** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Morris

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) I have always thought Pennant was a useless player and should not be a Liverpool player, tonite he has not only proved my point that he is useless but he is as thick as a plank of timber too! Awful sending off and he did nothing for the entire match. Went down every single time that he got the merest of touches.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Pennant out for Pool and it was more than sure that he doesn´t finish the match with the kind of play he played tonight. Schalke down 1-0 Real 1-1 Bremen Madrid solid with a 2-0 at home Chelsea egalised 1-1 versus Rosenborg Piräus lead in the greek hell 1-0 versus Lazio And Celtic are down as usual on the international stage (2-0) Besiktas/Marseilles 0-0 25 minutes to play :hope

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) chelsea have just let me down on a huge treble with real and ac milan. how they could not beat such a poorly rated side i'll never know. Paul Merson covered it on Sky and was so p***ed off that I reckon he was losing too ! celtic were really poor and liverpool were lacking, even before that idiot got himself sent off. the only thing is the bloke he fouled really milked it which was sad, so loads of boos for him in the return i'd say. madrid were ok, but werder looked like a team that are only short a striker. but overall, just bloody, bloody, chelsea !

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) :welcomeROMA--DINAMO KIEV 1 1.40 no DOUBT ARSENAL - sevilla 1 2.2 This is a really hard game to predict but i'm on the home side because i don't like Sevilla's away play at all...We can look in the previous championship away matches.I'm not impresed of Sevilla's play on the road..It's a strange diference in how they are playing at home and away which i can't explain...In fact i don't bother any more to think what Sevilla can play at London because i don't find the players who can make the diference..don't forget Arsenal it's a home team like Sevilla..so GL LONDON....IN 2.20......ALSO SLAVIA PRAGHA sems to be quite good in 2.3 C DARK SEE U.....

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. Here's my analysis and bets for tomorrow's games: Porto-Liverpool A very tactical game is expected but Porto will be without International Brazilian keeper Helton, their best central defender Pedro Emanuel and the two only strikers they have (Adriano and Hélder Postiga), the only value in the team will be on wonder kid Quaresma and Argentinians Lucho Gonzales and Lizandro Lopez. In professional sports "you never know" but I don't see how they will keep Liverpool from scoring and how they will be able to score. The under could also be an option for this game but the odd is far too low to have value. My pick: Liverpool Pk Marseille-Besiktas No clear edge in my opinion, I pass. Chelsea-Rosenborg I like Chelsea but they are not "a scoring machine" (it's just not their style) and without Drogba and Lampard and do not see how they will score many goals against a physical and defensive Rosenborg side. My pick: Rosenborg +2 AH (Asian Handicap) won Schalke-Valencia Schalke is the home team, usually very secure at the back and in midfield and has 4 draws in their last 5 games. Valencia is a better overall team but still seems to be searching for their best form yet. I see a draw as a very probable result here, so that's what I'll risk. My pick: draw lost Olympiakos-Lazio Greek teams are usually hard to beat at home in European competitions but Olympiakos has only one official game so far this season (0-0 away draw against Panathinaikos) and lost the services of Brazilian star Rivaldo to rivals AEK Athens. I expect them to still be looking for their best form. Lazio has 3 games in the Italian league so far and they're all draws. Again, I see good value in the draw here and that's what I'm taking. My pick: draw won Real Madrid-W. Bremen I was in Madrid, on a business trip, last week and had the chance to speak to a few Real Madrid fans and they are still not 100% convinced about their coach Schuster (they are not sure if he's up to the job)... ...if they're not convinced why should the others, like me, be? Well, since the official season started they've been scoring a lot of goals and have the talent to do it. Bremen, on the other hand, seems like a different club this season with some heavy defeats so far. But "you never know"...we have to keep in mind that they gave Real a very hard time last year and have the talent to turn things around sooner or later. I'm playing it safe here (so I think). My pick: >2,5 goals won AC Milan-Benfica Huummm...the hardest game for me to handicap ;). Milan are the clear favourites here, no doubt about that. They also seem to be "putting their chips" in the Champions League trying to be the 1st club to win it twice in a row (Ancelotti said it today and the fact that he didn't play Kaka over the weekend also proves it). Milan also seems to always start the season in the wrong foot and end it in a good note. On the other hand, Benfica ("my team" by the way) has been playing great football lately and ever since new coach and former Real Madrid (in the 80's) star José António Camacho took over (1 draw in the 1st game plus 3 consecutive victories, including a 0-1 away victory against FC Copenhagen,scoring 7 goals and not allowing a single one). 35 year old "wonder kid" :lol Rui Costa is playing at his best but Benfica will have to do without Brazilian International Luisão (has been out for a month now...) and recently injured Portuguese International midfielder Petit (got a ligament injury last Saturday and his absence is a big blow for tomorrow without a doubt). Hard game for Benfica but if they can survive the 1st 30m they can surelly pull a good result as they have the talent to do it in Rui Costa, Cardozo and Di Maria. My picks: away +1AH push and +1.5 AH won Shaktar Donetsk-Celtic Shaktar is a slight favourite at home and Celtic is aiming at improving their away record in the European competitions (they gave AC Milan a hard time at the end of last season and also just tied in Russia). Shaktar lost Brazilians Elano (to Manchester City) and Matusalem from last year's team but they spent a lot of money and hired Brazilian wonder kid William an Italian striker Lucarelli. It will be interesting to see how the more technical football of Shaktar will handle Celtic's more physical type of play and I think I'll risk a 3rd bet on a draw here (with one correct bet I'll get a small profit, with two draw bets correct I'll make good money, if I hit the three I'll make big bucks). My pick: draw lost Good luck!
The "Liverpool Pk" bet seems to be no longer available at the bookies I use so I decided to take "Liverpool Pk push and -0.5 AH lost". Good luck!
Had a 4-3-2 record today and a small profit but still a profit :ok. Like I always say: this is a marathon not a 100m race. Tomorrow is another day ;). Cheers.

