** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Morris

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) UEFA Champions League Soccer - Arsenal/FC Sevilla - total Over 2½ (+101) for the regulation time held on Sep 19 at 1:45pm [pending] Arsenal have 3 goals in eah of their last three games, Sevilla have four-plus goals in four of the last five (one in CL, one a domestic Cup match against Real). Obviously, both teams have a lot in the attacking department. Now, it's CL, so we don't get too excited about that, since teams sometimes play not to lose, and both teams can defend as well...but I'll take my shot here at evens since they'll take their shots too...whether the shots go in is another story.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Hi all This is my first post, tho I been hereabouts for a while. I would like to give a bit 'illustrative' (its a bit boring reading stats and theoretical talks all the time..) breakdown of what i think might happen later on 8 CL games. Pls note, these are just my elementary 'guesses' at best, do take some of them with salt and i personally wont go with each and every one of them. Of course, these are based on the idealistic world, where theres no such things as sudden red cards, leading to penalties or gashing injuries or madman striking or goalkeeping form blossoming overnight. (Then again, this IS Football isnt it, who knows i might lucky one day..*Wink*) Cheers and enjoy the games! The number of Stars* denotes the confidence, the lesser the more likely the elements of uncertainty is likely to influence the game, ie mentality of players over 90min, the climate, the fans, the referees, the mood of the Coach (ha! good one) ***** Barca-Lyon 1. Barc to win 2. Barc to start the first half strongly with a lead to demonstrate their clout and determination in international competitions, hence HF/FT could look like Bar/Bar (possible: 1-0, 2-0, 2-1) 3. Both are good at attacking football, Bar to get least 2, Lyon should have 1 good shot, so TG >2.5 4. Final Scoreline could something like: 2-0, 3-1, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2 ***** Roma-DyKiv 1. Roma to win, again their class is stamped over their involvement in international competitions 2. To make sure they mean business and could strut their stuff, they would start as strongly as they could, so HF/FT its Roma/Roma, likely 1-0 3. However DyKiv are no pushovers, they would try to hold the fort as long as they could against onslaught, however neither could they find a strong scoring oppt themselves against such class so, TG 2.5, very possible 4. FT: 0-2, 0-3, 1-3, 1-4 **** Ars-Sev 1. Ars is playing very cautiously without Henry for the first time on the international scene, they dont want to slip up looking they made a mistake selling him away. They would hold fort and go for the jugular as soon as the oppt presents itself and with Wenger determination, can they hold fort.(He dont want another Chelsea or Liverpool fiasco tonight, i get the feel Sev might have came for nothing except for a very grit teeth handshake) 2. Draw/Ars, as above 3. TG

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Hi all This is my first post, tho I been hereabouts for a while. I would like to give a bit 'illustrative' (its a bit boring reading stats and theoretical talks all the time..) breakdown of what i think might happen later on 8 CL games. Pls note, these are just my elementary 'guesses' at best, do take some of them with salt and i personally wont go with each and every one of them. Of course, these are based on the idealistic world, where theres no such things as sudden red cards, leading to penalties or gashing injuries or madman striking or goalkeeping form blossoming overnight. (Then again, this IS Football isnt it, who knows i might lucky one day..*Wink*) Cheers and enjoy the games! The number of Stars* denotes the confidence, the lesser the more likely the elements of uncertainty is likely to influence the game, ie mentality of players over 90min, the climate, the fans, the referees, the mood of the Coach (ha! good one) ***** Barca-Lyon 1. Barc to win 2. Barc to start the first half strongly with a lead to demonstrate their clout and determination in international competitions, hence HF/FT could look like Bar/Bar (possible: 1-0, 2-0, 2-1) 3. Both are good at attacking football, Bar to get least 2, Lyon should have 1 good shot, so TG >2.5 4. Final Scoreline could something like: 2-0, 3-1, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2 ***** Roma-DyKiv 1. Roma to win, again their class is stamped over their involvement in international competitions 2. To make sure they mean business and could strut their stuff, they would start as strongly as they could, so HF/FT its Roma/Roma, likely 1-0 3. However DyKiv are no pushovers, they would try to hold the fort as long as they could against onslaught, however neither could they find a strong scoring oppt themselves against such class so, TG 2.5, very possible 4. FT: 0-2, 0-3, 1-3, 1-4 **** Ars-Sev 1. Ars is playing very cautiously without Henry for the first time on the international scene, they dont want to slip up looking they made a mistake selling him away. They would hold fort and go for the jugular as soon as the oppt presents itself and with Wenger determination, can they hold fort.(He dont want another Chelsea or Liverpool fiasco tonight, i get the feel Sev might have came for nothing except for a very grit teeth handshake) 2. Draw/Ars, as above 3. TG :welcome mate and very nice 1st post.

I take two games from CL today. Glasgow - Stuttgart I said it. Glasgow with some troubles in league and Stuttgart as german champion with a solid away performance. The scotish playmaker Ferguson isn´t fit all 100 percent and that could be the point. He´s the brain of the Rangers. Eindhoven - Moscow Einhoven with a excellent league start and with one of the best european strikers in their rows. Roy Makaay transfered from Bayern munich to the dutch club in the offseason and made 4 goals in the first round of Ehrendivision in the Netherlands. Eindhoven at home is value imo.
LATEST NEWS!!! Roy Makaay transfered from Feyenoord to PSV!!Yes Chiqo wrote it!! :loon:loon:loon Oh my dear dear God... People like you shouldnt be allowed to write in this forum.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Well for me Barca isnt so big favorite for this match.I could agree that Lion isnt so good like last couple of years but thay still winning at ligue 1,and probably wil won 7 title in a row,cause i dont see any other so good team in ligue 1.Whatever,barca play very bad at the moment,look at the results16/09 A Osasuna 0-0 02/09 H Athletic Bilbao 3-1 26/08 A Racing Santander 0-0 ,only one win in primera,thats shame for club who has such reputation and probably best squad and best player(ronaldinho)at whole world.Henry dont play well at the moment and he will never be so good at Barca like he was at Arsenal. Probable Starting XI: Valdés, Zambrotta, Abidal, G. Milito, Thuram, Touré, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi. Out:Edmilson,Eto'o,Puyol Without Puyol barca could have at least one goal at his net. On the other side Lyonnais recent for is good: 15/09 A Metz 5-1 01/09 H Le Mans 3-2 29/08 A Sochaux 2-1 Probably Starting XI: Vercoutre, Grosso, Squillaci, Cléber, Clerc, Toulalan, Källström, Bodmer, Juninho, Govou, Benzema.Ben arfa is also able for game Out:Coupet,Cris,Fred Yes,meny players are sold,important players are out,but this squad is still strong enough to have good resultas and take promotion to second round(from group stage).Juninho is there,some free-kick at early stage and game could go at oter way.Benzeme is on top-form,with 8 goals he is top-scorer at france.So lyon isnt so weak and fro me odds are unreal.Odds about 1.7 or 1.8 will be exceptable but only poor 1.4 thats shame,simply barca is overrated in this game!Lyon is still strong squad! My pick over 2.5 7/10 Lay Barca 4/10 Lion to score 7/10 odds are from my local,so isnt important,u can find varius odds at bookmakers.

LATEST NEWS!!! Roy Makaay transfered from Feyenoord to PSV!!Yes Chiqo wrote it!! :loon:loon:loon Oh my dear dear God... People like you shouldnt be allowed to write in this forum.
sry my mistake. But take it easy mate - you don´t have to decide who can write and who not. Post more and quality stuff and you are allowed to say something like that!!Otherwise be quite lurker ... ;)

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Dont have time for full preview,only predictions: Arsenal-Sevilla- over 2.5,two teams in great form and probably best spanish and english team at the moment.I expect lots of goals some score like 2-2. Sporting Lisbon-Manchester utd.-under 2.5 sporting bought some serbian players(purovic and stojkovic)and djalo but thay couldnt so strenght squad,manchester many missings,so one boring game(0-0,or 0-1). Roma - inamo Kiev - 1-1(ht/ft)surest pick today,roma plays great football right now,best in italie for sure and maybe this will be his season,squad is almost full so big won,margin for roma(3-0,4-0). Other games i wouldnt touch,also expect high scoring game at istanbul cause for internazionale 7 players are out,but fener is in very bad form,but they will score for sure,in turkey people expect a lot from this game.

PSV-CSKA 1. Lay PSV, theres is no way PSV would win this one, CSKA are a tat hardcore for them..they want something for making this trip 2. ?HT/FT, again fortune on the fortunate or the Hardcore, its either Draw/Draw, Draw/CSKA, or more way more outright CSKA/CSKA 3. TG have a break, psv always good team in CL, espacially at home..CSKA hardcore?? hahaha, in competition 5th place, away record: 1-7-3 11-16, psv today almost full squad, only without Bakkal and maybe Farfan but who gives a shit, koevermans - lazovic also good enough for me, psv goes for win and i think it will be that way PSV WINS 6/10

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) None of the seeded clubs won the AH yesterday so ill be weary of taking Roma and Barca but it will be incredible if either fail to win at home like Chelsea. For me Sevilla at the mo is one of the best teams in the world, i was blown away by them in the Copa del rey and their feel of the game combining technical ability's with tactical discipline. In fact its been a long time before i felt this way about any match, unforgettable! Guess you see where im going here.. imo Sevilla will try their best not to concede and sting if possible.. Id go for unders here and CS 1-1 or 0-1 for Sevilla. Ill back Inter aw, Rangers 2-0 or 2-1, P.S.V 2-0 or 1-1.. BOL to all and better for than yesterday :hope

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Here's my analysis and bets for today's games: Barcelona-Lyon

Barcelona started the season "in the wrong foot" and coach Frank Rijakaard has been told by club president Laporta that his job is on the line if results do not improve within the next few weeks.

That of course includes tonight's match.

Lyon is a very experienced side with very impressive apperances in the Chamipons League in the last 4 or 5 years.

They also didn't start the season very well but improved lately with 4 consecutive wins.

I think tonight will either see a nice Barcelona win or that Lyon will come up with an unexpected upset.

I'll put my money in the 1st option as Barcelona sure has the talent (Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco, Henry, Eto'o, etc...) in their team to crush any opponent at home.

My pick: Barcelona -1 AH (Asian Handicap) Glasgow Rangers-Stuttgart

There are a few injuries to both sides.

In my opinion Stuttgart are a better side than Rangers but they did not start the season very well including 2 away defeats in the Bundesliga.

I'll risk my 1st draw pick here tonight.

Rangers are not particulary impressive in the European Competitions even at home and I think the Germans will be more than happy to get away with a draw tonight.

My pick: draw

Fenerbahce-Inter Milan

Turkish teams are usually hard to beat at home where they enjoy a great atmosphere with their supporters and Fenerbahce coach (former Brazilian Glory Zico) will count on his fellow countryman Roberto Carlos to try to surprise the Italians tonight.

Inter will be with a depleted team at the back has they have Matterazi, Chivu and Vieira injured and Maicon, Burdisso and Cordoba suspended.

We all know they (Inter) still have the fire power it takes upfront but there are far too many important defensive players out for tonight so I think we might see them playing for the tie which would not be a bad result for them considering the circunstances.

My pick: Fenerbahce +0.5 AH

PSV-CSKA

Both experienced teams in European Competitions.

PSV is tough to beat, specially at home, but I've seen what CSKA does when playing away over and over again and I'm convincied they'll try to pull the same tonight: play tight at the back aiming at the draw and try fast counter attacks with Brazilian Internationals Daniel carvalho (playmaker) and Wagner Love (striker) when possible.

