at the death by the Nicholls horse. Both are good horses but Snap Tie meets it on better terms today and I just feel if it was not in front so long lto, it had its beating. We will see. All win, 15 pts, e.w, 7.5 pts e.w

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Chelt 12.20 Franchoek 4/5 15 pts win For these connections a 4 yr old for next year is hugely respected and at times it can be even over hyped but not this one, gone from strength to strength and the win lto was impressive at the course, strong claims. 1.30 My Turn Now 6/1 7.5 pts e.w Interesting race with a few with decent claims but at an e.w price this one has to be respected on last years form, lto it was poor but as well as possibly needing the run it will like the ground not be really quick if not still quick. Possibly had better form last year than some of the more fancied runners here. 2.05 Tidal Bay 10/11 15 pts In my TTTF with various options come March being all fit and well but capable of taking this before. Some in here who could be anything have to be feared but this one has had a couple of runs and boosted some decent wins and lots of improvement to come, has speed and yet stays well, good combination. 2.40 Abragante 13/2 e.w 7.5 pts Good place claims at least. Did not quite see it out in the Hennessy lto so drop back could well be ideal. Will do everything on the bridle so question marks if in a battle but AP booked so it might not have much option come crucnh and a decent e.w bet imo New Alco 12/1 e.w 7.5 pts Again disappointed in the Hennessy but on reflection from connections there was a feeling that it did not appreciate the ground and on other form it must be respected, highly weighted but has been before and ran good races and even though it could find one too good possibly, place claims. 3.10 Macs Joy 6/1 e.w 10 pts. I have advised this for the CH hurdle @ 25/1 and any kind of good run today and that should drop. I just look at the CH picture in general and Im unconvinced by the standard of this recent form imo and therefore believe Macs Joy's secomd to Brave Inca at his peak is the best in the CH picture. A few reasons I say that. Sublimity, the CH winner I am unconvinced by and it could well prove me wrong, I got Voy Por right last week so I will probably get this wrong. Firstly I am always sceptical when horses like Sublimity find so much 'improvement', looking at the race I feel it was set up for him in some ways by a stupid pace and the fact Afsoun stayed on for 3 showed that imo, Brave Inca and Hardly eustace were almost legless, plus there is a question as to whether he will be totally ready today. Osana last run was a blinder considering the Pipe team and is feared as maybe Straw Bear who the trainer imo has mislead as I thought he said it was going chasing, if he keeps fit in some ways he has Sublimity and Afsoun covered. However on the hope Macs Joy can recereate its old form and that is a question still, I plump for this, trainer recent record a slight negative but has a lot still going, already had a run and such an amazing weight pull.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Staked 1842.8 pts Returned 1735.83pts P/L -106.97 Strike rate 37.67% (55/146) Not a good day and summed up by Macs Joy which ends ante post which is a shame as the way it was backed today, getting weight I do not think it would have been 25/1 for CH after especially considering that my suspicions about Sublimity appearered correct even if it did need the run somewhat. Thanks for the memories Macs Joy. I said earlier I felt it was a poor CH now I think it is even poorer and it is a very open race. Good handicappers could have a chance in it this year now.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Posting selections for tomorrow now. Will post prices later. Muss 1.50 Brave Rebellion. I really think the key here is that the ground should be quicker. Its hurdle form was better on quicker ground and whilst it has ran ok at times on softer ground over fences so far, the ground today should play right into this one's hand and could still yet be an e.w shout to get into the two. Cork 1.10 Uncle Junior After a couple of bumper wins last year it took a whil eto find its feet but seems to have improved a lot of late with the softer ground and increasing ground a possible reason. She appreciate further step up and be able to step up form d/h lto which is form that has already been boosted somewhat by one down the order. 