** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Eng v Aus

Guest Bobbo

With the experimental squad that Eng will be playing the early prices I have seen are 11/4 the draw and 11/2 Aus, haven't seen the Aus squad yet but I assume it will be fairly strong. With Eng playing two different team for each half surely covering the draw and away would be a good speculative bet. Will add to this later when more news available but even draw/aus or eng/aus would be worth thinking out

Re: Eng-Aus I might be wrong but I'm sure Australia are 7/1 at some bookies - maybe more at others - certainly 11/2 is nowhere near the best price. Check out BetBase to see the best odds. (Am I allowed to suggest that? If not please edit Mods and sorry!) Personally I wouldn't touch a bet on this game with a bargepole but I agree I think considering it is just an experiment a bet on the away or draw could be seen by some as value.

Guest Carlisle Blue

England v Aus With the probable forward line in the first of the inform Owen & Heskey in the first half and maybe David (if I flap harder will I take off) James in goal in the second. The bet has to be HT Draw FT Australia.

Guest billy1976

re-eng aus I am thinking England will start with a strong side against aus and will no doubt bring in B team for second half so I think I am going to go 2-1 England double with a viduka last goal at 110/1 you can also get 7-1 on aus at hills with eng/aus ht/ft at 50-1:b

IMHO Its just not worth backing anything in this friendly , so unpredictable. only way i'd have a punt is 1st goalscorer simply cos i'll be watchiNg it, but as a serious bet then NO WAY!

Eng-Aus Can't see any value in bets for this one tomorrow(but who cares as long as money's coming in as long as Rooney plays some part :rollin ). Value may be on Aus and draw and it may be good to back them prior to KO and then maybe back Eng for in-running if things don't go to plan for England. This way, the only way for you to lose would be for England to get off to a flyer - which I doubt would be possible given the quality in the Aussie side with the likes of Schwarzer, Vidmar, Moore, Viduka, Okon, Kewell. FYI, the Aussie squad can be checked at www.thefa.com(the FA's Official site). Cheers ;)

Guest dprovan

Re: Eng-Aus The quote below is taken from bettingzone and I think puts up a good argument for laying England at 1.53 with betfair. I won't be going massive on this but as it is a friendly and Australia are no mugs I fancy having the draw and aussie win on my side.... Small stake recommended ;) "Quite simply, there are big dangers for punters when backing teams who lack cohesion and continuity - they cannot be trusted to perform when they know that a mistake could put into doubt their immediate England future or effect yet another substitution. In fact, the national side have scored first in four of their last seven friendlies and won only once - the 4-0 drubbing of Paraguay at Anfield last April. Incredibly, five of their last seven friendlies have ended all-square, and the one that didn't - the Italy match - was heading for a stalemate until the very last kick of the game won the game for the Azzurri. Even the last World Cup qualifying match ended level, against minnows Macedonia, so there is a definite pattern here. In short, just don't trust a makeshift England to bring home the bacon, especially an outfit as unsettled as this one."

Guest dprovan

Re: Eng-Aus :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin yes as a scot living in Northern Ireland I have no reason to laugh.... but heah why not:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin