** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

"If i had a Betfair Bot i would ....... "

Re: "If i had a Betfair Bot i would ....... " I've always wondered how much the obvious trends in prices before the off (esp. horse racing) is due to trades mades simply on the direction of the market (either manually or using bots). I would use a bot to collate live data (or use the available betfair data) and then try to find an algorithm that reacts to market movement. Easy :lol. This would be risky, and long-term would need monitoring and updating. I use the free API at the moment. The limitations imposed slow down what I want it for, but some of the ideas mentioned in earlier posts wouldn't be compromised too much by using the free version.

Re: "If i had a Betfair Bot i would ....... " Some interesting stuff here guys. I'm thinking in this direction myself and am having a bot made by a programmer I know. I would definitely advise to not think too deep, the more you complicate it, the harder it will be to create. I agree Tennis, Darts and Snooker have big swings on a regular basis, but it needs thought on how to go about it.

Re: "If i had a Betfair Bot i would ....... "

I’ve got into basic-ish bots this year on Betfair. Getting better at it. To do a decent job some ability with VBA is handy.

I’m not overly interested in the API side so I’m happy to give Gruss £5.00 a month and use my spreadsheets via that API connection.

As some have mentioned, in play is the area of most interest, not least because there’s no meaningful data commercially or freely available.

Some very interesting lines of inquiry . . . more data the better, as always.

Re: "If i had a Betfair Bot i would ....... "

An area i'd look at would be tennis in-running.
I experimented with placing bets on tennis in-running when the back side of the book fell below 100% and went over 100% on the lay side. I used Betfair Trader coupled with Excel. The only difficulty was getting both bets matched as it wasn't the quickest way of placing a bet but it was capable of making a profit.

• 2 weeks later...