The thing is that Daniel Carvalho is out tonight through injury and I see them having a harder time creating opportunities, so they'll sit at the back and wait for time to go by...

PSV is coached by former Dutch glory Ronald Koeman and I know his coaching style very well as he coached Benfica 2 seasons ago.

He will not take many risks and will look for the 1-0 victory.

PSV has 3 "unders" and a 3-1-0 in their last 4 games while CSKA has a 3-5-2 record in their last 10 games.

I'll risk another draw pick here as well as a bet on the "under".

My picks: draw and

Arsenal-Sevilla

Arsenal is in great form at the moment (and "momentum" is always an important factor) with 3 home wins in the EPL so far this season but they will be without Lehmann, Gallas and Eboue tonight and the European Competitions are a different thing.

On the other hand, we have Sevilla which is a great team (results speak for themselves, they've won 5 trophies in the last 2 seasons including 2 UEFA Cups).

Sevilla is looking at setting themselves up to the next level and to do something interesting in this years Champions League.

I think Sevilla will be happy with a draw tonight but they will try to win and have the talent to do it.

Should be an interesting game.

My pick: Sevilla +0.5 AH

Slavia-Steaua B.

Slavia beat Ajax (Holland) recently in the qualifying round (beating them at home 2-1) and I guess that speaks a bit for itself.

They also have a 5-1-0 record in their last 6 games while Steaua has a 2-3-1 record.

I'm taking the home win here.

My pick: home win

Roma-D. Kiev

In my opinion the odd is too low for a Roma bet.

Roma has a very nice team (they had it last year and added players like Brazilian International Cicinho to it), very hard to beat in Rome but Kiev has a 6-0-0 record in their last 6 and the only time these teams met was in 2004 with Kiev winning 0-3 away in Rome...

I'll pass this one...

Sporting-M. United

It will be a "welcome home" for Carlos Queiroz (coach), Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani as they've all been at Sporting before.

We all know Man. United so no need for a very deep analysis.

We also know that they haven't started the season in the best of forms and seem to be struggling to create chances and score goals.

Sporting has been playing well under young coach Paulo Bento ever since he took over almost 2 years ago.

They are a young team (lots of youth in their squad) but with a lot of quality (Polga, Liedson, Moutinho and Miguel Veloso) and they have a solid style of play. They do play "as a team" with all the sectors close to each other and it is hard to score against them.

Sporting has 5 unders in their last 6 while MU has 6 unders in their last 6.

I must say I'll be very surprised if I miss my "under" bet here tonight (but, of course, in sports "your never know"...).

Also, Sporting has never lost at home against English clubs in the past (4 victories and 3 draws) and in European Competitions.

I'll also risk another draw here.

My picks: draw and Good luck!

None of the seeded clubs won the AH yesterday so ill be weary of taking Roma and Barca but it will be incredible if either fail to win at home like Chelsea. For me Sevilla at the mo is one of the best teams in the world, i was blown away by them in the Copa del rey and their feel of the game combining technical ability's with tactical discipline. In fact its been a long time before i felt this way about any match, unforgettable! Guess you see where im going here.. imo Sevilla will try their best not to concede and sting if possible.. Id go for unders here and CS 1-1 or 0-1 for Sevilla. Ill back Inter aw, Rangers 2-0 or 2-1, P.S.V 2-0 or 1-1.. BOL to all and better for than yesterday :hope
Good post Monty Hall. Actually, that's ("None of the seeded clubs won the AH yesterday") one of the reasons why most people (97 to 98%) loose money in the long run and you don't see the Bookies going out of business...people just love to bet favourites and overs ("it's human nature at work"), the bookies know that and turn it into their own advantage. Cheers and good luck for tonight.

