** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Morris

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Adding: UEFA Champions League Soccer - FC Schalke/Valencia - total Over 2 (-135) for the regulation time held on Sep 18 at 1:45pm [pending] Schalke have a reputation as a secure defensive unit, but they have conceded a goal in every game this season (typical score: 1-1). The other teams in their group are Chelsea and Rosenborg, so everybody's going to have beat up on Rosenborg, the whipping boys, while getting some good results against the other two. As Schalke is the third best on paper, they will hope to start out group play with a win at home before travleing to Rosenborg and Chelsea. As for Valencia, they are the stronger team here and tend to win their league games by 3-0 scores. I'm thinking both will score here and the question will be which will push from there. But I think the line is friendly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Five pics tonight for the CL opener: Porto - Liverpool Pick: Liverpool win @ 2.25 (Eurobet) 10/10 The reasoning here is that Liverpool have an improved roster this year whereas Porto have probably become a little weaker. Furthermore, the importance of Benitez has to be stressed. He is a master strategist and can beat Porto with the players he has. I see a very tight game; the type Benitez knows how to get by a score of 0-1. Marseille - Besiktas Pick: Draw @ 3.25 (Eurobet) 10/10 I was tempted to take Besiktas for the win. What held me back was their problematic scoring ability in their league. Marseille began the season in a desperate way. I really don't see where they will find the confidence to fire away against a Besiktas team who I think will play for the draw. I see a dull 0-0 game. Schalke - Valencia Pick: Draw @3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 Schalke and Valencia are solid teams. Valencia has more raw talent, but Schalke has the home advantage in this one. I think these two factors will balance out. Furthermore, Schalke has a solid defense and Valencia is still trying to find its tempo. I think both teams will be careful. I see a 1-1 draw. Olympiakos - Lazio Pick: Draw @3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 This may be the most boring game of the night. Olympiakos has made a few quality additions to its roster, but the team has only played one league match (0-0 derby against Panathanaikos). Olympiakos' problem in the CL has been a leaky defense so I think they will be especially careful. Latsio is an OK team which has shown a propensity for draws in the early part of the Campionato. I can't really see them pushing too hard for more than a draw. The game will be played without fans which further minimizes, I think, the chances for any goal scoring. I see a 0-0 draw. Chelsea - Rosenborg Pick: Draw (EH -1 Chelsea) @ 4.00 (Interwetten) 10/10 I think Chelsea will do the job, one way or another, but I can't see them doing it by more than one goal since their main scorers Lampard and Drogba are out. I can see Rosenborg keeping the game tight and Chelsea grabbing what it needs by a score of 1-0. As a result, the EH -1 @ 4.00 appears to be a good bet.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Schalke is good value imo. Despite drawing quite much, form is alright and I think they will try to push heavily what midfield definately is capable of. I read about Valenci that things there ain't going really well yet, form and the later season start plus the fanatic home crowd might lead to home win.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) The game between Olympiakos and Lazio is a real chance for the Italians to start with a win at Champions League.I dont think Olympiakos defence can hold for much time against the strikers of Lazio,thats why the coach of Olympiakos will play with 2 Defensive Midfielders and a 4-5-1 formation in Olympiakos first home game for the Champions League this year.Also the stadium will be empty and there will be no Olympiakos supporters to create the atmosphere that can encourage the players... So my pick for today Lazio to win @ 2.82 (Betfair)

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Porto - Liverpool Pool is the better team for me. They beaten Toulose in the heat of south france (38°) and won also the second leg. Porto gave up Chr.Ronaldo,Deco and Morinho in the last couple of years. With them the team were much better than now but they aren´t in my eyes. Benitez rested some players last weekend and is smart enough to win away from home versus Porto. Schalke - Valencia It´s a must win for Schalke. They must win their home legs to have a chance to enter the next level in champs league. Good efforts versus Bayern Munich last saturday (1-1) and Dortmund one round before (4-1 win). Valencia with a 4-5 goal balance received a defeat in the season opening versus Villareal 0-3 and won away versus UD Almeida and at home versus Valladolid. But the goalkeeper and the inner defender aren´t the best. They sidelined the german 2nd national keeper Timo Hildebrandt. I can´t understand it but it´s good for the Schalke punt. Real Madrid - Werder Bremen over 2.5 Schuster do a great job in spain. 3 rounds - 3 wins. He rested van Nistelrooy last weekend but won 3-1. Sneijder with a good freekick. Bremens defender Mertesacker is questionable. He´s imoportant for Bremens defense. I think that Bremen will have no chance but the odds on Madrid are too low. I take the over 2.5 goals here :ok:ok

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep)

Five pics tonight for the CL opener: Porto - Liverpool Pick: Liverpool win @ 2.25 (Eurobet) 10/10 The reasoning here is that Liverpool have an improved roster this year whereas Porto have probably become a little weaker. Furthermore, the importance of Benitez has to be stressed. He is a master strategist and can beat Porto with the players he has. I see a very tight game; the type Benitez knows how to get by a score of 0-1. Marseille - Besiktas Pick: Draw @ 3.25 (Eurobet) 10/10 I was tempted to take Besiktas for the win. What held me back was their problematic scoring ability in their league. Marseille began the season in a desperate way. I really don't see where they will find the confidence to fire away against a Besiktas team who I think will play for the draw. I see a dull 0-0 game. Schalke - Valencia Pick: Draw @3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 Schalke and Valencia are solid teams. Valencia has more raw talent, but Schalke has the home advantage in this one. I think these two factors will balance out. Furthermore, Schalke has a solid defense and Valencia is still trying to find its tempo. I think both teams will be careful. I see a 1-1 draw. Olympiakos - Lazio Pick: Draw @3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 This may be the most boring game of the night. Olympiakos has made a few quality additions to its roster, but the team has only played one league match (0-0 derby against Panathanaikos). Olympiakos' problem in the CL has been a leaky defense so I think they will be especially careful. Latsio is an OK team which has shown a propensity for draws in the early part of the Campionato. I can't really see them pushing too hard for more than a draw. The game will be played without fans which further minimizes, I think, the chances for any goal scoring. I see a 0-0 draw. Chelsea - Rosenborg Pick: Draw (EH -1 Chelsea) @ 4.00 (Interwetten) 10/10 I think Chelsea will do the job, one way or another, but I can't see them doing it by more than one goal since their main scorers Lampard and Drogba are out. I can see Rosenborg keeping the game tight and Chelsea grabbing what it needs by a score of 1-0. As a result, the EH -1 @ 4.00 appears to be a good bet.
Having 10/10 confidence for all of your bets is very impressive! Lets hope your confidence is proved correct by 9.30 tonite ;)

