** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

South 3.10. Seen, Marks out of 10 Please.

Guest beamer

My 1st post using patternform, so fingers X'ed. South 3.10 Park Star 60% Sea The World 40% I missed yesterdays racing, but after the overnight frost, ground conditions is anyones guess. Although Mr Pertemps looks a worthy fav from a stable in form, I do think there are reasons to take him on. Clearly progressive, I get the impression he is better over 6f and this is an after- thought, as he is likely to be raised again after his 2nd lto. His only C&D win was a h/cap off 49, from a plum draw. Still well treated within the context of todays race, the opposition should be stronger today. Although the draw bias is not as strong nowadays, I don't think 10/12 is too good. Although he has been the subject of successful gambles, he has also performed poorly as fav. Mr Pertemps is 1/2 ( 50% ) over todays conditions. Park Star's stats are: 311150 = 3/6 ( 50% ). RP Spotlight view his layoff as a negative, however I would argue the opposite. 2yo 1st out: 3/15 Ran well, backed 10/1-6/1. Next run: Won as fav. Next run: Poor run on unsuitable ground. 3yo 1st out: 2/10 behind On Point at Lingfield. Next run: Won beating On point by 6l at his favoured Southwell. Next run: Won again at Southwell. Whilst I think it can be dangerous interpreting stats, The time to catch this horse may be on the 1st/2nd run. RP states D.Shaw is out of form, but he does pop the odd winner in, has a 9% SR with a profit of £23.50. My biggest downfall at the two northern A/W tracks is gauging the going. Previous experience tells me they harrow heavily after frost and it may run deep/slow. This would be a negative for Park Star and that is the reason I have added Sea The World . Sea The World put up a decent run lto from an outside draw, looking like he was returning to form. That race was the same prep race he had last year (4th behind Park Star) when winning his only race. His stats over C&D on slow is 1/1 ( 100% ), so I do think he is worth an interest at 16.0. Any comments appreciated beamer

Re: South 3.10. Seen, Marks out of 10 Please. Good stuff, Beamer. The going on both AW tracks is officailly Standard to Slow, so I think we need to be careful today. The draw over Southwells straight 5f is always impossible to predict and the track being treated for frost further adds to the confusion. I think MR PERTEMPS will be hard to beat, but your two are certainly worth a go at bigger odds. Good luck

Re: South 3.10. Seen, Marks out of 10 Please. seen, i remember when one of the a/w tracks was slow before there were only three horses in one race with wins on slow, which you pointed out before the race. they came 1,2,3 with a huge tricast payout. any idea if this happens much?

South 3.10. Seen, Marks out of 10 Please. Hi Dave, I've noticed that it's happened more than once, yes, but the problem is we can't be sure just how the track is riding until racing is underway. I've got to go back to work so i can't monitor the racing throughout the afternoon, but if you can then check to see if the early winners have previous form on slow - if so then it's a fair bet the track is running deep.