** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Paradise STT's - 4 places paid - better value?

robilaruk

just noticed they are offer 4 pay 10 seat STT's on paradise 1st $41 2nd $29 3rd $19 4th $11 so 1st has taken a big hit compared to normal 50/30/20 payout structures and 4th gets your money back. So are these better value than standard tounry's? the bubble arrives earlier which is a plus if you are aggressive and the blinds should still be reasonable at this point allowing for some play (50/100 100/200 I would think) as I have noticed that because of the 8 min blinds the bubble in a stadard game (generally) has blinds at 200/400 300/600, so there is no play at all really. Are people who enter this 4 pay tourny doing so with a losing mentality? i.e. "I reckon i can scrape 4th and get my money back, so i can't lose coz i might get lucky" and if so how do you play against them to maximise EV? Just wondering Damo

Re: Paradise STT's - 4 places paid - better value? I have played a couple of these on the Boss network. I find if your aggressive enough you can bully yourself into a position where your gaurenteed 4th because people are desperate for the money. Not sure they fill up as quick as the other SnG's though. Certainly good value IMO as you only need to knock 5 people out to get your money back at least.

Re: Paradise STT's - 4 places paid - better value?

I have played a couple of these on the Boss network. I find if your aggressive enough you can bully yourself into a position where your gaurenteed 4th because people are desperate for the money. Not sure they fill up as quick as the other SnG's though. Certainly good value IMO as you only need to knock 5 people out to get your money back at least.
cheers Staffy Damo

Re: Paradise STT's - 4 places paid - better value?

With a flatter pay structure' date=' surely it is right to "slow down" - if you play "win or bust", then you are winning less when you win......[/quote'] having played one (I know a pointless sample size) Staffy is right, people get tight with 6 to go and allows for steals etc - and then get really loose when ITM - we all had between 2-5K in chips and blinds at 100/200 so some play left and all of a sudden it was an AI fest - so I am not sure slowing down is the best option Just a random musing from a single game Damo

Re: Paradise STT's - 4 places paid - better value? I've been playing a lot of these lately and for me there a cracking game.Lot's of opportunities to steal and when you do get down to the last 4 you can treat it as a freeroll. Played 30 cashed 27 times,7 of which have been 4th place.:ok Only problem i find is that the tables don't fill up very fast.