1.40 Gemini Lucy The trainer's lack of a winner is a concern and also that this one possibly and indeed probably likes it quicker but even still it gets decent weight and is a very talented horse. Can make mistakes but going right handed, which is the absolute key, should bring out the best in thi sone and some of her rivals are possibly on the decline. 2.10 Be My Leader The drop down in trip is a concern and does give me some worry as I am not certain this one has totally suggested that it wants that so far but it will like softer ground and the first two runs this year looks pretty solid form, the win over Scotsirish warrents respect as that one could still be very useful. 3.15 Cooldine Taking a chance as to hurdle ability but certainly talented in the bumpers last year, a strong run in the festival bumper proved that and that bumper form has worked reasonably well I would say an dshould like the softer ground rather than the quicker ground it got on its last start. Nav 12.25 Glencove Marina Makes an eagerly awaited chasing debut. Good form and connections must have thought of CH but have opted for this route. It had a recent hurdle run so shoul dnot be totally without a run and despite the ground perhaps being too soft, it has won on softer ground before so I am not too concerned about that and if connections were they would not run it. 12.55 Sweet Kiln Gets good weight here and if anywhere near repeating lto performance when just defeated by Aitmatov who continues to look better and better then it has a huge chance as it goe son softer ground no problem. Seems to have improved and I am not totally certain as if the main rival Jazz Messenger will like the increased trip.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Plump 12.50 Pauillac 15/8 15 pts Pipe team on fire and Arkles have been mentioned about this one who the feeling is that will be a much better chaser. Looked decent in patches on its debut win and even though Mann's runner is weighted to change the form, I am not totally sure as to if all of his are flying. French runner could be the danger. 1.20 Choumaker 7/1 7.5 pts e.w Again for the form Pipe team. I now nothing about hurdling ability unlike some of the others such as Merlin's Magic who has shown a consistent standard but this one had decent bumper and was thought good enough to be put into the festival bumper so must have ability and an e.w price here. 1.55 The Apprentice 7/2 15 pts I really liked the win lto in a bumper at Chepstow and noted this one as one to follow. Again I do not know hurdling ability but I think 2m 5f is possibly the right trip considering to win at Chepstow in a bumper.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Not much time so putting my selections up quickly, will explain later: Newb 12.00 Kavaloti @ 25/1 e.w 7.5 pts Basically look at explaination last time when it was rubbish, blinkers applied this time. 1.00 Mister Potter 10/3 15 pts win 2.40 Seven is my Number 7/2 15 pts win. Bang 12.20 Saunders Road @ 3/1 15 pts win 1.20 Openditch @ 2/1 15 pts win 2.25 Raslan @ 25/1 7.5 pts e.w

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Newb 1.00 Mister Potter Racked up notable successes last term and definitely looked one to follow. Fell lto but even though it seems to like it really heavy should have a good chance. 2.40 Seven is my Number A very interesting horse. Recorded two nice bumper wins and can be very enigmatic but if it does take to hurdling for the Osana trainer and jockey it has to be respected with the talent showed on a level. Bang 12.20 Saunders Road Its hurdle form puts it right in this but its only chase experience does not. However it arrives in better form for this after good hurdle performances recently including the odd victory. 1.20 Openditch. Again another one who showed some form in bumpers but made an impressive start over hurdles and might be good enough to concede weight. 2.25 Raslan. Might be a big price here e.w, top weight but likes good ground and on pieces of form warrents plenty of respect. Trainer continues good form.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Staked 2037.8 pts Returned 2137.08pts P/L +99.28 Strike rate 36.02% (58/161) A real miracle today a 25/1 winner. A bit rushed for time though so did not put it in the daily threads and also left it out of the DHRC for a smaller odds selection. Still, profit at last.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008

Staked 2037.8 pts Returned 2137.08pts P/L +99.28 Strike rate 36.02% (58/161) A real miracle today a 25/1 winner. A bit rushed for time though so did not put it in the daily threads and also left it out of the DHRC for a smaller odds selection. Still, profit at last.