Chelsea vs Rosenborg Pick: Under 3.5 1.56 Betfair Chelsea has one goal last 3 matchs, Lampard and Drogba injured and chelsea has match very very important next weekend (22 september): Manchester United VS Chelsea. I Think that rosenborg not to score.:ok
Won: Chelsea 1 - 1 Rosenborg :nana:nana:nana http://apostasdesportivas.apostaganha.pt/

Sorry to hijack this thread but www.futbol24.com is not online tonight so can anyone provide with an alternative link that gives live scores (fastest and reliable)? Thank you
zerocool, I often use www.livescore.com as I like their screen layout. They're not extremely fast (I've seen them taking 10 minutes to update a goal) but they're OK. Cheers.

Pennant out for Pool and it was more than sure that he doesn´t finish the match with the kind of play he played tonight. Schalke down 1-0 Real 1-1 Bremen Madrid solid with a 2-0 at home MADRID IS 2-1 amigo...never was 2-0:loon Chelsea egalised 1-1 versus Rosenborg Piräus lead in the greek hell 1-0 versus Lazio :loon:loon And Celtic are down as usual on the international stage (2-0) Besiktas/Marseilles 0-0 25 minutes to play :hope
My friend, Olympikaos Piraeus was playing without his crowd due to a ban from uefa for the mess they had done last year with Skaktar at their last home game for the Ch.League. I hope you didnt bet on Pireaus because of their crowd!! Be more carefull.. You could read that everywhere!

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Not a great day yesterday. But still, thanks to Shakhtar I actually managed a +0.2pts! :eek :lol ARSENAL-SEVILLA This could be the most fun game to watch this night. Both teams have got of to a very good start in their respecive leagues. However I am not overly familiar with Spanish league, so I'm not certain what to expect of Sevilla tonight on the road. But both teams can score goals, and I expect Arsenal to be the team to dictate play. Still some important missings in Arsenal, so a bit weak in CB, but good offence with Adebayor scoring in the derby and Fabregas in great form. I hope, and think, we will see a few goals. Score prediction: 2-1 Pick 1: Over 2.5 goals - 2,00 @ Betsafe (2/10) PSV EINDHOVEN-CSKA MOSCOW PSV is doing well in their domestic league and are a team that is very strong at home. CSKA on the other hand is not a top team in the Russian league at the moment, they are weak away from home, winning only 1 of last 11 away games in the league. Decent odds for home win. Score prediction: 2-0 Pick 1: PSV - 1,90 @ Betsafe (3/10) SLAVIA PARAGUE-STEAUA BUCHAREST This is purly a stats in domestic leagues (and CL qualification) bet, as I have no bigger idea what to expect of these two teams. However Slavia eliminated Ajax from the CL in the qualifications. They are top of their league, and have yet to loose this season, and are a very strong home team. Steaua eliminated BATE to reach the group stages, not as good team as Ajax. They have a so-so start to the league, they sit in 7th, with a game in hand and 6 points behind the league leaders. So not a bad start in any way really. But they have only managed a goal in 3 away games, and even though only conceeding one as well, I feel away at Slavia they may find themselves letting a couple of goals in. I expect a tight game, but a home win in the end. Score prediction: 2-1 Pick 1: Slavia Prague - 2,25 @ Expekt (2/10)

