** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Winner - 2007/8

Re: Champions League Winner - 2007/8 Chelsea 2-1 Man U - £2 returns £26 :hope Ballack F/S - £2 returns £20 :hope Drogba F/S - £2 returns £16 :hope Tevez L/S - £2 returns £20 :hope Hull - Doncaster Double - £3 returns £14 :hope

Re: Champions League Winner - 2007/8

What's the feeling on less than 2 goals? Odds on Paddypower are 11-8. I can see this being a 0-0 or maybe a 1-0 to either side. Can't see a goal fest for this one.
See the thing in this situation which comes up every other week is that really you would have to be absolutely crackers to back under (2) @ 1.83... I mean really... any value on that bet was sucked long ago and I think thats were people go wrong... there is NO CHANCE that in such a big match betting on this option could be value... though it may win this time... over the long you can't win (I guess just like backing favs at the track)... way to go here is CS... overs (Which I am considering I mean truly both of these teams are well capable of scoring).... I am guessing the 0-0 theory is coming from Man Utd away leg in Barca (I feel this is completely irrelevant... shutting up shop away in a 2 leg match is one thing... doing it in a final is just suicide)... not to say it's impossible :lol :lol :lol ... but anyway really obvious bets like this are often a big bookie money maker I mean with such a heavily backed match and a large part of that market blindly betting unders you'll be hard pressed to do well here.... personally I feel if Man Utd tried to defend they would go down rather quickly... ....I am pretty tempted to go M. Ballack 2 score 1st but I think waiting until the start of the match may give a better perspective for this bet... Over for me looks more likely (But I will wait untill last possible second who knows mayb the line will lower again to 1 3/4 and I can throw a party)... also C. Ronaldo to score anytime @ 2.85 looks WAY to big from Centrebet... I am there...:ok

Re: Champions League Winner - 2007/8 No idea on this one, I certainly would not make anyone a clear favourite. In fact I just have a hunch for Chelsea, as a betting prospective, stakes will be kept small due to not having a clue and anything this big, worse possible margins from the bookies.

Re: Champions League Winner - 2007/8

also C. Ronaldo to score anytime @ 2.85 looks WAY to big from Centrebet... I am there...:ok
I've made a lot of money this season backing Ronaldo to score, but when is the last time he actually got any change out of Chelsea's defence? He'll almost certainly spend most of the game up against Ashley Cole, who usually does well against Ronaldo. I'm pretty sure Ronaldo hasn't scored against Chelsea since pre-Mourinho, if at all. Given his lacklustre performances in CL semi's in the past, its a genuine gamble whether he will get a goal in the final against this opponent. I can see your logic on the unders, and the last 3 finals have all gone over too. I do see it as an unders game myself, but not at the under 2.5 quote of 1.5. No value at all.