Roma-D. Kiev

Roma has a very nice team (they had it last year and added players like Brazilian International Cicinho to it), very hard to beat in Rome but Kiev has a 6-0-0 record in their last 6 and the only time these teams met was in 2004 with Kiev winning 0-3 away in Rome...

I'll pass this one...

If I am not mistaken, the result was 0-3 by decision of the UEFA to give by lost the match to Roma by the launching of objects on the arbitrate (Swedish I believe.) of the match, therefore I do not see logical to base the today match on that result. Greetings!

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) :eekCLROUND01 07.09.19 I am very bad in English so i can not express myself very clear so i have to use different words so my analyse may sound weird First we must ask; which games must we avoid? In my opinion -> teams we have little knowlegde about (in Europe) Praha,Steaua,Rangers,Stuttgart. It is interesting to see the odds fluctuating..... Roma seems very hot even tho they have shown very little to Europe....For me it is a team very weak, considering they dont have the quality as milan. What is interesting is that Kyiv is unbeaten 7 matches. The team morale is high.Roma is the same story, this season they have the 100% record indeed. I dont understand those odds. We have seen rosenborg yesterday, we forgot now ? For me the odds for Roma should be as high as 1.8.....However, its very tempting taking Dynamo Kyiv @ 12..... Thus I put lay on Roma @ 1.4 at those ridiculous odds Next game is Sporting - Manchester..... I dont want to be the smartass but how can you be confident in Manchester? They're probably one of the worst clubs in Europe when it comes to playing on the road........let me express myself better: I suggest taking SPorting to win @ 3.95 ..... Or Draw @ 3.3..... Barcelona - Lyon......... there is only one outcome that is Spanish victory.... I hear you guys saying Barcelona is totally crap at the moment, how you compare Spanish - French soccer? We're talking about Barcelona. My most confident bet is Barcelona @ 1.60and for those with balls can take the handicap! Next game which is stunning: ARSENAL-SEVILLA: 4.1 for Sevilla? crazy :eek:eek Sevilla have 50/50 chance of winning this game, and for me it wouldnt be a surprise if they win this game. Arsenal isn't what they used to be, tonight we see. ----- Not playing games 10* Bet: Barcelona @1.6 8* Bet: Sporting @ 3.95 8* Bet: Sevilla @ 4.1 5* Bet: Lay Roma @ 1.4 ------------------------------- ((1*=weak confident 10*=best bet))

Roma-D. Kiev

I'll pass this one...

where did you get that info??? the match youre talking about was decided behind green table as porn star Frisk got a coin in his pretty head. game was later registered with 3-0 for Dinamo. Also Romas 2004/05 season was one of the worst of them all - they were only 3 points above relegation and in a coach changing mess..Voeller, Del Neri, Conti....imo two goal win for Roma is very probable today.

If I am not mistaken, the result was 0-3 by decision of the UEFA to give by lost the match to Roma by the launching of objects on the arbitrate (Swedish I believe.) of the match, therefore I do not see logical to base the today match on that result. Greetings!
where did you get that info??? the match youre talking about was decided behind green table as porn star Frisk got a coin in his pretty head. game was later registered with 3-0 for Dinamo. Also Romas 2004/05 season was one of the worst of them all - they were only 3 points above relegation and in a coach changing mess..Voeller, Del Neri, Conti....imo two goal win for Roma is very probable today.
Djalmha, expert, When I looked at the previous history/stats that's what came up....that might have been the case (I remember that referee incident but I don't recall which year it was)... ...still and regardless of that, I think the odd is far too low for a Roma bet (I rarely bet odds that low). Good luck for your picks tonight.