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) United is without seven players because of injury, including midfielder Owen Hargreaves and captain Gary Neville. Rooney could link up with or replace Carlos Tevez up front, while Sporting - which has won three of its four league matches - is expected to start Yannick Djalo for the first time this season. With United seeking an away goal with tough trips to Dynamo Kiev and AS Roma still to come, Djalo's pace could be vital if Sporting is to counterattack. United are still struggling for goals but can beat Lisbon 1-0 Draw HT /Manchester Utd FT @ 5.00 with bet365

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Sevilla is second in the Spanish league after winning its opening two games, but is still feeling the effects of the sudden death of midfielder Antonio Puerta on Aug. 28 from prolonged cardiac arrest. Sevilla beat Recreativo Huelva 4-1 on Sunday, with Frederic Kanoute and Alexander Kerzhakov each scoring two goals after both sides had paid respect to Puerta. Arsenal must be in confident mode coming off a 3-1 win over north London rival Tottenham. Adebayor said he and his teammates have grown in confidence since last season. Tonights match should contain a hat full of goals with Seville scoring 8 goals in 2 matches and Arsenal 10 in 4 it should be end to end stuff. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.04 with Betterbet and BetDirect

The best bet there for me has to be Shakhtar to beat Celtic. Now I'm a Rangers fan, so I'll try and follow this prediction up with some constructive points ! Shakhtar Donetsk's and Celtic's only previous encounters came in the first group phase of the 2004-05 Champions League. The Ukrainian side won their home match (3-0) through goals by the Brazilians Matuzalem (two) and Brandao. Two weeks later, Celtic beat Shakhtar Donetsk (1-0) through a goal by Alan Thompson. Anatoli Tymoschuk and Cosmin Barcauan (both Shakhtar) were red-carded in that match. Shakhtar Donetsk are unbeaten in their last five Champions League home matches. Their last home defeat was on 14 September 2004 against AC Milan (0-1). Celtic are yet to win their first CL away match. In 13 matches away from home, Celtic managed one draw and 12 defeats. They have scored 9 goals and conceded 31. Celtic lost 3 goals in each of their 3 away games in the group stages last season, losing to Man U 3-2, Benfica 3-0 and Copenhagen 3-1. So my bet is Shakhtar to win. I think it is also worth noting that in Celtic's 13 Champions League away games, they have lost by 2 or more goals in 6 of those matches. So Shakhtar to win by two or more goals, which I have seen priced at 10/3, also looks great value to me.
Comfortable 2-0 victory for Shakhtar, could and should have won by more to make my handicap bet a lot more comfortable ! :ok

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Glasgow - Stuttgart the germans look like the better team here for me. Ferguson isn´t fit. He´ll play but not with 100 percent. He has a ligament injury. Stuttgarts striker scored in the 3-0 win over Cottbus last weekend. Gomez,Ewerthon and Cacau striked. They´re a solid team and Glasgow have some problems these days. Lost 2-4 versus HoM in SPL. Stuttgart could be a try for me. any suggestions?