lovely 25/1 winner that one Woody, hope you managed some silver on it :clap

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Will post up prices tomorrow. Exe 1.20 Pimbury e.w A tough handicap but this one not completely out of it. Good first run behind the decent My Turn Now when third and placed later on. Lto travelled well enough but flattered out so not totally sure the trip that day was ideal and in that sense the drop back in trip may well help despite earlier runs suggesting that perhaps that was not required though. 2.20 Minella Tipperary Ok hurdler and although early days over fences, the second start is the interesting one, impressive that day at the venue beating a fairly useful and relatively unexposed Marcus. Unseated lto but if it can have a clear round today it should be up there. 2.50 Mark the Book Really looking forward to this one's chasing debut and I gave it serious thought for the TTTF and it could well be a future star for Hobbs. Ran second on hurdle debut but then put up two very impressive wins before blowing out having travelled at short odds on its start. Possibly it was just put out too soon that time having won earlier in the month. Taking a chance on ho wit will jump but Hobbs' are not normally sloppy and trip no real problem. Speculating but if all goes well it could be a real contender for Cheltenham in maybe the RSA 33/1, not sure they will go Arkle. 3.20 Helen Wood Again for the Pipe team who remain in form. Ran a very decent chase debut when second to Benetwood who also looks progressive like this one and gets valuable weight here so might just be hard to beat against more experienced rivals. Lud 1.10 Kedgeree e.w The trainer has a notably good record round here and if available, an e.w shout here. Has not won yet but placed before on several occasions and was third lto with some decent late headway on chase debut and if you more of a chance to win here, could not b eruled out. 2.10 Brousse En Feux Put it up lto and won and bids for a quick hat trick today. The ridder has changed but looks to have a sure fire chance again despite penalty as the form of the stable and this horse continues and very good value for victory lto as it was eased down.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Ante Post Royal and Sun Alliance Chase Mark the Book @ 33/1Really looking forward to this one's chasing debut and I gave it serious thought for the TTTF and it could well be a future star for Hobbs. Ran second on hurdle debut but then put up two very impressive wins before blowing out having travelled at short odds on its start. Possibly it was just put out too soon that time having won earlier in the month. Taking a chance on ho wit will jump but Hobbs' are not normally sloppy and trip no real problem. Speculating but if all goes well it could be a real contender for Cheltenham in maybe the RSA 33/1, not sure they will go Arkle. So will have 7.5 pts e.w @ 33/1 ahead of its start today, a gamble but worth it for a smallish stake at those odds.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Asc 1.05 King Louis 11/2 7.5 pts e.w Has shown hints of promise over fences but yet to win a race despite being placed on a few occasions. Appeared to like it softer but has raced ok races on quicker ground. Place claims at least. 1.40 Sir Harry Ormesher 14/1 5 pts e.w Others perhaps more fancied but this was one who had decent bumper form up a very nice win lto on its hurdling bow and the form of that race working out. 3 midfield runners that day have produced 2 wins and a second on their next start. Possibly would not want it too quick. 2.15 Hobbs Hill 1/2 15 pts win Skinny but has shown why. Following from that Hexham win on chasing debut it has won twice more including beating a good field lto at Sandown. Maybe might want further in time but very obvious claims, especially as I feel the main rival (Queens horse) may want it softer and slightly further. 3.25 Keep it Secret 12/1 5 pts e.w The stable are under a cloud and only recently have had runners again but this one has at least got the quicker ground it needs to perform and at a reasonable place it has e.w claims on bits and pieces of its form. AP on board and a good run I would say is crucial for the chances of BJK and ED in the next few days. Uttox 1.55 Oceanos des Obeaux SP 15 pts win. Goes chasing today and hence a bit of a risk but if transforming hurdle form then could make a useful chaser as it was not disgraced at the level. Trip a slight question for me as its hurdle form suggested eventually when I could work it out that it wanted further.