** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro Qualifers - Potential Value ?

Here are a few matches that show possible value to be had, obviously others might disagree. All prices are from Bet365 These are all dependant on team news of course. Ireland v Albania 1.25 4.50 10.00 Albania look exceptional value here despite Ireland's good home record. They were all over Ireland like a rash in Tirana and are way overpriced against an Ireland team that is still finding its feet under Brian Kerr. Maybe X2. Scotland v Germany 5.50 3.25 1.57 Scotland are a poor side, that goes without saying, anything like a full strength Germany side would make 4/7 look very nice indeed as I just simply can't see Scotland getting anything. Estonia v Andorra 1.10 6.00 21.00 I don't believe Estonia should be a 1.10 shot against anyone. Andorra know how to defend and it is not beyond the realms of possibility for them to get a shock 0-0 here, although unlikely granted. Iceland v Faroes Islands 1.29 4.50 8.00 People still laugh when the Faroes are mentioned, but take a look at their recent results and you will see they have improved significantly from the days of getting hammered when they first arrived on the scene. So much so that they lost only 2-1 IN Germany and hit the bar in the last minute! Iceland are no great shakes, this would not be a massive shock IMO. Macedonia v Liechtenstein 1.10 6.00 21.00 Another team you have to say cannot really be considered a 1.10 shot no matter who they play. Liechtenstein are very new to the International stage, but they have a little bit of quality going forward surprisingly enough. Although you would expect Macedonia to win, the value definitely lies in possibly Liechtenstein on the Asian Handicap probably and maybe even the a small stake on X2, remember there are no cricket scores anymore in football. ;)

Iceland-Faroe Islands Needless to say that Iceland is a much better team than Faroe Islands. Anything than a Home Win would be a surprise, so my suggestions would be: Iceland to win @ 1.36 @ Ladbrokes Iceland (-1.5)-Faroe Islands: 1 @ 1.90 @ Ladbrokes OVER @ 1.81 @ Pinnacle Sports Good luck!

Guest PoppyPower25

Ireland v albania As a Green i cant wait for tomorrow and wednesday as we should know by wednesday nite where our holidays will be booked for next summer. Tomorrows games is gonna be very tough, and the bookies quotes at ireland at 1/4 and 1/3 is crazy - i would'nt put the queens money on it. :o But id never bet against the boys one thing for sure. Seen Powers have Albania +2 at evens - for a neautral i reckon thats a hell of a bet, ireland will probably nick it by a goal but i sure cant see us knock 3 or 4 past em... The germans look like the pick of paddock so far for me. 8o CMONNNN OIRELANNNNN

Re: Ireland v albania

Needless to say that Iceland is a much better team than Faroe Islands. Anything than a Home Win would be a surprise:
I have to disagree with the confidence you put behind Iceland especially at such a short price. I'm not saying Faroes are maximum bet material, but they are a much improved team from their old days. Here's the form: Sep 7, 2002 Faroe_Islands - Scotland 2 - 2 Oct 12, 2002 Lithuania - Faroe_Islands 2 - 0 Iceland - Scotland 0 - 2 Oct 16, 2002 Germany - Faroe_Islands 2 - 1 Iceland - Lithuania 3 - 0 Mar 29, 2003 Scotland - Iceland 2 - 1 I see nothing there that makes Iceland a 1.25 shot. They may well go and maul the Faroes, but I don't believe they will. If they can keep hold of the star Icelandics like Gudjonnsen then who knows, but I just couldn't be backing Iceland with any confidence at that price. :\

Iceland Iceland won't have it easy against the Faroes and a draw wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact, the away win wouldn't totally surprise me either (of course, neither would the home win). It's not one I'd fancy betting on to be honest. The two early goals the Faroes scored against Scotland were well worked and well finished (we did give them a lot of space though) and they proved that when they defend in numbers they are a nightmare to break down. And almost snatching a draw in Germany is quite an achievment. They really have come a long, long way, those cheeky little islanders. ;)

Guest kojic2003

Re: Iceland The same story like for Malta-Cyprus!Faroes are better team then few years ago,but come on,guys.They are amateurs,their job is fishing,not football.They have some players with excelent technique,but like Malta they can play good only first 30min.After that period they are without strength and main ocupation is defense.That can bring them good results sometimes,but not against better teams when they play on road.It's diferent story in these games.Question is when will their rivals score the first goal.If Faroes don't score the goal in first 20-30min this will be end of the story and new defeat. But who cares?Tomorrow is a new day for fishing. :) Only value I see in Albania and maybe draw in Estonia-Andorra,but for others no chance.