:eekCLROUND01 07.09.19 I am very bad in English so i can not express myself very clear so i have to use different words so my analyse may sound weird First we must ask; which games must we avoid? In my opinion -> teams we have little knowlegde about (in Europe) Praha,Steaua,Rangers,Stuttgart. It is interesting to see the odds fluctuating..... Roma seems very hot even tho they have shown very little to Europe....For me it is a team very weak, considering they dont have the quality as milan. What is interesting is that Kyiv is unbeaten 7 matches. The team morale is high.Roma is the same story, this season they have the 100% record indeed. I dont understand those odds. We have seen rosenborg yesterday, we forgot now ? For me the odds for Roma should be as high as 1.8.....However, its very tempting taking Dynamo Kyiv @ 12..... Thus I put lay on Roma @ 1.4 at those ridiculous odds Next game is Sporting - Manchester..... I dont want to be the smartass but how can you be confident in Manchester? They're probably one of the worst clubs in Europe when it comes to playing on the road........let me express myself better: I suggest taking SPorting to win @ 3.95 ..... Or Draw @ 3.3..... Barcelona - Lyon......... there is only one outcome that is Spanish victory.... I hear you guys saying Barcelona is totally crap at the moment, how you compare Spanish - French soccer? We're talking about Barcelona. My most confident bet is Barcelona @ 1.60and for those with balls can take the handicap! Next game which is stunning: ARSENAL-SEVILLA: 4.1 for Sevilla? crazy :eek:eek Sevilla have 50/50 chance of winning this game, and for me it wouldnt be a surprise if they win this game. Arsenal isn't what they used to be, tonight we see. ----- Not playing games 10* Bet: Barcelona @1.6 8* Bet: Sporting @ 3.95 8* Bet: Sevilla @ 4.1 5* Bet: Lay Roma @ 1.4 ------------------------------- ((1*=weak confident 10*=best bet))
For someone who's "not_playing_games" you've got some wild picks in there :D. I'm with you on the Barça game and even took the -1 AH. Good luck for tonight's games.

Djalmha, expert, When I looked at the previous history/stats that's what came up....that might have been the case (I remember that referee incident but I don't recall which year it was)... ...still and regardless of that, I think the odd is far too low for a Roma bet (I rarely bet odds that low). Good luck for your picks tonight.
ok no probs...agree that odds are crap

:eekCLROUND01 07.09.19 I am very bad in English so i can not express myself very clear so i have to use different words so my analyse may sound weird First we must ask; which games must we avoid? In my opinion -> teams we have little knowlegde about (in Europe) Praha,Steaua,Rangers,Stuttgart. It is interesting to see the odds fluctuating..... Roma seems very hot even tho they have shown very little to Europe....For me it is a team very weak, considering they dont have the quality as milan. What is interesting is that Kyiv is unbeaten 7 matches. The team morale is high.Roma is the same story, this season they have the 100% record indeed. I dont understand those odds. We have seen rosenborg yesterday, we forgot now ? For me the odds for Roma should be as high as 1.8.....However, its very tempting taking Dynamo Kyiv @ 12..... Thus I put lay on Roma @ 1.4 at those ridiculous odds Next game is Sporting - Manchester..... I dont want to be the smartass but how can you be confident in Manchester? They're probably one of the worst clubs in Europe when it comes to playing on the road........let me express myself better: I suggest taking SPorting to win @ 3.95 ..... Or Draw @ 3.3..... Barcelona - Lyon......... there is only one outcome that is Spanish victory.... I hear you guys saying Barcelona is totally crap at the moment, how you compare Spanish - French soccer? We're talking about Barcelona. My most confident bet is Barcelona @ 1.60and for those with balls can take the handicap! Next game which is stunning: ARSENAL-SEVILLA: 4.1 for Sevilla? crazy :eek:eek Sevilla have 50/50 chance of winning this game, and for me it wouldnt be a surprise if they win this game. Arsenal isn't what they used to be, tonight we see. ----- Not playing games 10* Bet: Barcelona @1.6 8* Bet: Sporting @ 3.95 8* Bet: Sevilla @ 4.1 5* Bet: Lay Roma @ 1.4 ------------------------------- ((1*=weak confident 10*=best bet))
I agree with the value on Sevilla...I won't be taking it but those are two good teams, anything can happen. I think we should always keep in mind that the odds of every bet are 50-50. Look at Chelsea's 25 shots yesterday (or whatever it ended up being) and a 1-1 result, which you could have gotten at 5.5 to 1. With a team of Sevilla's quality, the only way you get odds like that is that people overestimate the home team and underestimate the away team.