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Inspections to pass but put up some prices now and some before I watch us go 1 goal up and not go onto win tomorrow (might draw though): Asc 12.30 Fundamentalist 15 pts win Talented but generally has disappointed since festival win years ago over hurdles. However lto it looked good for a long way at Cheltenham race in a respectable race and had many of them beaten before unfortunate blunder that ruined chance that day. NTD normally slumps in form by now but his still are running pretty decently and on talent this one is more than capable of winning this. 1.40 Kasbah Bliss 7/1 7.5 pts e.w I think the key here is that the ground should be quicker. Despite pieces of form on 'softer' the general consensus is that quicker ground is better for this talented horse especially if it wants to properly get the trip which in the past it perhaps has not such as lto when it was too soft. On quicker ground this one is a definite e.w palyer at RPF 13/2 or 7/1. Hardy Eustace respected hugely but still a question mark over the trip although if it was to get it it should be today. BJK lots of question marks (bridle horse, trip, stable form) and others might not quite have the class of this French one who in this ground has to warrent huge respect. 2.10 Altilhar 11/1 7.5 pts e.w Moore definitely one to follow in these races and this one looks first choice with the under rated Jamie Moore on board. Quick ground not a problem, often gives his running and that has produced good pieces of form behind likes of Gaspara and Premier Dane 33/1 7.5 pts e.w Big weight and vulnerable to others but place claims at a price for sure. Loves quick ground, in and out at times but good pieces of form at times behind Detroit City and in the County hurdle at the festival. Should be staying on at the end. Hay 12.20 Naiad du Misselot 7.5 pts e.w A bit more of a risk with an unknown quantity to some degree but might go off at a price for place claims. Out of the handicap but claimer takes some off. Started fav lto when blowing out but if that was a one off blow out, previous form not terrible over hurdles. The victory over the Howard Johnson horse is not too bad form even if that one is better over fences. Maybe wants it softer but going should be gd to soft so not far too fast. 2.35 Cloudy Lane 7.5 pts e.w or 15 pts win (price) Festival winner last year and despite winning margin being eroded at the line then, probably value for more than that. Showed stamina a plenty that day and despite misfortune at Ireland GN there was a lot to like about re appearance lto when just faded in bog like conditions. Might just have a touch more improvement still there. Newc 12.10 Weather Front 7.5 pts e.w Heavily backed on debut when third behind rivals today but justified a bit of that support when winning lto and despite penalty which remains despite claim, a decent e.w alternative and might just be able to reverse earlier places despite weight. 1.50 All for the Cause 7.5 pts e.w Has to give weight to most of the field against likely progressive improvers but has the form in the book, likes good ground and still open to lots of improvement. That last win over Berwick Law might be very decent form as Berwick Law looks a horse open open to a lot of improvement after its first hurdle run. If e.w available could be a steal.

Re: WoodyTHFC Jumps 2007/2008 Post more prices before I leave tomorrow for Spurs, loads today (hence shorter reasons), might not be pretty by the end but at least it has been boosted of late: Hunt 12.55 Barton Legend 5 pts e.w The Dr trainer has done so well with re building horses careers whos form has gone downhill. This one beat a horse called Im a Legend lto showing battling qualities to hold it off and capable of going in again, take e.w if available. 2.00 Dune Raider 5 pts e.w Trainer again who does very well with his small string and vastly improving horses form who looked well out of form with other trainers. Judging by decent success lto with this one he might have done it again, if e.w take. 2.40 Thievery 5 pts e.w Likes this track and won relatively cosily when I put up lto. Right at bottom of weights and gets a claimer on as well. Could just be one improving that is ahead of the handicapper and if available should be a good e.w bet at least. Kemp 1.55 Harchibald 15 pts win Many will know my thoughts on the CH. In summary, I think it was a weak race in the end last year and with many hopefuls blotting their copybook so far this year, it looks even weaker this year. I took the view that Macs Joy if re creating old form would be in with a great chance, sadly no longer with us but another older horse who has a stand out chance on old form is this one. A bridle horse maybe but a very good bridle horse and too good for these imo on the bridle. Lto impressive at Newcastle and with ease against possibly better performers than these. Struggling to see one of these to get it off the bridle in this race and even though Harchibald is normally not one to take a short price about, I will today. 