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSporting v Manchester United
SelectionUnder 2.5 Goals
Strength10/10
Date19/09/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.63 (Back)
ReasoningManchester United will be happy to go away from home play it tight and would probably be happy with a point. They will be hoping to nick it and will then shut up shop. I can see the score line being 0 v 0 or 0 v 1 but I will opt for the unders to be on the safe side.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) I take two games from CL today. Glasgow - Stuttgart I said it. Glasgow with some troubles in league and Stuttgart as german champion with a solid away performance. The scotish playmaker Ferguson isn´t fit all 100 percent and that could be the point. He´s the brain of the Rangers. Eindhoven - Moscow Einhoven with a excellent league start and with one of the best european strikers in their rows. Roy Makaay transfered from Bayern munich to the dutch club in the offseason and made 4 goals in the first round of Ehrendivision in the Netherlands. Eindhoven at home is value imo.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) I've had a change of heart on the Rangers game as I said yesterday I was going to leave it alone. Paddy's offering 7/5 for the Rangers win and 4/5 for the Rangers 0 handicap so I've decided to jump on board. A risky one but I think at the prices being offered it is worth a punt. Alot depends on how Smith sets out his team. There is doubt over Ferguson but for me that makes little difference. The main player for me is Hemdani and if he plays then I don't see Rangers conceding here as he really gives the defence protection. Rangers are yet to concede in Europe this season though the opponents have not been in Stuttgart's class. The defeat on Saturday will be a wake up call for Rangers and with a full house tonight I expect them to go for the jugular early on. After this match they are away to Lyon then a double header with Barca so this is really a must win match for them as it's their best chance of 3 points till Lyon come to Ibrox. A win here I feel is more vital to Rangers than Stuttgart. I can see this being a very close match. Probably level at half time and then Rangers to nick it in the second half. Stuttgart for me are still the better side but have struggled away from home already in the Bundesliga this season. Most recently they lost 1:3 at Hertha and then 0:1 at newly promoted Karlsruhe. They have not been as convincing for me as the price suggests. As Ayebrox said yesterday Rangers have a good home record in Europe recently, as do Celtic. Rangers have not lost at home in Europe in the last 12 matches stretching back to the end of the 2004/05 season where they lost at home to Auxerre. Rangers 1-0 Crvena zvezda Rangers 2-0 Zeta Rangers 1-1 Osasuna Rangers 4-0 Hapoel Tel-Aviv Rangers 1-0 Partizan Rangers 2-0 Maccabi Haifa Rangers 2-0 Molde Rangers 2-2 Villarreal Rangers 1-1 Inter Rangers 0-0 Artmedia Rangers 3-2 Porto Rangers 2-0 Anorthosis

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) dear chiqo. I agree that Makaay is a great striker. However, he plays for feyenoord and not for PSV eindhoven. You may want to reconsider your reasons for betting on eindhoven. They lost striker Kone this summer, and farfan is probably not fit enough to play. They also miss other players.They struggled to win their game last weekend (1-0). With CSKA playing defensively (5 defenders) i expect a draw here...

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Sorry little time for much writing but these are my 5 bets tonight Barcelona -1 AH @ 2.0 Canbet 5/10 - I know alot about Lyon and they just havent impressed me much this season, they aren't the force they used to be. Barca misfiring this season but should have too much firepower for Les Gones PSV straight win @ 1.92 Hills 4/10 - Every year the dutch outfit do well in this competition, I'd say they can win tonight against CSKA who aren't as good this year as they have been in recent seasons, struggling domestically. Arsenal -0.25 AH @ 1.91 Canbet 3/10 - Too big these odds IMO, both these sides are quality but I'd always favour the host's in these sort of matches Roma -1.25 AH @ 1.94 Betdirect 3/10 - I was stung buy a couple of bigger handicaps last night but Roma are in fine form at the momnent and should collect a comfortable win. Rangers (0) AH @ 1.94 Canbet 2/10 - A samll one here as odds are just to meaty to resist. A dangerous match to bet in but Rangers ca'nt be underestimated at home IMO, Stuttgart are a weak German champion and have yet to set the world alight in the Bundesliga this year.

i don't think that beşiktaş and fenerbahçe take a point from marseille and inter.both teams have a problem in domestic league and it seems not solve their problems in a short period .my pick: marseille & inter.
i'm still thinking same.Fenerbahçe in a bad form in Turkish League and it's not solve in a short period.nobody believe in zico, like me:.if you look at the squad not bad . Kezman,Alex de Souza,Edu,Lugano,R.Carlos,Deivid, Appiah all of them good players but they're not playing effectively in Zico's system.on the other hand, İnter has many important missing,especially at the defence line.Burdisso,maicon,cordoba,viera,chivu,materazzi,all are missing.although all these players absence,İnter easily win with talented players.like Zlatan,crespo and figo. FENERBAHÇE Volkan Demirel Önder Edu Lugano Roberto Carlos Deivid Aurelio Deniz Vederson (Uğur) Alex Kezman INTER Julio Cesar Zanetti Rivas Samuel Maxwell Stankovic (Figo) Dacourt Cambiasso Solari İbrahimovic Suazo