ok no probs...agree that odds are crap
Expert, The odds are crap like you say. The thing is that anyone can have a bad day and at 1.35 it takes a high investment for you to get a decent return (if you miss "there goes your money"...)...look at Chelsea yesterday, which also looked like a sure thing. I Still think Roma is the clear favourite, of course, but I pass... Cheers.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) hello! Discovered this forum last night and now its time for my first post... tonight i was be focusing my attention on games which will be over 2.5 goals. Roma kiev- stonewaller if you ask me, roma are firing on all fronts at the moment, 3 wins first 3 games, 2-0 3-0 2-0 however the 2 games by the score of 2-0 were away from hme. In a packed out olimpico totti and co will be deperate to win and win well after there humilation in the quarter final second leg against Man utd last year. 8/11 Fener inter- i pick this game not because i believe as in the roma game one team will dominate but because i believe the weaker team (fener) will score at least 1 goal- they have a good attack- kezmen, appiah and inter are very low on fit centre backs at the moment- no chivu, matarazzi, cordobe etc, however i believe up front they will be just to srong for fener and grab a couple goals for themselves. 10/11 Barca Lyon- simple- 2 teams who love to attack- forget barcas poor form in the league so far they willl be up for this they will most likely win but again i believe the weaker team (Lyon) will score. 10/11 Ars Sev- same reason as above but i do believe neither team can be argued to be stonger/weaker but one thing... i know we'll see goals, 2-1 either way. 5/6 Im playing 12.50 trebles with hills at same odds as above- total cost 50. fingers crossed

With a team of Sevilla's quality' date=' the only way you get odds like that is that people overestimate the home team and underestimate the away team.[/quote'] That's a good point you got there allthethings. It happens mainly because the bookies aim at "balancing" the wagers on both sides (the best way for them to ensure their return at the end of the day). For these odds to be available on Sevilla it surely means that they had a lot of action from people betting on Arsenal to win and they're trying to "balance" it by making it interesting to bet on Sevilla. Arsenal might be a slight favourite for tonight as they're playing at home but I agree that the odds are high on Sevilla to win when compared to the chances they have of that happening. Cheers.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Hello everyone, tonight i stole my wifes tarot cards to predict the outcome of tonights champions league matches, as i am only a amature psychic (very amature) i would take thes predictions with a pinch of salt. i just thought it would be a bit different from the usuall stats etc way of predicting an outcome. Here goes.... BARCA V LYON HOME WIN RANGERS V STUTGART HOME WIN ROMA V DINAMO KIEV DRAW SPORTING V MAN U DRAW FERNABA V INTER DRAW PSV V CSKA (HOME WIN OR DRAW, THE CARDS WERE NOT VERY PRECISE FOR THIS ONE):wall ARSENAL V SEVILLA DRAW SLAVIA V STEAU DRAW WE WILL SEE HOW THEY GET ON AFTER THE MATCH, BUT OF COURSE I HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE FUTURE.............. WELL APPART FROM THAT PSV ONE??? GL PEEPS:nana:cheers

1Arsenal v Sevilla - Over/Under 1.5 Goals (Backing Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.33)
2Sp Lisbon v Man Utd - Over/Under 3.5 Goals (Backing Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.23)
3Rangers v Stuttgart - Over/Under 3.5 Goals (Backing Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.24)
As a treble for me with Betfair - Odds of 2.02 Reason for those three is that Arsenal have scored in every game this season while Sevilla are also free scoring. Arsenal seem to have a weak backbone and I can easily see this game going O2.5, let alone 1.5. Man U are struggling to score goals in the Premiership at the moment and have in the past struggled to score away from home. I dont think Sporting Lisbon have a lot of what it takes to score against Man U defence. I think probably under 2.5 goals this time is likely but I have safety net of under 3.5 goals. Same with Rangers as I really can't see that being a high scoring game and will likely end 1-0 to either side or a draw. I think Stuttgart are the better side but if they are to win then they definitely wont win by any more than 2-0 or 2-1. That's my thoughts anyhow. As the bet comes in at around evens, I'd say it was worth a go!