I'm from turkey I will write this article about besiktas(turkey) for you.firstly menager of this team explained they are going for one point.He hide his best footballers at last league match agaisnt ankaraspor for example bobo' date='delgado,cisse.my bet in this match under.another foundation besiktas played 6 match in turkish super league and five of them concluded under.ın addition last two matches didn't score namelly besiktas last two matches draw 0-0[/quote'] bobo and cisse played 90 minutes at last match.and i did not hear these words from our coach.i could not understand what is vratislavs problem 154654zi6.jpg

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Some good posts on the forum here. Just a word on the not so good. I follow Man Utd but would cheer on Celtic in the CL. Have to say that ayebrox, you have a good solid point about Celtic's away performances in the competion, and a well constructed post. "Rangers are mince" on the other hand lends nothing to a constructive post from any betting angle. Just right to outline the correct stats. Punters heads shouldn't get clouded with mince and tatties:ok

Porto vs Liverpool I confess I'm a bit surprised to see many people backing Liverpool at these odds! First of all I should recall my a possible bias a Porto fan. But... Yes Liverpool are off to a good start in the League but so are Porto who have won 4 out of 4 in Portugal. Yes, I know most people don't care about Portuguese league results but out of those 4 3 were tough fixtures (Braga away, Sporting home, Leiria away). I don't think an English team has won in Porto - at least for a long, long time. Of course Liverpool are capable of doing it. But backing them at 2.30 ? This is a more even match than that, without a doubt. Porto are actually a stronger team this season than last IMO, some good signings were brought in and the squad is more balanced. True we are missing a couple of important players but still the rest of the side is capable. Certainly Liverpool are capable of winning at Porto. But at these odds I think it's very bold to back them. Draw is better value IMO.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Chelsea vs Rosenborg Pick: Under 3.5 1.56 Betfair Chelsea has one goal last 3 matchs, Lampard and Drogba injured and chelsea has match very very important next weekend (22 september): Manchester United VS Chelsea. I Think that rosenborg not to score.:ok

Re: Porto vs Liverpool

I confess I'm a bit surprised to see many people backing Liverpool at these odds! First of all I should recall my a possible bias a Porto fan. But... Yes Liverpool are off to a good start in the League but so are Porto who have won 4 out of 4 in Portugal. Yes, I know most people don't care about Portuguese league results but out of those 4 3 were tough fixtures (Braga away, Sporting home, Leiria away). I don't think an English team has won in Porto - at least for a long, long time. Of course Liverpool are capable of doing it. But backing them at 2.30 ? This is a more even match than that, without a doubt. Porto are actually a stronger team this season than last IMO, some good signings were brought in and the squad is more balanced. True we are missing a couple of important players but still the rest of the side is capable. Certainly Liverpool are capable of winning at Porto. But at these odds I think it's very bold to back them. Draw is better value IMO.
I have to agree with every word said. Liverpool will try to win but will be satisfied with a draw. Portsmouth should have beat Liverpool 3-0 at the weekend, a penalty save and two missed sitters gave us a point. We have a very weak left side with Riise out injured and Babel hasn't looked much good although you could argue he is one for the future. There must be much better opportunities than Porto vs Liverpool.

Chelsea vs Rosenborg Pick: Under 3.5 1.56 Betfair Chelsea has one goal last 3 matchs, Lampard and Drogba injured and chelsea has match very very important next weekend (22 september): Manchester United VS Chelsea. I Think that rosenborg not to score.:ok
yeah it seemed a valuable bet for me and I have taken with high stakes.

Sorry to hijack this thread but www.futbol24.com is not online tonight so can anyone provide with an alternative link that gives live scores (fastest and reliable)? Thank you
www.livescore.com is the best in my opinion, very fast with updates. http://home.skysports.com/livescores/football/ if you want bookings details, substitutions etc.

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) www.livescore.com www.tbwsport.com www.livescore.cc www.ergebnisselive.de http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/scoreboard?league=uefa.champions&cc=5739 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/live_scores/default.stm hope you like some of that. You can also follow some matches by livescore of bwin.com It´s live and you have the latest stuff there.A chat is also in the live section. www.bwin.com :ok

Re: Champions League (18-19 Sep) Chelsea are rightly ****ing up at home to Rosenborg. Appartently, plenty chances, Malouda off the line, Shevchenko thru on goal only to fall over a Rosenborg player who was lying injured on the ground. Rosenborg score with their only attack! I've a big bet on Chelsea to win, so hopefully they can convert a couple of their chances in the 2nd half. Expect to see Wright Phillips and maybe Mikel early in second half. Possibly Makelele leaving woulod be my guess.

Does anyone have the prices at the start of the game for Shakter to beat Celtic? HH Mongooose
around 1.9 for a home win I would take it but I thought that Celtic can´t be shite all the time in international business. But Shac at home is too difficult for the filibegs. :$