2.30 Kauto Star 5/6 20 pts win Continues to answer questions put at him and I think might go off shorter. I was worried at Aintree when it was sluggish but it was impressive lto, margin of victory shorter but I always felt it was holding ED and just doing enough. Plus in front far too long that day which probably did not help. Looking at lack of obvious front runner that could happen again (suddenly in front 4 out or something) but on a flat track like Kempton, that should suit more as it plays into its natural speed which is a clear advantage over other rivals. I was worried it had lost some of his speed on its Aintree run but further evidence suggests that it was just not match sharp on its first start as the real reason. Good enough right handed, 1 KG, 2 TC whereas others might not be except for Racing Demon. KS has areas where it can be evaluated further but so do others. ED has limited form right handed, poor stable form and I am not certain Kempton's tightish nature suits that much, jumping question marks for sure at this track. Also it has had chances before against KS and not been good enough. MWDS something to prove after lto even if it was not 'ready,' would not rule it out though. Our Vic not one to rely on. Racing Demon likes going right handed but again can be a bit of an enigma and has not yet achieved at the highest level as perhaps thought of at once. Taranis interests a bit as it has enough pace at shorter distances yet looks to be wanting further more and more. Not proved at top class but seems to have got better and better and no question marks over this ones attitude. However they may all be playing for second imo. 3.05 Benetwood 10 pts win Put up lto when holding off Helen Wood who has boosted the form, at skinny odds. Lots of scope as a chaser in this one who ran a good race first time up as that form is pretty solid for Modicum and the H Johnson horse and can go close for the champ. Leop 1.20 Temlett 15 pts win Top race here. Lots of unknowns in the form book but this one warrents lots of respect here and for TH next year perhaps, good on flat with eye on hurdle campaign, encouraging debut, 3 but given really easy time and well capable of improving on that and turning form around. Should like better ground. 2.25 Perce Rock 15 pts win 4 runner event and none can be ruled out but this one might like the trip the most of all of them. Good win on chase debut and others I believe will want further, Scotsirish would be my fancy if over further, RSA contender that one potentially. Lim 1.10 Cooldine 10 pts win Put up lto when third on debut, should come on for that a lot, form boosted by second winning next time, extra distance will help a lot. 1.40 Lounaos 10 pts win Triumph hurdle fav last year, disappointed there and after but on form before that in events such as Irish CH when getting weight from Hardy Eustace when fourth it is in with an obvious chance here. 2.15 Finger on the Pulse 5 pts e.w Good hurdler, not done it as a chaser but e.w price possibly here and if it stays up on its hurdle form alone worth another try. Sedge 2.10 Ryminster 5 pts e.w Big weight but run well here before and consistently well, gritty stayer and claimer takes off which could prove very handy. If available a good e.w chance at least. Tow 12.50 The Package 10 pts win May need more than 2m but Towc changes all that. Progressive, promising very impressive lto at Newbury and showed enough speed that day too. Trainer in top form. 1.55 Seven is Lucky 10 pts win Again trainer form a big plus. In many ways a dark horse, unexposed, should come on a lot for last run. If liking the track, big chance. Weth 1.35 Silver Knight 5 pts e.w Big price, small field, poor recent form but often needs a few runs to click into gear, great course record and others in field with odd question to answer. Win 2.15 Coach Lane 10 pts win The key here is the trip. More than 2m has seen this one out so a drop back to 2m should help recapture last years form. Brave Villa 5 pts e.w Brave by name and nature. In and out at times this year but won lto and cant be ruled out at all with its attitude. 2.45 Pimbury 5pts e.w Here the increased trip is beneficial. Decent recent runs, often staying on, increased should help.