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) I have gone mad 10 point treble on Barcelona Roma Sporting under 2.5 10 point 4 fold on above + Rangers under 2.5 10 point 5 fold on above + PSV 10 point 6 fold on above + Arsenal over 2.5 10 point 7 fold on above + Fenerbahce under 2.5

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Adding one: Soccer - Sporting Lisbon - moneyline (+275) for the regulation time held on Sep 19 at 1:45pm [pending] Soccer - Draw (Sporting Lisbon vs Manchester United) - moneyline (+220) for the regulation time held on Sep 19 at 1:45pm [pending] I get a bit more return in the case of a Lisbon win, a bit less with a draw...BOL

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Hi all, I've been visiting this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to join it. Good luck tonight all. ;) As I'm a bit crazy at taking risks sometimes, so what I've picked tonight are... Sporting vs Man U to draw at HT then FT @2.05 & 3.25 ( I think Sir Alex will just hope for a point, Sporting have the home advantage and Utd have problem scoring these days) Barca vs Lyon to draw at HT @ 2.2 ( Barca have been misfiring lately and I hope the score will be 0-0 at half time ) Arsenal vs Sevilla Arsenal/Arsenal or Draw/Arsenal @ 3.2 & 4.2 ( Arsenal are very good at home and I'm not really convinced by Sevilla's away form ) Slavia vs Steaua Slavia win @ 2.1 ( Home advantage ) PSV vs Spartak PSV to win by 2 clear goals @3.15 ( Very strong at home and Spartak are not really convincing away from home ) Wish me luck :D

Hi all, I've been visiting this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to join it. Good luck tonight all. ;) As I'm a bit crazy at taking risks sometimes, so what I've picked tonight are... Sporting vs Man U to draw at HT then FT @2.05 & 3.25 ( I think Sir Alex will just hope for a point, Sporting have the home advantage and Utd have problem scoring these days) Barca vs Lyon to draw at HT @ 2.2 ( Barca have been misfiring lately and I hope the score will be 0-0 at half time ) Arsenal vs Sevilla Arsenal/Arsenal or Draw/Arsenal @ 3.2 & 4.2 ( Arsenal are very good at home and I'm not really convinced by Sevilla's away form ) Slavia vs Steaua Slavia win @ 2.1 ( Home advantage ) PSV vs Spartak PSV to win by 2 clear goals @3.15 ( Very strong at home and Spartak are not really convincing away from home ) Wish me luck :D
:welcome and best of luck, all sound like they have good chance to happen!

Hi all, I've been visiting this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to join it. Good luck tonight all. ;) As I'm a bit crazy at taking risks sometimes, so what I've picked tonight are... Sporting vs Man U to draw at HT then FT @2.05 & 3.25 ( I think Sir Alex will just hope for a point, Sporting have the home advantage and Utd have problem scoring these days) Barca vs Lyon to draw at HT @ 2.2 ( Barca have been misfiring lately and I hope the score will be 0-0 at half time ) Arsenal vs Sevilla Arsenal/Arsenal or Draw/Arsenal @ 3.2 & 4.2 ( Arsenal are very good at home and I'm not really convinced by Sevilla's away form ) Slavia vs Steaua Slavia win @ 2.1 ( Home advantage ) PSV vs Spartak PSV to win by 2 clear goals @3.15 ( Very strong at home and Spartak are not really convincing away from home ) Wish me luck :D
:welcome mate and the very best of luck. :ok